Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Sit down for some tea, and the featurers will find a run that's a match for you!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the PokÚmon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pokemon: It just bugs me.
Topic Started: Aug 7 2011, 02:13 AM (58,094 Views)
HeatEdgeSword
Member Avatar
That's a dragon.

Post anything related to pokemon that bugs you here.
Let's see,why the hell aren't they any wild Staraptor in DPPt?
Check out my other runs!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Twelfth Crusader
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
In SoulSilver/HeartGold, I hate how you can't buy coins from the coin corner. I don't mind the Voltorb Flip and it's not that hard but it takes ageeeees to get coins in it.

Also, event Pokemon annoy me too. I like the idea of giving away Pokemon but Nintendo don't do it very often in the UK which means I can never get any of the really cool guys.
Twitter | Last fm | Xbox Live | PSN: TwelfthCrusader

Breloom RIP
Member Avatar
Indigo League Champion
The fact that the game makers constantly feel the need to make wild pokemon that can inflict statuses and pseudo-statuses common.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Runnerman
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
All of my concerns are strictly to In-Game. I'm not a fan of competitive battling.

There needs to be more dragon pokemon that are not legendaries.
There needs to be more Ghost pokemon, period.
Event Pokemons make me sad :(
If the next Fire starter evolves into a Fire/Fighting type I swear I'm gonna punch somebody.
Grass Pokemons need some love. While their are some outstanding individuals, they are frequently outshone by others.
Eevee needs an Eeveeloution of EVERY ELEMENT. (This is more of a silly wish) A white Eevee flying type covered in feathers? Do want.

I wish Nintendo would stop adding "baby" pokemon. It was cool the first few times, but I'm really glad they discontinued it in Black and White--it was starting to feel like they were padding the Pokedex.

My biggest peeve, however, is that I feel the cartridges should allow you more than one save file. If Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the GBA can have three save files, AND an entire extra game (Four swords adventures), then damnit, lemme have two files.

Old Peeves I have that have been corrected:

Running Shoes!!

In Black and White, the natural movepools of pokemon tend to be their primary element, and normal. I do rather like how they are making each pokemon fit into a specific role, since it feels much more like the First Gen.

Heal Balls!

We live this life
breath to breath
we're all the same
we all bleed red.

musical
Member Avatar
Forgetful Writer
In hg and ss I HATED the ridiculously low leveled wild pokemon. While grinding for the 8th badge, I spent hours leveling up my pokemon to level 40 on lv 24 pokemon. I thought it would get better in the kanto portion cause the trainers and gym leaders are stronger, but no. The wild pokemon had to have the same exact levels as in generation 1. It really pissed me off. Now I'm trying to get my team strong enough to fight red, and I'm having lv 60 pokemon fight lv 40 pokemon

I also hate the phone systems to rebattle people. The vs seeker was awesome! I coul rebattle people in a heartbeat and not have to wait for them to call me and say "yeah I can battle" In black and white, they should have brought it back. There's no way to rebattle trainers, which annoys me too. I have to train on wild pokemon only.
VOICE:
A Yellow Nuzlocke as Told by Archer

~Updating Is Slightly Sporadic~
Story Progress: Chapter 10 - April 19th
In-game Progress: Pokemon Tower Quest
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
| Archer | Harmony | Snowplow | Yogurt |
Badges: 1 Deaths: 1
In-Game Team

LightningLord2
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Mauville Gym
Why people hail the first version so much - it is the first of the series, but I'm highly pleased by Nintendo fixing up the flaws it had (most notably the glitches and balance problems). Also, the ability to relearn old moves and getting Pokemon at a lower level through breeding were welcome additions. What still bothers me is that the interface for the PC to change Pokemon is kinda slow.
I hate imageshack now

Touhoumon Mercury
"Now, once again...everything shall be
purged!! This stuttering and weak era will
be replaced by a supreme, ultimate, evil
fundoshi hell!!"

X-Naut
Member Avatar
Because Garon's a dick.
The developers not only realizing that a lot of their players are veterans, but assuming the viewer can only read as fast as a retarded turtle. Seriously, if you're going to make a painfully long catching tutorial, then you could at least have the courtesy to let us skip it.

Also, the ridiculous amount of railroading in the newer games. I'm looking at you, DPPt.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Let's play FE6 again but with FE10 stats. On Hard. (COMPLETE)

On indeterminate hiatus

Retired Coach of the New Jersey Dwebbles. Record: Runner-Up (Season 2), Champion (Season 3), Runner-Up (Season 4), Semi-Finalist (Season 6)
Avatar is from ghast's "This is what happens in Fire Emblem ____" series.

BlazeMarshall
Member Avatar
Gimme your best shot.
Honestly, my peeve is Kanto in the Johto games. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only thing in Kanto that is higher-levelled than Victory Road before the Elite Four (which you've beaten to get there) are Gym Leaders.

Wild Pokemon? Same level as the Kanto games.
Non-gym trainers? All level 25-35. No exceptions.

Considering we've beaten the Elite Four, which means we're fully capable of taking on at LEAST level 50's, could the levels maybe start to increase just a LITTLE bit?

Being able to visit Kanto is nice, but when the entire goddamn region is weaker than the wild pokemon I used to grind for the League that I've already beaten, it really dampens one's enthusiasm.

At least the Sevii islands had half-decent levels.
Edited by BlazeMarshall, Aug 7 2011, 08:28 AM.
Blaze's Miscellaneous Stuff

Blaze's incomplete works

X-Naut
Member Avatar
Because Garon's a dick.
BlazeMarshall
Aug 7 2011, 08:27 AM
Honestly, my peeve is Kanto in the Johto games. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only thing in Kanto that is higher-levelled than Victory Road before the Elite Four (which you've beaten to get there) are Gym Leaders.

Wild Pokemon? Same level as the Kanto games.
Non-gym trainers? All level 25-35. No exceptions.

Considering we've beaten the Elite Four, which means we're fully capable of taking on at LEAST level 50's, could the levels maybe start to increase just a LITTLE bit?

Being able to visit Kanto is nice, but when the entire goddamn region is weaker than the wild pokemon I used to grind for the League that I've already beaten, it really dampens one's enthusiasm.

At least the Sevii islands had half-decent levels.
Well, technically it IS a different league, and it would be nigh impossible for people in Kanto to start their journeys with no low-level pokemon to grind on.

Honestly, I think they should have raised the bar for Mt. Silver. How levels 40-50 are too dangerous for someone without all 16 gym badges I'll never know. If they raised the levels by 10 or 15, put tougher pokemon in there, and added a few tough trainers on Route 28, it would be a lot better.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Let's play FE6 again but with FE10 stats. On Hard. (COMPLETE)

On indeterminate hiatus

Retired Coach of the New Jersey Dwebbles. Record: Runner-Up (Season 2), Champion (Season 3), Runner-Up (Season 4), Semi-Finalist (Season 6)
Avatar is from ghast's "This is what happens in Fire Emblem ____" series.

Miracle Pop, Naru
Member Avatar
Read me like a book Rohan-Senpai.

it bugs me that there are a lack of good bug types.

and ghost types.

Stuff.

Shinymon
Member Avatar
The Writer Who Doesn't Write

>lack of good bug types
Scizor, Ninjask, Yanmega.... Yeah, pretty much it.
What really bugs me is that Burgh has a butterfly near his crotch

LightningLord2
Member Avatar
X-Naut
Aug 7 2011, 08:11 AM
The developers not only realizing that a lot of their players are veterans, but assuming the viewer can only read as fast as a retarded turtle. Seriously, if you're going to make a painfully long catching tutorial, then you could at least have the courtesy to let us skip it.

Also, the ridiculous amount of railroading in the newer games. I'm looking at you, DPPt.
This is nothing compared to the tutorial of the Trading Card Game - you have to sit through an entire game where you have to follow every single instruction of your tutor on the slowest text speed.
I hate imageshack now

Touhoumon Mercury
fundoshi hell!!"

akicakes
Member Avatar
fabulous max

How before Gen IV, Ghost type moves are physical. Seriously, what the fuck, GameFreak. What is the point of my Gengar? How is that logical?

The ultra low levels of everything in Kanto in G/S/C bothered me so much too... but they really fixed it in HG/SS!

-runs currently on hiatus-
Posted Image

xerovene
Member Avatar
Some Dude
Lack of multiple save files.

Lack of Clefable in Mt. Moon. There are Clefairy, and you can FIND like 2 or 3 moon stones just lying on the ground in Mt. Moon, but it's impossible to encounter Clefable.
Edited by xerovene, Aug 7 2011, 11:59 AM.
click here for lolz
Successful Runs

Failed/Abandoned Runs

Ongoing Runs

Why do I do this to myself?

Team Communitylocke Yellow Team!
Posted Image

Future (pokemon-related) Plans

Twelfth Crusader
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Have to agree with a lot of stuff said here. Having really low levelled pokemon in SS/HG is insanely annoying, as is the phone system and the tutorials.

I also really dislike HMs. I don't mind the idea of them but having to give up a move to use them is just annoying. Plus, most of the HMs are Water which means if I don't want to use HM slaves my water guy has to have Surf, Waterfall, Dive/Whirlpool which is ridiculous. However if HMs were just unlocked and could be sued by any Pokemon that makes sense it would be much more enjoyable. E.g. My Lapras can definitely swim, my Altaria can definitely fly and my Nidoking should be more than capable of smashing and pushing rocks without a specific move.
Twitter | Last fm | Xbox Live | PSN: TwelfthCrusader

Shinon
Member Avatar
Evil Metal Fairy Queen

I agree with a lot of stuff that has been said here.

One thing that bugs me a lot is the ridiculous amount of HM moves in DPPt. And not just that but also the fact that you have to use them all through the game. It really pisses me off.
Posted Image

LightningLord2
Member Avatar
B/W lowered the need for HMs by reducing the amount of times where you have to use an HM to one. And said HM is Cut, which can easily be taught to your monkey. Ghost was physical because all of Ghost's attacks that had non-fixed damage but one were executed physically (Lick, Shadow Punch, Astonish). What was strange is that all Dark moves were used physically by physical-oriented mons (the sole exceptions being Houndour, Houndoom, Nuzleaf and Shiftry), yet it was special.
Edited by LightningLord2, Aug 7 2011, 01:49 PM.
I hate imageshack now

Touhoumon Mercury
fundoshi hell!!"

xerovene
Member Avatar
Some Dude
Bite. Special. I'm pretty sure TEETH are SOLID.

Post-elites of Black and White. You're about level 50 after the E4. Suddenly you're being jumped by level 60-70 all over the place. I know they were trying to avoid the post-elite situation of HGSS, but they went over the top. They should've made it more linear and had it progress there instead of being able to start anywhere and having everything totally over-leveled.

Major anti fire-types. In gen 1, fire types don't have steel to be super effective against, so it's grass, bug, and ice. Except almost all the ice types are part water, so fire being good against ice is completely pointless. Bug and grass? Flying type does fire's job better, plus a third of the fire types are 4x weak to rock. Plus I'm pretty sure at least 1 other third has higher attack then special. Fire type becomes better as it goes, but then in Sinnoh fire types are near non-existent, and Unova? We have a big fat pig (who's also the third fire/fighting starter in a row), a new fire monkey (who's not interesting at all design wise), a weird... what the hell IS Daruma? I think it's just made of pure stupid. Then we have Chandelure, which is actually pretty awesome, and Volcarona, who is rather boring design wise and gets lots of attention for a unique typing, good movepool, and stats. So the fire type started rising from gen 1 to gen 3, and is no falling pretty badly.

I'm sure there are more I'll come up with later.
click here for lolz
Successful Runs

Failed/Abandoned Runs

Ongoing Runs

Why do I do this to myself?

Team Communitylocke Yellow Team!
Posted Image

Future (pokemon-related) Plans

Urahara
Member Avatar
Smile for the ult, baby!
I was actually going to post a thread like this soon over a massive peeve of mine.

Gamefreak, why the fuck didn't you put an icy rock in the seafoam islands and a moss rock in viridian forest for HGSS? Trading to DPPt just to get myself a glaceon was obnoxious as all fuck.

Also: trade evolutions are kinda retarded.
YOU DECIDE MY FATE! Scorched earth 2.0 nuzlocke
Posted Image~JamesPosted Image~GabrielPosted Image~VeronaPosted Image~Trixie

Ryua
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Why didn't Liepard get Bite?
Posted Image
Halfblood

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pokemon · Next Topic »
Add Reply