Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Happy Lunar New Year! The feature team has a few gifts for you!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Confidence (Some Assembly Required); FRA run, hopefully with 100% less save file loss!
Topic Started: Apr 6 2017, 11:09 PM (1,218 Views)
❤ Heather ❤
Member Avatar
Me Writing A Character
So, since NQNH went the way of the dodo (rip in save loss), I still haven't completed a FRA Nuzlocke. With this, I'm going to change that, and do it the right way. Starting off, we have...

THE RULES

Table of Contents

Without any further ado...

Come On, Start The Adventure!

Team Camryn
[edit_reason]Table of Contents updoot[/edit_reason]
Edited by Heather, Oct 19 2017, 09:49 PM.
Posted Image
In Soviet NatPark, I'm a fish!
thing do
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

❤ Mane ❤
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Cute! A little bit of the dialogue was kind of ham-fisted though. Maybe that's just my reaction to the condensed nature of screenshot runs but given I haven't felt that about the original it might be new. Anyway, look forward to more!
A tale of friendship, camaraderie, pain and death. Who will live? Who will die? Will anyone live? Will anyone die? Only time will tell.

SeaMaid
Member Avatar
The one who latches on to obscure characters

I swear to god Daisy and Cam are so cute

Camryn's sprite is looking good, too! I see the face of an Aroma Lady?

Just one problem: I'm using the Black Water theme, and Derek's text is nigh-unreadable with that background. The others' are fine though.

So many catches... Well, I suppose Brock won't be a problem with both Frank and Dean.
Since I rotate my avatars and don't want to remake my sig a billion times, have a collective list of sources in order.
Music Thread | SoundCloud | WritScrib

Want a storylocke of a "soul-crushing" hake along with that amateur music? This one's gonna come back someday I swear:
Posted Image

I'm also responsible for the one and only HarvestCraft run on these forums if you want a chill experience.
(that one's on semi-official hiatus though, sorry;;)

lesbian xion
Member Avatar
xion is best girl
i remember yr other run. shame it went under. save file losses r the worst. ://

this is looking good so far! usual stuff that happens at the start aside, the team is interesting. especially the sunkern o: brock shouldn't be a problem with dean and frank
Posted Image

Even if I'm not ready... I have to make this choice.

Mewtwo
Member Avatar
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

This is very cute so far! I'm definitely enjoying it.

I don't think I've ever seen a MC who's already in a relationship at the start of a run. Definitely refreshing to see something new.

I look forward to more!
Posted Image
Banner design courtesy of Lovefool.

Join Shitchat, a server to hang out and meme!

❤ Heather ❤
Member Avatar
Me Writing A Character
Replies

The First Campaign

Team Camryn

Posted Image
thing do

Deku
Member Avatar
We at Pumpkin Hill, you ready?

Aw man, I didn't even know NQNH went down the shitter. Hm. Shame, I liked it a lot.
Please do not let Sasha die I just lost a Venipede today pls pls plssss
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. It's wings are too small to get it's fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Posted Image

Shitchat Plays Pokemon, insanity. I’m too lazy to do the number update thing so i’m on update 3

Super Smash Tourney, a friendly tournament against allies and rivals. [Part 2]

The Suite Life of Anakin and Kenobi, a shitposting masterpiece. [Episode 1]

Gems, a story about a boy with a name many misspell. [Part 8]

Meme Van > Shitchat

❤ Heather ❤
Member Avatar
Me Writing A Character
Replies

Rise To The Challenge (vs Brock)

Team Camryn

A very big thank you to Shiny Dustox for the Trainer Card featured in the text conversation-I couldn't have edited that in myself!
[edit_reason]one small typo escaped my notice, it has been fixed,[/edit_reason]
Edited by Heather, Apr 10 2017, 02:18 AM.
Posted Image
thing do

SeaMaid
Member Avatar

Whoop, might've missed the last update. Good thing it didn't take long to catch up.

Brock doesn't let up on healing does he? Good thing you grinded that much. And aww at the lady part, it made me smile.

That pun though. Camryn no indeed.

"Ugh, I'm no good at this battle small talk!" I like this interpretation of this random trainer that's never going to show up again. (Also I was so worried that someone would be KO'd due to all the detail, you have no idea...)
Since I rotate my avatars and don't want to remake my sig a billion times, have a collective list of sources in order.

Want a storylocke of a "soul-crushing" hake along with that amateur music? This one's gonna come back someday I swear:
Posted Image

I'm also responsible for the one and only HarvestCraft run on these forums if you want a chill experience.

❤ Heather ❤
Member Avatar
Me Writing A Character
Replies

As All Stars Fall

Team Camryn
Edited by Heather, Apr 15 2017, 05:36 PM.
Posted Image
thing do

Alba Corbina
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Your team looks pretty strong, and I like all their personalities. Good luck!
Nature Vs. Nurture 2: A Terrible Nature-Locke of Emerald

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Calypso--Mothra--Zelgadis-Amelia--Stitch

Posted Image
Banner made by the awesome Shiny Dustox

On Hiatus

Posted ImageGoGoGogoatPosted Image
Member Avatar
I am a man of glory, I've got a million stories
Team Rocket's recruiting slogan: "at least we're not as dumb as the Galactic morons."

Now I do like Amaura, but it has the defenses of wet tissue paper, so... careful with her. x_x
Posted Image

Last update - (1/25) Part #21: Leviathan // Q+A open!

Current team (spoilers!)

Posted Image

Not dead, I promise...

Posted Image

Last update - (1/22) | A compendium of my past and present projects. Check it out!

"So long as you always maintain a sense of exploration, you will someday find the way out. This is my hope."

SeaMaid
Member Avatar

Dean no ;_; I didn't even click the music link when I read this earlier (family in the room) but I still felt a bit sad. Was hoping to see how well Sunflora hold up in FRA...

"I'm a Rocket, dumbass!" OK, that made me laugh a bit.

Aand FRA made Rocket even less menacing. Good going.

Boreas is gonna be interesting, huh...

Posted Image

mint0h
No Avatar

I'm so glad you haven't given up on FRA, despite your save file loss.
I really liked the story of a trans girl trainer, and I knew that you were really good at writing those types of stories from last time. And this definitely doesn't fail to deliver!

I've noticed your style takes on a more text approach for screenshot runs, which makes the character development and interactions much more worth it rather than speedrunning though the screenshots. I really like that!

Each of the Pokemon have been a joy to see, I didn't like Frank or Marigold at first due to their personalities, but they have been growing on me so far.
I'm totally happy for Camryn that she is seen as who she really is, but I fear that her Pokemon or later characters will become prejudiced to her. Just like what happened last run, but I am still intrigued how you will handle that. I want to see her grow more into who she wants to be!
Current Runs

Posted Image

Posted ImageShiny DustoxPosted Image
Member Avatar
the last ace in a lost hand

Oh, nice! You got the Hitmontop. I always liked that over the other Hitmon evos, so I'm definitely not complaining.

Anyhow, hi! So far, everything looks off to a good start. I do have some comments, if you don't mind.

I felt that your dialogue could be tighter. What I mean by that is that sometimes, your dialogue can feel rushed and sometimes, I feel there's a bit of a disconnect between the scenes. Since a lot of our content is dialogue-driven, it's really important to have the flow feel natural and that means sometimes, you can put more content in there as needed to make the conversation feel like a conversation. I'll try to give you some examples when it's not 2:18 AM over here, hehe, if you're interested.

I also feel that some of your plot points could have been stretched out further. What comes to my mind is the relationship between Frank and Camryn. It was great that Camryn called Frank out for his attitude, but I think if you allowed it to breathe a bit more, it would have gotten a bigger payoff. Same goes for Roc's reason for wanting to evolve.

It's still your story at the end of the day, though, but I think this could help it be better!
Posted Image
art by AgentNein

Current Team | 21 - Occult Precipitation

Posted ImageTo view my Completed Runs, feel free to visit The Insectarium.Posted Image

❤ Heather ❤
Member Avatar
Me Writing A Character
Replies

Sorry for the wait, all! 202 wasn't the only thing kicking my ass, but I managed to pull through and get the grades I needed to keep on my major and my scholarship, so that's great! Would have gotten this out sooner but another summer of McDonald's work is draining and uuuuurgh save me plz ;w;

Without further ado!

Storm

Team Camryn

Posted Image
thing do

mint0h
No Avatar

Let Boreas Fight.

Man, Derek is a jerk in that scene. I honestly don't think Rock Smash has much use still, especially since Z-No removed the Sevii Isles.

Marigold is becoming the kickass Princess we all wanted her to be, literally!

I noticed you put Misty on hold for now, with your current levels you can easily storm in if you wanted. Though I guess a little bit more training wouldn't hurt.

Furret is annoying in this game because it has Fur Coat, and the fact that the Rival's variant will do whatever to stay alive like using Charm.

Geez Roo, how many fights are you planning to steal?

I'm glad this is back, take your time with the updates still.
I've been planning to start an FRA run myself, but that's for later...
Current Runs

Posted Image

❤ Heather ❤
Member Avatar
Me Writing A Character
Hey all! Sorry to keep you waiting on this, but I had a rough start to the year: I took a class that has me in way over my head, and between that and emerging considerations of changing my major, I had to let this step aside for a bit. I'm not sure when the next part will be-let's hope it's before Christmas?

Mint: When I was starting to write this update, Boreas getting to fight wasn’t gonna be a problem. Then...well, I’ll let you read all about it. Marigold is indeed very much a kickass, and I love her for it. As for Misty...Believe it or not, we're not at the levels I took her on in my old run juuust yet, and I believe I only went 3 levels above the recommended level there. With some of the tricks FRA GLs pack, and not having Dry Skin Helioptile to cheese with in this run, we're going to need to be careful. FRA Furret is honestly what I wish canon Furret was. Furret's design is too cool for its stats to just shaft it like they do now.

Without further ado!

Lingering Clouds

Team Camryn

Edited by Heather, Oct 19 2017, 09:52 PM.
Posted Image
thing do

War Anvil
Member Avatar
'CUZ I'VE BEEN UP AGAINST BETTER
PORYGON! WOO-OO!

Hey, whaddya think of the recent DuckTales reboot, if you've seen it yet?
The Festival of the Gamest in the Land! (1 badge)
Posted ImageATLANTA! Posted ImageShenzi Posted ImageWriggle Posted ImageAstrid Posted ImageRose Posted ImageTrollwind

3DS FC: 2208-4585-5395

Miki-chan13
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Just finished reading this- I'm intrigued to see what will happen next :)
Posted Image[/spoiler]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Screenshot and Written Log Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply