Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We've got another adventure planned for you this week... three of them!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
[INACTIVE]DF's Electric Shock Showdown in Pokemon White!; Electric monotype storyshot run. I take on Chili at the Striaton Gym! Watch me win!
Topic Started: Jul 19 2011, 08:41 PM (1,985 Views)
Dark Felicity
Member Avatar
Screenshot Stalker
Hey guys, what's up? I know I'm a lurker, but today I'm going to pop my Nuzlocke cherry with a Pokemon White run. Now this run is extremely original. Okay? You guys have never never seen anything like it, except for the other seven that are currently going on on the first page. Yes, this is a random one-type run inspired by Haberdasher, but instead of boring old flying, water, or normal types, I'm going to use electric types. Electric is by far my favorite type ever since Generation II where I picked up a Mareep and never looked back. But enough of my rambling. Let's do the rules and stuff, huh?

Rules:
1.) Only the first electric type on a route
2.) If it faints, it's dead and I can't use it.
3.) Can only use something that is part electric type such as Lanturn, Maggyo, Emolga, etc. Arceus does not count.
4.) I will not use Pachirisu, Plusle, or Minun. If I encounter these before my normal catch, no new pokes that route.
5.) Dupes clause is not on. I can choose to catch the dupe or not have anything for that route.
6.) I'm only allowed to have one HM Slave at any time.
7.) I'm only allowed to have two full party wipes, after that, I fail.
8.) I'm not allowed to call BS at any given point.

The first couple of parts are going to be mostly story, just to get me caught up. I'm already past Stiation City in my real game with four catches, no deaths. When I do get some screenies up, you can decide if you guys want me to continue with a story approach, or just do random commentary. I'm okay with either. Okay, let's start!

-------

The silver moon cast Numeva Town in a cool light, revealing the houses of my best friends’ houses to my tired eyes. Tomorrow we would be out on our adventure together. I was so excited, I couldn’t sleep. I turned from the window and ran a hand through my long brown waves as I turned back to face the rumpled mess that was my bed. I sighed, wishing that I could sleep. The big screen TV showed a pause screen from my favorite game, Resident Evil 4. But not even mutated plaga people could take my mind off of the excitement I felt about the upcoming day. The alarm clock showed that it was still only 3:41 a.m. I still had at least 3 hours until I could actually awake, have a final breakfast with my mother, and leap off into the world. I shuffled over to my messenger bag and checked my pockets. My Xtranceiver, Town Map, and my Mareep doll lay within the main pocket. I took out the yellow sheep and cuddled it close to my chest. It’s the last gift I received from my father before he moved off to Goldenrod and left us behind. I never talk to him now. Is he still alive? Is he happy? Would he be proud of me? I know I’m a late bloomer; I’m already sixteen and don’t have a lick of experience for the journey I was about to undertake. My mother insisted on my homeschooling when I was ten, and Belle’s dad had no intentions of his only daughter leaving the house at such an age. Cheren, of course, was content to stay. Before Professor Juniper arrived last year, there was no way for us to even consider a Pokemon quest. But now she’s here and she needs us. It’s the perfect opportunity.

I tossed Angel back into my bag, smiling fondly at the striped tail. Electric pokemon were by far my favorite. A Jolteon scampered across my wall as a large rug depicting a Pikachu evolution family showed my intense love for the typing. The only ones I could say displeased me were Parachurisu, Plusle, and Minun. Those things were such cutesy mutations of Pichu! They made me shudder to think about. I opened the door and strolled quietly down the stairs, listening carefully for my mother’s breathing. I browse through the kitchen cabinets before deciding that a bowl of cereal would help me sleep. I munch quietly as I put away the ingredients and shuffle back up to my room, trying not to spill the milk, but I catch a trickle on my nightgown anyway. I slide back into bed, munching the sugary stuff and staring out the window, hoping that my dreams will claim me before too long.

The Next Morning...

“CHAOS! COME FEED THE MEOWTH!” My mother’s voice rings from the kitchen below as I awake. Every morning, it’s the same greeting. I throw the covers back, pluck my cereal bowl from the nightstand, and amble down the stairs. My bleary eyes focused on green toenails and Merlin’s scratching on the front door fills my ears. I throw the bowl in the sink and grab a few cans of Meowth food and a spoon before shuffling out the front door to feed our furry companions. Unfortunately, they are totally unfit for battle. Mostly they are strays we take in, and the neighbors might adopt a few if they are cute enough. “Never say that Chaos isn’t a good person”, I grumble to myself. Finished, I shuffle up to the bathroom and brush my teeth and pull on an old pair of shorts that are probably inappropriately short, a white tee, and a hooded jacket. I slide into my favorite pair of sandals and brush my hair. A knock on the door interrupts this, and I bound down the stairs without a second thought with my hairbrush in hand. The door flies open and Cheren smirks at me, his brown eyes twinkling through his glasses. I roll my eyes. Is he ever going to give up the skinny jeans? Besides, he sucks at skateboarding anyway. He chuckles, knowing what is running through my mind. “Stop mentally complaining about my pants and take this box. It’s really heavy.” Box? My ears perk up at the word and I accept an ornate blue box decked out in green ribbon. OH YEAH! A smile stretches across my face as I clutch the hairbrush handle in my teeth and bound up to my room with a secure hold on the box. Cheren follows more leisurely. Does he ever show an ounce of excitement? Emo kids, I swear…I place the box on my desk after clearing an assortment of pens, computer accessories, and CDs into a drawer. I turn back to Cheren. “Can I open it?!” I ask excitedly, but I remember that Belle is late. Again. I throw myself into the desk chair with a huge sigh. “Let me guess. Belle.” He studies the Jolteon on my wall and nods. I groan and spin around in the chair childishly. A blonde skinny girl trips over the threshold of my room and falls against a bookshelf. “Am I a little late? Soooooorrryyy!” She bites of sarcastically, rubbing her elbow where it made contact with my Harry Potter collection. Her clumsy ass got no sympathy from me. “Cheren brought us a present. Well, actually, Juniper probably got us the box, but Mr. Perfect probably turned on the charm and got to bring it here,” I say to her, standing up quickly and shooting a glance at Cheren, who was now playing my Wii. “What can I say? Maybe she digs the awkward goth look.” I scoff as he grins, throwing down the Wiimote and joining us at the desk. All three of us tear at the wrapping paper and ribbon with equal determination and a little giggling on my part. We come out of the fray all clutching a single pokeball. I was excited to see what was in mine. A Pikachu? A Emolga? I threw it down and a ray of light showed me…

A Snivy. “Smugleaf, Conseeded, Serperior”, I rattled off in my brain, though my face clearly showed my disappointment. I could never keep a poker face for anything. I carefully arranged it into a smile as I knelt beside the green creature. “’Sup, Snivy? I guess I’m your trainer now.” It crossed its tiny arms and put its nose in the air, either indifferent or it knew that I wasn’t pleased with my choice. I looked up to see Belle cuddling her Oshawott and Cheren in my chair with a Tepig on his lap. I brightened considerably seeing no one else had an electric type. “Hey, hey Chaos! Let’s battle!” Belle said ecstatically and Oshawott leapt from her arms. “Okay. Snivy, tackle!” The green snake leapt at the otter and they both knocked into my desk, sending my bag and the box flying across the room. “No, Oshawott! Use growl!” I rolled my eyes as the Oshawott got up and growled at my Snivy. But no fucks were given that day. “Snivy, leer.” I commanded, and one glance from his eyes had the otter shaking. After a few tackles were exchanged that further rearranged my room for me, My snivy stood over with fallen otter. They both were breathing heavily, and I could see that Snivy was hurt. Cheren scoffed at us and tossed us a few potions. “You guys are such children. And look at Chaos’ room!” I caught the purple bottle and applied some of the liquid on Snivy’s cuts. He relaxed under my touch and I felt deeply moved by its budding trust in me. He then proceeded to crawl up on my arm and wind around my neck. I tossed the bottle into the trashcan and surveyed the wreckage. “Dude bruh! That was pretty epic, and they’re only level five! Think how a Rhyhorn could tear this joint up!” I claimed, filled with a happy energy as Belle and I began pushing furniture into its original location. Cheren clucked his tongue at us and I elbowed him so hard he almost fell out of the chair. “Oh yeah, Cho-ass? You wanna make something of it?” I felt my skin catch fire. No one calls me Cho-ass and lives to tell the tale! My Snivy felt my anger and slithered back to the floor, eager for a match against the Tepig despite its weakness. “Snivy, tackle!” I commanded, hands curling into fists. Unfortunately, Cheren was safe behind his fire pig…For now. After the battle, I would give him a noogie and mess up his perfect locks he works so hard on every morning. The pig and the snake tussled for a few minutes before once again, Snivy came up the victor. My room wasn’t in complete shambles this time, either. Perhaps Belle’s Mijimaru was a worthy adversary. Belle and Cheren picked up their new friends and left, promising to meet me at Juniper’s later. I however, was going to enjoy panacakes and a rest with my new friend first.

----
Next Time: Some lame dialogue, my first Pokemon, some more lame dialogue, and cool battles.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dark Felicity
Member Avatar
Screenshot Stalker
Just as I promised, the next installment. Warning! Wall of text!

----- Chapter 2 ----

After a hearty breakfast of fluffy light panacakes that Snivy and I really enjoyed, I begin to get my stuff together. “This is the hard part. This is goodbye.” I take some time to glance around my room for last minute items as my mom fusses over my packing job and makes sure I have enough of the necessities. My arm is loaded with hair bows every color of the rainbow, my satchel packed with a couple pairs of jeans, my favorite skirt, tame collared shirts, a cami, socks, boots for rainy days, a hairbrush, and various other trinkets. I wanted to bring my favorite shirts; I had a one armed zebra top with a jeweled neckline, a purple and blue tie-dye shirt perforated with dime-sized holes all over, a couple of shiny blue and gold halter tops, and not to mention The Dress of Epic Proportions. All of these still hung in my closet, and I stoked the hem of TDEP sadly. “You’re not allowed to take your whorehopper clothes. You are a pokemon trainer now, and you need modest clothes you can grind in and practical ones you can challenge gym leaders in. You can’t be running around like the prostitute of Unova!” My mother scolded, and I glowered into the depths of my closet. I could grind in a dress just as easily as I could jeans and a t-shirt. She knew it, too. Cheren and I once put up a tire swing while I was wearing an elaborate purple dress with my hair done up. Belle and I would have mock battles barefoot in short skirts. She was making it very hard for me to be tough and fashionable! I sighed, deciding to somehow cut corners in my supplies so I could buy some prettier clothes on my journey. Perhaps I could even visit home sometimes and steal things away from my well-stocked closet. I instead just told her what she wanted to hear in a resigned voice. “Alright, Mom, I see your point. Best to lie low so I don’t attract too much attention on the road.“ She started sniffling and pulled me in for a perfume scented hug. “I’m so scared something is going to happen. You call me all the time, every day! You tell me everything, you hear me?!” She started crying into my thick hair. Ugh! Moms. And everyone thought I was the cry baby!

Finally, she let me go after making me promise to give these extra town maps to C and B. I doubt they want them. They’re a little musty from being up in the attic along with a bunch of Dad’s old stuff. But I did manage to score a brown leather jacket that looks suspiciously like Leon S. Kennedy’s. I stuffed it in my bag happily. It was already Autumn and Winter was just around the corner. I would need all the warmth I could get. I left my house and wandered down the trail to Belle’s, stirring up a flock of Pidove that were pecking at the Meowth food. Ugh, lazy things. I feel guilty for leaving Mom to take care of them, but perhaps the other parents will help her out. It’s not as if our town consists of just the three of us, right? …Okay, it probably does. Still, she’ll be fine. After reassuring myself, I barge into Belle’s house to witness a scene of Belle’s dad being an a-hole as usual. “I FORBID THIS. GOING OFF WITH A BOY AND THAT BITCHY FRIEND OF YOURS ON A POKEMON ADVENTURE? DON’T MAKE ME LAUGH. YOU ARE STAYING RIGHT HERE AND WORKING ON YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS SO YOU CAN BECOME FAMOUS LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER.” Wait, bitchy friend? I bristled and started to come to Belle’s rescue. Alright, Belle’s adorable in a Luna Lovegood sort of way, but she isn’t beautiful enough to be the next Taylor Swift or anything. He really needs to get a grip on reality. And me, I’m bitchy am I? From his comments, he also needs to take a look in the mirror. “Belle, let’s go. Juniper’s waiting.” I say shortly, as Belle’s father and I have a heated staring contest. “It’s nice to know how your really feel about me after all these years, sir. But Belle is coming with me. She’s long past the age where she can make her own decisions. You can’t hold her back anymore. As Beyonce said, ‘Who run the world? Girls.’ That’s who run this world. Girls.” I take Belle’s clammy hand and pull her out the door, while Belle’s mother stares her husband down and yells at him for me. I miss what was being said but it sounded like she was on our side. “Don’t tell anyone about that…He’s just overprotective. And did you seriously just whip out Beyonce lyrics?” I keep a firm grasp on her hand, but I don’t need to pull her anymore because she seems to be keeping up just fine. “He’s only interested in you being famous so he can retire to Lilycove like all other rich people. He’s in it for himself. You need your own life, Bibi. And yes, I love Beyonce. She’s a powerful woman who doesn’t afraid of anything.” I grin and start singing badly beside her, and we giggle all the way to the Professor’s lab.
As I see Cheren, I let go of Belle and grasp his Emo head before running my knuckles hard over his scalp. “Ouch ouch ouch! Chaos, stop! What did I do this time?” “Oh, you know what you did, mon cheri.” I say, releasing him and wiping my palms on my shorts to rid them of the hair gel. He stares at me confused, but seconds later a wicked grin plays about his face. I shoot him a warning glance, and the nickname is on the tip of his tongue. He was saved by the door opening behind him and Juniper walking out of her lab. “Oh, there you guys are! How did you like your pokemon?” She beams at us sweetly. I finger the ball at my belt, smiling as I think of the Snivy inside. “Oh, man, Professor! My Oshawott is sooo cute!” Belle squeals, making Cheren and I wince at the sound of her high-pitched voice. “Yeah, professor!” I speak up, smiling slightly. “Snivy took both of them on and won tenaciously,” I said, beaming with pride. Cheren huffs, but tosses Tepig’s ball into the air and catches it. “With a bit of training, I believe my Tepig will be tough enough to handle both your snake and your otter.” He’s so smug sometimes; perhaps he and Snivy would have been a better fit. But that’s not how the cookie crumbled. “Wonderful, I see you have had your first battle, then. Hey Chaos, would you like to give Snivy a nickname?” I blink, staring down at my feet. I feel embarrassed to be put on the spot like this. “Oh, um, okay.” My brain picks a random letter. L. “Lincoln!” I say quickly, thinking how it fit the pokemon. It would grow to be tall, tough, and honest. I was rewarded by some light clapping by Juniper. “Oh, yes! It’s perfect. Now. I have a present for each of you.” She reaches in to her lab coat pocket and pulls out three Pokedexes. She hands one to each of us. “Now, unlike the other professors in the past, I think it’ll be easier if you guys split the task. But I don’t know how that should work, exactly…” My pulse beats in my ears as I raise my hand. “Um, professor? I think I would like to catch only electric type pokemon. That’s my favorite type.” She frowned at me, and I bit my lip. “Well, that could work, but it makes Lincoln useless. Are you sure?” I nod, resolute. “He can help me catch stuff and I could teach him some HMs. He won’t be useless.” I say, braver than I felt. She finally smiles. “You are very brave to take on such a challenge, Chaos! So you’ll catch the electric types, and Belle and Cheren can catch the rest. Sound good?” They both nod; they had been expecting my electric fetish to make itself known in this meeting. Belle even looked a little happy for me. I got to pursue my dream of catching all the electric types in the world! It was going to be tough, though. Still, I felt confident. “Alright. Let’s learn how to catch pokemon! That’s a good place to start.” We all follow the professor to Route 1. It amazed me that none of us had stepped out to Route 1 before. It’s probably because we heeded the ominous warnings of dangerous pokemon fed to us by our parental units. The professor handed us all five balls a piece and let her Minccino out of the ball. It was so adorable, but I knew that it packed a good punch. How many times had I had to doctor a Meowth that had dared to stand between one of them and the food? Mega Punch to the face! A surprised Patrat was dealt a similar fate, and the professor did a sort of twirl and tossed a pokeball at it. Belle and Cheren watched in awe, but I scoffed slightly to myself. How girly! She turned back to us and beamed. “That’s how it is done! First, you weaken the target and then you toss a ball at it! It might not always work, though. For tougher wilds, you might have to inflict status conditions or use lots of different balls.” She turned on her heel and started through the grass. “Next, I am going to show you a Poke Center. But take your time!” She then headed through a patch of trees and disappeared. For the first time in my life, I felt nervous. I instantly put on a brave face. “Are you guys ready? I need to catch my first pokemon!” I said with a lot of bravado. I hoped my friends couldn’t see through it. “Oooh, I know! Let’s have a competition,” said Belle. “Like a race? That doesn’t seem fair,” replied Cheren. I would call him a wuss, but I’m the one nervous about the route filled with Patrats and Purrloin. Hopefully there would be something in this route for me. “No, no! I mean let’s see who can catch the most!” “You doofus, Belle, you know we can only catch one per area,” I replied, half-jokingly. “Well, Chaos, you’re not allowed to go to Acculuma Town unless you make your first catch!” I started to protest. What if my balls didn’t work? What if Snivy got too hurt? I then smirked. “Alright, Bibi. Let a future Electric Pokemon Master show you how it’s done!” With that, I strode out of the clearing and disappeared into the brush. I could only imagine the shocked and envious faces of my childhood buddies.
I encountered a few pokemon, but none of them had been electric so far. It was frustrating, running from every battle. Lincoln looked disappointed at first, but after encountering a fully grown Slaking, he began to see the point. I thought about letting him battle a little for experience, but I would grow attached to him. I couldn’t do that. I wished he was part electric. That would be awesome. Leaf blading and zapping my opponents with his nimble feet and great Special Attack would probably guarantee him as the best starter of all time! But alas, it wasn’t so. Instead, we spent the next couple of hours browsing through the Route. We were both getting tired and hungry. I refused to call it quits however. I was rewarded by a lone Ampharos gazing over the sea. She looked like a sad, lost puppy. I fell in love instantly. I had to capture her. I know it was my destiny. I ordered my Snivy into battle. He felt my excitement and he seemed eager to fight. The Ampharos noticed, bristling at the sight of us. My stance stiffened; I was determined make sure she never had to use that expression of distrust and anger at me again. I ordered Lincoln to tackle her. The Ampharos took the hit, though judging from the amount of damage it did, she must have been rather low leveled. I grinned to myself before realizing I had another task to complete. I needed a signature capture. I briefly considered Ash’s, but ruled it out since I hated to wear a hat. I needed something original; something that would shock the pokemon world! Okay, that might be a bit too dramatic…Alright, just do something! I grabbed a ball in my right hand, tossed my hair backwards, leapt forward into the air and threw the ball at the golden pokemon before landing unsteadily on my left foot and right knee. I could just feel Lincoln rolling his eyes at me. Perhaps I should have just gone with the twirl…I closed my eyes tightly, holding my breath as I listened to the ball wiggle back and forth. Finally, it ceased. I let out a ragged breath. It was too good to be true! I picked myself up and calmly walked over to the ball and picked it up. That was the last calm thing I did. I then proceed to scream and shout with joy while dancing around like a maniac for the next fifteen minutes. “Who got an Ampharos, I got an Ampharos! Chaos did, uh huh, Chaos did, uh huh!” Among various other celebratory phrases. Lincoln seemed pleased with himself, and I briefly stopped celebrating to put him back into his own ball. Then I managed a half-walk half dance to the edge of the forest. I couldn’t wait to show everyone how amazing I was! They were going to be soooo jealous!

“Who run the world? Girls!”

-----------------------------------------------------
I am taking requests from some names. The letters are F, X, and C. I'll pick whichever ones I like the best! I'm trying not to play too far ahead, cause that means I have even more catch-up to write. Nobody's dead yet! I'm very proud of myself so far for accomplishing that. I'll also take any questions you have about plot, the characters, or anything. But I'm not going to give out too many spoilers about my catches!

Posted Image
Deaths: 0 Badges: 1 Awesomeness: Lots
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dark Felicity
Member Avatar
Screenshot Stalker
Author's Notes:

Hey look, screenshots! Don't get too used to it; I can't go very far in my Desmume file because I don't have the patch on for my pokes to gain experience. This was the one I was originally going to use, but I figured out how to make White work on No$GBA, which is my emulator of choice. But how do you like these updates? Better or worse? At least it breaks up the text and makes my job a lot easier. The Suicune part is my favorite, although technically I believe I fought a Lugia. (Also, am I the only one who calls it sue-eye-seen? I was a bit dyslexic as a kid...Looked like suicide to me!) Anyway, um, enjoy the update!

---------------------

It was late afternoon before I strolled casually through the PokeCenter of Accumula town. I saw the Professor and Belle chatting at the counter where the nurse stood smiling. I sidled up beside the pair and handed the nurse my two pokemon. She put them in the machine while I joined in the conversation.

Posted Image

“Oh hey Chaos. Got your first catch?” I nodded, a big smile on my face. “Yeah! How about you?” She beamed at me and pointed to a pokemon that I didn’t notice before. It was barking and nipping at the hem of Belle’s skirt. ”It’s a Lillipup! Isn’t it soooo cute?” I nodded, retrieving my balls from the girl. “Well, check out my catch!” I released Ampharos from the ball, and she yawned beside me. She blinked a few times and then began swaying happily to the music. I just grinned up at her; she was just too adorable. “Wonderful, Chaos! And what have you named your Ampharos?” piped up Juniper, who peered over the edge of her glasses at me. “Ummm…Misty!” I said, the letter at random being ‘M’. I loved the famous Misty, the offensive water type gym leader with a temper just as fiery as her hair. But if she went up against my Misty, she’d be in a world of pain! I smirked at the thought. I then frowned as I looked around. “Where’s Cheren?” I asked, tilting my head sideways. “Oh, he’s in the plaza,” Professor Juniper replied.

Posted ImagePosted Image

She then proceeded to take me on a tour of the PokeCenter that made me feel like a five-year-old, but I held my tongue. “Oh yeah, that’s great to know!” I managed to stammer out at the end. “Yeah, I’ll definitely go see Fennel if she’s your friend and all!” I felt as if I was laying it on too thick, but she just waved goodbye and left for Numeva Town. I tried talking to Belle, but she was busying buying things from the clerk. I left to go find Cheren with my Ampharos in tow.

Posted Image

“What is it, Cher?”
I asked, but he shushed me. Annoyed, I turned to watch the old man in his dressing gown address the crowd. I couldn’t help but think he must be publicly drunk and someone should arrest him. But with all the impressive bodyguards around him, I could see why they didn’t.

Posted Image

Oh, this guy was not drunk. He wasn’t slurring the least bit. Frowning, I stared at him while he made his speech. It reminded me of watching lectures on the VCR when I was being homeschooled. I tried to pay attention, but his words enraged me. How can he sit there and judge my relationship with Misty and Lincoln? I haven’t had them but a couple of hours! I could feel my nails digging into my palms and my face getting hot. How unfair! He didn’t realize how long I had been waiting to escape and train pokemon to try and tear this dream from me. I decided to completely disregard everything he just said.

Posted Image

Before I could ask Cheren anything about anything, the crowd dispersed and a boy no older than us come over. He had long green hair and skinny jeans on with a white jacket despite the heat. What was with all the skinny jeans? Is that all Pal-Mart sold? He started talking to us, and Cheren and I had no idea what he was rambling on about.

Posted Image Posted Image

I glared at Cheren. Even though I was a girl, I was perfectly able to introduce myself! I found myself staring at his pointy chin and the way his bangs framed it while he was speaking. Cheren decided to tell him all about his little dream of becoming the champion. I had no idea what that was about, he had never mentioned that before. I think he was just trying to put on a show for the stranger. Whatever! He didn’t impress me, him in his skater shoes and his funky hair. I was just staring at him because he’s the first boy my age I’ve seen besides Cheren. Huh. Skater boys! They weren’t worth my time. I am on an important mission to befriend all kinds of electric type pokemon and become an electric type master.

Posted Image

I stared at him with my mouth hanging open after he said my name. “Uh, what? Misty?” My Ampharos was standing behind me the whole time, just chilling and enjoying the scenery. But N had focused his eyes on her and swore she said something. Misty regarded him for a second, then turned to me. After I said her name, she went “Palululu” in typical Ampharos fashion. He then decided to challenge me to a battle. I got my game face on. “Go, Misty.” She half nodded, strolling out in front of me and swinging her tail behind her. She seemed eager to go. Perhaps she liked this hipster even less than I did. He sent out a purple cat pokemon, not unlike the Meowth I had back home. It was quick and scratched a gash on Misty’s left arm. She squealed, and her eyes narrowed at the creature. “It’s okay Misty, just ThunderShock it!” She let out a shock from the horns on her head that damaged and paralyzed the creature. It was slowing down fast, but still managed to get in another scratch across the belly. “Misty, return!” She was getting quite weak and I couldn’t afford to lose her. I sent Lincoln out, who managed to finish the job with a swift Vine Whip. N looked shocked. “I’ve never heard pokemon say such things…” He said, as if he was mostly talking to himself. I narrowed my eyebrows at him. “Is that good or is that bad? And what exactly are you after, huh? Saying you can talk to pokemon?”

Posted Image

He explained, and for the second time that day, I felt like I was five. I scoffed. So all every single pokemon in the world he has personally met and they have accepted him as a friend on facebook? Ridiculous. He made this ridiculous half-bow and scampered off. Cheren looked at me. “I’m just going to ignore that…You probably should too. He seems like a real dick. Anyway, I’m going to go ahead and go to Striaton City.” I nodded. “I’m going to stay here tonight. I might have to run home for some things in the morning, and I want to get some training in. Misty needs to get stronger if she can’t handle that Purrloin alone.” He paused for a second, and our eyes met. He seemed like he was going to say something important, or make some sort of affectionate gesture. His hand twitched at his side, but he just let out the breath he was holding and shook his head. "I’ll see you tomorrow?” I was biting my lip, but then it stretched into a reassuring smile. He was so weird sometimes. He seems to be annoyed with me one second, and then acts like he wants to kiss my face off. He then strode away. Pah, boys…

Posted Image

I called Lincoln back into his ball after a few minutes of hugging and praise. He seemed pleased with helping Misty finish off her enemy. I hoped he wouldn’t mind continuing to do that if I needed him to tonight. I headed back into the PokeCenter to heal my party and then I would be off…

Belle had finished buying her supplies and was organizing her bag on one of the sofas. I dropped my pokemon off to be healed and she beckoned me over. She had this mischievous smile on her face what I had grown to love. “I saw everything. Who is he? Oh em gee, Chaos! I think he liiiikes you. He wants to huuuuug you!” “Ehehehe. Which one?” I waggled my eyebrows at her suggestively. “Oh, well…I’ll take him if you don’t want him. The stranger I mean. He just oozes confidence. It’s very appealing.” I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved her. “What do you know about ‘oozing confidence’? We know one boy! The same boy! For sixteen years!” She laughed and shrugged her shoulders. “I read about it in CosmoGirl. That must be what they were talking about! The way he gracefully challenged you, and the way he bowed when he left….Not to mention that hair!” I pretended to vomit, and we both lapsed into giggles. I cleared my throat finally and met her gray eyes with my blue ones. “…Hey. Cheren was acting weird towards me when you left. Did you see that part?” “No…I dropped all my stuff I just bought and had to pick it up.” She bit her lip, looking worried. “What kind of weird?” I sighed, turning slightly away to gaze at the sunset. “It’s like he wanted to hold me or touch my hair…or kiss me. Ugh! I like the kid and all, but he and I would never work out.” She smirked. “Is it his skinny jeans?” I chuckled, but just as quickly I fell silent. “Well, I think he wants me, but he only wants some of me. And I can’t be the girl he needs. I can’t just turn off some of me.” She nodded and put her arm around my shoulders. “Hey! We’re all on an adventure. There’s gotta be a beach crawling with hot surfer boys somewhere in Unova!” I finally cracked a real smile and we fell back into easy conversation. But I knew this subject was not going to go away so simply…

Posted Image

I headed back out into the depths of Route 1, eager to get Misty up to speed. I still relied on Lincoln to help me should Misty get wounded or…No, I won’t even think it. I rushed out into the cool night-time grass, my eyes sparkling with excitement. I was never allowed out this late before! Woobats circled overhead, jabbering to each other while Kricketune chirped all around me. Though it was exciting, I felt vulnerable. Though it was only ten o’clock, the days had shortened to the point where it was pitch black. There weren’t even stars in the sky! I eagerly released Mystic from her pokeball. Her six-foot frame towered over me, and I instantly felt safe in the glow of her tail. I smiled at her, and she felt in her element. Of course, she was because Ampharos lived on the coast and powered lighthouses. The tail-light bounced off the trees to produce eerie blue and purple shadows…Wait, what? Blue and purple shadows? “Look out, Misty!” I cried, my voice somewhat hysterical. Misty’s light flickered as a powerful beast leapt at her white belly on swift blue legs. I could hear its musical cry from the depths of Misty’s fur and I backed up a few steps behind my pokemon. Misty managed to hold fast and somehow tighten her arms around the beast. I quickly issued a command to use ThunderShock. Even though the creature had a few levels on Misty, it was obviously weak to electric type attacks and slumped to the ground. “Palululu!” Misty’s victory call sang through the night and I breathed a sigh of relief. That must have gained her a bunch of experience, for sure. Still, I did not recognize the creature that attacked us. I tiptoed over to the beast that was trying to unsuccessfully get back to its feet. “Shhh,” I crooned, kneeling beside the pokemon. My Ampharos hovered over us, wary of the giant dog. I could see thin silver ribbons dancing along the blue and white speckled side of the pokemon and it sported a thick purple mane. My eyes widened in shock. I had no idea what kind of pokemon it was, but I just knew it was not native to these parts. It looked majestic or…even Legendary. I grabbed my bag and my hand twitched over the pokeball pocket. I gripped my betraying fingers into a fist. A pokemon like this should not be captured, especially not by the likes of an electric type trainer. That would be breaking the rules. I instead pulled out one of my few potions, squeezed the small amount onto my palm and applied a thick coat of the salve onto the pokemon’s back. My hand became soaked with icy cold water from its fur. Perhaps it had recently been swimming or my suspicions were right: it was probably at least half water. I wiped my hand on my shorts and got up as it struggled to its paws. The potion seemed to help it recover, but it was still weak from its battle. The expression the blue pokemon’s face was a mix of pain and apology. I felt my lips twitch into a loving smile as I stoked my fingers through the silky purple mane. My hands were again freezing and cold, but I didn’t care. “Suiiiii-cuuuune.” Perhaps that was its apology or a goodbye, because it leapt into the river without another word. Suicune? I might never find out who or what that pokemon really is. All I knew was I was now freezing cold. I picked up my sack and grabbed Misty into a hug. Her warmth made me and my hands feel better immediately. Her arms were too short to do more than awkwardly pat one of my cheeks, and I chuckled as I let go. “Let’s go back to the Center before we encounter something even more dangerous.” I told my Ampharos, and we began our trek back to Accumula town.
Edited by Dark Felicity, Jul 22 2011, 09:51 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dark Felicity
Member Avatar
Screenshot Stalker
Looking back on it now, I realize why we had split up and went our separate ways. Between Belle’s indecisiveness and Cheren’s new-found goal to be the Champion, we all had different views of success. I was somewhere in the middle. Sure, I knew I had to collect lots of badges to make my pokemon obey me and make my mother proud, but what did I want? I wasn’t sure. I knew I wanted to collect as many electric friends as possible and train them well. Did I want to take on the League? Nah, not particularly. Cheren seemed to have that cornered, and I didn’t feel the need to go that far with my partners. Besides, were those battles dependent on luck or skill? I didn’t know if I had either.

Posted Image

I left Belle sleeping, and I crept out of the PokeCenter. Recently I had shifted from a night owl to a morning bird and Belle had always been a late sleeper. I hoped this morning would be fruitful! I reorganized my pack and let Lincoln out to be my companion. Misty was really too big for that, and Lincoln curled up perfectly around my neck. I set out, though I was careful to avoid the square. That whole deal yesterday made me nervous about getting near it. I was determined to meet up with Cheren today and ask him what was going on with him yesterday. I would not leave until I got an answer. The thought cheered me, and I quickly scampered past the plaza into the tunnel that separated Accumula town and Route 2.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

“…I’m so hungry…” I murmured, watching the scroll screen advertise a restaurant/gym in Striaton City. I continued to stare longingly at the changing pictures and moving text until a sharp claw in the neck awoke me from my daydream. “Uh…Oh yeah, Lincoln. Thanks!” I petted the green lizard pokemon and dashed out into the next route. I had a catch to get! Who would it be? I was hoping for a Pikachu…Or even a Zapra! Either would be cool, and especially if Zapra could get Nitro Charge. That would help out a TON with coverage. I knew my team was going to be walled by ground, grass, and even other electric type pokemon.

Posted ImagePosted Image

As I arrived on to the route, I received a phone call. Shit, I forgot to call my mother. I rolled my eyes and picked up the cross-transceiver. She began talking very quickly and then said she was going to hang up. I shook my head and clicked it off. Suddenly, she appeared behind me hold a Pokemart sack and a large Glameow. The Glameow was my mother’s favorite pokemon, a shiny named Osiris. She smiled warmly and said, “Chaos! You forgot your running shoes, you silly girl.” I shrugged sheepishly. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to take them. I might have to outrun N or something. I take the bag, but can feel something other than shoes in it. I reach my hand in to feel a silky material. I eagerly pull it out to reveal The Dress of Epic Proportions. I squeal, spinning in a circle. “Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!”

Posted ImagePosted Image

I slip my shirt off, slide it over my head, zip up the dress, and take off my shorts from underneath. I felt so much cooler and freer after that! I shoved the discarded clothes in my bag and twirled again. She just laughed. “Well, I didn’t mean for you to wear it right away! I’m hoping you’ll bring home a rich boy and you might have to dress up for a date or dinner or something.” My tummy growls at dinner, but I grimace instead. “I don’t think I’m ready to date yet. I’ve got my whole career in front of me. My whole life is planned out! It doesn’t include a husband, I’m afraid.” She frowns and clicks her tongue at me. “Yeah, yeah. I said the same thing until I met your father. I was sixteen, too…” She pulls me in for a hug with her and Osiris.

Posted ImagePosted Image

She tells me as I break the hug. “Yup, no worries! I’ve got Lincoln and Misty, and Belle and Cheren aren’t but a phone call away.” I smile. She nods. “You’ve got me, too. I’m not as young as I was, but I can still battle with the best of them. I know a few things and I’ve learned how to protect myself. You will, too.” She lets me kiss her on the cheek and scratch the Glameow’s ears before she headed back for home. I watch her go fondly. I was always the one who had to be strong for her, especially when Dad left. It was nice to see her doing the same. I turned to focus on the route ahead. The grass was thick and dry, and the sounds of battling could be heard from far away. I ignored the girl by the grass and stepped in, searching.

Posted Image

It was amazing! I chuckled to think what would happen if my mom had stayed five minutes longer; she hated spiders of any kind. This one was actually adorable though, with its bright blue eyebrows and yellow fur. I had to grab it. I plucked Lincoln off from my shoulders and ordered him to use Vine Whip. He did so, and then crossed his arms looking smug. I rolled my eyes. The spider pokemon, apparently unhurt, leaped at the grass snake and began to drink Lincoln’s…sap? Lincoln leapt away, his eyes streaming with tears and a gash on his neck. I bit my lip and recalled the pokemon. I tossed Misty’s pokeball to the ground and she popped out, yawning. She smacked her lips sleepily and then caught sight of the Galvantula. She became very focused and stood up straight and proud. “Misty, tackle!” I knew electric attacks would be very ineffective, but I didn’t want the spider pokemon to get too hurt and faint. Misty leapt at the arachnid and slammed into him, squishing it quite effectively. I smiled happily. “Misty, retreat.” I called and tossed a spherical ball at the creature. It wiggled a bit in the capsule, but the seal held fast and the light went out. Misty turned to me and cocked her head. She seemed to be asking if this was our new teammate. “Great job, Mist. You’ve helped catch our newest friend! Lincoln got a little battered up as well.” She seemed pleased with the answer, and I stroked her back a few times before heading over to pick up Galvantula’s pokeball. Hmm. He needed a name…”Misty! Pick a letter?” I asked her. She swished her tail back and forth a few times and let out a “Haros.” I blinked at her. She was really intelligent, and I was overwhelmed. “Okay, H?” She started to sway/dance again. “Haha, okay. Hendrick! Welcome to the team!” I giggled, twirling in the Dress of Epic Proportions before going to hug on my Ampharos. “Thanks, girl.” I recalled her into her ball and headed back the way I came to visit the Pokecenter and grab a snack. I needed a little pick-me-up if I was going to be battling through this route, and I hoped to reach the gym by dinner time. It would give me enough time to train up my team, too. I sighed happily. I was two pokemon down, and at least 20 more to go, but I knew I was making progress.
----------------

Author's Notes:

Whoa, another successful capture! Sorry about the delay, real life is eating me. I hate dealing with everyone's drama and when I get home at night I just tend to Facebook until I pass out. I've got another update in the works; Belle's battle, some Dreamyard stuff, and more building on the Cheren-N-Chaos triangle! I'm really excited for it and I hope my silent watchers are too. I'm enjoying writing all the little jokes and doing the detailed descriptions of the battles for you guys. I've also gotten my DesMuMe file up and running and got a team on there that I'm using to take these screenies. I'm trying to keep it to where you see only Lincoln, not my Joltik or my Mamoswine I got on that cartridge, haha. I'm going to breeze through the game as quickly as I can, and I'm using a modifier code to get pics of my early catches. Don't worry, though! I haven't touched the real Chaos since I caught my fifth pokemon. We're almost caught up, yay!

Alright still need names for my letters, though, if you all wouldn't mind taking a second to type up a reply for that if you've got a good idea. Also, I'll take some criticism for this; I know my early stuff has a few grammar errors that bug me when I reread it, but I try to get everything sorted out in Word before I put it here. Alright, thanks for reading and I will try and update Wednesday! Good night!

*Yes, "Spherical Ball" is of course referring to Enko's TRUCKSTUCK. If you haven't read it, DO IT NOW. Over 9000 90 pages of awesomeness awaits you.*
Edited by Dark Felicity, Aug 1 2011, 07:58 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dark Felicity
Member Avatar
Screenshot Stalker
After a small rest at the PokeCenter, I returned to Route 2 with a bag of gummy worms and a smile. It was time to grind my new friend, Hendrick. I checked his moveset, and was disappointed with the lack of attacking moves. His strongest (and only) move was a twenty power Leech Life. At least he got STAB…I sighed and let him loose in the thicket. The Purrloin, which I knew from experience was dark typed, fell quickly to his sucking move. The other pokemon were much tougher, and I usually had to send out Misty to lend a hand…or a shock. After an hour or so, he seemed to be a lot stronger and up to where Misty was; probably a solid level 8. As we progressed, the shouts of the trainers were getting louder and louder. I knew we were about to undergo some epic battles with strangers.

Posted Image

The first girl had two puppy pokemon similar to Belle’s. They was tougher than they looked; it took three Leech Lifes each before they dropped. She offered me some money after I had won. I took it, confused. “When you win, you get prize money,” she explained, smiling at me. “When you lose, you pay it. You won fair and square, so take the cash. Just tell me where you got that huge spider!” I laughed, folding the money and putting it in my bag. “Rare pokemon are everywhere! You just gotta know where to look. There might even be some right behind you…” I looked behind her to see a Shroomish poking its head out from behind a bush. She followed my gaze and instantly chased after it with a pokeball. I took that as my cue to leave.

The other trainers were very tough, some even had upwards of three pokemon! Of course, they were no match for Misty. Even Hendrick could pull off a 2HKO when the popular Purrloin was sent out. We were weary from our day, and my gummy worms had vanished from the bag. Did I spill them or eat them? I couldn’t remember. Striaton City was just steps away, and so was that Restaurant Gym….

Posted Image

“Oh Chaaaaaosssss!” A familiar voice sang out. I watched Belle skip up to me, holding her bag in her arms like a baby. Her puppy followed her, panting and wagging his tail when he stopped. “Oh Chaos! You look worn out. Grinding hard?” She asked brightly, picking stray leaves from my long brown hair. I nodded, meeting her excited eyes. “Yeah, just a bit. Just getting my new teammate up to speed and showing these boys how a real trainer battles. You?” She adjusted her hat and pulled out her pokeballs. “Oh, you’re a real trainer now are you? Done breaking the hearts of boys?” She said sarcastically, tossing her Oshawott’s ball to the ground. “I laughed half-heartedly. Was that a joke or did she mean it as truth? Am I breaking Cheren’s heart?

Posted ImagePosted Image

I sent out Misty, who easily shocked the poor blue and white otter and made Belle sober up. “Ah, well, I have a type disadvantage. But nothing my Lillipup can’t handle!” The puppy bounded forth and a couple of shocks later he met a similar fate. When the dust settled, Misty only had a bloody crescent to show that she had been fighting.

Posted Image

Belle proclaimed, scooping up her injured friend. ”We should heal up at the center. Fennel’s supposed to be in this city, Chaos. We promised we’d meet her, remember?” I nodded, calling Misty back and reaching over to pet the puppy pokemon. “Sorry buddy.” I murmured, and he whimpered and licked my hand. It was adorable, but it needed to get tougher. Belle was coddling him, no doubt. “You should train a little harder, Bibi. What happened to your second catch?” She stroked Lillipup’s head, too. “Oh, I accidentally critted it. A shame, too. It would have probably beat Misty, being a Phanpy and all. After that I fell out of the mood. When I get a new catch, I’ll grind. I’ll meet up with you later, kay?” She hustled off, and I stopped to grab a potion off the ground before heading into Striaton City.

Posted ImagePosted Image

It was late when I got there, probably around seven o’clock. I could hear Lincoln’s tummy growling, too. “It’s okay Lincoln. The nurse will get you something.” I made a beeline for the Pokemon Center, letting them rest while I played on the computer. When they were healthy, I headed next door to the gym.

Posted Image

A smartly dressed man wearing sunglasses stopped me on the stairs. Why was he wearing sunglasses? It was almost eight p.m.! He asked if I was looking for the Gym Leader. “Um, well, I guess, but if he’s not here I can wait until the morning to challenge him…I would like to come in and order some food, mostly. Maybe a hamburger?” I said hopefully. I could practically see my tummy rumbling through the brown bodice of my dress. He frowned at me which wasn’t a good sign at all. I dropped my eyes to my shoes, disappointed. “Well, I’d love to let you in, little lady, but unfortunately there’s been a problem in the kitchen and we need Cilan. I think he was at the trainer school…But I can’t go. Someone has to watch the gym.” I brightened a little. Okay, I go find the gym leader and then I can have some dinner. It sounded good to me! “I can go get him in that case. Where is the trainer school?” He pulled off his sunglasses, looking relieved. “Phew! Okay, great! Yeah, it’s on the other side of the PokeCenter, you can’t miss it. I’m going to go and do some damage control until he gets here. I’ll try and get you a little something on the house.” He winked at me and then rushed inside. I felt my cheeks and found myself blushing slightly. Hmm….I’d kill for some ravioli…

Posted Image

I felt nervous as I pushed the door open, expecting to find the class in full swing. This was not the case. The teacher stood by her desk smiling while her pupils chatted and some even had their pokemon out comparing or battling them. My attention was drawn to Cheren at the back of the room, and my eyes narrowed. Oh, there he was, the slimy little…I quickly crossed the room to him, running a hand through my hair to finger-comb it first.

Posted ImagePosted Image

“Um…Yeah, some guy sent me to look for him. Was he here?” It was weird. Why was I antsy all of a sudden? Especially around Cheren, of all people! I looked at him more closely. He had been studying; he had ink all over his hands and a smudge on his cheek and he was holding a couple of thick books. I know the value of studying...or rather, learning. I don’t have to study because I can remember what I’ve read. He took off his glasses and rubbed them on his shirt. “Yeah, but I think he went back to the gym just a second ago. You didn’t run into him?” I frowned. “Nope, but there were a lot of people outside. He could have been in the crowd.” I shrugged, and he finally looked at me. “Oh hey, is that the Dress? No wonder it took you so long to get here, you went back for it! I was getting worried.” He said the last part so softly that I almost didn’t catch it. I pretended not to notice. “Yeah my mother visited with me and brought me some shoes and my dress. She wants me to go on dates and bring home boys! Ugh, can you imagine?” He chuckled softly. “No, I can’t say I can imagine bringing home a boy.” I smirked at him and met his eyes which were gazing at my face intently. “Oh, by the way, why were you acting weird in the square yesterday?” He dropped his books in surprise and leaned over to gather them, effectively hiding his blush. “Oh, well, I was just worried about N. I mean, we’re bound to meet some not-so-good guys on our journey and the way he was dressed made him look shady.” I scoffed, bending to help him. “Dude, he’s wearing your get-up. You should sue for copyright infringement.” I tried to brush it off. N was weird, yeah, but he wasn’t dangerous. “Besides, Belle saw the whole thing and she couldn’t quit talking about how hot N was.” He froze, but I didn’t notice because I was brushing dirt off my dress. “Oh yeah, do you think so too? You going to take him home?” He waggled his eyebrows at me, his voice casual. Maybe I had been dreaming about that weird moment after all. I chuckled and plopped down in a student-sized seat. “H no, he’s insane and he has green hair. He’s probably been swimming in too many chlorine pools.” Cheren grinned in relief. “True that, gurr. He’s practically got a mullet. Didn’t those go out of style?” He put his books in his bag and released his Tepig, which he began petting. “Pffft. I thought skater pants had gone out of style but all the evidence around me points to no.” He just rolled his eyes at me. “Anyway, why are you here? Got a test?” I asked interestedly. He brightened and sttod up to reach in his pocket and pull out a handful of blue berries. “See these? These are Oran Berries. I’ve been doing some research on using items in battle. Give these to your pokemon and it’ll eat them when their health is low. Pokemon are so smart! There’s all kinds of hold items, too, not just berries. There’s also many sorts of berries that can be used for all kinds of status ailments…” He yammered on for about ten minutes, and sleepiness was catching me. “Cool beans, Cher. Or should I say Cool Berries?” He actually laughed for once. “Alright, so I’ve got a new strategy.”

Posted ImagePosted Image

I giggled. “Sure, but berries or no berries, you’re going to lose. I have a secret weapon!” He sent out his Tepig and I sent out Misty, who quickly overpowered the tiny pig and shocked it for a OHKO. I raised an eyebrow. “How’s this for too rough, Cheren?” I winked at him and recalled my pokemon. He looked flustered as he sent out his Purrloin. “Oh, I’ll show you rough…” He said, smirking. “Oh Arceus, Cheren! You had to take it there!” Annoyed at being out-perved, I sent out Hendrick. I had trained him up well on my way here and he was strong and fast. Unfortunately he couldn’t take too many hits. I might have to invest in some of those berries… The Purrloin ended up being quicker and pulled off a Scratch attack which left Hendrick damaged and oozing green slime from the cuts. “Alright, wanna see my strategy? I call it…using super-effective moves for maximum damage! Go, Hendrick, Leech Life!” He clamped his pinchers on the cat pokemon and sucked it dry. A magical aura danced over his thick skin and healed the cuts to perfection. “This attack also restores HP equal to half the damage inflicted.” I schooled Cheren as his kitty fainted. He picked it up as I called Hendrick back to stroke his furry body. “Dang, she didn’t even get a chance to use her berry…” He plucked it off her collar and fed it to her. Still weak, she stirred and mewed painfully. He recalled her and sighed. “You win again…I guess I need to train harder. Being extremely high-leveled is also a great strategy.” I called my giant arachnid back to its ball and walked closer to Cheren. “Tsk tsk, there there,” I crooned, patting his shoulder. “You’ll beat me one day, and then I’ll kill you for killing my pokemon.” He laughed weakly and put his hand on my elbow. His other hand offered me the blue balls.

Posted Image

“Thanks…” I searched in my bag to find a safe place for them. “Don’t worry, they don’t mush.” “Oh, thank Arceus for that.” He smirked, leaning in to whisper in my ear. “Well, from what I’ve heard, there might be a new almighty in this region…Perhaps I’ll be a Dennisist!” I growled and tackled him to the floor. “No, you take that back, bruh!” I said, hands pushing hard on his chest. We’ve always played rough since we were little kids. I could only imagine how we were influencing the school children… “You know that it’s only okay to be loyal to the lord of all the Pokemon or the rarest of all the pokemon (Mew) or the most secret of all the pokemon (FSM)!” He laughed and reached up to tuck hair behind my ear, an affectionate gesture that left me speechless. “Shh, yes I know you’re a bona fide Arceusist through and through, Chaos.” I shivered slightly as he sat up beside me. “Um, is this okay?” He asked and I scrambled to my feet. “Well, um, I’m really hungry and I should get ready to turn in for tonight.” He looked slightly crestfallen. “Oh okay. Well I’ll meet up with you in the PokeCenter then. I’m staying in town tonight so I can make a challenge in the morning.” I nodded. “I’ll either challenge them tonight or tomorrow after I meet with Fennel.”

Posted Image

“You too.” I felt like more should have been done, but I was uncomfortable with it. I picked up my bag and scooted out the door, my thoughts flying a million miles an hour. Okay, seriously boy, quit shaking my world every time we get near each other. And it’s not okay for you to be a Dennisist! I just wanted to play around and have fun. Why was everyone growing up except for me? I rubbed at the spot on my cheek where his fingertips brushed, but it burned and I couldn’t make it stop. I was just hungry, I reasoned. It’s making my brain go funny. I dropped off my pokemon to be healed and ordered a quiet meal from next door. When I returned with a streaming plate of pasta and a side order of breadsticks, I saw Cheren chatting with another boy near the PC. I knew it was probably in bad taste, but I avoided his gaze and headed up to my room. I ate slowly, absorbed in my thoughts. I then took a shower before jumping in the bed and drifting off into a troubled sleep.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I know I promised Wednesday, but work ate me again. I can't wait to go back to school and cut my hours down, for realz. A little about this update! Um, yeah Belle is a total flake and missed her Route 2 catch. I am getting all the MPCs to play by the Nuzlocke rules, too. Aren't I amazing? I also like the bit with the Gym Assistant, he turned out to be a bro. He'll be even more of a bro when he hands out the water, yo. As you can see, hunger drives Chaos to extreme mood swings. I also like Cheren. I know the game portrays him as a super nerd type character, but I wanted to give him more substance than that. So here you have sweet, joky-joky Cheren. This update is a shout-out to my secret fancrushes Fireburn and Moti. Hey guys! All hail Dennis/Arceus! Now that Cheren is a Dennisist (lol), he gets to have purple text. It's a lot easier on the eyes, and Chaos and red fit good together, what with her having the dress now. My avatar is based loosely on the TDEP; this dress exists in real life and when I wear it, epic things happen. Sort of like lucky underwear or something.

Okay, well, thanks for reading! I know I suck and thanks for bearing with me. I'm going to put up a little banner for this run soon in my siggy, so watch for that and also going to be starting a new run where it's a lot more laid back about the adventures of Felix and his noble Torchic. Can't wait to do a normal run where I don't have to write six pages of bull that no one reads I mean, it's going to be generally awesome. Can't wait to hear from you and keep checking back! Lots of love!
Edited by Dark Felicity, Aug 5 2011, 10:23 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Karp
Member Avatar
FrankerZ

Such a shame that a lot of written stories get passed by.

This is good, I like it. And you got..pretty lucky with your catches there, having all fully evo'd pokes. o.O
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dark Felicity
Member Avatar
Screenshot Stalker
I awoke to find both Misty and Hendrick staring at me, taking up most of the space in my small room at the PokeCenter. I almost screamed at the sight of them, but I managed to keep my cool and rise into a sitting position. Misty began swaying to the music in her own head when she noticed, and Hendrick put four furry legs on my bed and climbed up on my lap. “Ugh, no, Hendrick, you’re too big!” I scratched his spidery head before slithering out from under him and getting dressed. I chose something simple but not too casual to wear. I had a gym to challenge.

After a light breakfast, some Pokemon maintenance, and last minute preparations, I strode up to the stairs of the Restaurant Gym. I was about to knock when a green haired guy bumped in to me. He smelled of herbs and spices from the kitchen.

Posted Image

“I’m Chaos, I’m from Numeva Town.” I told him politely. I was actually nervous because this would be my first gym battle. Although both my pokemon were level thirteen, I couldn’t help but feel unprepared. He examined me carefully, but I met his gaze with determination. “What was your first pokemon, Chaos?” He asked, relaxing visibly. I gave him a smile. “Snivy.”

Posted Image

“Well, yeah, and bug, and flying, and ice…” I began, but he wasn’t really paying attention. “Yes, you should be prepared to face that type.” He walked back through the gym absentmindedly, and I followed. He had disappeared inside, and I could see the older waiter I had met last night. I half waved, and he came over to introduce himself.

Posted Image

“It’s nice to meet you, Clyde. Uh…What’s this for?” I shoved the bottle into my bag. “It’s a healing item, similar to a potion. Everyone gets one when they challenge a gym. Oh, thanks for last night, by the way.” He winked, and I caught sight of the receptionist’s shocked face before I half smiled and strode into the gym. Oh, Arceus, now she thinks I was with that man on a date or something…Eh, who cares? I turned my attention to the puzzle in front of me. A red curtain hung down, and three colored buttons sat in the floor: red, blue, and green. Like an idiot, I stepped on the red one first. Nothing happened. I remembered the green haired man talking about types. What was good against red? Water, I assumed. I then stepped on the blue switch. The curtain opened to reveal another curtain and a few more switches. This curtain was blue. I headed over to stomp the green switch, but I was stopped.

Posted Image

Oh no, a lame food pun! Whatever should I do? He sent out a tough looking Lillipup, which my Hendrick sucked dry using Leech Life. The Patrat was harder, and I switched to Misty to give her a little warm-up before the Gym Leader. The guy looked disappointed, and I cleared my throat. “I battle how I eat…uh...Carefully.” I smirked as he rolled his eyes and then I proceeded to the next part of the room.

Posted Image

“Does that include dessert?” I asked, before disposing of her single Lillipup with Misty’s Thundershock. She just shook her head, grabbed up her puppy, and ran to the bathroom to cry. I felt a little bad about it, but I pressed on.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

After a few minutes of Cilan stumbling over his words, the redheaded man stepped forward and confronted me. He may have had fiery passion, but did he have the spark needed to drive home victory? “Alright, Chili, if that is your real name! Show me what you’ve got!”

Posted Image

Alright, so he had fire-type Pokemon. I was nervous about sending my bug-type out first, but I knew I could switch easily if they actually used fire-type attacks. “Hendrick!” I tossed his ball into the arena to let him out in a flash of light. He repositioned all eight of his legs carefully and I could see Cilan trembling. Hah, scared of bugs? Probably, I figured, if he was the grass type leader. Chili surprised me by sending out a Lillipup. “Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone.” I said, putting my hands in the air. All of the gym leaders looked at me. “If this is supposed to be a fire, water, or grass type gym, why does everyone have these things?” Chili looked shocked. “Well, they’re easy to catch, pretty strong and they’re local pokemon…Alright, we suck as Gym Leaders, okay?” Cilan said, trying not to cry. My mouth dropped open. “Well, okay, that’s understandable; I mean if that’s all you got to work with, you know…” I said, trying to reassure him. He nodded and sniffled a bit. “Hendrick, you know what to do.” I said bravely, as he latched on to the puppy and sucked on it a bit. The Lillipup was a lot tougher than the rest, so he managed to wriggle free and use Work Up, which boosted his stats. “I’d better finish him off quick before he uses a real attack with those buffed up stats.” I said aloud, and ordered my electric spider to use Leech Life again. Somehow, he missed and the Lillipup landed a critical hit on my Galvantula, which weakened it severely. “Hendrick, return!” I cried quickly, before the spider or dog could react. I panted slightly. “Okay, you’ve proven their worth. I can’t play around anymore.” Chili looked pleased with himself. I selected another ball from my belt, knowing who was inside and I grinned evilly. “Oh Mew, what’s in that ball?” Cress asked, looking worried. “I’ll show you!” I said gleefully as I tossed the ball into the air. My six foot tall sheep-like pokemon landed on the floor, shaking the place a little. “Palulululu!” Misty cried, turning her head to look at me and flailing her short arms. “A-a-ampharos?” Cress shrunk back in fear. Misty’s head perked up and looked at Cress, smiling at him before starting to dance. “Ohhh, I get it! Water “cress”, hah, that’s funny.” I chuckled to myself as the rest of the gym leaders just stared at me. Chili cracked a smile finally. “No one ever notices that!”

We returned to the battle, my Ampharos dancing happily, awaiting my orders. I knew that the puppy would most likely get a hit in because it was faster, but Misty’s bulk took could take it easily. “Misty, Thundershock!” I called over to her, completely focused on the match. Chili commanded the puppy to use Tackle, and after the fluffy brown animal leapt at Misty, she shocked it with a jolt from her short horns. It fell to the ground and fainted. Chili called it back into its pokeball. “Not bad, not bad at all, Chaos…but this is what sets us apart from our Gym trainers!” He cried, throwing a similar pokeball onto the ground. A Pansear stood up and yawned loudly. “Oh, a fire-type.” I said softly. It was a monkey like pokemon with a mop of red hair and red fur on its legs. The Pansear was ordered to Incinerate Ampharos, and I could only watch in horror as a stream of flames enveloped my pokemon. Misty coughed slightly, but emerged from the flames looking only a little singed and a lot pissed off. “Thundershock,” I reminded her gently, and she had no problems moving over closer to the monkey and giving it the shock of its life. It fell as easily as the puppy, and Chili recalled it with a small smile on his face.

Posted ImagePosted Image

He claimed, before handing me the official gym badge. It was very pretty, and fit neatly in my badges case. The shape was a little odd… “Don’t say what it looks like.” He warned me with a stern look on his face. Well, okay, I was just going to say it looked like a two headed spear, but whatever. I smiled at the three. “Well, thanks so much for letting me challenge you guys.” …Also for letting me beat you so easily, I thought to myself.

Posted ImagePosted Image

“You’d better be prepared for them. Not everyone uses elemental monkeys and Lillipups!” He laughed lightly before grabbing me in a hug. I returned it happily because he smelled wonderful. Now, if he didn’t have green hair… “I’ll visit sometime! You guys make excellent Alfredo.” I complimented them, and they all laughed nervously. I rolled my eyes and left. Boys, I swear…

-----------------------------

Karpeh!!! <333 I appreciate your support, and thanks for remotivating me to continue my updating! It started to feel like a chore, but going and reading and imagining things makes it all worthwhile! You continue hacking, and I'll continue writing. Playing to our strengths, so to speak.

But between work, EpicMafia, Derp Emerald testing, shopping for school, and starting back to school, I just haven't had the patience, energy, or motivation to work on this. But I'm back and better than ever, so don't worry! I expect to have another update by next Sunday, if not sooner. We will see Belle's hidden talents and discover Team Plasma! What role will they play? Will Fennel be awesome? Will Chaos ever give Cheren the time of day? Will N successfully woo Chaos? Tune in next time, my faithful viewers!

Also, I'd like to take a second and congratulate myself on getting my first badge on the forums. Good job Felicity! At this rate, we might have another badge by March! >.<'
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Karp
Member Avatar
FrankerZ

Oh no, I had no idea you updated! I'm sorry for replying 5 days late to this. :sweatdrop:

Anyways, this is still great :P It sounds like you had a pretty easy time with the gym.

I'll always be here if you need motivation, because it'd be a shame to see something like this get dropped.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LeviLamprey
Member Avatar
Revival Herb!

Ohnoes, the updates dried up! :o
You have some serioous luck with your team though!
The one time I tried a Bug Randomlocke, I got a Caterpie, Kricketot, Weedle, Wurmple, Cascoon and three Ledyba. I gave up, needless to say.
Amazing avatar by the amazing EmeraldOx.

Stuff
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hawkfire
Member Avatar
*helicopter hands off into the distance*

Just saw this, it's starting out promisingly!
Like Karp said, stories are severly under-acknowledged... But don't give up, even if the comment counter is a bit low.

tunglr
Large
Offline Profile Goto Top

♠♣ SilverStrangequark ♦♥
Member Avatar
root@ssq:~$
[AUTOMATED] This topic has been moved to the Incomplete Runs section as it is inactive. If the OP of the post wants this to be open, please PM a moderator or administrator.
Posted Image

Updates Wednesdays and Saturdays

Posted Image

Updates Sundays
Admin of: Project NuzlockeDex Posted Image Full list of nuzlocke runs: Nuzlocke Collection
One Pokémon a week: Top 50 Challenge Posted Image Discord server: Nuzlocke Read for Read
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Incomplete Written Story Runs · Next Topic »
Locked Topic