Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hey, hey, it's feature time!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to Nuzlocke Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokemon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find out that, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A few quick questions about making Nuzlocke comics
Topic Started: Aug 5 2010, 06:54 PM (3,697 Views)
Icalasari
Member Avatar
Spriting - Can be annoying as HELL
Sorry for making another thread, but I couldn't find anything on double posting if you had more questions to ask, so I decided to not risk it

1) What is the typical update schedule (twice a week? Once a week? Once a month? Every time VGCats updates, which could mean one a year if the readers are lucky?)

2) When do people usually start making the comics? From the start of their Nuzlocke? When they know whether or not they beat the game? Somewhere in between?

3) Is there a place where one can show off a few rough drafts to one or two other Nuzlocke comic artists to get opinions before finalizing the page, or are the artists pretty much stuck waiting for public opinion?

4) Do Nuzlocke comic artists make a buffer before they start posting the comics, and if so, how big is the buffer on average?

5) Do Nuzlocke comic artists typically use Photoshop/other such programs and a mouse, or do they usually use a tablet? (I am especially curious about this one, since it will decide how soon I start putting up comics, since I expect I will be getting a tablet near the end of October, which means that my comics could exist as mere rough drafts for quite a while)

6) How typical is it for the person to not use the main character's look, but instead make a completely different looking character?

^^; I just want to make sure that my comic has the best chance possible. I already have the overarching plot decided and the chapter one cover page drawn up
Edited by Icalasari, Aug 5 2010, 06:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

snaps
Member Avatar
whoa, i lose control

jesus, you're really trying to maximise your views, aren't you? :'D honestly, you can do whatever the hell you want and SOMEONE is bound to take a look at the comic. personally, i update daily, use paint and my tablet, and i draw the comic as i go through the game with my main character as a sort of simplified and slightly more retarded version of myself. somehow my shitty art and lack of storyline managed to make featured run, so i think you'll do all right regardless.

one thing though: plot is win. everyone loves plot :3
Edited by snaps, Aug 5 2010, 07:04 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lily
Member Avatar
I'm not defective!!!
snaps
Aug 5 2010, 07:03 PM
one thing though: plot is win. everyone loves plot :3
A good plot can make almost anything better.
Welp I tried

Nych
Member Avatar
cubonephone
Plot is king. And practicing drawing is also good.

Just gotta find a balance between the two. I'm having a huge problem getting a plot down myself. (Also planning panels can be an absolute PAIN.)

Icalasari
Member Avatar
Spriting - Can be annoying as HELL
Nych
Aug 5 2010, 07:22 PM
Plot is king. And practicing drawing is also good.

Just gotta find a balance between the two. I'm having a huge problem getting a plot down myself. (Also planning panels can be an absolute PAIN.)
Well, with plot, I have an overarching plot already decided (Right up to if I manage to survive the Challenge, with another ending if I don't manage to survive)

As for drawing, well, I think I'm decent. My one weakness though is humans D: I suck so badly with humans that even attempting furry art to exit the uncanny valley is met with, "Holy crap what did I just draw please somebody burn itburnitburnitNOW!"

EDIT: I'll link to my art thread and ask you guys if you think serious drawing or cartoony drawing should be done:

This is what would be expected if I do serious
Edited by Icalasari, Aug 5 2010, 07:41 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Challenge Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply