Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
It's, uh, not a... bug. It's... a featurette.
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Agency; The one Festival Plaza activity that is worth doing
Topic Started: Dec 7 2017, 01:48 PM (323 Views)
Angel
Member Avatar
Coordinate & Devastate
Will post a banner here soon.

Welcome to the Battle Agency thread! Here, you and other forumgoers can congregate to discuss anything related to the newest addition to the widely beloved Festival Plaza. Unlike other facilities, you do not get awarded Battle Points but instead the currency used to purchase goods and services within the Plaza ranging from level-up dishes to dyes for clothing. You also don't have to go through the arduous task of spending days or weeks breeding and training up mons because it's all provided to you. If you are piqued, I will go into necessary details involving the Agency down the thread.

What should you expect
Upon completing the Trial on Mount Hokulani, you will be whisked off to Festival Plaza by Sophocles and be given access to the Agency before being sent back to continue the plot. If you do return, either out of free will or because of a certain plot that isn't going to be mentioned, here is a few things in mind:

Essentials

Will add more to the list as I refine this thread.

What are the benefits?

The Battle Agency, if given enough care and investment, is a very efficient means of amassing a lot of FC that would normally be difficult to obtain otherwise. Even if you are defeated in middle of a round, you get some FC as a consolation prize. If you do win, the payouts are quite massive. For example, defeating the first round at Grade 0 will earn you 200 FC and the earnings increase by 15 with each rank up, culminating in a massive 935 FC per Round won at Grade 50! That's more than enough to jump 3 wholes ranks in a Plaza past Rank 100! To make it even sweeter, the FC payout is affected by the Fortune Telling Tent boosts if they are applied that day. In addition to acquiring FC to use in facilities, you will earn Rare Candies when ranking up as well as Gold Bottle Caps for each milestone. Can't disagree with those free goodies!

Also, you get a sweet pair of shades after achieving Grade 30 as depicted in the art above. If you're a fashion hound in need of good eyewear, it's another perk to tack on!

Finding allies

This was essentially the main purpose of this thread. While there is another thread in place for sharing Friend Codes, this thread is here to help others share codes for the sole purpose of having extra ammunition for the Agency. As I stated before, the Pokemon you have selected is the one you offer to others over the Plaza globally, and it only updates when both you and the others using your NPC as a VIP are online simultaneously. This also means they are free to abuse your rental mons for as long as they wish until the next time both of you are online together, but be warned their mons will be deactivated for use after a few days if they aren't online with you to refresh. As long as they don't rank up or switch selections, their strong mons will be available indefinitely!

Google Doc.

I should have most of the basics covered. Feel free to discuss!

NBL Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tix-D
Member Avatar
Hero of Breath
Grade 15 and I'm liking the battle agency so far, though you have to have online allies to get through after about Grade 10 since the generic allies just don't have enough stats to keep up.

The traditional battle facility RNG hax seems to be intact too. I've had a battle where the enemy had 3 Fire types possibly to counter the Specs Contrary Leaf Storm Serperior from a VIP, and I lost a fight when a Slowbro kept proccing Quick Claw Flamethrowers in sun to rip through my team. I suppose it's much more forgiving than other facilities since you can't actually rank down.
Edited by Tix-D, Dec 10 2017, 09:02 AM.
An Actual Run

GPXPlus

Undocumented Lost Forever Archive Of Emerald Nuzlocke

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon · Next Topic »
Add Reply