Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We've got another adventure planned for you this week... three of them!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[COMPLETED]Sons of Three - Eldest: Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke Story Run; Dec 26: Trailer is up
Topic Started: Jan 20 2011, 08:58 PM (56,123 Views)
TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Cypher DS
Jan 25 2011, 07:38 PM
Ah. I Googled a quick list of 1975 comedies, and while "Holy Grail" was included, your joke was buried just a little too well for me to pick out.

I thought William's constant "running away" might be the reference, but if that were the case I suppose he would have been chased by a French Miltank.
I guess I'll have to be more clear next time - ah well, my fault for picking such a small detail.

Oh, and I'm trying to have Chapter Eight out by tomorrow night. I updated twice yesterday and all, but once a day is my more realistic schedule. If fact, every now and then it may go down to once every two days... :ugh:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Epsi
Member Avatar
Needs to do laundry at some point.
THIS IS PURE AWESOME. No kidding, like, I have no other words with which to describe your story, except maybe PURE GOLD. Or yellow. Or sicknasty.

Oddly enough, the beginning of the story reminded me of Star Wars. Epsiodes 4-6 are definitely reflected in the storyline, whether you meant it or not.

Right, so don't stop writing. You've got something magnificent going on here.
Hello. Let's play some music.

Psyche
Member Avatar
LOOK FURRETS
I really like this, so I hope you keep at it :3
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Replies!
Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Chapter Eight

Now a few thoughts on Chapter 8...
WARNING, read chapter 8 first!

Hope you guys enjoyed 8! Looking forward to writing 9!!
Edited by TrainerBOB, Dec 29 2011, 07:40 PM.
Posted Image

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Chapter Nine

YES! That's right! Chapter 9 is out early!!!

And now, a few thoughts:
Warning! Read Chapter 8 first

Stay posted! :D
Edited by TrainerBOB, Dec 29 2011, 07:41 PM.
Posted Image

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Part Three

Preface

Yes - told ya it wouldn't take too long. Hope you enjoyed it, these diaries entries of Professor Oak are getting to be my favorites to write.
Edited by TrainerBOB, Jan 27 2011, 08:15 PM.
Posted Image

Psyche
Member Avatar
LOOK FURRETS
I'm getting a feeling Jimmy did something to all of the gym leaders ;_; Oak's diary pieces are interesting, I wonder how Jimmy will tie in with the main plot though. Your more anime-style battle is nice too, always more interesting to read than something regular.

Crystal story run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Psyche
Jan 27 2011, 05:05 PM
Oak's diary pieces are interesting, I wonder how Jimmy will tie in with the main plot though. Your more anime-style battle is nice too, always more interesting to read than something regular.

Thank you, they really are my favorite parts to write. I think part of the reason is because I generally enjoy writing in first person more than third person, but I knew with the plot I had in mind I couldn't do it in first person.

And the anime-style catch is right - I used to watch the TV show all the time when I was a kid and still do sometimes. I think the influenced me, and I have trouble writing it another way.

And:

Posted Image

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Chapter 10 is up!

There is a song-reference in this chapter. If you can figure it out, then I will award you 500 awesome points!*

Chapter Ten

*Awesome points have no real currency value and are worthless.
Edited by TrainerBOB, May 2 2012, 07:05 PM.
Posted Image

Psyche
Member Avatar
LOOK FURRETS
Misty's no Jenny. Now where are my awesome points?

They should have some value :(
Crystal story run!

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Psyche

Misty's no Jenny. Now where are my awesome points?

You win! If anyone still doesn't get it, the reference is the song "867-5309/Jenny" - which was Misty's phone number. It's catchy, though it might get stuck in your head.

And they SHOULD have some value. Hm...I'll think of something...

Anyway, I spent the morning playing up to Misty so I would have stuff to write about. Now I'm ready to write all of Part 3!

Here's Chapter Eleven :)

Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Keeping following - things get more exciting! There are lots of new friends coming up in Part 3, as well as some enemies. Plenty of Plot twists, and more information on "the three" as well. Also, some dying does happen, though I won't say how much. A few close-deaths too.

Predictions? Guesses?

Keep watching :)

Also, the title of this chapter has some significance. Can you figure it out? And no, it's not the actual sun, HAKHAKHAK.

Posted Image

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

And...Chapter Twelve is up!

Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

There MIGHT be another update tonight...I tend to have LOTS of more time on the weekends - sometimes. Sometimes, I have a lot less.

READ CHAPTER 12 First!

Also, I won't be revealing what the meaning of the title of Chapter 11 was for a few chapters. The name will be used again in a similar way that is symbolic, and I don't want to give away any surprises. Feel free to guess what it means still though :)
Edited by TrainerBOB, Jan 29 2011, 05:06 PM.
Posted Image

Psyche
Member Avatar
LOOK FURRETS
Swarms of Zubat in that cave indeed :(

Thinking of what the sun means, hrm.
Crystal story run!

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

I'll give you a hint, if you want it :)

Although, I won't say if your right or wrong until I write chapter 17 (I got everything outlined).

Hint
Edited by TrainerBOB, Jan 29 2011, 05:45 PM.
Posted Image

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Chapter Thirteen is up! WHOOP! Three chapters in ONE day.

Of course, I got like, no homework done today. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow? :x_x:

Totally worth it.

Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Some thoughts. Read Chapter 13 first

Also, sometime in the near future I'm going to be removing all the old stuff from the first post and editing old posts to post it inside. The main thread is somehow getting too big O.o

My readers may not even realize it. Just kind of giving everyone a heads up :)
Edited by TrainerBOB, Jan 29 2011, 07:25 PM.
Posted Image

Psyche
Member Avatar
LOOK FURRETS
Blood and death and Rockets oh my :) I'm liking this run more and more. Also very nice update speed.
Crystal story run!

QKNC
Member Avatar
its hard to be this sugoi okay
Pssst, here's a secret.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Deviantart -- Artsing Thread -- Tumblr

oops

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Replies
Posted Image

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Chapter 14 is up!

A team change happens in this chapter, so I posted a spoiler showing what my team's status was at the end of this chapter. But read the chapter first!

Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Read Chapter 14 first!

I will try to make a team update at the end of every chapter. Since I'm ahead right now in playing, I can't do levels because I can't remember where everyone is at. But I'll start adding levels to the notes I take while I play.

That's all, stay tuned for me! :D

(Oh, and over 500 views? :keke: )
Edited by TrainerBOB, Dec 29 2011, 07:48 PM.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Completed Written Story Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply