Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
It's time to shine a spotlight on runs again!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pokemon Alternate Evolutions!; Final version uploaded!
Topic Started: Jul 18 2011, 01:28 AM (35,022 Views)
TheEdgeOfForever
Member Avatar
charliemew2 sucks
Hey! Welcome to my first (and probably last) hack!

Some time ago there was an "Alternate Evolutions" thread and somebody suggested to make a hack out of it, so the last couple of weeks I worked on it and here I present the outcome!

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you post in this thread, any information related to alternate evolutions MUST be posted in spoiler tags, since there are people that want to find them by themselves.

V3 Information:

Features:

1. Pokemon

- This hack offers a total of 272 Pokemon from generations I to V.
- A good amount of the Pokemon have different evolutions. Of the about 100 lines in the game, 40 have alternate evolutions.
- Because of the above, a lot of the Pokemon (if not all) have revised BST and Movesets. Also, all fully evolved Pokemon have decent stats, so don't subestimate the power of any Pokemon!
- Movesets were edited to be similar to Gen IV/V ones.
- Some Pokemon have new abilites, most of them from the DW.
- There are also a lot of typing changes. For example, Geodude is now pure Rock type.
- Starters are Chikorita, Charmander and Squirtle.
- Gift Pokemon have been changed. You no longer get Lapras in Silph Co or buy Magikarp in Route 4. Also, the Fighting Dojo prize is different (better). Eevee is still a gift mon.
- Pokemon you can buy from the Game Corner are different. In order, they are Abra, Jigglypuff, Tyrogue, Shuckle, Dratini (even if the game says otherwise).

2. Map and Plot

- Plot was left completely untouched.
- There is grass in some cities, explore!
- All places you can visit before visiting the Elite 4 are edited.
- Only the first 3 Sevii Islands are accesible.
- There is a new sidequet inserted into the game. It begins at Pewter City and ends after the Elite 4! I promise the reward for doing the quest is very very good.

3. Trainers

- All trainers have edited teams. I tried to make the game challenging but not impossible.
- Almost every route/cave has at least one "boss" trainer that is smarter than the rest, has better movesets and can use items. These "bosses" are usually the last of the route, but not always. So be prepared!
- There a few extra, "hidden", trainers, that give stuff. Battle them!
- There are two trainers in the posgame.

4. Gym Leaders

- All Gym Leaders have edited teams.
- All Gym Leaders have 6 Pokemon in their team.
- Gym Leaders have more items (read: Potions) than in the original games. Also, they use hold items.
- To avoid overleveling (or underleveling) I'll list here the levels and typing of the Gym Leaders:
Spoiler: click to toggle

5. Gary

- Gary will act like a normal trainer. That is, he will catch a lot of Pokemon, so you'll notice his team changes between battles. In fact, you may be surprised in the fight before Victory Road.
- Gary can be tough, so I also leave the levels of the rival battles here:

6. Giovanni

- He sucks in the real games, so his teams also change here. He uses 6 Pokemon in all battles. Levels are:

7. Known Bugs

None yet.

8. Some tips

- Don't overlook any Pokemon, since it may evolve into something cool.
- Use evolution stones! Also, all Pokemon that evolve from stones still keep learning moves so don't be afraid (though I recommend waiting for level 30 in most cases, since they usually don't learn anything before).
- Use the fishing rod(s). There are not many water Pokemon in the grass, and you get the old rod early. I changed the fishing encounters to allow you to get decent water types with every rod (Magikarp is still very common though).
- Talk to NPC's!
- And talk to the guy that gives advice in the gyms.
- Grass below Pallet Town is a grinding place.
- Explore places to find the secret trainers.
- The trainers' levels are hacked supposing you play the game in the next order (since Cerulean):

- Apparently, I made the hack quite hard. Honestly, I wanted to. So, if you don't like hard hacks, stay away from this, or don't bitch at me. I may have given some gym leaders nasty moves, but just face it, they are gym leaders, they are supposed to be strong without being entirely bullshit.

9. DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?g7goq5ompohaz9p

NOTE:
This file is a patch, not a ROM. To play you need to download a Fire Red ROM (use Google, don't be lazy) and then use LunarIPS to apply the patch to the ROM. If you aren't sure how to do this, ask in the official questions thread. Don't ask here and don't PM me.

OFFICIAL POKÉDEX: PART 1 | PART 2.

ROSTER INFORMATION: CLICK HERE.

Old V2

And that's it. Hope you people play it, Nuzlocke it (if you dare!) and comment here, suggesting changes or reporting bugs. Also, don't spoil the evolutions, or use spoilers!

Have fun!

P.D. Aviana is doing some sort of Alt Evo Dex, which can be found in this post: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/single/?p=8419195&t=8546459 . If you want to be surprised by the evolutions, DON'T CHECK IT. And if you want to contribute, PM her with SCREENSHOTS. For V2 evolutions, check this one: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/single/?p=8455985&t=8546459 .
Edited by TheEdgeOfForever, Mar 14 2012, 01:01 PM.
Current Run: The End of a Metrilogy.

Storyshots
Soul Silver Nuzlocke Run, Platinum Enhanced Nuzlocke Run.
Lost Emerald.

Silly Runs

Alternate Evolutions V1 Nuzlocke Run.
Only Metronome Run Part 2!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SleepyPyromancer
Member Avatar
They/Them pronouns please!
*Downloads* This looks interesting, I think I'll do a normal run before a nuzlocke though~
Posted ImageTickets to Pinkan Island!Posted Image
A Tumblr Based Pokemon Emerald Timelocke!
(Gameplay still happening, no updates so far but feel free to follow the blog!)
Posted Image
Pokemon Breeder PYRO and BRIAR would like to battle!
3DS Friend Code: 2535 3618 5040 - XY Friend Safari is Ghost type

Pilkachu
No Avatar
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
I was nuzlocking this and wow, ghastly. With powder snow. :U
At the time I had a zigzagoon, chikorita, spearow and weedle. 3 died. :[

Edit: I think people are going to abuse that viridian mart. :=/:
Edited by Pilkachu, Jul 18 2011, 06:58 AM.

TheEdgeOfForever
Member Avatar
charliemew2 sucks
Pilkachu
Jul 18 2011, 06:48 AM
I was nuzlocking this and wow, ghastly. With powder snow. :U
At the time I had a zigzagoon, chikorita, spearow and weedle. 3 died. :[

Edit: I think people are going to abuse that viridian mart. :=/:
I have to edit that, it was a mistake (I wanted to edit another ROM lol).

About the Gastly, that's quite bad luck really. If it is way too hard I can lower the wild Pokemon's levels, but let's wait for more opinions!

I will now update the ROM, with trainers edited until Blaine.

EDIT: Done, uploaded new ROM, without Rare Candies in Viridian and game edited until Blaine. Next update will probably have all trainers edited.
Edited by TheEdgeOfForever, Jul 18 2011, 07:33 AM.

Storyshots
Lost Emerald.

Silly Runs

Tenrai
Member Avatar
I Hate Cheren...
This Hurts My brain....
Pokemon White Nuzlocke
Tenrai's Improving Art Thread

Maxpowerfreak
Member Avatar
I suck at Nuzlocke

Me and some peeps on the Nuzlocke PO server were looking through your hack with YAPE and man, good jobs on some evos. We didn't see them coming at all, especially the Ditto and Togetic ones. But not revealing more just to keep th surprise to the other people who get your hack ;)

I support this hack :P

EDIT: FYI Tenrai was one of us :P
Edited by Maxpowerfreak, Jul 18 2011, 08:32 AM.

White Chaos
Member Avatar
xatu lover

May I give a few ideas?

Ekans -> Arbok -> Seviper (You did Ekans -> Seviper, but left out Arbok)

Trapinch --(Fire Stone)--> Charizard

Nosepass -> Regice (Water Stone), Regirock (Lvl Up) or Registeel (Happiness)

EDIT: I was the one who was looking at the YAPE evolutions with the PO crew. Congrats btw.
Edited by White Chaos, Jul 18 2011, 08:46 AM.
Posted Image
Latte | Champagne | Cogcnac | Brandy | Sangria | Koolaid
Badges: 8 | Deaths: 11 | Bragging Rights: 8
Nuzchat Nuzlockes A Sequel: A Sequel (MILK HYPE)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nuzchat Season One: Platinum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
(Avatar credits to the web comic Black Adventures)

TheEdgeOfForever
Member Avatar
charliemew2 sucks
I now uploaded a "full" version. All trainers have been edited, so you can now make a complete playthrough of this!

Nuzlocke it and have fun!

Feedback is very welcome :v: .
Edited by TheEdgeOfForever, Jul 19 2011, 02:56 PM.

Storyshots
Lost Emerald.

Silly Runs

Fireburn
Member Avatar
Walkin' on air.
Posted Image

Very good hack, mid-game could be a touch tougher, but the different evolutions were funny lol. :v:

end game results and stuff
Edited by Fireburn, Jul 21 2011, 08:06 PM.
fan art

Bored? Love Gen 2? Give Pokemon Crystal Enhanced a try!

"I didn't know the lilting tones of banshee spawn were music to the ears of most." - EmeraldOx, avatar creator, talking about children.

TheEdgeOfForever
Member Avatar
charliemew2 sucks
Fireburn
Jul 21 2011, 08:02 PM
Posted Image

Very good hack, mid-game could be a touch tougher, but the different evolutions were funny lol. :v:

end game results and stuff
Thanks for the post, it was a good run in the POL chat. You had a Roselia though, since Roserade is not in the hack.

Anyway, I've noticed the download count of the hack has been rising but feedback has not... I'd love it if someone gave feedback on the difficulty levetly, variety of the Pokemon or something.

I've been planning a v2 of the hack with the Sevii islands hacked and I want to add more Pokemon with and more new evolutions. I even plan on adding newer Gen Pokemon but I don't know if I'll be able to (it doesn't seem that hard though). So, I'm open to suggestions on Pokemon you'd like to see on the hack, and/or new evolutions that you think would fit.

