Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Featurettes are back!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Happy Star Wars day!! Who's your favorite character so far?
Luke Ninjaskywalker 0 (0%)
Frog Princess Leia (Croagunk) 1 (33.3%)
Loudred Han Solo 1 (33.3%)
Houndoom Chewbacca 0 (0%)
Bronzor R2D2 0 (0%)
Mankey C3PO 0 (0%)
Azumarill Obi Wan 0 (0%)
Fearow Darth Vader 1 (33.3%)
Other 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 3
Heroes of Space- A Star Wars Castlocke; A randomized playthrough of Pearl with some familiar faces! (Episode IX up 5/16/18)
Topic Started: Jan 15 2018, 04:02 PM (2,721 Views)
☂️ Spectacles ☂️
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Hey everyone! I came up with the idea of a Castlocke a while back and I've had a lot of fun with it, so I figured this ruleset would be great for my first posted run! Before I continue, I'll explain the basic rules of a Castlocke.

Basic Castlocke Rules

Some warnings before I begin: this is going to be a very casual run that might include some light story and maybe some character dialogue, but it's mainly going to focus on the basic gameplay of the run. I also have no intention of keeping any kind of continuity with the plot of the movies, since this is a Nuzlocke after all and there's no telling what will happen. I'm starting my "headcannon" for this story with the basic plot of a girl named Spectacles (Specs for short) starting her Pokemon journey and discovering that her Pokemon are actually the characters of Star Wars who have been thrown into the Pokemon world by the evil Darth Sidious's Force powers.

So, without further ado, here's the cast:

The Cast

Events happen after each gym badge if there have been no deaths since the last gym, and are chosen randomly. A character's event can only happen while they are active on the team.

In addition to the Castlocke rules, here are the regular Nuzlocke rules that are also in play here:

Additional Rules

Finally, I included some information on the randomized aspects of the run:

Randomization Information (for those who are interested)

And at last, here's the run:

Heroes of Space

And holy smokes, a fan art section!
Fan Art!
Edited by Spectacles, May 16 2018, 05:08 PM.
Banner by the amazing Shiny Dustox!
Posted Image
A Castlocke featuring the characters of Star Wars, who have been turned into Pokemon. Their coping skills vary.

Ever wanted to turn your favorite show, book, or movie into a Nuzlocke?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nuzthemonkey
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
I am extremely excited for this! You can tell cause I'm posting before the first update! :V: I was a fan of your Castlocke rule ever since you posted it in the Ruleset Discussion. I might try one of my own with Mario characters. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. pick chimchar and name him han solo plz

EDIT: wait are starters randomized too lol
Edited by nuzthemonkey, Jan 15 2018, 04:21 PM.
Posted Image[/url] Posted Image

Undocumented Completed Nuzlockes

☂️ Sora the Blue man ☂️
Member Avatar
The Hanged Thief,Diath Woodrow
Ooh,I'm interested by this,I'll be keeping an eye on this
[/center]
REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE

☂️ Spectacles ☂️
Member Avatar
Replies already, holy cow guys!!

Episode I (no not THAT Episode I, just open it)

Edited by Spectacles, Jan 15 2018, 07:12 PM.
Posted Image
A Castlocke featuring the characters of Star Wars, who have been turned into Pokemon. Their coping skills vary.

☂️ Sora the Blue man ☂️
Member Avatar
I like this,and thanks,I like this run,and the smell storytelling makes me smile,and a tiny Whismur Han Solo with his gun,yes please
[/center]
REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE

☂️ Uberle ☂️
Member Avatar
Locke Maker
This ruleset is amazing.

Also when I saw you named the rival Lucus I wondered how long it would be until you realized you may have dun goofed.
Didn't take too long.
Not a locke, but still worth checking out
Posted Image
Current Run
Posted Image
Stuck with the default avatar? I can help.
Posted Image

Successful Runs

☂️ RubyClaw ☂️
Member Avatar
Challenge seeker
Woohoo! I've been waiting for this run for a long time. I can't wait to see a Castlocke in action.

Looking great Spec, the team is really gathering up. I think you got the best possible combination of characters so far. Luke is problematic early on anyway, and Leia is nice with Han, but not crucial. Like Sora said, Whismur Han sounds just awesome.

Good luck!
Posted ImagePosted Image

My quest to Nuzlocke every game - Come see my Hall of Fame!
Generation 1: Blue, Yellow
Generation 2: Gold, Silver, Crystal
Generation 3: Ruby, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed
Generation 4: Diamond, Pearl, SoulSilver
Generation 5: Black Black 2
Generation 6: X

Completed Recorded Runs

River Aboard
Member Avatar
This is such an interesting rule set! The little stage directions, such as the moments when you give a certain character a background story, remind me a lot of other runs of this kind (like, for the sake of an example, Dungeons & Dragonites). However, this still feels like an universe of its own, and it's very well done.

I must say, just like the previous commenters appreciated, that having Han Solo as a Whismur is great. It's hilarious, somehow, but also ironic.
Here is my currently only ongoing run.

nuzthemonkey
Member Avatar
Yes. YES. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I knew there would be quality jokes in this but personalities for individual pokemon too! Thank you for this. Also just a thought, maybe you could give the individual mons their own color, so we know who is talking. I don't know, it's just a nitpick of mine, with other runs I read using that methodology. Your choice though, because I don't care too much, as long as you keep uploading high-quality content.

Posted ImageShiny DustoxPosted Image
Member Avatar
cause you feel like paradise
Ooh, this is interesting! I'm mostly neutral with Star Wars, but your ruleset does look fun and I think this is the first time I've seen a castlocke. I do just have one concern; you mentioned in your rules that reaching the League is a checkpoint for reviving dead characters. Does that mean reviving fainted mons? Cause that's definitely a no-no for a Nuzlocke run.

But yeah, good luck with the run!
Posted Image
art by AgentNein

Current Team | 22 - Piercing Point

Posted ImageTo view my Completed Runs, feel free to visit The Insectarium.Posted Image

☂️ Spectacles ☂️
Member Avatar
Hey guys, Episode II coming right up! But first, I wanted to say a big thank you to my friend RubyClaw for helping me so much on these forums. He taught me how to take screenshots and post them, and helped me choose which fictional universe to use for my first posted Castlocke, and helped me brainstorm while I was coming up with the rules. He and Sora the Blue man are doing a really intense Cagelocke right now, and I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already!

Replies

Episode II
Edited by Spectacles, Jan 18 2018, 10:27 PM.
Posted Image

☂️ Sora the Blue man ☂️
Member Avatar
Chewie will be back soon enough if you beat the gym,and you have a full team now,that's cool and that's rare?Wow,I'm enjoying this so I hope it all goes well
[/center]
REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE

River Aboard
Member Avatar
Oh, darn! It's a shame that Chewie had to go; I try to avoid using the turbo button, even while grinding, as it completely makes my concentration null. As for the dialogue with Joy, could I make a suggestion? Maybe it's just a tidbit, but you could make NPC dialogue bold or underlined so that it doesn't get too confusing? I mean, I don't have a problem with you remarking the name of the one who's talking; it's necessary, considering that the cast can be easily forgotten without their names being shown, but it felt pretty tiring on that opportunity.

As for Luke's color text, maybe try a lighter variation of [green] and a deeper variation of [blue]? As in, something like this! Or, just a simple green text color, since Obi Wan has lightblue already? Either way, it's great that you already have the full cast; this is literally an awesome chance to enhance shenanigans.
Here is my currently only ongoing run.

☂️ Uberle ☂️
Member Avatar
Locke Maker
I just hear R2-D2's beeps in my head everytime this one says something
Not a locke, but still worth checking out
Posted Image
Current Run
Posted Image
Stuck with the default avatar? I can help.
Posted Image

Successful Runs

☂️ Memento ☂️
Member Avatar
The Princess of Darkness
This is something I've never seen before. Sorry about Chewie, but it seems like your team is rounding out quite well. You at least have someone to surf on (if R2 survives that long. Heh. Thinking about R2 carrying you across water gives me awesome mental images.

Your story is very light-hearted for sure, and I'm enjoying it. Granted, Chewie's death is sad, but knowing his persona's still there makes it so that we can see him again. And the conversations are quite fun.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the later episodes.
Spoiler: click to toggle

nuzthemonkey
Member Avatar
The colours are working out great! I like that you're incorporating some story into this with the explanation of death. I also think it's cool that the characters are aware of them being Pokemon. Not Chewie! That damn Marill! Well, may he rest in peace and his spirit move on to another body (otherwise somebody is gonna start losing money real fast).

Alba Corbina
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
This rule-set is fascinating! And combining it with Star Wars is already super entertaining.

Since you're running out of colors, I'll point you to two websites that have a bunch more color codes:

http://www.absitomen.com/index.php?topic=331.0

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Aetheris/topic/1091810/1/
Whitney's Successor: A Normal Monolocke of Heart Gold
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Sandy----------Red Baron----------Simon-----------Bianca------------Athena--------Antauri

On Hiatus

Abandoned Due To Technical Issues

MagicMarky
Member Avatar
I'm on an Alp, doing Skiing!
Unique rulset combined with a franchise I thoroughly like! Surprised this isn’t using the sequel trilogy characters and the rival’s name isn’t Rian.

Looking forward to how it develops. I’ll be watching.
My FC: 5172-1071-2125

Opera, Arts, and Donuts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Special thanks to Shiny Dustox for the poster!

Completed Runs

QuietGuardian
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Well, now. This is an interesting run! The idea of a Castlocke is neat, and I believe you when you say it's super rare for the whole cast to be brought together so soon. (Though hopefully you can get another Chewie before long.) Also, Star Wars is very much yes. I actually like the prequels, mostly, but there's no denying the original trilogy is the best.

I would strongly recommend changing Luke's color; green and blue are too similar to go together legibly like that. Fortunately, there are plenty of colors available, if you look around a bit. Or you could do something like green and yellow—though I realize that would mean using a non-Luke-lightsaber color.

I'm interested to see where this eventually goes, so keep it up!
Current Runs

Completed Runs

On Hiatus

☂️ RubyClaw ☂️
Member Avatar
Challenge seeker
Thank you so much for your kind words Specs! I appreciate it.

Wow your luck with natures is crazy! You got the 1/25 Vader (when you first showed me the rules I thought that could never happen), and a full team (of pretty nice mons if I might add).

I'm loving Frog Princess Leia (and can't get enough of imagining her) though Whismur Han is still my favorite.

P.S. I suggest changing Luke's font, it is a bit hard to read.
Posted ImagePosted Image

My quest to Nuzlocke every game - Come see my Hall of Fame!
Generation 1: Blue, Yellow
Generation 2: Gold, Silver, Crystal
Generation 3: Ruby, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed
Generation 4: Diamond, Pearl, SoulSilver
Generation 5: Black Black 2
Generation 6: X

Completed Recorded Runs

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Screenshot and Written Log Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply