Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Pride Month Create-a-thon has now begun! Don't forget to check out Featured Fan Runs - this run really shouldn't be Lost in the Stream!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jet's Black Nuzlocke OA; A Pokemon Black Comic Run: Monthly Updates!
Topic Started: Jun 28 2011, 06:20 AM (78,791 Views)
Trollkitten
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Just going to say that I read through this comic and it's really good. I feel badly for Jet and all she's been through.
Pokemon Burst: Blue Moon -- UPDATES TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS
Omega Wonder: an Omega Ruby Wonderlocke -- COMPLETED
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Hey Troll Kitten, thanks for reading, I'm really glad you like it, and don't feel bad for Jet...It doesnt get better.

And eWorm, I think you're right, I should def keep posting links to the Q&A answers here, it wouldnt be fair if I didn't, but I wasn't sure if I should keep posting the whole thing here, because it stretches the page. Plus the images I load to DA are too large, and I'm not posting the whole things on Tumblr, so I'd have to find another platform to post them to in order to get them on here. If more people want me to put the answers in their entirety here in the thread then I will, but otherwise it's easy enough for you to click through to read.

Speaking of which:
N's Q&A

And as for your head canon about the stone, I think it works but it's a bit on the nose, I don't even like the idea of Reshiram seeing Jet as a chosen one at all until the very end, hence why he takes so long to come out which should up the tension (like, jet's going up against impossible odds and she doesnt even know if she can get the dragon stone to work until the very end!). I dont want to give away anything else (mainly because nothing is set in stone until I draw it so it could change) but yeah, I appreciate your idea but it's just not the direction I want to take it.

I haven't read many locks this year, and the ones I did are bared for most of the categories, so voting has been REALLY hard. I did my best to contribute, so anyone who has even just one locke they would like to nominate please do. They will appreciate your vote, and it's a great way of helping boost awareness for lockes you love. I didnt even know about Folded until it won last year's extravaganza and now it's one of my favorites!

Kynim-sempai's last extravaganza probably oh what a world!

Anyway, I'll probably work on more Q&A stuff this saturday during my livestream, which I will start posting links to here (if i can remember) since i've finished the bat animation and am actually working on pokemon related stuff. I may simply delete the posts after the livestream so they dont clutter. If I dont work on pokemon stuff, I probably just wont post a link, but you are still welcome to join us! Hope to see you there!
Edited by Jet, Dec 7 2017, 09:41 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image Jet's Black Nuzsite Posted Image Deviant Art Posted Image Tumblr ArtBlog

Posted ImageFunniest ComicPosted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Oh, N. You wacky fellow. I'd say that he doesn't understand mega evolution at all, but that flies in the face of Alola's rather sinister mega evolution dex entries...

And yeah, I got that reference. I'm old too.
Posted Image
Thanks to the amazing Agent Nein for the banner!

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

Want to commission me for writing, proofreading, or consulting? Buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi! --> ko-fi.com/P5P2DS8Y

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Posted Image
Posted Image

heh heh heh this was fun
Posted Image
Posted Image Jet's Black Nuzsite Posted Image Deviant Art Posted Image Tumblr ArtBlog

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Swapping not only clothing, but also headmons? There we go
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

Want to commission me for writing, proofreading, or consulting? Buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi! --> ko-fi.com/P5P2DS8Y

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

I was not ready for that heart attack when I asked for this. I can't decide which one's cuter. Just kidding, it's Bianca, Bianca outcutes everyone, always, under any circumstances
Super Type Chart ˇ Perfect Type Chart? ˇ Repel Trick 100%

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

July's Q&A Answers are posted!
Posted Image
Edited by Jet, Dec 21 2017, 05:22 PM.
Posted Image

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Posted Image
Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Omg, poor little Sandile xD

That'll teach you to be sneaky and run off, I guess
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Heh heh, ah he'll be fine XD

Firedog's Q&A
Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

C'mon, Firedog. Lighten up. You know what they say--scowl too much and your face'll get stuck that w--oh. Oh, no. :T
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

Okay, I know it's long over the Q&A date, but I need to see Firedog's reaction to this song... From a safe distance, I want to live.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Posted Image
Episode 56

Enter Skyla!

Happy New Year!
Edited by Jet, Dec 31 2017, 04:48 PM.
Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

I LOVE SKYLA IN THIS COMIC

The redesign with the jacket and the long hair is very fitting and really looks a lot more... pilot-y (?) than her weird strappy jumpsuit that shows up in her normal design. Her personality is also very chill, I love how lackadaisical she is about being caught in a tree.

And don't listen to her, Jet. She says "fly" but really she's just gonna chuck you halfway across an airplane hangar while you try to get a badge.
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

i hadn't thought much about what to do with skyla until kinda recently so i'm glad you like her so far!!!

I love the idea of her teaching jet to fly being her gym canons! not what i was going for but the thought is amazing XD
Posted Image

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Woah! Hey! I won silver! : D Thank you everyone for voting and I'm definitely gonna check out some of the winners that I haven't read yet. Hope I can keep making you laugh and cry this year and I look forward to where the story is going!

:V: :V: :V: :V: :V: :V: :V:
Edited by Jet, Jan 21 2018, 11:40 AM.
Posted Image

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Posted Image

notes
Posted Image

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

Jet.
Real talk.
You were born into this world to create cartoons.
Even if you just made storyboards or something, it would result in a stunning visual marvelpiece. Reading this comic I literally forget I'm looking at still images. The poses, the expressions, the layout, the angles, it all screams animation and what gorgeous animation it is! You put professional stuff that's out there - even the good stuff - to shame with this, especially considering you also know how to create characters, environments, stories and jokes that fit your style perfectly. I know I might be putting some pressure on, but I don't care, this is the best storytelling-art I've seen and I can hardly believe you're not at the top of the industry. Seek out the job, girl. You would kill it.

Or not, it's a comment on the Internet, maybe don't shape your entire life after it. But I mean every word.

I don't mind how long the episodes get or how slow the in-game story moves along. You shouldn't either. This is all pure gold.

Skyla is lovable (makes me think of Yoko from Gurren Lagann here, I guess Jet is fairly Simon-esque in her insecurity), Firedog grows into a surprisingly paternal figure ("bad dad" to Sir Francis's "good dad"?), even Major is getting some development - though he keeps to his "barely there" style in how he finishes the Gym Leader's ace completely off-screen, I like that. And Lil'Dog got brought back for a hot minute, how awesome!

A violent "YOU THINK?!" would make a fun catch phrase for Jet. She deals with a lot of stuff that would warrant using it, let's be honest.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

thanks eworm, that's very kind of you to say! it's very encouraging! ;w;

oh dear, i'm not sure what to do, everyone seems to think the swanna at the end was skyla's, but it's just a random one. the reason it fell out of the sky will be shown later. oh dear. i guess i'll fix it to make it more clear tonight. i could either add major back into the scenes or have skyla's swanna stick around. or both? tho i feel like it would crowd the page. i dunno, i'll try to think of something...

I love the idea of jet having a catchphrase like that XD i didnt even realize i put it in twice until you mentioned it haha
Edited by Jet, Jan 29 2018, 01:14 PM.
Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

SKYLA YOU NEED TO CHILL

Seriously, I love what you've done with the character--not just the design (flight jacket and long hair ftw) but also her characterization! Good to see her getting out of that rut. And that poor little guy scared for his life as he's falling--I want to have pity, but a big part of me is laughing xD
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Adventures · Next Topic »
Add Reply