Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Pride Month Create-a-thon has now begun! Don't forget to check out Featured Fan Runs - this run really shouldn't be Lost in the Stream!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pokemon Let's Go! Discussion thread; Yellow remakes on the Switch, out November 16th
Topic Started: May 29 2018, 07:14 PM (1,795 Views)
Posted ImageChessPosted Image
Member Avatar
Blep

Gen 7 isn't quite over yet! Use this thread for all discussion, speculation, and leaks for the titles due out this year. Please keep discussion of the 2019 main series game to this thread
Posted Image

You're a cool person

Finished OAs are fun

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rumors
Member Avatar

To me, it's looking like it might be designed as a gateway game for Pokemon Go players to get drawn into the main series, since it looks like it's bridging both gameplay types. One of my friends notes that it might also be a test bed or proof of concept of the Gen VIII engine and/or mechanics they want to experiment with.

The pessimistic part of me says it might also be a way to force Go players who want to trade to have to buy a whole new game to do it. >.>

Personally, I'm curious about the title, but currently in the "wait and see" mode. Would definitely get Eevee version though since... well... Eevee >>>> Pikachu.
Posted Image
Chapter 5: Tortured Roar | 6/23/18

Z-nogyroP
Member Avatar
stay back bitch

if they dont let me have crobat im going to bite gamefreak

version choice will be harder than normal for me because i'm so painfully apathetic towards both of these pokemon. give me a magnemite as my starter instead bitch
Posted Image

Update 19- Enlightenment

Current Team

Completed Runs

[10:51 AM] damien: Hacking is a good and fun experience for everyone involved
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mint0h
Member Avatar
Arienai!

Stuff to note:

• Let's Go to just have the original 151 + some Alolan Pokemon.
  • There are no actual battles with Wild Pokemon.
  • A new never before seen Pokemon will be shown in these games.
  • There is no online play.
  • Gen I Pokemon from Go can be transferred to Let's Go.
  • The Poke Ball Plus is a device that can be used as a Joycon, to throw Poke Balls in the game. It works like the Pokewalker, as you can put Pokemon in it, and walk around with it in real life, even connecting to Pokemon Go.
Edited by mint0h, May 29 2018, 08:22 PM.
Current Runs

Posted Image

1Ultima
Member Avatar
The Ultimate Ultima of all of the Ultimas
>Only Gen 1 mons
>No wild battles

whyyyyyyyyy.

i guess I'll wait till we get more info about this. for now its a hard pass.
3DS FC : 1891 1152 0901

🌈 Angel 🌈
Member Avatar
probably my aesthetic
Posted Image

The only things I have to say are that I approve of the player character designs and that I am going to draw them first thing in the morning after getting some errands done. I may not own a Switch for now, but I probably would get one when I can just so I can experience these games!
Posted Image
3DS Friend Code: 2165-6366-4578
Grade 41 in Battle Agency (Mon: Mega Gyarados). PM me if you want my friend code to get aid for Agency or if you want to trade/battle.

poopawman
Member Avatar
...has been on the forums for almost 5 years
Some takeaways:

This may help revitalize interest in pokemon go, especially if gen 4 gets released by then.
Kanto (for the twentieth time) with the original mons, maybe some intergens via 2, 4, and (long shot) Sylveon, but possibly no plans for Johto or Hoenn at the moment.
FINALLY co-op play, which could lead to tag team nuzlockss.
Speaking of nuzlockes, pokemon go nuzlocke is now easier to implement.
Character designs are cute, (sorry for Green, she might need to get off the internet for a while).
Pokewalker 3.0 is a fun mechanic but could be finicky via dropped balls (heh heh) and wear and tear.
Could the pokewalker be customized to look like the other balls? Maybe a cover that can encase it so you can pokemon go with your mewtwo with the master ball.
Easier pokemon for go players in areas lacking in diversity.
Pokemon Yellow finally gets the remake it deserves. When will the crystal remake happen, GF?
Integration with U(SM)? Then DeltaAlolan mons await.
Trading is finally in pokemon go. Now all we need is pvp battles and it will get the love it deserves.
Wild battle mechanic might be a fusion of old and new, with lowered health increasing your odds to catch mons.
Buddy pokemon takes a whole new meaning! I wonder if GF will make jokes about soms of the classic myths of gen 1?
If this a remake retcon of a remake, will the Sevii Islands be a thing, allowing the inclusion of gens 2 and 3 mons, or something similar, being close to Alola?
DLC, highly unlikely, so no connecting worlds together.

I'm intrigued. When I get the switch, this might be on my radar after the hype dies. Also, this might bring me back into Pokego (hopefully with a phone that can handle it). We all know it's gen 1 pandering again, but it helps newer generations appreciate what us older gen 90s kids enjoyed about the older games.
Signature 3.12

DB CorProd: Will update by the Rio Olympics.
What Pokemon am I?

Kirimiya
Member Avatar
Proof of concept

Pffft. For how long have I been saying there would be more Kanto remakes? And how long ago did I suggest that Pokémon Go have an RPG style mode -- similar to the main games -- that had real objectives and made real-world walking optional? Call me Nostradamus.

I have several questions about game mechanics, though: How will training work without wild battles? Will there be a VS Seeker? What about later Gen evolutions of Gen I mons? Can we ride on Arcanine's back?
It's a tying streak
It's a moment of victory
It's a loss, unlike any you've felt before,
And it lasts a lifetime

Kigiru
Member Avatar
Time to end this furrying, but i like this avatar.
Meh, it seems more like a side games trying to be mix of Go! and mainline stuff.
Still, i'm realy dissapointed in which direction Gamefreak is going. Pokemon Go's main positive was always global-level AR gameplay, not dumbed down wild battles and gimmicky catching. Trying to catch these Go! Players into mainline with pretty much the worst parts of that first is... no.
Also the original 151 only thing bothers me, because it seems that they will release rest as DLCs.
Also Kanto nostalgia to the Nth. One more thing like that and i'll vomit Pikachus.

Overall it's Pokemon Sadness/Dissapointment for me.
There were more than few before but eh...

Machop69
Member Avatar
"Is there a topic on this?"
Was browsing Serebii. There is no wild battles, only catching the pokemon. How do you train your pokemon?
Ongoing

Failed

🌈 YunUroko 🌈
Member Avatar
Poison type fan ♥
The main thing I saw from the trailer : YOU CAN RIDE YOUR 'MON !!!!! AAAAAAAAH !!!!!
Chasing for the Moon - A Blind Ultra Moon Nuzlocke
Will the Blood Moon rise and claim its dues...?
Last update : 09/04/2018

My deviantArt

My Discord Pokemon totem spirits are...

Emperor ServingSpoon
Member Avatar
The original AND the 16th!
Apparently the "no online play" thing was a misunderstanding. Thankfully. Because if it was limited to just the original 151, *and* there was no online play, I'd be super annoyed!

These seem to be the main ways it was influenced by Pokemon GO:
Wild Pokemon are seen in the overworld.
No actual "battling" in wild battles.
CP is listed along with the level of a Pokemon when trying to capture it (That'll probably only be important if transferred to PoGO, though it could be an indicator of IVs or something in these games, too).
The number caught and the record high and record low height and weight are displayed in the Pokedex, though the official height and weight are still listed also.

Outside of that, they seem to play like regular Pokemon games (outside of the new co-op additions). Hopefully they'll include Wonder Trade, or some other way to get non-Kanto Pokemon into the games, because everything else I saw seemed to suggest that it'll play out much the same as Kanto ever has. All the wild Pokemon were in locations you'd expect them to be (as far as I can make out, anyway), Rocket Grunts are basically their FRLG designs and standard locations, Cut bushes were where they've always been, and Golem still explodes too much.

Of all the locations seen, the only ones I'm not too sure about are the water routes (because they're all generic), the place where they're riding Onix (possibly Route 24 or Route 9?) and the area with the road, flowers and benches seen a few times (based on the Ponyta, that's possibly just what Route 17 looks like when no one in the region rides a bike). Also the location in the back when they're interacting with Pokemon Go. NO idea where that could be!

The locations I can fairly safely identify, in order:
Oak's Lab, Pallet Town, Route 1, Fuchsia City (pink building and Pokemon Centre on a higher level), Pewter City (Gym seen behind the Pokemon Centre), Viridian Forest, Vermillion City, Route 2, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Nugget Bridge (Route 24), Bike Path? (Route 17?), Pokemon Mansion (battle backdrop), S.S. Anne deck (battle backdrop), Underground Path (with the Nidos), Route 14, Pokemon Tower (battle backdrop), Route 12/13 (behind Pikachu in the dress up scenes), Silph Co. (battle backdrop), S.S. Anne inside (battle backdrop), Power Plant? (Blastoise battle backdrop), Rocket Hideout (battle backdrop), Cerulean Cave, Route 5. So a pretty good look at the region, overall...

Based on the backdrops: Mankey is likely available in the usual early spot from Yellow, as its background is the same as Pidgey's from Route 2 (though that may just be the most generic background and it applies to a LOT of routes). Bellsprout's background looks suspiciously like Viridian Forest, so that *may* be a location change for a new Brock counter option. Psyduck seems to be on the Bike Path (I can't think of anywhere else with a split road with water between like that), which would be an entirely new location for it (though Level 13 seems way too low for there...). Magmar seems to be in Pokemon Mansion, as you'd expect.

OK. So on closer analysis, Pokemon locations may have been changed. That makes it a bit more interesting! ...Hopefully we still get Route 3 Sandshrew, though.
Current Run

Completed Runs

capmalachi
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
This is about as far from what I wanted in a new main series game as you can get while still actually including pokemon.

The franchise never really left Kanto, so going back there again isn't interesting. The original 151 are not interesting enough on their own to be the only pokemon in a modern game, even with alola forms. No wild pokemon battles and go style capturing is just... why?

Really, the only part of this that interests me at all is the local co-op, that could actually be pretty fun if done right, although it could also be stupid if done wrong and the weird double capture thing they have going on doesn't fill me with hope.

I know they're calling this a main series game, but I'm going to continue to pray that it's really a spin-off in practice and that future main series games will not be much like this at all.

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

Okay, I can get behind this. It's not Gen VIII - it's Pokémon Go 2

It expands on the mobile game by adding some (probably very basic "vs Team Rocket") story, co-op mode, PokéWalker, awesome new graphics and a bunch of other stuff. But it introduces no new Pokémon, it doesn't come close to reaching the mechanics of the core series games and is likely to be a test run for both the new Switch style and perhaps... some big changes for the series? It's too early to tell at this point, but the point is that as far as spin-offs go, this certainly doesn't look like the worst thing we've had, not by a long shot.

Of course the fact it features only Gen I Pokémon is a major downside... But I honestly don't mind that much. Free DLC can fix it easily in the future, just like was the case with, well, Pokémon GO. And it seems like we're getting our Gen VIII tease in this game - the Magearna type deal. Or maybe more of a Munchlax, since I wouldn't discount an evo or a pre-evo to a Kanto mon. Sure, they haven't done that since Gen IV (technically; Sylveon barely counts in my eyes and we've really got new evos for Exeggcute, Cubone and Pikachu just recently), but a Kanto game would be a prime opportunity. Not exactly a hope of mine, but I'm seeing a possibility (just make the Pegasus-like Fire/Fairy Rapidash evo already, sheesh).

It also gives Game Freak more time to work on Gen VIII proper, which is good. Polish it, polish it to the extreme!

Why couldn't this wait for E3 again? This presentation was so unbelievably business-boring with not a single series fan in sight...
capmalachi
May 30 2018, 02:19 AM
I know they're calling this a main series game, but I'm going to continue to pray that it's really a spin-off in practice and that future main series games will not be much like this at all.
They're not calling it a main series game. Because it's not a main series game. They're working on the next main series game for second half of 2019.
Most of all, they would never abandon something as essential to Pokémon appeal as trading and battling with other people.
Edited by eworm, May 30 2018, 04:13 AM.
Super Type Chart ˇ Perfect Type Chart? ˇ Repel Trick 100%

Posted ImagePosted Image

1Ultima
Member Avatar
iirc they've never announced a Pokemon game via E3 so thats probably why they chose to do a conference.

also i really wonder how they're gonna handle EXP without wilds(although Gen 1 wilds were garbage for grinding anyway). Please GOD do not use the candy system.

wallaroo42
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Well this is an easy pass for someone like me who doesn't have a switch or play pokemon go. Even if I did this doesn't look like the kinda thing that appeals to me personally but it will still be interesting to follow. I wonder if any of these mechanics will make it into the next main(er) line game
Posted Image
WARNING: This signature may or may not get less derpy over time
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

capmalachi
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
eworm
May 30 2018, 03:18 AM
They're not calling it a main series game. Because it's not a main series game. They're working on the next main series game for second half of 2019.
Most of all, they would never abandon something as essential to Pokémon appeal as trading and battling with other people.
I made my first post shortly after waking up, looking in to it more there seems to be some debate on the matter of whether it's a main series game with GF not quite saying one way or the other. On the one hand, it obviously departs from the main series in some ways, but on the other hand, it's made by GF, and is basically yellow version - wild pokemon battles + some bells and whistles. I may well have missed GF explicitly saying that these aren't main series games, but all I've seen is them saying that another one is still coming, which doesn't necessarily mean these aren't. Regardless, my point was simply that I hope the next main series games, whether LeGo are one or not, don't take too much inspiration from them.

Either way, right now, Kanto (again) but trivially easy and with mobile game elements is not worth Ł40+ to me.

As for interacting with other people, apparently the lack of online was a misunderstanding and is probably still in. That part of the games never appealed to me greatly anyway though.
Edited by capmalachi, May 30 2018, 05:25 AM.

🌈 Raverist 🌈
Member Avatar
*squiiiiiiiiiish~*
My expectations were already very low, and I'm still greatly disappointed.

Played one Kanto game, played em all. I'll pass.
Posted Image

1Ultima
Member Avatar
^

that being said,ive already have a team planned and I've started playing GO again in order to prepare some mons to transfer over(namely the Alolan forms and Mew).

i dunno. I'm conflicted. On the one hand,I've never skipped a game before. On the other hand,USUM were already a disappointment and i don't like Kanto.

Westie7
Member Avatar
The Great Porpoise of the Internet and Beyond
Was it actually confirmed to be a Yellow remake? I know it's in Kanto again but that's about all I've seen for sure. I might need to rewatch the trailer though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pokemon · Next Topic »
Add Reply