Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Don't pass today's feature by! Also, let us know what your favorite Pokemon are!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to Nuzlocke Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokemon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find out that, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[COMPLETED]Colonel Darren's Time and Space Journey! (Platinum Enhanced Edition COMPLETE); Part 25.5 FINAL: True Desires.
Topic Started: Dec 16 2010, 03:13 PM (21,090 Views)
ColonelDarren
Member Avatar
14-Time Nuzlocke Completionist
(Yes, I'm putting a story in this one. I've not done so since Yellow. If people hate it, I'll drop it.)

Time. How long as it been? How many times has he gone through this before? It's been several years now since first departing Pallet Town, and nearly twice as many times as he'd seen the Hall of Fame, held the title of Champion before settling himself back down in Twinleaf. At least, for the past two or three years now. His older Pokemon off serving with the various Profressors he met along the way, or merely watching after his mother in Pallet Town. All he had remaining was just some now-dusty medals and trophies. Darren had found retirement dull.

However, two Pokeballs he kept over the years slowly cracked and aged, the two entities of Time and Antimatter yearning for freedom once more. Giratina, Dialga, two of the three that had long since shaped the heavens and the earth, had grown restless. Perhaps it was Darren's own fault for never showing them attention, merely treating them a trophy, or perhaps meddling with powers beyond his control. One night, however, his control was completely gone. The Antimatter and Time Pokemon had broken free of their constraints, screeching through the night sky back to Coronet. It would be the last Darren would see of this world.

Perhaps it was fate. Perhaps it was merely a way of testing his atonement. But to Darren's horror and shock, when he awoke the next day, his calender read the exact date five years beforehand, his medals and various Pokeballs gone, and looking barely a day older than his first journey to Sinnoh. However, the only thing that remained different from this world and his memories was a growing black cloud over Mt. Coronet. This would be his finest test yet. A journey back home.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Rules

Names

Posted Image
Darren finally shook himself to his senses, his fingers pressed to his temple as the room stopped spinning. However, the voice that called to him in a hyper way...It was familiar....Barry? Wait....It couldn't be....This one called himself Aleph. Darren couldn't even recall what was real and what was memory.

Posted Image
Aleph seemed to prattle on in a usual (or so Darren thought) manner before mentioning Professor Rowan. Rowan....OF COURSE! Darren immediately recognized a name, and a way of investigating the dark cloud above Coronet. He could get a Pokemon from Rowan and head off himself! However, it was disturbing to hear that Aleph didn't notice or see that anomaly. However, he found it amusing that Aleph's games over fines lessened greatly.

Posted Image
Rowan seemed to be waiting for something, yet was staring off toward the nearby lake instead of Mt. Coronet. Darren seemed to detect something was wrong by how the Professor seemed to go on about taking a Pokemon to a Contest instead of disturbances. Having the breifcase shoved to him, Darren could only point feebly to one of the left at the moment.

Posted Image
What came next was another thing Darren didn't count on. Rowan merely snapped the case shut, narrowly dodging the young man's fingers. Darren merely stared on in akward confusion before a Pokeball was shoved into his grip. Oddly enough, it didn't bear a leaf on it like he recalled his old Turtwig's, but instead a small serpentine symbol.

Posted Image
A few akward minutes passed on as Rowan and his assistant, whom he recognized as Dawn, walked off back toward the next town. In the midst of it, Darren heard the click of a Pokeball behind him. Turning rather quickly, Aleph seemed eager to at least show off his own Pokemon. Yet, it wasn't a Chimchar like he recalled. A Beldum?! Regardless of choice being forced upon him, Darren merely tossed his own.

Posted Image
A brief flash of light, and the serpentine form marked on the ball sprang out in a rather cheerful cry. A Dratini? Darren hadn't seen one of these since their evolved form battled him under the command of Lance four years ago....Or at least, so he recalled before being pulled here....

Posted Image
Darren was even more suprised at how easily the Dratini seemed capable of dispatching it's foe, paralyzing it with a quick shock wave and firing a stream of water from it's round muzzle, seeming to confuse and rust the Beldum until it fell to the ground. Darren couldn't help but smirk somewhat. It had been too long since the rush of battle had coursed through his veins. In the aftermath, as Aleph prattled on to himself walking off, Darren decided to go out and see Rowan's Lab. Hopefully, he could get some more information.

Posted Image
However, Rowan merely gave him an all-too-familiar speech, handing a Pokedex to the confused Champion. Glancing down, once more he was caught off suprise. It seemed much bulkier, showing details breifly over every nation before focusing on Sinnoh. Though, as he walked away, Darren thought to himself on this second chance before he glanced up at Mt. Coronet. He had to find out what was going on here.

Posted Image
Good thing he wasn't alone.
Edited by ColonelDarren, Feb 1 2011, 05:12 PM.
Links to Darren's Nuzlocke Saga!
COMPLETED RUNS
(RED)-(GOLD)-(PLAT)-(EM386)-(PLAT ENHANCE)-(YELLOW)-(EMERALD)-(CRYSTAL)-(DIAMOND)-(MANLY PINK)-Super Robot Wars J (Screenshot)
NidoNidoRama
Kanto-Johto-Clement's Manly Pink
Collaborations
Zeronos/Colonel Darren on Platinum(Walking the Path of Heaven)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hitoshura0
Member Avatar
Worst shiny ever!
I'm the villain? I can work with that...

I hope you get some nasty luck on these catches. Maybe some Larvitar line love?
I've gotta full dex and am ready to breed what you need! PM me with others/requests.

Tumblr

The Aleph Saga

Current run:
Aleph Nuzlockes through Snakewood More abominations.
I"M THE WORST SHINY EVER!!!!

ColonelDarren
Member Avatar
hitoshura0
Dec 16 2010, 03:37 PM
I'm the villain? I can work with that...
Cyrus and Giratina are planned as the villans, not you. Mainly the latter, believe it or not. Also, I'm taking nickname requests, so long as they are not usernames.
Edited by ColonelDarren, Dec 16 2010, 03:48 PM.
COMPLETED RUNS
(RED)-(GOLD)-(PLAT)-(EM386)-(PLAT ENHANCE)-(YELLOW)-(EMERALD)-(CRYSTAL)-(DIAMOND)-(MANLY PINK)-Super Robot Wars J (Screenshot)
NidoNidoRama
Collaborations

Day Maker
Member Avatar
Most people's reactions to me.
Actually, why not beat Dialga as well?

And nicknames (if you want):

Neku
Tyrannus
O'Malley
L
Mello
Near

(All of that is random, btw).

Oh, and
Kenpachi
That guy who's too optimistic about others and abuses :P
Now with erratic updates! (23/6/12)
Posted Image
Banner by Baka
Blag
All the old run stuff moved to the blog.

Ruxin
Member Avatar
>Octavia is not amused
OOh! I'll be creative....
I got nothin'.

Oh wait! I gots one. Kino!
Posted Image

ColonelDarren
Member Avatar
I don't know where to find Dialga and Palkia in Platinum Enhanced, or if you even can. Else I'd work the whole trio in.
COMPLETED RUNS
NidoNidoRama
Collaborations

hitoshura0
Member Avatar
Worst shiny ever!
They probably didn't move those two, you'll need the two orbs from the waterfall cave in Mt. Coronet and show them to the lady in Celestic Town that talks about them, then back to the Spear Pillar. All this after the Elite 4, of course.

Also, why not some 9 Hours, 9 Doors, 9 People names:

Ace
Snake
Santa
Clover
Junpei
June
Seven
Lotus
Akane
All-ice
Edited by hitoshura0, Dec 16 2010, 04:38 PM.
I've gotta full dex and am ready to breed what you need! PM me with others/requests.

Tumblr

The Aleph Saga

Current run:
Aleph Nuzlockes through Snakewood More abominations.
I"M THE WORST SHINY EVER!!!!

ColonelDarren
Member Avatar
Oh, and I decided that it'd be easier for me to catch up on name requests and comments, as well as more preparation to pen out the story (Note to everyone: I'M A TERRIBLE WRITER. Go ahead. Lay the criticism on me. :D), I'm only doing daily updates.
COMPLETED RUNS
NidoNidoRama
Collaborations

Genow
Member Avatar
I'll wait for you

hitoshura0
Dec 16 2010, 04:38 PM
They probably didn't move those two, you'll need the two orbs from the waterfall cave in Mt. Coronet and show them to the lady in Celestic Town that talks about them, then back to the Spear Pillar. All this after the Elite 4, of course.

Also, why not some 9 Hours, 9 Doors, 9 People names:

Ace
Snake
Santa
Clover
Junpei
June
Seven
Lotus
Akane
All-ice
I love you btw

Obligatory:

GROSSBERG :scallop:
DYLAN
GRAFT
YAMA

PAZUZU

Iamjustherek
Member Avatar
Troper Extraordinaire
YES THIS IS AWESOME WATCHINGWATCHINGWATCHING

Stupid HeartGold glitching out and SoulSilver not working. >.> Would have liked to see. But this is better anyway. Nickname suggestion: Rose.
All my life I've been good, but now
I'm thinkin', what the hell
All I want is to mess around
And I don't really care about

If you love me
If you hate me
You can save me
Baby, baby

All my life I've been good, but now
Whoa, what the hell

Just here to look at the Nuzlocke runs, is all. Not really thinking of doing one myself, but maybe I will sometime in the future. Maybe. In the meantime, I'm just doing a normal run of my recently acquired SoulSilver with the added plus of nicknaming all my Mons.

Moti
Member Avatar
That guy with the Dennis

This looks interesting. There can be some horribly tough battles here so you best grind your team. Like the story by the way. Following!

Posted Image
Moti's playthrough of Victory Fire - The bane of my existance

White Chaos
Member Avatar
Are we only damaging the little we have left?

Yes! New run! Why didn't I stay up later to see this? >.>

Oh well, good luck Darren (well maybe not, since you have completed 8 Nuzlockes in a row)

Zadikall
Member Avatar
I got dem moves like Jagger
Watching..

Apero
Filma
Drewo
Hotwheel
DINKLEBERG
Latvi
Storm the front: Zadikalls Storm Silver Nuzlocke

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Pvt.Parts Lexandre Porkchop

Completed Runs

Murk
No Avatar
Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Well I like the story so far and I'm curious what you will do with it.

ColonelDarren
Member Avatar
Moti
Dec 17 2010, 02:12 AM
This looks interesting. There can be some horribly tough battles here so you best grind your team. Like the story by the way. Following!
What do you mean tough battles? It's not the same levels as standard Platinum?

Mind sharing what the bosses are at the very least? I care little about Rivals, I just want to know how the Gym Leaders are. By the way, grinding already is a bitch, since Dratini is somewhat hard to raise, but it's not as bad as one would think.
COMPLETED RUNS
NidoNidoRama
Collaborations

Dai
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Oh, this outta be good. Name one like...after Harvest Moon characters. Like Muffy, or Takakura. Maybe even Zack?
Posted Image

Moti
Member Avatar
That guy with the Dennis

Your rival is a total ass by Pastoria City. The Starmie is a total troll, and he has a Metagross too. Oh, and they'll be at their late 40's while your Pokemon will probably be around level 38.
That's one annoying battle I remember. The Gym Leaders are mostly pushovers, but you know how hacks go. Prepare for the worst.

Posted Image
Moti's playthrough of Victory Fire - The bane of my existance

ColonelDarren
Member Avatar
(You get only one update this weekend, and it's unlikely that I'd have part 3 before Tuesday. I apologize, but I'm not really going to be home to get to work on this thing this weekend/Monday.)

Posted Image
The sun had started to set down once Darren emerged from the Lab and Pokemon Center respectively, seeming intrigued at this second chance he was given in Sinnoh. Curiously, he hadn't encountered a Pokemon on Route 201, which drew his eye once he stopped to get a few Pokeballs. Digging around in the tall grass with Lila wrapping over his shoulder, finally Darren could make out a small orange shape hidden amongst the tall blades of grass.

Posted Image
A Torchic. Darren had not seen one since he was back in Hoenn about two years ago in May's care. A smile stretched across his lips as Darren took out a small marker and started to etch on the Pokeball he tossed out to capture it, a single word of name. Kenpachi.

Posted Image
Darren kept on his pace, seeming rather confident about his latest capture before stopped by that assistant of Rowan's.....Dawn was it? Darren noticed he had stumbled off without speaking to the woman caring for his home in Sinnoh, thinking she was his mother. Darren's heart quickly sank. What if he failed? Would he never see Pallet again? His own family, human mother and loyal Pokemon aside? What of Terrasque, Shuu, and the others?

Posted Image
His newfound resolve lasted only a minute on that route before he nearly tripped over something in the tall grass, Lila quickly ensnaring it to keep it in place, being rather protective of the young man. A quick ball toss later, and Darren found his Pokedex registering a Totodile. Curiously, Darren had captured another Pokemon he had never used before, recalling it was either stolen or left behind in Elm's lab when he were in Johto. Another breif scratching and squeaking of markers heard as he resumed pace. Akane.

Posted Image
After a brief hike, Darren found himself at the outskirts of Pastoria City. However, cities of this size were a common occurance to Darren, rather different than the wide-eyed stares of the younger children from Solaceon that constatly stared over to the city. At the very least, Dawn's familiar face was there to help point Darren in the right direction, as well as inadvertantly spot out a private investigator that was acting more than suspicious. 'Looker', as he called himself, seemed to be on the trail of Team Galactic, a name that Darren only breifly recalled. Though, the gasp let out by Dawn was accompanied by a lackluster yawn from the young man. He's seen this all before, even if this timeline didn't seem to give him that experience yet.

Posted Image
After dodging some all-too-eager clowns that shoved a small watch onto him, Darren was rammed into blindly by a familiar red, white, and yellow sight. Aleph seemed to act the very same as the Barry Darren knew from his own time, and seemed eager to try his luck with a new capture. Darren reluctantly agreed, thinking Lila could use the extra training.

Posted Image
What Aleph saw in the Staryu (Another Pokemon he'd not seen since Kanto) was beyond Darren, as it spent the battle simply hardening itself. However, constant applied pressure by Lila ensaring the Water Pokemon finally overcame it, cracking the center gem in the midst.

Posted Image
Beldum, on the other hand, proved a formidible threat. Lila struggled against the steel Pokemon, only managing another shockwave to keep it paralyzed before a wicked Metal Claw wounded the dragon. Quickly swapping, Kenpachi shown his worth by scorching the floating machine with a small fireball.

Posted Image
Aleph seemed to only express minor irritation at Darren's victory, quickly hopping up and shouting something about Orebough before Darren could reply. At the very least, Darren was glad neither team was terribly hurt or more. Searching about on this route, Darren heard a quick and soft cry, finding a lone Shinx hidden away behind a tree. Thinking it similar to Shuu the Marowak and how Darren first met it as a young Cubone orphan, Darren merely tapped it's forehead with a ball, marking it with a nickname he gave some thought over. Neku.

Posted Image
Darren found his next catch by utter suprise, once again tripping over it just a few steps within the small tunnel barring Route 203 and Oreburgh City. A quick little squeak of 'Diiiig~' told Darren all he needed to know about this catch, merely bopping it once with a Pokeball. Kina joined, much to Darren's annoyance at this meeting.

Posted Image
However, it was short lived. Nearing the end of the tunnel, Kina suddenly stopped after following Darren for a short while before being pulled under the ground, a few more trails of upturned dirt heading toward where she disappeared. Darren recognized it quickly, recoiling in genuine fright as he recalled the Diglett's Cave in Kanto on his first journey. It took Akane and Lila pursuing the various Digletts before the human could come back to his senses. Why....Why was he so terrified all of a sudden by the Mole Pokemon?

Posted Image
All Darren could do in silence was merely retreive Kina's limp body, choosing to give her a burial outside the tunnel. He had to continue, as much as he hated the thought. He never wanted to visit that tunnel, or the one in Kanto, again. Perhaps he was running from what he thought to be his own failures.

COMPLETED RUNS
NidoNidoRama
Collaborations

Zadikall
Member Avatar
I got dem moves like Jagger
This writing style is cool, Waiting for more..
Storm the front: Zadikalls Storm Silver Nuzlocke

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Pvt.Parts Lexandre Porkchop

Completed Runs

ColonelDarren
Member Avatar
Zadikall
Dec 17 2010, 11:15 AM
This writing style is cool, Waiting for more..
Might want to hold onto that thought until Monday or Tuesday.
COMPLETED RUNS
NidoNidoRama
Collaborations

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Completed Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply