Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
It doesn't matter how reckless you are - you really shouldn't abandon reading this week's feature.
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to Nuzlocke Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokemon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find out that, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ultra Hardcore Yellow Version, opinions please
Topic Started: Apr 2 2011, 03:20 PM (744 Views)
msasi98
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
I know this is pretty long, but I'm wondering if this is possible / not excruciatingly hard. I'm gonna try it.

Battle Style = Set

POKEMON YELLOW HARDCORE NUZLOCKE

NUZLOCKE:
1. Pokemon faint = release it a.s.a.p.
2. You can only catch the first (non-banned) pokemon (that you haven't caught before) that appears in each new area. If you fail to catch it for any reason, too bad.
3. Second rule applies to Snorlax. If you encountered a pokemon on that route before, you can't catch the Snorlax after.
4. No pokemon from cities except Gift ones.

Safari Zone:
Only two safari zone runs.
1. Your first run of the safari zone is for HMs / items, etc. Ignore all pokemon.
2. In your second run, you can catch one pokemon you want, it doesn't have to be the first that appears. If you run out of steps (time), or fail to catch a pokemon, too bad.

Banned Pokemon:
You may not use / catch these pokemon (if they are first pokemon to appear in area, doesn't count as first):
1. Pikachu (as soon as you can catch a different pokemon, do so, and put pikachu in the box forever).
2. Dragonite (Dragonair and Dratini are allowed)
3. Chansey
4. Diglett / Dugtrio
5. Legendaries
6. Pure Psychic-type pokemon (Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Drowzee, Hypno, Mr. Mime)
---------------------------
Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle:
You may only receive one of these. Randomly decide which you receive (roll die, etc.) Ignore the other two.
6 sided die: 1-2 is Bulbasaur. 3-4 is Charmander. 5-6 is Squirtle.
Edit: you can't get bulbasaur because it requires pikachu happiness
----------------------------
Level Limit: All your pokemons max level is three levels lower than the next gym leaders highest level pokemon.
Vs. elite four: level limit is 56
Pokemon may exceed max level if they level up in said gym / elite four.
-----------------------------
Pokecenter Limit: only allowed three pokecenter heals per town. You are allowed one pokecenter heal at non-town pokecenters (like outside Mt. Moon).
-------------------------------
Move Type Limit:
Your party can only have the listed number of damage-dealing moves with these types:
Ice - one (example: among all moves in your party, there can only be one ice damage dealing move. No doubles of the same move - you can't have two aurora beams, flamethrower, etc.)
Fire - one
Psychic - one (Psywave doesn't count towards this, it typeless)
Water - two
Ground - two
Electric - two
All other types - no limit

If there is a point where this is impossible, like you have two pokemon with ice dealing moves because you just caught a new pokemon, you must choose one of those moves, and only use that move.

You can have as many non-damage dealing moves of any type that you want.
------------------------------
No Doubles: You can't have two of the same pokemon in your party.
-----------------------------
No Turning Back: no leaving a building / cave for heals until that area is complete / you get to other side (example: Silph Co, Mt. Moon, Victory Road, Rock Tunnel). No leaving a gym until gym leader is defeated.
----------------------------
Allowed:
1. HM slaves
2. EV training
3. Delaying evolution of a pokemon
4. Vs Elite Four: You are allowed 6 full restore vs the elite four, nothing else, and you can only use them outside battle.
5. Fossil pokemon
6. Gift pokemon
7. Any item / thing that is not banned or under "No"

Banned TMs:
TM36 - Selfdestruct
TM47 - Explosion

No:
1. Trading
2. Status healers or Potions - except the 6 full restores vs elite four, and, at the beginning of the game, you are allowed to buy 6 Antidote from Viridian City. These are the only Antidote you can use, and you can only use them outside of battle. Sell / ignore all other Antidote you find (keep track of how many Antidotes you used to avoid confusion).
5. PP Up
6. Ethers / Max Ethers / Elixir
7. X-Items / Guard Spec.
8. Revives / Max Revives
9. Repels

Rocket Corner: No Rocket Corner prize pokemon, and you can only get one of each TM from here.

Original post (ignore this)
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by msasi98, Apr 14 2011, 05:08 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

quarkyguy
Member Avatar
i am bear rawr

Definitely doable. The no status thing could be difficult with the E4, but I don't remember if the Hoenn E4 has any status abusers in it.
Successful Runs: Ruby, Fire Red Omega, Crystal, Pokemon Stadium, TRE, Legend Edition, Shiny Gold X, Bloody Platinum, Manly Pink

What is this I don't even - Pokemon Septo Conquest

Also...

Posted Image

Shadow31
Member Avatar
Resident nutcase

It's possible to win with any rules, really. Whether it's "too hard" or "too easy" is dependabt on your personal opinion.

I won't give my opinion, as I find the standard rules difficult enough. Clearly you find them easy, so my opinion matters not.
If you're going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

This is how I Minecraft, apparently. RELOADED (kinda)

Cypher DS
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Violet Gym
No items, no TMs, a cap on leveling - this seems pretty tough to me.

What strategies did you use in your previous runs that made them feel too easy, Msasi?
Posted Image
6/16 - A Spark of Sloth - Wattson's Story

msasi98
Member Avatar
Cypher DS
Apr 3 2011, 10:14 PM
No items, no TMs, a cap on leveling - this seems pretty tough to me.

What strategies did you use in your previous runs that made them feel too easy, Msasi?
being able to grind above gym leaders level made it too easy, item use outside battle or even in battle is way too easy for me

TO EVERYONE: I edited original post, I'm looking for opinions on the new challenge i want to try
Edited by msasi98, Apr 9 2011, 06:01 PM.

therationalpi
Member Avatar
Add therationalpi on Dream World!
This seems like too many rules to reasonably keep track of. I think you can simplify, while still keeping the level of difficulty you want (One use per pokecenter with no in-battle items would probably get you to where you want to be without all these extra rules). Still, it looks like you want a serious challenge that will make you EV train to succeed (I think you will have to to beat the gym leaders while being 3 levels below them).

The move type list strikes me as something to cut. RBY pokemon have shallow movesets, and with the standard Nuzlocke catch rules, you probably won't have much say in what your type representation looks like. Moreover, I don't think that will make things harder so much as just more difficult to track.

Also, remember that all the planning in the world can be undone by a single crit. This run will probably end badly.
My dreamworld name is therationalpi, friendcode is 1592-4254-5342, please add me so we can water eachother's garden's and swap berries...if you know what I mean. *wink wink*
My Nuzlocke Rules: Moemon FireRed

Utahraptor
Member Avatar
Fossil Trainer
This actually looks like a properly challenging run. In my opinion, boxing that Pikachu makes it a little easier since it's a pretty "meh" Pokemon, especially since it can't evolve. All in all these rules seem pretty reasonable, and as long as you keep track of everything, I don't forsee any issues. Good luck!
Avatar from: http://creattica.com/photoshop/velociraptor/30723

msasi98
Member Avatar
therationalpi
Apr 10 2011, 12:49 AM
This seems like too many rules to reasonably keep track of. I think you can simplify, while still keeping the level of difficulty you want (One use per pokecenter with no in-battle items would probably get you to where you want to be without all these extra rules). Still, it looks like you want a serious challenge that will make you EV train to succeed (I think you will have to to beat the gym leaders while being 3 levels below them).

The move type list strikes me as something to cut. RBY pokemon have shallow movesets, and with the standard Nuzlocke catch rules, you probably won't have much say in what your type representation looks like. Moreover, I don't think that will make things harder so much as just more difficult to track.

Also, remember that all the planning in the world can be undone by a single crit. This run will probably end badly.
good points. ill remove the move type limit and alter some to simplify

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Challenge Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply