Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Featurettes are back!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
These are Not Pocket Monsters: An "Egglocke" of Monster Hunter Stories; Don't talk to me or my Monsties ever again - Update Dec 29: Part 2
Topic Started: Dec 20 2017, 02:17 AM (537 Views)
Erberor
Member Avatar
The Feelstabber

Alright, time to start a Nuz-

This here isn't Pokemon, is it?

Posted Image

Nope, definitely not a Pokemons

Posted Image

After all, does Pokemon have DINOSAURS?

...alright, fine, BUT DOES IT HAVE DINOSAURS THIS BEAUTIFUL

I SHOULD THINK NOT.

THIS IS MONSTER HUNTER, BABY.

Posted Image

Today we lay witness to an exercise in how far one can contrive something to be a nuzlocke, as I stretch the rules to apply them to one of my favorite games this year, Monster Hunter Stories, or as you could arguably call it, Monster Hunter Pokemon, a game about raising and befriending an eclectic collection of murderous monsters and turning them into your personal elite guard to beat down anything before you.

To those of you unfamiliar with Monster Hunter, it is at surface level extremely simple - you hunt monsters - it's just that there are a stupidly massive number of layers of complexity, weirdness, and complex weirdness beneath that. I'll get into some of that weirdness as we progress, but for the time being, what you need to know is that Stories is a spinoff of the main series of the real time action games, and is of surprising quality.

Now, let's get into the rules, shall we?

Da Rules

Now, we begin.

Table of Contents

Part 1: The Joys of Parenthood
Edited by Erberor, Dec 29 2017, 05:46 PM.
Posted Image
Updated 12/22/17: Chapter 1 Rewrite
Posted Image
The Kindred, corrupted fragments of humanity's legacy, must fight if they wish to inherit their broken world.
5/13/18 - Part 8: The Second Emblem

These are not Pocket Monsters: An "Egglocke" of Monster Hunter StoriesCome and lay witness to my attempts to stretch the nuzlocke rules to apply to a game they were never meant to.
"If we can't learn from a world that is 'fake', how can we hope to learn from one that is real?" -paraphrased from the words of Jacob, an old friend and the one who sparked my love of creation
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☂️ Sora the Blue man ☂️
Member Avatar
The Hanged Thief,Diath Woodrow
Oh my god,I'm currently playing this game,I'm playing it regularly and thats exactly how I felt when Ratha was knocked off the mountain and man,this game is so good,Good Luck,you got a viewer in me
Oh my god,I'm currently playing this game,I'm playing it regularly and thats exactly how I felt when Ratha was knocked off the mountain and man,this game is so good,Good Luck,you got a viewer in me
Edited by Sora the Blue man, Dec 20 2017, 08:29 AM.
[/center]
REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE

ZHODY
Member Avatar
Your Shy Neighborhood Mistake Correct-er
That was such a sad watch. Will definitely keep reading (as long as you put updates on the discord anyway, haha)
1) All my Challenge Shots for My Undocumented Nuzlockes and other -locke varieties
2) Link to my WonderWedlocke on Tumblr
3) From Animal Crossing to Pokemon: A Robot's Same-Sex Wedlocke Adventure in PKMN Moon!

Inactive Runs (Screenshot & Story)
Failed Run
Completed Runs

Erberor
Member Avatar
The Feelstabber

Replies! Hurrah!

Part 2: An Unwanted Guest
Edited by Erberor, Dec 29 2017, 10:36 PM.
Posted Image
Updated 12/22/17: Chapter 1 Rewrite
Posted Image
The Kindred, corrupted fragments of humanity's legacy, must fight if they wish to inherit their broken world.
5/13/18 - Part 8: The Second Emblem

These are not Pocket Monsters: An "Egglocke" of Monster Hunter StoriesCome and lay witness to my attempts to stretch the nuzlocke rules to apply to a game they were never meant to.
"If we can't learn from a world that is 'fake', how can we hope to learn from one that is real?" -paraphrased from the words of Jacob, an old friend and the one who sparked my love of creation

☂️ Sora the Blue man ☂️
Member Avatar
The Hanged Thief,Diath Woodrow
Yes,everything is going well and dang,that hat though,good luck with your Velocidrome
[/center]
REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Other Adventures · Next Topic »
Add Reply