Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Now isn't this a familiar face?
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to Nuzlocke Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokemon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find out that, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[INCOMPLETE][Mature] In Black and White Comic; 14. July update!
Topic Started: Aug 27 2011, 09:06 AM (170,847 Views)
wasserbienchen
Member Avatar
Quality and Quantity!
In Black and White
A Nuzlocke Comic by Wasserbienchen

Welcome to my White Nuzlocke run.

My name is Wasserbienchen, and some of you may already know me from Deviantart, where I used to post these comics to. Now, they are also available here due to popular demand.

This story takes place in a setting that is completely different from the innocent world of Pokémon we usually get to see. Pokémon are not friends, they're not recognised as living beings - no, they are tools. Tools for humanity to achieve goals, battled to death. In this environment, Team Plasma flourishes as a group… but who is to judge evil or good? Is the world really all that black and white?

Please sit back, relax, and enjoy.

RULESET

Some of the parts may contain violence, nudity - I recommend an age of 14+. There's a mature Tag in the title for a reason.

View Complete Collection on Deviantart

VIEW INDIVIDUAL PARTS

Posted Image
ARC ONE (FINISHED)

Posted Image
ARC TWO (COMPLETE)

Posted Image
ARC THREE

IBAW TIDBITS (Artwork, written things, etc.)

Pictures by others

Please leave feedback :) Either here or on DA, doesn't matter.
Edited by wasserbienchen, Jul 14 2013, 02:37 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zesus
Member Avatar
Squelch
Looks beautiful, actually. I'll not read any further until I get the non-DA version of the second part of part five.
Bluh.

I flail blindly through Pokemon Crono!

hitoshura0
Member Avatar
Worst shiny ever!
Oh wow, this was pretty good. I hope you keep this up. And the slightly callous way your White is is rather unique.
I've gotta full dex and am ready to breed what you need! PM me with others/requests.

Tumblr

The Aleph Saga

Current run:
Aleph Nuzlockes through Snakewood More abominations.
I"M THE WORST SHINY EVER!!!!

Red Spearow
Member Avatar
Detective

Interesting. This is so very interesting! I can't wait. Sorry about Suchi. I like how you are writing this.
Posted Image

"Remember my name, for I am the Red Spearow. All Pidgey will come to know it, and tremble in fear."

Completed Nuzlocke fireRed:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted ImageItsKinkajouPosted Image
Member Avatar
Senselessly GAY
It's really incredible. I cried when Suchi died. :(
Posted Image

Pokemon Black FC: 4684-7845-7397

Slothtastic on love and other things

"Seriously, nothing in life should ever be spoiled for lack of adequate lubrication."

Completed Runs

Psyche
Member Avatar
LOOK FURRETS
This is quite good, I hope you keep it up :) I always like the meaner protagonist route in comics.
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

wasserbienchen
Member Avatar
Quality and Quantity!
Thank you to all. :> I'm glad you think it's interesting!

Part 5.2 is now available to the general, non DA Public. :D
Edited by wasserbienchen, Aug 27 2011, 09:39 PM.
Posted Image
CRAZY DICE YELLOW COMIC

blueblob
Member Avatar
Imma ninja caterpie
This is incredible! I think the best thing is how almost every one of your characters is flawed in some way except for N.
Epic Meal Team's epic runs!

wasserbienchen
Member Avatar
Quality and Quantity!
Okay,@finally I have time to comment extensively on people who anser here. First of all, I'm so glad that people like it. I really do try and it makes me happy that people like my work.
I think you can tell that this is different in the sense that it was done with the purpose of telling a story, not with the purpose of doing a Nuzlocke - I mean, not primarily, even though the Nuzlocke theme is, of course, very much there. Nuzlocke and Black/White just really made a deadly cocktail for me. :3 I know I'm not the greatest artist, and I know there are things to be improved, but I will improve with time, hopefully.

I really like seeing people express their thoughts, so if you do have comments, things you agree on, disagree on, please don't hesitate to write me. I will try and reply to everyone individually.
If you like, there are questions at the end of each comic from part 6; you're allowed to answer to any of these even in retrospect, if you feel like you have something to say. In general, I do recommend reading my artist's comments, which I will probably post here on further updates.

At the moment, I don't have much time to work on the comic because I'm on holiday, but normally, my updates are fairly frequent. :3

Also, if you have any criticism, don't hesitate to speak up.
Of course, just for reading, I thank you very, very much and hope you will enjoy the comic in the future, too.

Psyche: ...my Emerald Nuzlocke, which can also be found on DA, but was not continued, had a very mean protagonist. But I don't believe that White is... mean. Or even off the norm. It's a completely different premise than the normal Pokemon world and I think that on no occasion you should forget that.

Blueblob: Thanks. N seems very perfect until now... Until now. ;) I'm glad, though, because I don't intend to have perfect characters... and I'm also very glad to hear different opinions on characters. I'd probably be worried if everyone thought the same of all characters!
Posted Image
CRAZY DICE YELLOW COMIC

blueblob
Member Avatar
Imma ninja caterpie
'I'm not the greatest of artists.' Are you mad? This along with probably SABERinBLUE's comic is the greatest comic aesthetically that I've seen!

wasserbienchen
Member Avatar
Quality and Quantity!
... well... I'm flattered! xD
Probably the old artist phenomenon; I just see so many great artists with better backgrounds, better consistency, better colouring, more creative perspectives and who are less sloppy... But of course, it depends on what you expect. Nuzlockes aren't generally about the art, so it's not as important. :3
Posted Image
CRAZY DICE YELLOW COMIC

thefrozentundra
Member Avatar
The one with insane dreams

(This is Simba from DA, Hi 83)
So I see you did decide to post it here. Marvelous :D
you already know I love this run, so there isn't much more to say
Posted Image
Royal Unova: A Black Storylocke! Updated January 2nd

Life before death.
Strength before weakness.
Journey before destination.

-The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (First ideal of the Knights Radiant)

Banner by Baka

wasserbienchen
Member Avatar
Quality and Quantity!
Hey Simba :3 Good to see you!

Aaaand... UPDATE!

PART 14: Chitchat 2/2

Urgh, it's a pain to do these on holidays, but... I'm SO addicted to drawing xD"
Posted Image
CRAZY DICE YELLOW COMIC

Zesus
Member Avatar
Squelch
Lovely. Lovely. Lovely. I'll shut up now.
Bluh.

I flail blindly through Pokemon Crono!

blueblob
Member Avatar
Imma ninja caterpie
Great update!

wasserbienchen
Member Avatar
Quality and Quantity!
Thank you very much :3 I'm glad you enjoy these.

I have another update - yeah, I do these quite frequently...

Part 15: Conviction

If you read this, please tell me: Who is your favourite Character up to this point? :3
Posted Image
CRAZY DICE YELLOW COMIC

Distinct Moocher
Member Avatar
im sorry wwhat
Wow, Your art is amazing, and I really like the characters you're developing. It really makes you think about the games a lot differently. I'll definitely be following this.

Psyche
Member Avatar
LOOK FURRETS
Well I didn't quite mean it like that. :l I can't think of a better way to describe it.

Looking forward to the Lenora battle!
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

blueblob
Member Avatar
Imma ninja caterpie
Hmm Favorite character? I think it has to be N because in the game I thought he never really explained himself very well but in this comic I'd have to say, I'd probably agree with him and release my mons 'cause he makes so much sense!

wasserbienchen
Member Avatar
Quality and Quantity!
Dave: Haha, thank you. :3 I'm always happiest when I make people think.

Psyche: Don't worry, I'm sorry for misunderstanding you in that case. It's not always easy to exactly get what people mean ^^"

Blueblob: Ah, thank you :3 Of course, the world of my Nuzlocke is completely different, so I don't think the in-game verse has any plausible arguments for Team Plasma, or N. So actually, I was really displeased with Black and White's plot because Team Plasma makes little sense. I mean, it's like being vegetarian while meat grows on trees. It just stripped of meaning.
Posted Image
CRAZY DICE YELLOW COMIC

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Inactive/Failed Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply