Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Happy Lunar New Year! The feature team has a few gifts for you!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Your Average Run -- A FireRed Advanced Monolocke; Update #03 - You Used to Say, Live and Let Live (2/20)
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 07:07 AM (221 Views)
Bing24
Member Avatar
No regard for human life!
Posted Image

Good day, fellow Nuzlockers! In case you didn't know or forgot about me, my name is Bing24 and I formally did Nuzlockes. One time I completed a deathless run of Yet Another Fire Red Hack on here, but that was a year and a half ago. This is now.

As you'll see, it's once again the FireRed engine, but this time, I have opted to play Fire Red Advanced. A new take on the game with an updated Pokemon list, new and original moves, and features implemented from later games. This hack is created by Z-nogyroP, so shoutout to him for creating this hack with your talent and ingenuity.

Update wise, probably twice a week, as run is just standard bits of commentary, very likely lamenting on how lame it is. This is subject to change in case of unfortunate/fortunate circumstances.

Rules

Updates

When You Were Young - 01

Edited by Bing24, Feb 20 2018, 06:58 AM.
Your Average Run
Posted Image

Completed Runs

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

vaporterra
Member Avatar
Pokemon Nerd
Never heard of Firered Advanced prior to this Nuzlocke, it's cool seeing Pokemon you don't normally see in FRLG in this game. Good luck!

MagicMarky
Member Avatar
I'm on an Alp, doing Skiing!
FR Advanced with Normal types sounds like a challenge! Of course Brock is around the corner, but you’re off to a decent start. I wish you the best of luck in this.
My FC: 5172-1071-2125

Opera, Arts, and Donuts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Special thanks to Shiny Dustox for the poster!

Completed Runs

QuietGuardian
Member Avatar
Indigo League Champion
FRA is great. And a monolocke of it draws my attention right in! Off the top of my head, Normal seems like a pretty good type to do this with; you've got the three you've caught already, and I know another Normal type is coming up soon, before the first Gym—one that has a good secondary typing, too.

Also, don't dismiss Sentret in this hack; when it evolves to Furret, it becomes a huge asset. You'll see why exactly when you evolve Kelly…
Current Runs

Posted Image            Posted Image (banner by Uberle)

Completed Runs

On Hiatus

lesbian xion
Member Avatar
xion is best girl
FRA is rlly fun and a normal type run sounds like a blast

kelly will be rlly cool once she evolves, since furret gets a nice ability in this hack. good luck w brock !
Posted Image

Even if I'm not ready... I have to make this choice.

Huntress Wizard
Member Avatar
she

oooh, this is shaping up to be a neat little run! i'm always down for monolockes, and the Normal type is tragically overlooked a lot of the time. i look forward to future catches!

i think you'll be pleasantly surprised with Furret ;3c Lopunny is good too, i had fun using one for a little bit. didn't get the chance to use Whismur, but knowing Z-nogyroP, it's probably awesome as hell

good luck with Brock! out of curiosity, are you playing this as you update?
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Completed Runs

Bing24
Member Avatar
Replies

And Your Heart Was an Open Book - 02

Your Average Run
Posted Image

Completed Runs

❤ RubyClaw ❤
Member Avatar
Challenge seeker
Looking good so far. A Normal Duolocke is one of my favorite monolocke options. That Heliolisk was sure a lucky catch.
My quest to Nuzlocke every game
Generation 1: Blue, Yellow
Generation 2: Gold, Silver, Crystal
Generation 3: Ruby, LeafGreen
Generation 4: Diamond, SoulSilver
Generation 5: Black Black 2

Completed Recorded Runs

Huntress Wizard
Member Avatar
she

welcome to the glory of Fur Coat Furret. i hope you enjoy your stay. and oooh, Helioptile! i used one in my first playthru of X and really liked it. i hope Lonzo serves you well!

congrats on beating up Brock! and tbf, Z-no came up with Rubble Rush before Nintendo came up with Accelerock Rubble Rush is a better name anyway
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Completed Runs

MagicMarky
Member Avatar
Big Baller Memes? This is an automatic run if I wasn’t hooked on the premise already.

That said, Fur Coat Furret looks incredibly scary, and can serve you well for a significant time. But the limitedness of the availability of usable Pokemon can challenge your team.

Well done on beating Brock!

Opera, Arts, and Donuts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Completed Runs

vaporterra
Member Avatar
Pokemon Nerd
Any time Furfrou is brought up in a Nuzlocke I think back to the double battle that nearly wiped my team in Y.

Bing24
Member Avatar
Replies

You Used to Say, Live and Let Live - 03

Your Average Run
Posted Image

Completed Runs

lesbian xion
Member Avatar
xion is best girl
margot is the only mon that matters. i love her
Posted Image

Even if I'm not ready... I have to make this choice.

vaporterra
Member Avatar
Pokemon Nerd
I love Margot too because Margot Robbie is cool as well

MagicMarky
Member Avatar
I think it’s a universal fact that everyone likes Margot Robbie.

That one Rocket Grunt’s “gangster” Pokemon is the literal embodiment of the Day 34: they haven’t noticed meme.

Opera, Arts, and Donuts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Completed Runs

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Screenshot and Written Log Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply