Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
It doesn't matter how reckless you are - you really shouldn't abandon reading this week's feature.
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to Nuzlocke Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokemon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find out that, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What Grinding system, in your opinion, should I imploy?
User System 0 (0%)
TP System 2 (18.2%)
Gym System 4 (36.4%)
Sacrificial System 1 (9.1%)
None of them 0 (0%)
All of them 4 (36.4%)
I have one of my own... (Followed by a post? :3) 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 11
Pokemon LG Nuzlocke - Video Series - Overtime!; Overtime Finale: Farewell, my friend...
Topic Started: Feb 13 2011, 05:50 PM (1,575 Views)
sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Posted Image

Teh Rulez

Fanartz!

The Series

Posted Image

Teh amended Rulez for Overtime

The Overtime Series!

I'm taking the 'Grind like hell!' phrase to a whole new level! Whoooo! :v:
Edited by sppedfreak, Nov 29 2011, 06:47 PM.
Posted Image
Now with 3 for 2 offers on eye bleach!

Past Runs
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
I do this for my own enjoyment! :3:

The Next Part

There might be a part 15, but it's taking one heck of a long time to process. :=/: I fear it might've frozen. If it has, I'll have to wait another time to re-upload it. Don't really feel like trying again today... Otherwise, I'll edit this post with the link once I get it up and running.

EDIT: There we go! :keke: Yay for being lazy! Part 15 is here now too. Enjoyness!
Edited by sppedfreak, Feb 15 2011, 02:42 PM.
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Ah, Beedrill, how I hate thee so much!

Much hate resides here!

This game hates me, that's all I can say...
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Fumbling around Rock Tunnel without Flash... It's not fun... :=/:

The Fumbler

Next stop: Lavender!
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
So apparently I can hit fate by being Fully Paralyzed 4 times in a row. Yet opponents are able to get a minimum chain of no Paralysis over 7 turns? ... WHAT?!? :shakehead:

My rage is building!

Rager's gonna rage!

It was also that battle that spurred on the grinding that happened after these parts! :v:
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Post Chain: 5

:v:

Got a bit of a confession. When I started the grinding, I originally thought that the Pokemon in the Hideout and gym in Celadon were in the low-30's. As such, I grinded to around LV 40 at a result.

... Yeah... I should probably look these things up instead of assuming... :ohdear:

The pain begins now!

Coming up next time is the finale of the Gym, and probably Pokemon Tower too...
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Pre-Link post

Silence is Golden

I have nothing more to say right now... So excuse me while I find a dark corner to cry in.
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Bit of a rush today! Sorry! :sweatdrop: I forgot I had planned something with someone today...

Spoiler: click to toggle

The trip to Fuschia begins. Anyone who has played the first gen knows how long it takes!
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
So it turns out all this time that I've been spelling 'Fuchsia' wrong. Why didn't anyone ever tell me?! :crying:

Route Trekkin'

I probably wouldn't have minded the Confusion so much, if it wasn't for the fact that ALL the damage came from it. :ohdear: Annoying...

Anyway, now the grinding begins for the next parts. Just thought I'd say so to keep in the spirit of what this is actually supposed to represent! If you don't like it for its 'close to death'ness, then appreciate it because it's showing how stupidly awesome I am at grinding! *Shredded by Scyther's* :v:
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Done! Let's hope it was enough. *Implying I didn't have these parts finished before the previous parts*

Next on the agenda is the Koga battle, and then stuff in Saffron.
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
We're gonna steam rolls dese Rockets! They won't know what hit 'em! Same thing when they did it to Drasen! :wooper:

In a loop

As for Koga, I was wanting a Burn... Though what happened is just as sufficient. :coolface:

Next time, we explore the Silph Building in greater terms. Oh yes, no Rocket-Siding idiot will escape my Pokemon's wrath! :v:
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
The liberation continues! 3 parts of nothing but beating up rockets and random scientists! :wooper:

How the war was won...

On another note, is there an actual purpose for the whole 'Four Rocket Brothers' thing? Or is that nothing more than a random side-show?

EDIT: Oops. Forgot. Next up on the list is the Giovanni rematch, and more than likely the Sixth gym.
Edited by sppedfreak, Mar 11 2011, 05:10 PM.
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Around part 25-ish, I was asked the question why I keep moves such as Growl and Leer and other low-end stat decreasing moves on my Pokemon if I never use them. I tried explaining my case...

But to be quite fair, Part 43 explains my case a whole lot better than I could ever form in words. To put a long story short: Tail Whip from Eddy, and Growl from Raize, saved both of their lives! :keke: Bet you've never heard of Growl/Tail Whip being used as life-saver moves now have you?

It wasn't the most peaceful and 'perfect' battle I could've had, but it certainly beats losing someone thanks to it any day!

Next on the agenda is the Sabrina battle... And I'd say what comes after that, but I've forgotten and can't remember! :ohdear: So it'll be a mystery for us both!
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
I've now remembered what happens after Sabrina! :v: Pretty much what you all might have thought...

On another note, Eddy is now in the percentage of top-ness! :3:

Tasty Volvic!

... I really wish I made that reference... Ah wells. Next on the agenda is stumbling around and getting lost in the burnt out mansion! :sweatdrop: The joy!
Edited by sppedfreak, Mar 16 2011, 08:15 AM.
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Can be rather refreshing to somehow have a thread all to meself! Relaxing too. :sweatdrop:

On another note, who declared that the mansion would have two exits? Talk about confuse me! :v:

Magical mansion of stuff!

To be honest, I'd be more surprised if someone actually watched the four parts and not skip any of them. :krn:

Next time, Blaine shall see how Lestor rolls!
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
I have an hour of free time today! So I decided I'd upload a vid! :keke:

I doubt I should really hide the fact that I beat Blaine, though not without a slight scare. :ohdear: It was this fight that gave me more incentive to train a little later... Which is coming very shortly, I will add... Though not just yet!

Blazing Blaine!

Next up on our 'To Pwn' list, we begin the cleanse of the Sevii Islands!
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Cleaning up shop with random odds and ends that need clearing up. Sevii Islands, not worth mentioning about... And clearing out the area of trainers with which I plan on training in!

Pre-Grind Stuph

Alright, seeing as this training is already done (As is all the recording...), there really isn't any reason to wait for me to finish the training I've already done. And if you think this series has not yet earned the title of 'Grindan like Madden' yet, hopefully the upcoming parts will change that. :sweatdrop: If not, I'll probably need another title for this thing...

After training, I plan on putting the hurt on Giovanni in ways that even he wishes I didn't! And it will be fun fun FUN... For me! :coolface: He probably won't like it so much...
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
So, the three things you should never forget when doing a Nuzlocke run is:

- Never Give Up!
- Never Forget!
- Grind Like Hell!

So, 'grind like hell' is precisely what I did! :3: Most people who I showed this to before uploading it thought I was insane! Was it all worth it? .... The ability to kick to make Giovanni look like my personal pet as revenge? ... Oh yeah! It was SO worth it! :v:

No Holds Barred!

I told you guys I would be grinding... I told you I wanted to prove the name of this series... And I think I might have become a good contestant in that factor. :coolshades: Regardless, this is all the grinding I do for this series, it's nothing but straight end-game stuff from here-on.

Next up is Victory Road!
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
This is another one of those sets of vids where it is more-or-less incredibly dull and only one thing happens! Why are caves so dull?

Victory Road!

On a vaguely similar note, someone asked me on Youtube what moves my Pokemon had coming into the Elite Four. I'll list it here too in vague hopes of entertainment! :v:

Tyrone - Strength, Growl, Flamethrower, Brick Break
Doltha - Brick Break, Screech, Aerial Ace, Thrash
Eddy - Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Shadow Ball, Hyper Fang
Raize - Drill Peck, Growl, Steel Wing, Pursuit
Ventos - Razor Leaf, Secret Power, Acid, Stun Spore
Lestor - Strength, Protect, Surf, Mud Shot

And there ya go. Next up is the Elite Four! The finale has arrived! :wooper:
Posted Image

Past Runs

sppedfreak
Member Avatar
A hidden strength...
Alright, it's time for the one a day thing! Five champions, five days, five videos! Let's dive right on in shall we? :v:

First on the chopping block is Lorelei. And taking up the role of De-Icer, is Doltha! Be sure to use Protection!

Part 61: Doltha Versus Lorelei

Coming up next time is battle numero two. Which we'll see (Frank) Bruno take on the weakest team member move-wise: Ventos! Can she redeem herself from those horrible past captures?
Posted Image

Past Runs

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fan Challenge Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply