Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Have you cast your Extravaganza nominations yet?
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pokemon Crystal Enhanced; Oh look a 2nd Gen hack you guys should Nuzlocke it or something; Version 1.7 has been FIXED!
Topic Started: Jul 13 2011, 07:59 PM (14,692 Views)
Fireburn
Member Avatar
Walkin' on air.
Introduction

3rd gen hacks are too standard so let's make a 2nd gen one yeah!

Alright, so basically this is a simple hack of Crystal in the vein of Fire Red Omega and Emerald 386 and stuff like that. I figured you guys could use a 2nd gen hack since they're not exactly common, y'know? :P

(Also because Crystal is the best Pokemon game js)

Overview of Changes

-All 251 Pokemon are obtainable.
-The game is more difficult. Levels and rosters of all Trainers have been changed.
-Some Pokemon have received retypings and buffed level-up movepools.
-Some Move effects have changed.
-Some new TMs.
-Some Marts sell different things now.
-New Starters. (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)

Stat Changes (Alphabetical Order)

Move Changes

Level Up Movepool Changes (Dex Order)

Evo Method Changes

Retypings

TM Changes

That should cover it all I think.

Download

Get the IPS Patch (also known as the legal way) for Version 1.7 here.

Changes in 1.7 from the original.

Changes in Version 1.6 from the original.

Changes in Version 1.5 from the original.

Changes in Version 1.4 from the original.

Changes in Version 1.3 from the original.

Changes in Version 1.2 from the original.

Rosters of all Major Battles

Rosters of Major Battles for Version 1.6

Things left to do:

-Nothing!

Special Thanks To

-miksy91 on Pokecommunity for teaching me how to hex edit, showing me where to get tools, and being a generally cool person (and being the main Crystal hacker).
-IIMarckus on Pokecommunity for his helpful GSC hacking tutorials.
-Wiznatts for teaching me how pointers work and for beta testing.
-Icy, Tenrai, Moti, and the rest of the PO Community for testing and giving me feedback.
-BlazeMarshall, for giving me honest feedback on things I screwed up. That was really helpful.
-Everyone else who beta tested, glad you enjoyed the hack. :3:

Enjoy!
Edited by Fireburn, Oct 2 2011, 09:43 AM.
fan art

Bored? Love Gen 2? Give Pokemon Crystal Enhanced a try!

"I didn't know the lilting tones of banshee spawn were music to the ears of most." - EmeraldOx, avatar creator, talking about children.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlazeMarshall
Member Avatar
Gimme your best shot.
My one request with this, if you could, in a future update: Raise the level of Kanto in general. Aside from the gyms, your rival, and Mt. Silver, levels stop increasing dead in their tracks once you hit route 27 or so. The highest level pokemon I saw in Kanto that didn't fit one of the above descriptions was level 34, almost 20 levels below my team at that point, and that was a trainer with only one Pokemon, and trainers like that generally have that one Pokemon at a fairly high level to compensate. Most trainers I saw were around 25-30.

Give people a REASON to go to Kanto, levels-wise.

I'll definitely be giving this a shot, though.
Edited by BlazeMarshall, Jul 13 2011, 08:33 PM.
Blaze's Miscellaneous Stuff

Posted Image
Part 29, updated October 14! Operation Liberation - time to save Saffron!
-----
Blazing the Trail: Starcraft Mass Recall, Retro Edition! A video playthrough of the Starcraft 1 campaigns... in Starcraft 2!

Fireburn
Member Avatar
Walkin' on air.
BlazeMarshall
Jul 13 2011, 08:29 PM
My one request with this, if you could, in a future update: Raise the level of Kanto in general. Aside from the gyms, your rival, and Mt. Silver, levels stop increasing dead in their tracks once you hit route 27 or so. The highest level pokemon I saw in Kanto that didn't fit one of the above descriptions was level 34, almost 20 levels below my team at that point, and that was a trainer with only one Pokemon, and trainers like that generally have that one Pokemon at a fairly high level to compensate. Most trainers I saw were around 25-30.

Give people a REASON to go to Kanto, levels-wise.

I'll definitely be giving this a shot, though.
All of the Trainers in Kanto have been buffed. I just haven't gotten to the Wild pokes yet. :P
fan art

"I didn't know the lilting tones of banshee spawn were music to the ears of most." - EmeraldOx, avatar creator, talking about children.

BlazeMarshall
Member Avatar
Gimme your best shot.
YES

Totally starting up a game of this right this minute.
Edited by BlazeMarshall, Jul 13 2011, 08:46 PM.

Posted Image
-----
Blazing the Trail: Starcraft Mass Recall, Retro Edition! A video playthrough of the Starcraft 1 campaigns... in Starcraft 2!

Hotrod198
Member Avatar
Pokevolution Activate!

