Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Sit down for some tea, and the featurers will find a run that's a match for you!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[COMPLETED]Sons of Three - Eldest: Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke Story Run; Dec 26: Trailer is up
Topic Started: Jan 20 2011, 08:58 PM (57,046 Views)
TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Replies!

Update time! After this its the epilogue! :keke:

This is a VERY short update, so I know it will be a relief compared to what y'all been reading:

Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Three

Leave me a comment and I'll love you forever! :heart:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hawkfire
Member Avatar
*helicopter hands off into the distance*

Like you said it was short, but it was a good, plotty chapter too.

Spoiler: click to toggle

tunglr
Large

LordQ
Member Avatar
Needs to be updated probably

Lovely chapters the both of them.

Looking forwards to the epilogue.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<
Banner coming soon!
Love the Fall

My random writings | Technologist (wt)

Ryua
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
I MISSED THE ENTIRE ELITE 4 BATTLES? AND CHAMPION?

Posted Image
Halfblood

Destroyanator
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Wow. i stop following this run closely for 1 month, and what happens? you update like 15 times.

Anyway, i think my thoughts on these last chapters are best show through a series of reaction shots:

When i saw that you'd updated, i was like: :lilcal:

Then, during the elite four fights, i was like: :ohdear:

When my predictions regarding Jimmy and Mewtwo came true, i was like: :coolshades:

and after i read the epilogue, i was like: :psyduck:

I'm very excited for your next run. keep up the good work.

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Wooo! Epilogue time! Replies first though.
Replies! :)

And now, I saved one of my favorite plot twists for last:

Epilogue
Epilogue

Some Final Thoughts

Anyway, that's all for now folks! Mods, I would be appreciative if you could leave this in the regular forms for a few days before moving it to Completed Runs.

Leave me a comment about the Epilogue, or make an exciting prediction, and stay on your toes. Oh, and one more things...

Just who is the second son? ;P
Posted Image

Posted Image Pillowcase Posted Image
Member Avatar
it me @ you

Def looking forward to the next one. The story and surprises of this run were amazing, so if what comes is as good/better, it's gonna be great.
SPECK
(updated 17.04.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW

MewKitten
Member Avatar
PSYCHIC PSYCHIC BENDY SPOONS
I LOVE this story. LOVE it. Joined the forum just so I could say that ^-^

oh yes, I also wanted to ask if you're planning a gold/silver or HG/SS prequel. or, if you've already started (or finished) it, can you point me in the right direction to find it?
Posted Image
WE WON KANTO!

PM me If you're interested in reading a log of a Wobuffet sololocke series. (because apparently I hate myself...)

Hawkfire
Member Avatar
*helicopter hands off into the distance*

Great ending, you wrapped up most of the characters stories well. Interesting seeing N though.
Looking forward to the video and the next run, if the twists are even better it's certainly going to be a great ride.

tunglr
Large

brindle891
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
I really enjoyed this run. I can't wait for the next installment!
This is where people put clever, witty one liners right? Yeah, working on it...

Destroyanator
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
what a way to end.

I have to comment on just one thing you said, though:
Quote:

I think in the sequel, the big plot twists won't be seen coming

to which I say: Come at me, Bro.

LordQ
Member Avatar

And so it ends. Looking forwards to the next one.
Banner coming soon!
Love the Fall

LeafiaDream
Member Avatar
Savvion
91:
Brabantio's death was so sudden that I had trouble understanding that it had actually happened and that he was actually dead. And it really surprised me that Eros was attacked, and then we left him hanging. I thought that he had died and I had read it wrong or something. o.o

Hooray for badass Mew-Des! :D Let's go beat up Jimmy now~

92:
Okay, and now we find out that Eros is actually alive. I was REALLY relieved to see that. ,:)
Virgilia's battle was very entertaining to read. She sounded annoyed but patient enough to wait her turn to go against Jimmy.
Tybalt's death...shocked me so much. I stopped and stared at the screen for a few minutes. How could he have died? Stupid Mewtwo's Psychic in the game... He was one of my favorites. :(

93:
Cyrus is portrayed in a very different way. I really like it. :) I do think that he will be a bit harsher when he's not with his "Master", which will put him more into the game's character. Ooh, I already feel sorry for the poor guy. :(

Epilogue:
N Harmonia. I wasn't expecting that at ALL. How cool that he helped Val, because in the game, he really only cared about the welfare of Pokemon. I can already tell I'm going to like his character.

I love how you wrapped up everything with the Gym leaders and the Elite Four. There was just a war, the main character just won a war, and look, we're cleaning up after ourselves. It's a nice bit of information that's sometimes forgotten in the excitement of ending a story.

And now, we move on to the next story.
The whole feel of this story was more like something that came completely out of your head. It didn't feel like a Nuzlocke at all. It almost seemed like William's Pokemon died only to add to the plot. You executed this really well, and I'm looking forward to more amazing plots in Hoen. :)

Good job on finishing it!
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Replies!

AND TRAILER TIME!!!

The trailer has been uploaded but youtube is slow for me right now so I haven't been able to check to see if its working. I don't know if its me or youtube.

Here is the link, let me know if its working for y'all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjuDPJ-vUBI

Let me try to put it in the post below here:

Also, Mods, feel free to move this to completed whenever :)
Edited by TrainerBOB, Dec 26 2011, 06:45 PM.
Posted Image

Psyche
Member Avatar
LOOK FURRETS
That feel when you finish a good book and are dying for the sequel... yup.

All dem final plot twists. Finding myself very interested in Iris now, and how she and N will tie into everything (as well as Val), especially since Hoenn is next.

Also it'd be amazing if you could make a little visual family tree for every relation that we know so far (or that we think we know) :D Looking forward so hard to the next installment, great job on everything you've done!
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Psyche
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/single/?p=8491435&t=8440611
That feel when you finish a good book and are dying for the sequel... yup.

All dem final plot twists. Finding myself very interested in Iris now, and how she and N will tie into everything (as well as Val), especially since Hoenn is next.

Also it'd be amazing if you could make a little visual family tree for every relation that we know so far (or that we think we know) :D Looking forward so hard to the next installment, great job on everything you've done!
Thanks Psyche! :)

And ah yes! I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that! Thanks for reminding me Psyche! :)

A week or so before the sequel is released, there will be a post in this run that is composed of the following:
1). Plot Summaries for this entire run organized into each of the ten parts.
2). Individual Character Bios.
3). Individual Vocab Entries (The Civil War of Johto, The Ancient Prophecies, etc.)
4). Visuals that have family trees that include all known members. For those where a name is not known, there will be a question mark. For example, in the slot of Koga's oldest child, there will be a question mark. If there is a relative that has not yet been revealed (for example, lets say a child of Charlie Oak), then there will be no reference to the family tree whatsoever. Therefore, when you look at the family tree, it will appear that Charlie Oak is childless, but there may very will be a child that you just don't know about yet. Or Charlie really could be childless, but you won't know for sure until I reveal it. So, basically, I'm only going to remind you all of what has already been revealed.

That will all be in that post, organized in an orderly fashion! :) And if you forget I'm doing it, don't worry, in my very first post of my new run there will be a large reminder about this post and a direct link to it!

Thanks for reminding me to tell people about that Psych! :)

The sequel will be coming mid to late January, so keep on the look out for that guys.

In the meantime, you can head over to my blog on this forum, where once a day I will be posting a quote from what I am working on! It will be a good way for me to keep people excited in the sequel and keep me honest to keep writing! :)
Edited by TrainerBOB, Dec 26 2011, 07:11 PM.
Posted Image

Andaeus
No Avatar
Reformed Lurker
Great ending, and a bit of a surprise.

My Wild Guesses

Anyway, I'm very excited for the sequels. This one was already a fun read, and you've been steadily improving since the start, especially your battle scenes. You put more description in what the attacks are doing and how, rather than rattling off their names like a lot of people. And I really want to see how everything comes together.
The Monster and The Shepherd A written run of Platinum for the refined sorf of reader who enjoys a spoonful of napalm with their afternoon tea.

Comatose
Member Avatar
Champion of making you lose the Game
I like to read, but it's usually a pain for me to read off of a computer. Not sure why, i just usually don't do it. Because of this, i wasn't sure whether or not to check this run out. I'm very thankful that I did, though. This run has been an amazing rolllercoaster ride from beginning to end. The twists, cliffhangers, development, and just overall writing and storytelling style you have could rival professional writers. You've got a lot of talent, my friend, and I can't wait for the next run.

Also, A thought that just occoured to me, who is older, Chris or William? And by how much?
A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. Then you can focus on it and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you. And I mean hell...if you have to live the rest of your life in a memory...you might as well make it a good one.- Leonard Church, Red Vs Blue

LordQ
Member Avatar

I have to ask Bob, what did you use for the background music for the trailer?
Banner coming soon!
Love the Fall

TrainerBOB
Member Avatar

Andaeus
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/single/?p=8491679&t=8440611
Great ending, and a bit of a surprise.

My Wild Guesses

Anyway, I'm very excited for the sequels. This one was already a fun read, and you've been steadily improving since the start, especially your battle scenes. You put more description in what the attacks are doing and how, rather than rattling off their names like a lot of people. And I really want to see how everything comes together.
Oh wow, thank you very much Andeaus, glad to have another reader :)
Replies

Comatose
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/single/?p=8491704&t=8440611
I like to read, but it's usually a pain for me to read off of a computer. Not sure why, i just usually don't do it. Because of this, i wasn't sure whether or not to check this run out. I'm very thankful that I did, though. This run has been an amazing rolllercoaster ride from beginning to end. The twists, cliffhangers, development, and just overall writing and storytelling style you have could rival professional writers. You've got a lot of talent, my friend, and I can't wait for the next run.

Also, A thought that just occoured to me, who is older, Chris or William? And by how much?
Thanks Comatose, that's so nice of you! :heart:

And regarding your thought, I've seemed to have never actually reveal it or actually thought about it...
I would have to say that William is older. However, I can see where your train of thought is going, and the fact that William is older than Chris is irrelevant.

LordQ

I have to ask Bob, what did you use for the background music for the trailer?
Its called Ice Fight by Jeff Williams. Its on the online web series, Red vs. Blue, which is fitting, because certain plot elements in that web series have influenced me slightly in a new plot development in the Second Son.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Completed Written Story Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply