Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Happy Lunar New Year! The feature team has a few gifts for you!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WESTWARD - a collaborative Nuzlocke run; Part 26 | 02.21.18
Topic Started: Oct 1 2017, 07:09 AM (5,568 Views)
Posted ImageShiny DustoxPosted Image
Member Avatar
the last ace in a lost hand

Posted Image
But it's still here, falling for forever / and it's still here, holding me inside...

Hello readers, and welcome to Westward, the community's first official collaborative Nuzlocke run! This project, run by the feature team, brings together the abilities of several talented comic artists, storylocke writers, and screenshot writers to make a single, unique run - an unforgettable experience for everyone!

Regular updates will be posted every Monday and Thursday - exceptions come around collaborative updates, which will be the only updates posted for the week they fall on.

Final List of Westward Participants

Rules

Table of Contents
Edited by Bullet, Feb 21 2018, 12:36 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
MissMarquise
Member Avatar
"n-nani?!"
amelia middlename westwood, did you name your pokemon after a goshdang swimming anime???

(also nice job minding that character limit, jimmy :P, the extra screenshots you had to go digging up were definitely worth it anyways)
Posted Image
△▼△▼△▼ {I write that! ^^^} ▼△▼△▼△
(rip the meme comic)

🌏 Natsu 🌏
Member Avatar
Xurkitree is my boi.

Oh my god Jimcloud, now I'm confused entirely about the state of the Nuzlocke.

poor amelia - what is wrong with her mum sending a kid who doesn't know anything into the wild this is too memey for this. one right heartless bastard aye she is.

My Current Runs!
I've become even more crazy.

Posted Image
I've Been Kaizoed:A Kaizo Trilocke.

A run with only Alolan Formes.
No banner yet!
Generic Drift : A Sun Alolalocke

My hake: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/11040789/

ON HIATUS

Other Shit.

DistortionLocke
Member Avatar
The Introverted Pokedexer
Someone please save this child!
Posted Image

"Crown 3" by mjtmail (tiggy) is licensed under CC BY 4.0/Text added onto original photo

❤ Heather ❤
Member Avatar
Me Writing A Character
Pardon me I'm just going to go slap some sense into Amelia's mom because NO YOU DO NOT DO THAT TO YOUR KID

All that aside, fantastic content so far. Keep it up!
Edited by Heather, Oct 15 2017, 12:08 PM.
Posted Image
In Soviet NatPark, I'm a fish!
thing do

Member Avatar

Hey, everyone! First of, thank you all again for the comments! I really do apologize for the delay in posting parts 3 and 4. There were some real life snafus that needed to be addressed before this could go live. However, that's all dealt with, so you can enjoy two updates today. We’ll also be moving the next update to Saturday, so y’all have enough time to read these two. But don’t worry, next week, we’ll resume our normal schedule.

Just to address something in the comments, no one fainted or died in the Jackson fight in game. But the decision for the story was for Amelia to lose to Jackson to highlight her rookie experience against Jackson's battling skills. Don't worry, Amelia and her team are all alive and kicking! For now...

Anyway, enjoy!

Part 3 (Revenant)

Part 4 (Vent)

SeaMaid
Member Avatar
The one who latches on to obscure characters

Brock looks like a cleanshaven Bob Ross I l ov e hi m

Living on a prayer is a classic yes, it fits here too

... hm, we're already going on to Mt. Moon? no more talk with that fine man?

And that's how we're depicting the catch oh my god :DDD

moist is one of the few words I want to write in a funky accent, but there are literally no ways to make it look sillier in text. help.
edit: WAIT WAIT WAIT

I GOT IT

MÖÏST

as for the ending...
... ;_;
Edited by SeaMaid, Oct 18 2017, 09:14 AM.
Since I rotate my avatars and don't want to remake my sig a billion times, have a collective list of sources in order.
Music Thread | SoundCloud | WritScrib

Want a storylocke of a "soul-crushing" hake along with that hobbyist music? This one's gonna come back someday I swear:
Posted Image

I'm also responsible for the one and only HarvestCraft run on these forums if you want a chill experience.
(that one's on semi-official hiatus though, sorry;;)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CarrotChipper
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Custom Avatars

participants can comment too right?

but yeah this is my first time reading either update and aaaaaaaaaa theyre both so perfect <3

first of all thank christ rev did a musical update, westward would not have been complete without one of revs famous musical updates. the fight was so dynamic-looking and klay and kareem were so fluffy-looking and brock was so hot-looking...the whole thing was really great.

as for vents update I kinda forgot what was suppose to go down in this section and I am SHOOK. magic's introduction was so much funnier than I could imagine (top ten stupidest things: #10-1, this) and that goddamn raticate was so much scarier than I could imagine! theres so much body horror in that fight, what with the teeth and the neck...yeesh ;^;

whats gonna happen next?!
Posted Image
Summer Blues ----- For Victory! ----- RAINBOW COLLECTION
Because everyone has one of these

Greener223224
Member Avatar
Nice update. Loving the story so far.

Hey, I just realized something. Since the story is freely taking a bunch of liberties with FRLG’s scenario, does that mean there could be OCs added into the story? That could be worth a try.
This post doesn't actually exist. You're really just dreaming.

Vent
Member Avatar
lets do the odyssey~

Greener223224
Oct 19 2017, 09:06 PM
Nice update. Loving the story so far.

Hey, I just realized something. Since the story is freely taking a bunch of liberties with FRLG’s scenario, does that mean there could be OCs added into the story? That could be worth a try.

thanks for reading so far! it took a lot of time and effort to put all of this together

to answer the question; there aren't any OCs added to this story and this is essentially completed already behind the scenes and whatnot.
Edited by Vent, Oct 20 2017, 06:24 PM.
Posted Image
Updated 1/14/18! Banner by Rainey! Placed second for Most Improved, placed third for Best Supporting Character (Aile), and nominated for Best Protagonist (Burris) for Written Runs in the 2017 Extravaganza!

Posted Image
A Black storylocke! Updated 2/16/18! Banner by Dusty!

Member Avatar

CarrotChipper

whats gonna happen next?!
Read on to find out! :D

Anyway, thanks for waiting! Here's the next update!

Part 5 (Emilianite)

🌏 Natsu 🌏
Member Avatar
Xurkitree is my boi.

Crap, I missed the previous update - so heres one for everybody!

@Update 3 - Revenant, your style of drawing is incredibly realistic and the song was really appropriate! stupid player no vine whip spam here or what

@Update 4 - Crash landing Clefairy - Magic's introduction is the best character intro I have seen so far - Magic has literally fallen out of the sky - Aasmaan Se Gira Khajoor Mein Atka, this proverb in hindi is rather appropriate, as Magic is now a part of rookie and unstable team lol - and the run ending raticate took another life.

@Update 5 - WOAH BULLET CAUGHT AN ABRA CONGRATS and that was a very condensed update though - captures and gym battle, but Amelia is getting confident and I liek that.
My Current Runs!
I've become even more crazy.

Posted Image
I've Been Kaizoed:A Kaizo Trilocke.

A run with only Alolan Formes.
No banner yet!
Generic Drift : A Sun Alolalocke

My hake: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/11040789/

ON HIATUS

Other Shit.

Sir Cottonee
Member Avatar
and i say go go GO
AAAAAAAAA I'm loving this! Collaborative nuzlockes are always a ton of fun and WESTWARD ramps it up to the extreme. I kinda sorta wished I knew about this earlier so I could've signed up but I'm pretty awful with schedules/deadlines as is. Based on how this reads I'm assuming everybody follows a rubric (e.g. Amelia = anxious newb, Leslie = enthusiastic nerd) and are prompted with "sections" of the story, like how 1.2's about getting Bulbasaur and 1.3's the first rival battle. It's a little weird when things go from silly to serious out of nowhere between different authors - like when a goofy Moltres going "SCRAAAH!" and dropping fireballs becomes a traumatic event it's a little hard to take it seriously - this type of run is gonna be a little more lighthearted by nature. Sometimes it feels like I'm jumping between parallel universes and that's kind of amazing.

Also, I really like Magic. Clefairy is a special angel and with all the hardships/arguing the team's been going through it's refreshing to see a happy-go-lucky character. :fairytype: I guess she'll have to do now that my formerly favourite character's been disposed of.

I'll try to keep up with this. Great work, everyone! :krn:

EDIT: Oh, they have an Abra now. And I guess he'll be my new new favourite. Damn, this is going by fast.
Edited by Sir Cottonee, Oct 22 2017, 09:33 PM.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

recent updates: (02/20/2018) Chapter 1 of Good Boy Hunting is out! Kal bros it up with his not-a-dog.
______________(12/11/2017) Chapter 1.5 of STATIC is out! The gang explores a store and the unbearable lightness of sitting. It's great.
______________(10/10/2017) Chapter 1 of It's No Evolution, Baby! is out. It's the age of Hoenn.

successful runs
dead runs
extras

MissMarquise
Member Avatar
"n-nani?!"
a round of applause all around!

Steven's such a cutie, like lookit at his fluffy face!

(i dont really have a lot of insightful stuff to say about all this other than the collaboration is fun to watch happen all blend together)
Posted Image
△▼△▼△▼ {I write that! ^^^} ▼△▼△▼△
(rip the meme comic)

Member Avatar

There's definitely a different approach between authors per part. We did have most of the essential character qualities hammered out before we started working, and the in-game notes for us to incorporate as well. But yeah, each author has their distinct style, and I think that's what makes Westward a very dynamic -and fun- project to read. And we're very happy you all think so as well!

Anyway, I know it's just been a day-ish since the last update but we're going back to the regular update, which means another update coming at you!

Part 6 (Plain Yogurt)

Member Avatar

Before we get on with the update, I actually wanted to talk about something concerning the project. If you're going to orchestrate a huge community project like this, there's definitely going to be some issues. One of the issues that we encountered, which was a big reason for the delay, was a lot of people who had to leave the project for one reason or another. So I'd just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the people who boldly stepped in to help fill the holes. Without you, this project may not have been completed. <3

With that, here's another individual update from the screenshot czar, GoGoGogoat!

Part 7 (GoGoGogoat)

SeaMaid
Member Avatar
The one who latches on to obscure characters

thanks for trading holmes away guys, I always liked that option the best!

jesus though, Christina. Don't except to be instantly forgiven even if you do survive (I 90% believe she will simply because it does seem like she's about to die, y'know, the good old reverse psychology)...

Poor Magic though ;_;

On a more positive note, Steven! Mischievous psychics are the best and I still like him lots.
Since I rotate my avatars and don't want to remake my sig a billion times, have a collective list of sources in order.
Music Thread | SoundCloud | WritScrib

Want a storylocke of a "soul-crushing" hake along with that hobbyist music? This one's gonna come back someday I swear:
Posted Image

I'm also responsible for the one and only HarvestCraft run on these forums if you want a chill experience.
(that one's on semi-official hiatus though, sorry;;)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

People who participate in this project are allowed to comment, right

So I mostly kept away from the screenshot and comic updates so many of the last few have been such pleasant surprises! I really like the effort everyone's been putting in so far~
Posted Image Yellow Days, Yellow Nights--An event run of Platinum for the Year of the Dog! Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

Member Avatar

Thanks again for all the comments! Here's the next part!

Part 8 (Rainey)

Member Avatar

Westward continues with another screenshot update, this time from QuietGuardian!

Part 9 (QuietGuardian)

Member Avatar

Another Westward comic update, from Degree this time!

Part 10 (Degree)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fan Challenge Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply