Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Avid run-watchers amazed by new finds from experts in the field.
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the PokÚmon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[INCOMPLETE]This is Not a Manual [mature]; [6] Good enough usually isn't good enough. || Updates daily (hopefully).
Topic Started: Nov 2 2017, 02:35 AM (653 Views)
Posted ImageClockensteinPosted Image
Member Avatar
you can see my soul from here

Hi! This is a companion piece to my current project, Silicon Lines. Spoilers for that run will hopefully be minimal (if you're here from there), and I intend to write this with very little reference to it apart from this run's central narrator, in the hope that I might be able to turn it into an independently viable work someday. If you're here and haven't checked the run itself out, I'll also take this opportunity to plug it because it's just part and parcel of the experience. I'm also writing this for NaNo because I figured a rambly jerk who some people have aptly described as "giving zero fucks while listing all the fucks he gives" is a perfect narrative voice for dumping words onto a page.

If all goes well (it never ever does) this will update daily and I'll win NaNo. That being said, I present to you the memoirs of one Rowan A. Hawthorne, published in the year 2093. Actually, wait, no, forewords first. Note that this run is rated mature for profanity and general offense. You are warned, especially, that the narrator is, unapologetically, politically incorrect.

Notes on the design of this compiler

Contents

(1) Foreword

actual author's note
Posted Image

credits: avatar - hunghang flashbacks || silicon lines by shiny dustox || anomaly & paradox drive by rainey

current projects: silicon lines || anomaly || paradox drive || overdone cardboard

previous runs
Gertrude Stein

There can be automatic movements, but not automatic writing. Writing for the normal person is too complicated an activity to be indulged in automatically.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DistortionLocke
Member Avatar
The Introverted Pokedexer
Very interestingŚand hilarious!Śso far!
Posted Image
"Sandanbeki Rock Cliff -1 (June 2018)" by Tetsuhiro Terada is licensed under CC BY 4.0/Text added onto original photo

DISCONTINUED RUNS

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

🌠 Ai-chan 🌠
Member Avatar
That moment when you can't take it anymore
This is just amazing! It's really humorous and overall very entertaining!

Also:

Quote:

5. Go fuck yourselves (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I lol'd at this
Posted Image
~You see an odd van. You decide to inspect it.~

Questioning My Sanity Is (Completely) Normal now
In which there is a lot of craziness. (Part 4 up 10/30/17!)

other runs which update way less often (includes link to teams)

Other Stuff

important link

GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ahri
Member Avatar
Needs to Git Gud
Quote:

This isn't another book about programming.

oh, you got me there

The way you write and the amounts of fucks make me feel like I've read this somewhere (in a good way!). Really enjoy how it's going so far lol. Good luck on NaNo!
Posted Image
pokemon bullshit 2x
or pokemon black 2 randomized if youre normal

Member Avatar

Oh shit, comments. Thanks, you're cool peeps. :)

(2) This Part Is For The Film Adaptation (You Can Skip It If You're Not A Director)

author's note
Posted Image

credits: avatar - hunghang flashbacks || silicon lines by shiny dustox || anomaly & paradox drive by rainey

current projects: silicon lines || anomaly || paradox drive || overdone cardboard

previous runs
Gertrude Stein

There can be automatic movements, but not automatic writing. Writing for the normal person is too complicated an activity to be indulged in automatically.

bravenheart
Member Avatar

I don't know if I have read Silicon lines at some point or not (I don't think so?), but this run very much makes me want to, if only so that this experience is enhanced. I consider sarcastic, grouchy narrators something of a guilty pleasure for reading, so this one has thus far been fantastic. The latest chapter vaguely reminds me of an author rant I once read regarding movie directors, honestly, and fits that fed up attitude perfectly. I'm terribly curious as to the future of this, and will definitely be looking into Silicon Lines...just have a long list of intimidatingly long things to read up on. Will definitely endeavor to though. Shill away, in my opinion.
Posted Image

Completed Story/Nuzlockes & Stuff

🌠 Ai-chan 🌠
Member Avatar
That moment when you can't take it anymore
Clockenstein
Nov 2 2017, 06:49 PM
Why Computers Are So Powerful, And Why Hackers Want To Be Able To Control Them

• The modern computer is really just a dumb brick we put electricity in
  • Electricity is stupidly powerful -- you think I'm fucking joking? Listen: on a global scale, the human race used electricity at a rate of 1013 watts in 1990 (pardon the age of the statistic, but we are in a stage where global bottlenecks allow us to approximate this number quite well anyway), and the peak power of a lightning strike is about 1012 watts. The total energy of a thunderstorm can probably power continental Europe and then some of the Middle East and Africa for half an hour -- so the human race has to regulate and weaken and reduce the use of electricity so it doesn't overwhelm us and ionize the air and set us on fire when we use it
  • How long does it take you to add up 65,536 + 549,755,813,888 + 17,179,869,184? (These are all powers of 2, not random numbers.) This calculation is going to take you a minute AT LEAST if you are not a savant, don't deny it -- meanwhile, as a beginner program, I set up a computer to do a calculation something like that, and then timed how long it took, and the computer spit out a value called ".INF". You want to know what .INF means? Infinitely small. That's right -- the computer takes an infinitely small amount of time to do a calculation like that, to the point that it produces a display error known as underflow, and you have to do a lot of psuedo-mystical I/O manipulation to get it to display as a proper number
  • This is just 1 (one) (uno) (ein) (une) personal computer, and it sure as hell doesn't use watts on the order of gigawatts like several continents do at once
  • Therefore, with very limited electric input, a computer can do in (to us) incomprehensible intervals something that takes us an amount of time a computer can't comprehend without suffering an overflow error
  • Therefore if you control a computer you become limited only by how slow you can think of how a computer can solve it

Why 3-Year Old Rowan Hawthorne Became Enamored With Hacking

• I was three years old
  • It looked and sounded really cool
  • The computer made a lot of pretty lights and sounds
  • There is a lot of stuff (I won't call it mumbo-jumbo, it is a legitimate fact of juvenile psychology) about three-year olds and early-stage human beings being easily influenced and malleable to concepts, whether exciting or not (it just so happened that my parents also happened to be really excited about showing it to their son, but that was just a bonus)
  • To make the previous point short -- dude, I was a fucking kid
This part. This part right here. This is probably my favorite part of the entire chapter! :3:

though a 3-year-old probably should not be allowed to hake anything

Also, I don't believe I ever read Silicon Lines, but I should probably check it out soon.
Posted Image
~You see an odd van. You decide to inspect it.~

Questioning My Sanity Is (Completely) Normal now
In which there is a lot of craziness. (Part 4 up 10/30/17!)

other runs which update way less often (includes link to teams)

Other Stuff

important link

GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Member Avatar

general reply: honestly I'd be more worried if this is becoming the central experience rather than the sideshow... oh well.

(3) The Dangling Carrot Problem

author's note
Edited by Clockenstein, Nov 6 2017, 10:03 PM.
Posted Image

previous runs
Gertrude Stein

Member Avatar

(4) HR People Are Hired For Logistics, and Not Even They Like Logistics

note
Posted Image

previous runs
Gertrude Stein

Member Avatar

(5) The Rules of Skipping Ahead a Bit

note
Posted Image

previous runs
Gertrude Stein

Member Avatar

(6) Arts and Crafts and Decoration

owo
Edited by Clockenstein, Nov 6 2017, 02:05 AM.
Posted Image

previous runs
Gertrude Stein

Member Avatar

[AUTOMATED] This topic has been moved to the Incomplete Written Story Runs section, as requested by the original poster.
Posted Image

previous runs
Gertrude Stein

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Incomplete Written Story Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply