Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Pride Month Create-a-thon has now begun! Don't forget to check out Featured Fan Runs - this run really shouldn't be Lost in the Stream!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the PokÚmon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lost Emerald; FINISHED! (21/01/2012)
Topic Started: Jul 22 2011, 11:25 AM (31,566 Views)
TheEdgeOfForever
Member Avatar
charliemew2 sucks
Hey! Welcome to my new run! I delayed the start of this a bit because I was working on my hack (Here , play it!), but here we are now.

As the title says, this is an Emerald run, and the rules are:

Rules:

1. May only catch the first Pokemon you see in a new area (after getting Pokeballs). Shinies are the only exception.
2. If the first Pokemon you see is of the same evolution line than a Pokemon you have already caught, then you can catch the next Pokemon you see (dupes clause).
3. If a Pokemon faints, it's dead and will be boxed forever.
4. Pokemon can't be boxed unless they die or unless they are caught when the team is full.
5. If a Pokemon must be withdrawn from the box, it has to be selected randomly.
6. SET mode!

This is a bit similar to what Notepad and others do, but I allow myself to box extra Pokemon. Why I am using these weird rules will be explained in the story. So anyway, let's begin!

Table of Contents!

----------------------------------------------

#1: Lost.

Posted Image

A boy had just woken up in a dark place. The sound of silence was really hurting his ears... He seemed oddly confused by it.

Suddenly, he heard a voice...

Posted Image

"My name's Professor Birch," the voice said. "You are finally awake!" the man then cheered.

Professor Birch had a pretty deep voice, which surprised the boy. Birch actually expected the boy to say something, but there was no answer.

"I guess you're still too shocked," Birch commented. "You were unconscious for six months after all".

"Six months?!" the boy thought, as some memories came back to him....

Posted Image

The boy was standing on a boat, which seemed to had lost control. People were running and shouting everywhere.

"PEEEKOOO!!!!!!!!!!" an old man shouted as he climbed the stairs as fast as he could.

However, the boy didn't move. A loud crash was then heard and a voice came through the boat's speakers: "EVACUATE IMMEDIATLY!".

The boy still didn't move though, and before he could notice the crash made him fly towards a door, breaking it. The boy was left unconscious after that, but a girl who that had been near him the whole time saved him.

"Anyway, it's not that important if you don't talk now," Birch then continued. "I guess I'll explain you what is happening. But, first, let me hand you this," he said and gave the boy a sheet of paper.

"Hoenn explorers inscription sheet, the hell is this?" the boy thought as he read the first line of the paper.

"You may be confused now, but write your information there and I'll explain," Birch told the boy, apparently guessing what the boy was thinking.

"Name..."

Posted Image

"Age... 16, Place of origin... Kanto". Breden rapidly finished filling the sheet and then handed it back to Birch.

"Great, thanks," Birch said. "I'll explain this briefly. You, me, and a lot of other people were traveling on a boat from Kanto to Sinnoh... But it crashed here, in the Hoenn region. You were left unconscious after the crash, but a girl saved you".

Birch stood quiet for a second, waiting to see if Breden had something to say, but he didn't.

"Then, we escaped the boat thanks to some of the survivors' water Pokemon. But when we reached land we found something amazing," Birch continued. "We found a big city, Petalburg, but it was abandoned. Almost abandoned really, because there was a man called Norman living there. He helped us settling there. We then separated into groups to explore this region. We found more cities: Rustboro, Dewford, Slateport, Mauville... All of them almost abandoned too".

Breden still didn't talk, but his face showed he was confused by what Birch was saying.

"Anyway, this may be too much for you to take now, so come visit me at my laboratory," Birch said. "We are now on a truck heading towards Littleroot Town. The girl that saved you in the boat will be waiting for you," he finished.

Breden then fell asleep, it was too much information...

* A day later *

Posted Image

Breden woke up, but now it wasn't dark. Maybe they had arrived?

He decided to go out...

Posted Image

"I've been taking care of you, sorry if I act weirdly..." she explained.
"T-th-thanks..." Breden then said, having some trouble speaking.
"Don't worry!" she responded. "Now, come with me," she told Breden and entered the house that was next to them...

Posted Image

"Petalburg was full, so I decided to continue taking care of you here," the girl explained. "Norman of Petalburg also helped in watching after you. We called ourselves Mom and Dad, how silly!".

Breden didn't know what to respond, he was grateful but the girl seemed scary.

Posted Image

"But I think you met him already, his name is Professor Birch," she said.
"I-I've m-met him," Breden responded.
"He lives next door, you may want to visit him!" the girl then suggested.

Breden agreed and left the house. Littleroot was a very small town, so he easily found Birch's house. But Birch wasn't there, instead, he met...

Posted Image

...Birch's daughter.

"Are you Breden?" the girl asked, and Breden nodded. "My father has been talking about you all day, that you survived and all that crap".
"Wh-where is he?" Breden responded, ignoring her whining.
"I don't know," she answered. "You could search for him. That would make him happier than seeing me anyway".
"S-sure..." Breden replied and then left. That girl was scary.

Breden left the house and thought about entering the laboratory that was near him, but some shouts stopped him...

Posted Image

He could recognize the deep voice.

Posted Image

"Breden!" Birch shouted. "Grab one of the Pokemon there and save me!"

It was just a Zigzagoon, but Breden didn't hesitate and ran towards the bag...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Which one was he going to choose?

----------------------------------------------

Comments:
- Story starts being introduced. You can notice this has some influences from Lost, and it will continue to have some. But don't worry, the main plot won't be related to Lost at all, so this won't seem similar to Nuzlocke's comic.
- We also meet the main character, Breden. He seems quiet and a bit mysterious, different from my last protagonist.
- Also Birch and May appear. Man with PEEKO also does a small cameo.

On the next update: A fighter.

Comment!
Edited by TheEdgeOfForever, Jan 21 2012, 03:47 PM.
Current Run: The End of a Metrilogy.

Storyshots
Soul Silver Nuzlocke Run, Platinum Enhanced Nuzlocke Run.
Lost Emerald.

Silly Runs

Alternate Evolutions V1 Nuzlocke Run.
Only Metronome Run Part 2!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fireburn
Member Avatar
Walkin' on air.
I'll be watching. :v:

Also the title of your next update implies you'll be picking Torchic (Fire/Fighting), but maybe it's too obvious.

Haberdasher
Member Avatar
Mementrollnome

Watching this 'til the end. :3:
Dashing Red

Harbor Emerald

Harbor Red

Sylvie
Member Avatar
01111001 01101001 01101011 01100101 01110011
A new adventure with a new protagonist...
And it looks like that accident did not affect Briney and PEEKO's love of sailing.

Icy
Member Avatar
The actual fuck

PEEEEEEEEKKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :v:

stalking following this.

also did you pick torchic?
Edited by Icy, Jul 22 2011, 12:14 PM.
Old stuff

LLB
Member Avatar
Fu-fu-fu-fu-fuck a signature
HELL YES NEW EDGE RUN

This looks fairly awesome. I will be watching like a hawk.
eh

Orcinus
No Avatar
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Yay, new Edge run! I bet you didn't pick Torchic, that's just kind of obvious, heh

Zadikall
Member Avatar
I got dem moves like Jagger
Oh heck yes! ITS ON!!!

I was wating for this so badly... Dude, you're my idol on this forum :3:

No love for Treecko? Shiyt..
Storm the front: Zadikalls Storm Silver Nuzlocke

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Pvt.Parts Lexandre Porkchop

Completed Runs

charliemew2
Member Avatar
Later Nuz
I don't care which he picks! It'll be awesome!

Although if you need a choice then Torchic all the way

Besides, Breden seems interesting so far and it will be fun to watch his character.

Watching this one Edge :D
Former mod for FCR, studying game design. no longer active.

Miss ya'll

Kesha
Member Avatar
fucking kesha sand

Hope this'll be as good as your last one. Definitely watching this.
Flandre

God all this whining, since when did the tumblr "pls dont triggr me" brigade join the forums.

Chill.
Read this run.

Kaz
Member Avatar
Lord of the Sand
I kinda hope he picks Mudkip. I always liked them from the beginning.

So yeah, this seems cool, I'll be watchin'. I assume it's just a run of normal Emerald?
Judge not by the quantity of posts, but by the quality of posts.
I only criticize people I love. And people I hate. You can never really tell.
Dennis? Arceus? I believe in Mr. Pokemon.

Moti
Member Avatar
That guy with the Dennis

Oh man, this will be great.
I like how this is completely irrelevant to your other story...

Following!
I don't really do Nuzlocke anymore. Might come back someday.
Don't count on it.

darkraiku
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
This will be epic..
BTW Choose the KungFuChicken!
Posted Image
Raikou, the glitch pokemon 1000X cooler than missingno.

AliJack
Member Avatar
#AU79
TREECKO
Loser.

Trollton
No Avatar
On the PO Server
im with darkraiku the KUNGFUCHICKEN is best

also...

OH MY GOD ITS A NEW RUN
WATCHIN
Edited by Trollton, Jul 23 2011, 06:48 PM.

Darth Mewtwo
Member Avatar
Lord of all Psychic-types
Go with the meme... you know who I mean...

Good luck
/watches
Current Run:
Regular (Plus fuck Audinos) Blacklocke
Deaths: 3 Badges: 1
Posted Image AGAIN THIS MORNING ON THE SAME POKEMON WTF?!?!?!?
Past Runs:
Black Randomlocke (Unpublished) COMPLETE
Deaths: 8 Badges: 8
Posted Image
Mewtwo Solo COMPLETE
Deaths: 0 Badges: 8 Legends Killed: All
Posted Image

Click for lolzy gifs WARNING MAY CAUSE LAG

Spidermimi
No Avatar
I love Skittles.
This is getting interesting... a lot of abandoned cities...

And I'm really wondering which starter you will choose.

Chimaru
Member Avatar
Now you're thinking with portals
Alrighty it's a new (Breden) run!

Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image

Steven_Nara
Member Avatar
Otaku (Anime/manga nerd)
Alright 3 or more people say choose torchic, I say agreed.
I hope this is succesful.

Question: Has the run been completed already or just started?
My Nuzlockes/challenges

Images done by awesome people

TheEdgeOfForever
Member Avatar
charliemew2 sucks
Replies!

Thanks for all the comments guys, makes me want to update faster!

-----------------------------------------

#2: A fighter

A man was standing in the center of a ring, a crowd surrounding him.

Posted Image

"And now, for the main event!" the man announced. "The three-way match for the PWF champion title!" he shouted.

The crowd started shouting and applauding wildly as the music for the first battler started playing. It was a heavy metal tune, fast and aggressive.

"Our first contender, weighing 11 pounds..." the announcer started saying and the crowd turned even crazier. "...Mr. T!"

A Treecko, accompanied by his trainer, entered the ring. Mr. T was one of the most popular Pokemon of the Pokemon Wrestling Federation, and he knew it. His way of walking showed a lot of confidence and when he climbed onto the ring he started waving at the crowd. Some girls even fainted, he was just THAT popular.

The music then stopped and a second tune started. This was one was also heavy, but was very slow and violent. The crowd recognized the tune and started booing.

"Our second challenger, weighing 5.5 pounds..." the announcer said. "... the big red machine, Kane!" he shouted as two big columns of fire appeared from the ground.

A Torchic then entered the field. Unlike Mr. T, Kane was hated by the crowd, probably because it was very violent. Kane then climbed onto the ring and gave a menacing look at Mr. T. Kane and Mr. T had always been rivals.

A third tune then started. This one was very different, because it was very silly.

"And now, weighing 16.8 pounds..." the man announced. "... the PWF champion, M-Pak!" he shouted.

Now a Mudkip entered the field. M-Pak was strange, had a funny way of walking and looked a bit silly. Nobody knew how he was the champion...

"Trainers, you know the rules," the announcer then said. "Only physical attacks, no items and no external help. FIGHT!" the man finished and left the field.

Posted Image

"We meet again, Mr. T," Kane said, with an evil tone.
"I'm not interested in you, you're not the champion," Mr. T responded, completely ignoring him.
"Whatever, you won't say that when this match ends," Kane challenged.
"We'll see..." Mr. T replied.

"Come on Breden, just pick one!" Birch shouted. He was starting to panic.

"S-s-sorry..." Breden responded and then picked one of the balls.

"I guess this one will do," he thought as he sent out a Pokemon...

Posted Image

"Finally free!" Mr. T said.
"You want to save this man?!" the Zigzagoon challenged.
"I actually don't care, but Mr. T doesn't refuse a challenge!" Mr. T answered.

Posted Image

"And that's what you get for messing with the great Mr. T!" Mr. T then mocked as the Zigzagoon fell defeated.

Posted Image

"Thanks Breden, that Zigzagoon was a beast," Birch said.

Breden didn't respond. In fact, he was actually frozen, apparently shocked.

"Are you okay?" Birch asked.
"D-d-did you h-hear that?" Breden answered.
"What, if you mean Treecko saying 'tree-treecko' then I did," Birch responded.

"Treecko didn't say that... I understood everything both Pokemon said..." Breden thought, still shocked.

"You know, I've been studying Pokemon for a long time," Birch then said. "And I'm sure that Treecko and Zigzagoon were saying very nice things to each other!".
"S-sure," Breden responded.
"Anyway, let's go to the lab," Birch then suggested.

* At the lab *

Posted Image

"As I was telling you yesterday, it seems this whole region is almost abandoned," Birch said. "Something odd must be happening here and we-".
"I'll join you," Breden interrupted. He was very intrigued by what was happening.
"That's great!" Birch responded. "You'll obviously need all the help you can get, so I'll give you the Treecko!".

Posted Image

"Thanks," Breden said.
"Not a problem," Birch responded. "Anyway, let me tell you something. You and me aren't the only explorers, my daughter May is helping us too!"

Breden didn't say anything.

"She's gone though, and I can't find her..." Birch continued.

Posted Image

"I'm not really sure," Breden answered with a scared tone.
"She doesn't bite!" Birch responded. "She probably isn't too far, so you'll find her easily. Now, go!".
"Bu-" Breden tried to say.
"GO!" Birch interrupted.

Breden had no choice so he left the lab.

However, he was curious about the fact that he had been able to understand Mr. T, so he decided to release Mr. T from the Pokeball...

Posted ImagePosted Image

"Now, how can I get this little guy to talk again..." Breden wondered. "I guess I'll try talking to him..."

"Mr. T!" Breden then shouted, grabbing the Treecko's attention.
"That's my name, don't waste it," Mr. T responded.
"Wait... You understood me?" Breden then asked, now even more confused.
"I... I actually did," Mr. T answered, getting confused too. Breden freaked out and called Mr. T back to his Pokeball.

"I can talk to them?!" Breden asked himself. "This region and me were meant to meet each other..."

Breden then exited Littleroot Town, he had to look for May after all.

Posted Image

And after some walking, he found her.

"May," he said.
"It's you again," May responded with a disappointed tone.
"Your father sent me here," Breden explained.
"My fa-" May answered but suddenly stopped when she noticed Breden was holding a Pokeball.

Posted Image

"He didn't need to do that," May said. "He only needed ME!" she then shouted.
"C-c-calm down," Breden responded, scared.
"No!" May replied. "This has gone too far, you're going down!" she shouted again, grabbing a Pokeball.

Posted Image

"My father only needs one assistant, not two!" May said.
"I guess I can't avoid this," Breden responded, grabbing Mr. T's Pokeball.

Posted Image

"Kane?!" Mr. T shouted.
"We meet again, Mr. T," Kane then said, as usual. "Thought you had got rid of me?"

M-Pak, Kane and Mr. T were still fighting for the championship. The three wanted to win, and they kept attacking.

Until one of them fainted...

Posted Image

... M-Pak.

"It's just you and me, Mr. T," Kane said. He had knocked out M-Pak with a strong kick.
"Just how you wanted it to happen," Mr. T responded. "But I'll win!"

Mr. T then charged towards Kane with incredible speed, but before he could hit, the Torchic jumped and prepared a strong kick. Both Pokemon then crashed and fell to the ground.

But one of them stood up...

Posted Image

... Mr. T.

"And the NEW PWF champion is..." the announcer said, carrying a belt. "Mr. T!" he finished, as the crowd went wild.

"I still don't forget that battle," Kane said in a very angry tone.
"Not my fault that you are weak," Mr. T mocked.
"Mock me all you want idiot," Kane responded. "But the rules here are different," Kane challenged as a ball of fire formed in its mouth.
"What?!" Mr. T shouted, now scared.
"Say goodbye!" Kane shouted as he tried to launch the ball of fire. However, he couldn't control it and his attack was worthless.

Posted Image

"You're pathetic," Mr. T mocked as Kane fell defeated.

Posted Image

"Really?" Breden asked.
"No, I was being ironic," May responded. "Anyway, I'll have my revenge. I guess we can go to the lab now" she said and left towards Littleroot.

Breden followed her.

------------------------------------

Comments:
- It was Treecko!
- So we meet two new characters, Mr. T and Kane. Hope you liked their backstory, since more of it will be revealed later.
- Also, more stuff about Breden. He can talk to Pokemon but apparently the rest of the people can't.

On the next update: #3: The big fan.

Comment!
Edited by TheEdgeOfForever, Dec 7 2011, 11:24 PM.
Current Run: The End of a Metrilogy.

Storyshots
Soul Silver Nuzlocke Run, Platinum Enhanced Nuzlocke Run.
Lost Emerald.

Silly Runs

Alternate Evolutions V1 Nuzlocke Run.
Only Metronome Run Part 2!

Kesha
Member Avatar
fucking kesha sand

His name is Mr. T and there hasn't been an "I pity the fool..." joke yet?

And Breden can understand Pokemon? That seems pretty interesting.
Flandre

God all this whining, since when did the tumblr "pls dont triggr me" brigade join the forums.

Chill.
Read this run.

charliemew2
Member Avatar
Later Nuz
Kesha
Jul 24 2011, 12:21 PM
^

Anyway, I love the backstories you always come up with for characters. Mr. T will be a bitchin Treecko :D
Former mod for FCR, studying game design. no longer active.

Miss ya'll

Fireburn
Member Avatar
Walkin' on air.
Blargh y u no use Torchic. :(

Treecko is still cool, though. :v:

Icy
Member Avatar
The actual fuck

Treecko is cool and all, but torchic is superior.

I was totally caught off guard by this surprising starter choice
Old stuff

Moti
Member Avatar
That guy with the Dennis

Awesome backstory, and I can't help but reading Mr. T's lines with the original Mr. T's voice. xD

Another excellent chapter, please keep it up!
I don't really do Nuzlocke anymore. Might come back someday.
Don't count on it.

tho_freakin_mas
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Yes! A new Edge run!

Looks really good so far. Following for sure.

Looking forward to seeing how Mr. T works out. Good Luck.

Posted Image

Chimaru
Member Avatar
Now you're thinking with portals
Kesha
Jul 24 2011, 12:21 PM

And Breden can understand Pokemon? That seems pretty interesting.
I was totally expecting this. :coolshades:
Posted Image

Disciple
Member Avatar
Indigo League Champion
I pity the foo who doesn't pick Treecko in Emerald.

I mean, seriously, takes out Aqua AND the ground portion of Magma, and a gym leader and a champion that are water-based.

I <3 Torchic, but man is he a handicap in Emerald. Ruled in R/S when the champion used Steel though.

I fully support the choice of Mr. T.

littlebattler
Member Avatar
Black Username is Best
Oh, so here's your next run.
Stumbled around for a moment there.

Okay, treecko. Nice. Pokemon wrestling? Hoo boy.
Posted Image

darkraiku
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Well treecko it is then. Just be careful. Treecko has a habit of.. well dying. (Rmember 5 weakness)
Posted Image
Raikou, the glitch pokemon 1000X cooler than missingno.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Completed Screenshot and Written Log Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply