Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Sit down for some tea, and the featurers will find a run that's a match for you!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the PokÚmon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[DOG] [♥] Sinnoh Safari: Special Year of the Dog Edition (4/15); I couldn't find a good way to incorporate "dog" into the title I'm sorry pls don't yell at me
Topic Started: Feb 22 2018, 11:04 PM (438 Views)
FoxMan
Member Avatar
MEEEEOWF, THAT'S RITE
Posted Image

FIRST SUIT RUN LET'S GO
this may quite possibly be the worst title card I've ever made

Rules So I Don't Forget

there may be some minor continuity nods to Rocket Science due to the character version of myself being a mercenary for hire, don't worry about it too much
also anything that's considered written is in Italics

List of Parts

Part 1

Author's Notes
Edited by FoxMan, Apr 15 2018, 02:29 PM.
Posted Image

I'm playing through a Pokemon knockoff that I intend to "localize". Expect stolen sprites, and timey-spacey shenanigans!

Now almost fully translated into English! (Updated 6/24/17)
Posted Image

Take a gander at "Is This a Magic Baby?", a playthrough of a bootleg game called "Pocket Monster Saphire", where nothing makes sense, Pokemon are magic babies, and Engrish is everywhere.

It's sure to be a fun time for all involved! except me (Updated 2/3/18)

All of my runs have been logged in The Chronicles of Mr. Fox. Now properly updated with signature images!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Hmmm... this is a suspicious set-up to be certain. Wonder what all these pokemon are really needed for?
Posted Image

Check out my ongoing runs, Search for Yesterday and The Dark We Carry! Banners made by Rainey and Agent Nein, thank you so much!

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

FoxMan
Member Avatar
MEEEEOWF, THAT'S RITE
dee-fortyfive: HM, I WONDER. I didn't exactly make it very subtle but the player character doesn't know that yet

Part 2

Author's Notes
Posted Image

I'm playing through a Pokemon knockoff that I intend to "localize". Expect stolen sprites, and timey-spacey shenanigans!

Posted Image

Take a gander at "Is This a Magic Baby?", a playthrough of a bootleg game called "Pocket Monster Saphire", where nothing makes sense, Pokemon are magic babies, and Engrish is everywhere.

All of my runs have been logged in The Chronicles of Mr. Fox. Now properly updated with signature images!

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Don't be too broken up about the Abra. It actually counts as a brown pokemon for some reason, and not a yellow one.
Posted Image

Check out my ongoing runs, Search for Yesterday and The Dark We Carry! Banners made by Rainey and Agent Nein, thank you so much!

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

FoxMan
Member Avatar
MEEEEOWF, THAT'S RITE
dee-fortyfive: Wait, really? I had no idea. That's so odd, and makes me ask WHY, considering its primary color is in fact yellow.

Part 3

Author's Notes
Edited by FoxMan, Mar 2 2018, 04:27 PM.
Posted Image

Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Good job so far! Isn't your current point total 4 though, what with the Combee? They count as a yellow pokemon! (And so does Mothim, incidentally, which means that Burmy of either gender gives you a point evolution.)

Handy list of what the game considers a yellow pokemon right here:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokemon_by_color#Yellow
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

FoxMan
Member Avatar
MEEEEOWF, THAT'S RITE
dee-fortyfive: I can't believe I didn't spot that. Thanks for pointing it out, it's been fixed.

I've been dealing with a lot of heavy snowstorms within this week and the last. It's been fun, except not really.

Let's continue!

Part 4

Author's Notes

Edited by FoxMan, Mar 8 2018, 02:58 PM.
Posted Image

Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Good job with Mars's Purugly! That thing tends to be a run-ender.

AND POOR TENDIES AND HAMBURGER, NOOOOOO

Also, I think you have it backwards how death and points work? I double-checked the rules posted in the initial thread (pasted below)

Rule copypasta

So you lose half a point for losing a non-yellow or Ground-type pokemon (excepting HM Slaves) but no points if a Ground-type or yellow pokemon is lost, presumably to incentivize you to actually use pokemon of those categories. So between Tendies and Hamburger, you lost a full point.

However, not all is lost--this means you can use your Ground-type pokemon with more impunity in the future, which is always solid!
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

FoxMan
Member Avatar
MEEEEOWF, THAT'S RITE
dee-fortyfive: Oh my god what is wrong with me. Thanks for spotting so much on this run! I've been uploading these so hastily due to the time limit that I'm missing such simple mistakes. if I was smart I'd find a way to incorporate this into the story

Part 5

Author's Notes
Posted Image

Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Congrats on the Gardenia win! Beginning with Mars, there's a run of really tough bosses in this game--Mars, Gardenia, Jupiter, Fantina, Barry round 3, and finally Maylene. Gardenia tends to get ignored because Mars and Jupiter are more notorious, but she's still quite dangerous I'm glad Hot Sauce pulled through!

Also glad you got Rotom. Even if the extra forms are locked away until postgame, it's still a useful pokemon to have! I wonder if Noodle will end up joining the team. And RIP on the honey trees, knowing your luck, you'll end up getting a Munchlax--an incredible encounter anywhere that isn't this specific challenge.
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

FoxMan
Member Avatar
MEEEEOWF, THAT'S RITE
dee-fortyfive: Aw, they are? Damn. There goes my plan of spamming Blizzard or Leaf Storm, then. Also, I find it SUPER unlikely that I'll find the one specific tree that'll house the 1 percent chance to find Munchlax, but hey, considering how bad my luck has been with these trees so far, maybe I should keep my mouth shut.

Hahaha get ready for a big loss this update

Part 6

Current Progress

Author's Notes

Edited by FoxMan, Apr 3 2018, 02:48 PM.
Posted Image

Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Holy cow, that Jupiter fight...

Crits are super dangerous. Not only does Night Slash have a higher crit rate (though 30% is still kinda low considering how many times you were crit) but crits also ignore all defensive buffs on the recipient. Poor pokemon never stood a chance :<

Jupiter's Skuntank is one of those pokemon that is so obscenely overpowered for the stage of the game it is in that you're basically guaranteed a death unless you a) get lucky with a crit Ground-type move yourself right off the bat, b) overlevel like a madman, or c)use a cheesy strategy like Intimidate-switching or spamming accuracy/evasion.

Be warned: Fantina's Mismagius is almost as bad. That thing is a killer! I know you can do it!
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

FoxMan
Member Avatar
MEEEEOWF, THAT'S RITE
dee-fortyfive: Oops, forgot about the defense negation. You'd think with all my years playing games within this franchise, that would be something I would have known.

Part 7

Current Progress

Author's Notes
Edited by FoxMan, Apr 16 2018, 12:32 AM.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Jimcloud Posted Image
Member Avatar
Popped collars and fingerguns

[AUTOMATED] This thread has been moved to the Previous Event Runs section, as the run and/or the event it belongs to has ended.
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: man i wish i didnt use a monkey paw to get u as admin
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: like ur a great admin
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: but i have to deal with these
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: fucking
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: puns
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: all the fucking time
[4:14 AM] Jimcloud: So you'd rather we quit monkeying around.
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: all
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: the
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: fucking
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: time
[1:46 AM] the traveling clock problem: i'm more worried about the fact that it wasn't "unflawed" that was edited
[1:46 AM] Furfrou: unflawed is a word tho
[1:46 AM] the traveling clock problem: it doesn't sound pretty, i guess
[1:47 AM] Jimcloud: so it's not unflawed
[1:47 AM] the traveling clock problem: mag if you ever hire another admin never use a monkey's paw ever again jfc
[1:47 AM] Furfrou: it was necessary

Runs

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Previous Event Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply