Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Featurettes are back!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jet's Black Nuzlocke OA; A Pokemon Black Comic Run: Monthly Updates!
Topic Started: Jun 28 2011, 06:20 AM (77,557 Views)
Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

It's easier to laugh when you know nothing bad happened XD and Skyla knows no chill!
Jet
Jan 29 2018, 10:50 AM
Posted Image

notes
Bump for the new page
Edited by Jet, Feb 2 2018, 03:00 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image Jet's Black Nuzsite Posted Image Deviant Art Posted Image Tumblr ArtBlog

Posted ImageFunniest ComicPosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Posted Image

Much love! Thanks for the valentine! (What a delightfully sweet surprise!)
Posted Image
Posted Image Jet's Black Nuzsite Posted Image Deviant Art Posted Image Tumblr ArtBlog

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Posted Image

had to post and run earlier so i didnt get a chance to leave any comments. I know the last episode was a little confusing as to what happened in the end, so if you didnt already go reread it because i changed it up a little just to make it make a little more sense.

mr candle was caught and then never used, so even in my first draft he never really left the tower. i spent a ton of time trying to figure out how he could get caught by jet and then still end up staying in the tower, but then i decided he didnt really need to be caught.

I don't know if anyone remembers the DA group PMD-E, but I always loved the idea that some ghost pokemon were once living other pokemon that had died.

thanks for reading!
Edited by Jet, Feb 28 2018, 07:29 PM.
Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Awww, what a lovely update! It's heartwarming in a different way from the usual updates that runs usually try for when they go to the gravesites. Also, Jet's just a real good person, isn't she? I'm sure the spirits will remember her kindness.
Posted Image
Thanks to the amazing Agent Nein for the banner!

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

Want to commission me for writing, proofreading, or consulting? Buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi! --> ko-fi.com/P5P2DS8Y

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

thanks dee! a little kindness goes a long way!
Posted Image

Hayfever
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
I read the new featurette interview and immediately binged your whole comic! Really loving what you've been doing. Keep at it!
Mon Petit® or GTFO! A cat-tastic concoction of a former celebration of man's best friend with the cast of The Little Busters thrown in for hilarity.
Even I never realized I was this much of a weaboo!

My Dearest Friend: reminisce with an old man as he recalls his youthful misadventures
spanning across twenty years and seven generations! [Ultimate Communitylocke Season One]
For Want of Claritin®: a young boy's journey of self-discovery and chronic rhinitis [2016 Summer Communitylocke] (Completed)
Through Rosa-Filtered Lenses: an intrepid adventure to find the Pinkest of Pokémon! (Dead)

SilverDoe
Member Avatar

This is such a sweet page. I'm going to echo Dee in that I really love how much more uplifting of a take on visiting a gravesite this is. It's still sad, but it's also heartwarming. Leer is so adorable, and Firedog's smile when he grabs his hand just melts my heart. I love seeing them all gathering together as a team and as friends, and then working together to clean up the higher floors and bring a little more light and warmth to the tower. It's just so sweet and lovely to watch.

I fell off on commenting, but I've been reading your updates and really enjoying them still. Skyla was a lot of fun to meet and I'm looking forward to when Jet finds out she's the gym leader :P That ought to be fun. I liked the way you handled showing how Pokemon use Fly and addressing the issue of size. (Poor Firedog lol, but seeing Leer flying on Zoe was adorable and fun.)

Your characterization and art are still great, and I love reading this comic! I'm looking forward to more whenever it comes!
Posted Image
Banner made by Rainey!

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

It's great hearing from you SilverDoe! I do like seeing the whole team together more, but it takes so long to draw them all ;W; but in any case, always a pleasure whenever you get a chance to comment! Thanks a bundle!

Posted Image
Episode 59...

I dunno when I came up with the idea of making Jet a pokemon ranger, but I noticed she gets really excited about helping people. Remember Keane in the desert? Also I know there's a difference between the pokemon rangers in the game of the same name and the ranger trainer class, here Jet is talking about the latter.
Posted Image

piyostoria
Member Avatar
Storyteller of the Two Dragons

I honestly forgot Rangers are a thing xDD That's a nice choice for Jet!

Also heya I haven't commented in a while, I finally caught up! I honestly love these scenes with Skyla ;w; especially when Jet rushed in to stop another one of her pokemon from falling that just made me so emotional asdkjlfsalkdjf--
Oh oh also the scene with the ghost in Celestial Tower! aaaaahhh that hurt me ;;;w;;;

Felt good catching up with your updates, good luck on your next updates! :D
Posted Image
DeviantArt | ArtBlog Tumblr | Pokemon-only Tumblr | Personal Tumblr

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

!!!! A pokemon ranger!

To be honest, that seems like a perfect fit for Jet. She's an adept traveler and very clearly loves pokemon. It's intriguing--I don't know if I've ever seen a run key into a specific class for its main character like that. I definitely now wonder what the story is behind all of the other pokemon rangers in the region... did they have stories similar to get?

Skyla remains an excellent character. I love what you've done with her design and also her character. She's quite fun and a good mentor to Jet, and one of the better interpretations of a Gym Leader that I've seen in a run! I'm almost sad to move on past the point of the story where she isn't part of the narrative anymore.

And I see that PMD ref, Jet

I see it
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

Want to commission me for writing, proofreading, or consulting? Buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi! --> ko-fi.com/P5P2DS8Y

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Hiya Piyo! Where's the next update eh? XD thanks for chiming in, always a pleasure

I'm sad to leave skyla behind too, dee45, but all good things will come to an end.

Speaking of which, it's finally here, the last update!
Posted Image
Episode 60

Oh man! The final episode! I can't believe it's finally complete!

I want to thank everyone for reading, I know it's a little unexpected but I really think this is as far as the story needed to go. Jet's completed her character arch, and rather then force some kind of destiny child save the world plot I'm gonna keep it down to earth and simple. I hope you liked this final episode, it's a bit short but I had to get it out in time for today. It's a very special day after all! HAHAHAHAHA
Edited by Jet, Apr 11 2018, 09:42 PM.
Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

The perfect ending. Nothing more needed. Every loose end tied up.

*slow claps*

Today... is a truly momentous day.
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Haha happy april fools guys, hope you enjoyed the bonus joke episode. now for the real part two to episode 59:

Posted Image

The only real reason I split the episode up was because it was too long, it was supposed to be all one episode and in fact I planned for it to go a little longer. but the team's little celebration at the end there was so nice I decided to just leave it at that.

July and Major's new designs were tricky, but i love how they both kinda have kamina glasses now, sorta carrying on the fighting spirit Bottles left behind. Really the whole second part is just a battle for them to be able to evolve, I hope it was fun and exciting for you, this'll probably be the last we see of Skyla, depending on how the next episode plays out.

Just a heads up, I'm trying to decide right now whether or not I want to open a patreon to help support this comic or if I should just put it on hold for a long hiatus while I work on other stuff. I'll still post an episode at the end of this month but you can expect an announcement one way or the other along with it. I just wanted to let y'all know so you arent surprised. As always I really appreciate your support in any way, and dont forget I stream on Saturday nights at 8pm on twitch so feel free to follow my twitter or tumblr to get notified when I do.
Posted Image

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

Posted Image
Episode 60 is SOOOOO LONG

episode notes

schedule update
Posted Image

deeforty-five
Member Avatar
THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE

Okay, so these were two great updates. I liked the fun intensity of the battle (especially Firedog wrecking the Swoobat) and the pokemon evolving. Both of the new designs are fantastic!

And then the following episode. N's coming around, but I see he still wants to separate pokemon, which is sad. I hope he sees the light. Also, I can't remember the last time we saw Ghetsis in your run, but that is one impressive chin, hot damn. I really liked Jet's pokemon sticking up for her. A quick question--if Jet can't understand pokemon, how is she surprised along with the pokemon that the Zorua can "talk"?

Also, I adore that Redeye is getting to do stuff other than chill in a bowl. Dude's my spirit animal.
Posted Image

Completed Nuzlocke Runs

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

@Deeforty-five, thanks for the comment! That's actually an excellent question. Dont forget N's Zorua can speak human, kind of like meowth from the anime. She spoke to the grunts back in Pinwheel forest. To Jet, it's amazing because the pokemon can talk talk, doesnt matter that she's a bird at the time, she could have been any pokemon and Jet would have still found it weird. The other pokemon find it stunning because "birds dont talk" so they're also like, what?!
Edited by Jet, May 1 2018, 02:52 PM.
Posted Image

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

Did... Did you just say Patreon? Guess I need a second job to stay alive!

Haven't commented in a while, real life biz. Still a bit of a mess, but I do read the updates and love them. Episode 60 was fantastic (duh, Firedog) and it's really cool to see N becoming less, rather than more antagonistic as the story progresses. That's rare in BW runs - but makes sense. I also like how Zorua's name not only mirrors N's by being a single letter, but is also the letter that resembles N when flipped 90 degrees. These two are close, right down to their names.

Glad to see Major lost none of his goofiness despite the epic fully-evolved new design.

If I had a single complaint, it'd be the utter lack of... backgrounds. I get it, they're not relevant to what the characters are talking about and the update was probably really difficult to finish on time anyway, since it's so long - and heck, I hate backgrounds myself... But it would help to draw something every couple panels at least. You said the Shadow Triad wouldn't be able to throw N up the Celestial Tower - but it seems like they were able to materialize a tree for him to hide in? A minor thing though. The important stuff was top-notch regardless.

Dang it, Lil'Dog, missed another chance to go with N. Not that it would make much sense this time, except maybe if N took him willingly, which, y'know, why would he do that and would Jet allow it... Nevermind.
Super Type Chart · Perfect Type Chart? · Repel Trick 100%

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jet
Member Avatar
ZeroPro

@eWorm, its good to see you still alive! and oh no, i hope you dont take it as a burden, you were partially what encouraged me to consider patreon finally (i had been pretty against it for a long time) but i dont expect you to actually donate if it's not easy! (that goes for anyone!)

I will work on including more backgrounds. the open space of the countryside sorta made me lazy to include even the smallest background detail but i will work on that in the future, you arent the only one who has pointed out my lack in that area XD
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Other Adventures · Next Topic »
Add Reply