This sounds awesome. One question though: Are you going to tell us what Gym changes have happened? Or is it a secret so we perish at the level 20 Lugia on Falkner's team?
Posted Image

Check out my new Nuzlocke :) Prologue and Chapter 1 out now!

Old Stuff

Fireburn
Member Avatar
Walkin' on air.
Hotrod198
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/single/?p=8376070&t=8544349
This sounds awesome. One question though: Are you going to tell us what Gym changes have happened? Or is it a secret so we perish at the level 20 Lugia on Falkner's team?

I'll post the levels tomorrow. :v:

Don't worry about Falkner having a Lugia though.
fan art

Hotrod198
Member Avatar
Pokevolution Activate!

Sweet. But for now... I'm going in Blind. Unless I fail misreably at the first gym and rage quit...

Yay for no Lugia early on!

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Hotrod198, Jul 13 2011, 09:43 PM.
Posted Image

Old Stuff

BlazeMarshall
Member Avatar
Gimme your best shot.
Hotrod198
Jul 13 2011, 08:57 PM
Sweet. But for now... I'm going in Blind. Unless I fail misreably at the first gym and rage quit...

Yay for no Lugia early on!

Posted Image
-----

Hotrod198
Member Avatar
Pokevolution Activate!

Posted Image

Old Stuff

BlazeMarshall
Member Avatar
Gimme your best shot.
...This hack is VERY unfriendly.

Details of just how and why this hack is unfriendly. Various trainer spoilers ahoy.

This hack really isn't suited for Nuzlocking, not with the sort of shit it throws at you this early on. It's too cruel right off the bat.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, what the fuck is with the Azumarill buff? That seems pretty random and arbitrary and makes me suspect a STRONG bias to just randomly TRIPLE its physical attack stat.
Edited by BlazeMarshall, Jul 13 2011, 11:52 PM.

Posted Image
-----

Shinymon
Member Avatar
The Writer Who Doesn't Write

He did it to make up for huge power (I think)

Fireburn
Member Avatar
Walkin' on air.
Shinymon
Jul 14 2011, 02:47 AM
He did it to make up for huge power (I think)
Yeah, after the Huge Power multiplier Azu's Attack is roughly equal to base 150.

I'll probably make the early game ease up on the gas in the next update, this is my first hack so that prolly explains the weirdness lol. :X
fan art

Shinymon
Member Avatar

Nah, just make a easier version of it.
:3

Hotrod198
Member Avatar
Pokevolution Activate!

I think only the first two gyms should be slightly easier as well as the routes. And if you want proof on how hard it is, I have a Charizard and im only just challenging the second gym. its still fun to play, ill give you that. but any trainer with bulbasaur is utterly screwed for life.
Posted Image

Old Stuff

Shinymon
Member Avatar

Keep this version as the 'Hard Version' and make a easier version.
More fun for everyone imo.

Kurono-san
Member Avatar
Conqueror of Alph Ruins

Hard =/= High levels.

Unfortunately, my hack is both right at the beginning, so I can't say that much. Just... lower the levels, please

charliemew2
Member Avatar
Later Nuz
FIREBURN IS DOING A HACK!?

*Downloads*

I'll have to try it later, but not right now. Sounds hard though.
Former mod for FCR, studying game design. no longer active.

Miss ya'll

BlazeMarshall
Member Avatar
Gimme your best shot.
The problem with making up for Huge Power is that it's the ONLY Ability you're really able to duplicate, and it seems rather unfair.

Aside from that, honestly, raw levels are all well and good (though personally I'm not a huge fan of hacks that end up simply being a massive grind-fest... moreso than usual, I mean), but casually tossing evolved Pokemon at the player this early on can be really, really painful, especially when they're given really powerful moves.

trainer spoilers again, I guess

Posted Image
-----

Fireburn
Member Avatar
Walkin' on air.
BlazeMarshall
Jul 14 2011, 09:55 AM
The problem with making up for Huge Power is that it's the ONLY Ability you're really able to duplicate, and it seems rather unfair.

Aside from that, honestly, raw levels are all well and good (though personally I'm not a huge fan of hacks that end up simply being a massive grind-fest... moreso than usual, I mean), but casually tossing evolved Pokemon at the player this early on can be really, really painful, especially when they're given really powerful moves.

trainer spoilers again, I guess
Alright, I'll make sure to fix these things in the next version. The Azumarill and Gyarados will be replaced with weaker Pokemon, and I'll probably de-evolve the Graveler into a Geodude. I will also try to insert a Lucky Egg (possibly) early on to make up for the steep level curve to make grinding less of a chore.

Thank you for playtesting and being honest. :v:
fan art

BlazeMarshall
Member Avatar
Gimme your best shot.
One small note, there's a single trainer in Ilex forest that you missed, he's got a Ledyba and a Paras, around 8-9 or so.

Posted Image
-----

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Completed Hacks · Next Topic »
Add Reply