Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Sit down for some tea, and the featurers will find a run that's a match for you!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gotta Imprism 'Em All! A World of Final Fantasy OA
Topic Started: Jan 8 2018, 02:12 PM (705 Views)
akapolarbear
Member Avatar
just a literal polar bear
Posted Image
Posted Image

I mean, I wasn't exactly subtle with what my next run was gonna be, guys.

Yeah, so, hey, everybody, Polar Bear here, back for more Final Fantasy enjoyment! For those who don't know, in 2017, I did a year-long written log of Omega Ruby in which the naming theme was Final Fantasy locations, as a way to celebrate Final Fantasy's 30th anniversary. When the run ended, I promised more Final Fantasy based runs in the future and, well...here we are! Welcome to "Gotta Imprism 'Em All! A World of Final Fantasy OA".

Posted Image

Before I get too deep into the premise of what this run is or what it's all about, lemme lay down some background info for those who aren't familiar with the game. World of Final Fantasy was released in 2016 and can basically be described as, "What if classic turn-based Final Fantasy met Pokemon?" Throughout the game, you can find and capture staple monsters of the Final Fantasy series and then battle alongside them. As they battle and grow, you'll also have the chance "evolve" them into bigger and stronger forms. Yeah, this is all sounding very familiar, right? I told you, it's basically Final Fantasy meets Pokemon.

As for this run, it's going to be a bit of a challenge run. Nothing Nuzlocke-esque, because I still haven't worked out how to do something like that in World of Final Fantasy yet, but as the title implies, this is going to be a "Gotta Catch 'Em All" run where I will be obtaining every Mirage (that's what the monsters are called) in game.

Now, for the rules and guidelines of the run.

Rules and Guidelines!

Table of Contents
Edited by akapolarbear, Mar 28 2018, 02:37 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Polar Bear's Final Fantasy World Tour OmegaRuby Nuzlocke (Written Log) (COMPLETED!)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

akapolarbear
Member Avatar
Let's get this started!

Part One: This Game is Cute
Posted ImagePosted Image
Polar Bear's Final Fantasy World Tour OmegaRuby Nuzlocke (Written Log) (COMPLETED!)

akapolarbear
Member Avatar
Okay, so my goal with this run is to get at least one update out every month. So far, so good. Here's hoping I don't slip up.

Part Two: Obligatory Tutorial Episode
Edited by akapolarbear, Feb 5 2018, 02:56 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Trollkitten
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Tama reminds me of a Pachirisu for some reason. Probably the white and the big floofy tail.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. It's an interesting-looking game premise, and I want to find out what The Brother and The Sister learn on their journey.
Pokemon Burst: Blue Moon -- UPDATES TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS
Omega Wonder: an Omega Ruby Wonderlocke -- COMPLETED

akapolarbear
Member Avatar
Replies!

*crashes in with a brand new update*

Guess who's still technically on par for monthly updates? That's right, it's this guy!

Part Three: He Has Arrived
Posted ImagePosted Image

akapolarbear
Member Avatar
Hey, so, some of you might have noticed that we missed the April update. And similarly, this...is not an update. Well, there's a good reason for that, so this is an update on the status of this run.

"Gotta Imprism 'Em All!" is going on hiatus for a few months. My Playstation 4 has recently broken: the Bluetooth connection has malfunctioned, so I can't connect my controllers to it, and no controllers render the PS4 unusable. Yeah, remember that joke about how my Dualshock randomly disconnected on me back in Part 2? Turns out that was foreshadowing!

Now, I'm hoping to get the PS4 fixed for my birthday, but that isn't until the end of June, so the next update probably won't be out until July. So...sorry for the technical issues, I'm working on getting the money for repairs, and hopefully I'll see you all in July for a fresh new "Gotta Imprism 'Em All!" update! See you guys then.
Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Other Adventures · Next Topic »
Add Reply