Storyshots
Lost Emerald.

Silly Runs

Dooms
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
suggestion

From what I've seen so far... I feel like my mind is going to be screwed lol. Great hack so far XD

Edit: Nvm. Gave in and looked at their stats... you changed them a bit lol.
Edited by Dooms, Jul 23 2011, 08:23 PM.
:|

Dark Felicity
Member Avatar
Screenshot Stalker
Oh man, that was intense, Edge...I wiped to Surge and then while grinding my backups on the way to Rock Tunnel I wiped to Curse Umbreon. Ugh, I also lost my Bayleef to Misty! Still, it is well made and I almost had my Metapod evolved there. Surge was hard because I evolved my Trapinch and it became bug/dragon and not ground/dragon. I was pretty much screwed when he pulled out the secret weapon anyway.

Enjoyed it while it lasted, though. Who knew Snubbull was good?
Posted Image
Deaths: 0 Badges: 1 Awesomeness: Lots

TheEdgeOfForever
Member Avatar
charliemew2 sucks
jbeeber95
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/single/?p=8383138&t=8546459
suggestion

From what I've seen so far... I feel like my mind is going to be screwed lol. Great hack so far XD

Edit: Nvm. Gave in and looked at their stats... you changed them a bit lol.

Yeah, I edited them slightly. I gave both Weedle and Kakuna better moves though, but I could edit the stats more if necessary.

Dark Felicity
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/single/?p=8383931&t=8546459
Oh man, that was intense, Edge...I wiped to Surge and then while grinding my backups on the way to Rock Tunnel I wiped to Curse Umbreon. Ugh, I also lost my Bayleef to Misty! Still, it is well made and I almost had my Metapod evolved there. Surge was hard because I evolved my Trapinch and it became bug/dragon and not ground/dragon. I was pretty much screwed when he pulled out the secret weapon anyway.

Enjoyed it while it lasted, though. Who knew Snubbull was good?

A shame that you wiped, but that helps me to know about the difficulty of the hack (even if Fireburn "breezed" through it :v: ). Snubbull is pretty good, and learns very good moves at later levels.

Anyway, thanks for the comments! I'm still open to suggestions for new evolutions. You may even suggest Gen IV or Gen V Pokemon since I'm open to adding some to a new version of the hack. You can PM me if you want!
You can also suggest Pokemon you'd like to see, not necessarily evolutions and that kind of stuff.
Edited by TheEdgeOfForever, Jul 24 2011, 10:27 PM.

Storyshots
Lost Emerald.

Silly Runs

Shinymon
Member Avatar
The Writer Who Doesn't Write

make Pinsir evolve into Heracross at like level 40.

dayafter
Member Avatar
Basically Lazarus

this looks AWESOME *downloads*
Oh no I have an art thread too now

Posted Image
^click me^

Aqua
Member Avatar
H-EY BLU-E BOY!!! CATC)(!!!!!!
I want to do a Nuzlocke of this in the screenshot section, but if you are going to be doing Sevii islands and the like should I wait?

Seconding Pinsir to Heracross.

Maybe Corsola to Relicanth?
Posted Image

Art for me by Awesome People

Check out my first documented Nuzlocke: [Complete]Zigzagoon Only Sapphire

TheEdgeOfForever
Member Avatar
charliemew2 sucks
Aquaeus
Jul 25 2011, 06:39 PM
I want to do a Nuzlocke of this in the screenshot section, but if you are going to be doing Sevii islands and the like should I wait?

Seconding Pinsir to Heracross.

Maybe Corsola to Relicanth?
You shouldn't wait lol, the existence of a V2 of the hack isn't confirmed yet :v:

I don't know if I'll have time and/or motivation to do it, but I want to have ideas in case I decide to, so if you want to Nuzlocke this, do it now! =P

Storyshots
Lost Emerald.

Silly Runs

Aqua
Member Avatar
Started my run, I assume you want to read it?

Also suggesting that Fearow with Thunderstone evolves into Zapdos.
Posted Image

Urahara
Member Avatar
Smile for the ult, baby!
This is pretty fun, I'm using a lot of pokemon that I've never used before in hope that they evolve. (and the fact that tons of my mons die during the grind that supposed to get them up to speed with the team!)

Posted Image
ONE MORE THING.

Sturdy on fearow? oh please let this mean what I hope this means.
YOU DECIDE MY FATE! Scorched earth 2.0 nuzlocke
Posted Image~JamesPosted Image~GabrielPosted Image~VeronaPosted Image~Trixie

Aqua
Member Avatar
Just a suggestion: so far the levels of wild pokemon are the pretty much the same as they are in the original games. I don't know if it's like this the whole game, but if so since you will be higher leveled than in the original grinding up wild pokemon will take a long time.

Its just I'm twice the level of wild pokemon :laughing:
Edited by Aqua, Jul 27 2011, 11:07 AM.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Completed Hacks · Next Topic »
Add Reply