Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Pride Month Create-a-thon has now begun! Don't forget to check out Featured Fan Runs - this run really shouldn't be Lost in the Stream!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Redemption's Fall; An Emerald Nuzlocke through the Afterlife. 1/12 - Showdown with a Fiery Leader
Topic Started: Nov 29 2011, 07:31 PM (7,862 Views)
Cypher DS
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Redemption's Fall
an Emerald Storylocke

Hush little baby, don't you cry.
Mama's gonna sing while you slowly die.

And if your body fades away,
your soul will carry on for another day.

But if your spirit's black with sin,
Heaven's barred off and you won't get in.

Hell's too steep, you'll just fade away,
in purgatory's snare all your endless days.

You'll never make it out, though you give your all.
This is the story of redemption's fall.

Virgil's Rules
Spoiler: click to toggle

Prologue - Virgil's Dream

Table of Contents Jan 12 - NEW!

Side Chapters - The Leaders' Stories

Artwork
Edited by Cypher DS, Sep 6 2016, 07:48 PM.
Posted Image
1/12 - NEW! - Crossing the Rubicon
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Quint
Member Avatar
Herpin and Derpin

This is relevant to my interests, watching like a Braviary
Final Fantasy, Restored Edition! (I return with an OA, nerds)

FAILED RUNS

COMPLETED RUNS

Pokemon_As_Leaders
Member Avatar
Oh god, not the cupcake! NOT THE CUPCAKE!!!

Love the writing style; it's got a sort of mystique to it... I'm just afraid to find a time when it'll be too much...

Looking forward to more updates!
SCRAMBLED EGGS

As the World Crumbles from Dust

LIKE TEH MUSICS?

What Pokemon Am I!?

Cypher DS
Member Avatar
Chapter 1 - Ten Things I Hate About Littleroot

Summary - Virgil's Team
Edited by Cypher DS, Jan 12 2016, 09:45 AM.
Posted Image

Slothtastic
Member Avatar
Birds, birds everywhere.

...holy shit.

Allegorical shit all up in here. This is pretty cool. And I like your ghost rules. :3:
Everybody Dies, completed in April of 2012

The Graduate Students, completed in October of 2013

And the rest

ALSO I APPEAR TO BE DOING A SCREENSHOT RUN

Also I may or may not have started a sort of self-insert...

Cypher DS
Member Avatar
There's more where that came from :)

Chapter 2 - A New Hope

Virgil's Current Team
Edited by Cypher DS, Jan 12 2016, 09:46 AM.
Posted Image

Pokemon_As_Leaders
Member Avatar

I remember way back when you put up the prologue and I say how much I was looking forward to this... I'm so glad that you finally put up new chapters (although I could've sworn that I read Chapter One before today...) and I'm really loving the style you've got going on here!

NEVER STOP THIS AGAIN!!! It deserves to continue, damn it! :v:
SCRAMBLED EGGS

LIKE TEH MUSICS?

What Pokemon Am I!?

generic4
Member Avatar

Well, this is absolutely brilliant. Here's hoping at least Megumi makes it through. Beatrice too, but they're a little more fragile.
Current run:The Simple Life (last chapter up 12/12/14)

Current team

Completed runs:
Locke's story:Broken Memories, a Sea Green storylocke and Reckoning, a Sapphire storylocke

Hawkfire
Member Avatar
*helicopter hands off into the distance*

Interesting! I'll keep an eye out on this one.

tunglr
Large

FreeInProgress
No Avatar
Faith Seeker

An interesting take! I'll be keeping a close eye on this run. It's vivid and unique, and that's all you need for success. >8D
Posted Image

GpxPlus Tumblr
DA~

Sperance
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
This is most interesting. Stalking now

Cypher DS
Member Avatar
Wow, never thought I'd be glad to collect a stalker.

So, I've been a wee bit distracted with preparing for the 2012 Wi-Fi International Tournament. I was curious to see just how well my team from my Platinum nuzlocke could stand up in competitive play. Well, let's just say I've developed a new appreciation for Smogon's tier system, and why my teammates are all UU.

I've got a few finishing touches to make, but Chapter 3 should be released by Sunday, March 24th.
Posted Image

Siffleuse
Member Avatar

So... This is just great. The way you interpret the Pokemon world is refreshing, and your writing style *.*
I am very happy I started reading this, and am definitely looking forward for more.
A Healing World (A Post-Apocalyptci LeafGreen Storylocke).

Cypher DS
Member Avatar
You won't have to wait any longer, Siffleuse - Chapter Three is ready to view.

I've decided to try something new, adding a recap to help bring older readers up to speed on events. Let me know if it's of any help or not.

Recap

Chapter 3 - The Ranger of Petalburg

Virgil's Current Team
Edited by Cypher DS, Jan 12 2016, 09:47 AM.
Posted Image

Pokemon_As_Leaders
Member Avatar

SO WORTH THE WAIT, LET ME TELL YOU THAT RIGHT NAOUGHW :v:

At first, though, I have to say that I was a bit put-off by the Supermon references (however clever they actually were), but as I continued reading, I guess it sort of clicked that Virgil's just trying to remember the good things back from home that he's missing out on by being sucked into Hoenn (Look at Captain Obvious pointing out the... well, the obvious!). I was kind of waiting for a little quirk with Petalburg, in all honesty--I mean, you've got the whole "perfect idyllic village set-up complete with self-healing wounds and memory loss" from Littleroot, and I was hoping to see something else sort of unique on that sort of level... but that's just me having wishful thinking (personally, I'll read it and fall in love with it regardless :v: I'm smitten--and that's not a word I use to describe anything EVER).

As for the end of your chapter, d'awwwwww with Robin and Amon! Something tells me that the Poochyena's gonna be more than just a protector in the long run...

Like I've said before (or maybe I haven't, I don't remember at this point...), this run is fan-fucking-tastic! I haven't read something this vivid and detailed in quite a while! Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to the next update!
SCRAMBLED EGGS

LIKE TEH MUSICS?

What Pokemon Am I!?

Sperance
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Oh, God. You didn't. You didn't make the fire-breathing mon blind. That's just asking for trouble. As with the other chapters, I loved this. And I'll admit, the part about "truth, justice and the Unovan way" just cracked me up. Keep up the good work!

Day Maker
Member Avatar
Two ducks together
Completely threw me off with Robin. Birch is a grade A prick now. Though I'm trying to figure out how Virgil didn't notice until now.

Apart from that, I have to give you credit for what you did to Wally (i.e. whacked by a flailing madman because he'd been bitten.), Though Mr. White might be forced into an unfortunate fate eventually. And I wonder what the woods will have.
That guy who'd not shut up about being optimistic about others and abused :P
Posted Image
KBKM SUMMARY
Banner by Baka

Blag
All the old run stuff moved to the blog.

generic4
Member Avatar

Huh. A blind fire-spewing and hard-kicking bird? Interesting. This run just keeps getting better.
Current run:The Simple Life (last chapter up 12/12/14)

Current team

Completed runs:
Locke's story:Broken Memories, a Sea Green storylocke and Reckoning, a Sapphire storylocke

Siffleuse
Member Avatar

Ohlala so much interesting action!
You have a way of making secondary, mildly-annoying characters interesting. Norman is my new hero, and I also enjoy Wally's character. Mostly, I appreciated your starting to give moral flaws to Virgil. I enjoy reading things where the protagonist is not beyond all reproach, but it is often hard to do (because well, writers usually love their protagonists or... get enough of them too soon and give up). This is very well done however. I also have a soft spot for physically damaged characters, so Virgil and Robin are about perfect here.
The way you develop the lore is also fascinating. I really enjoy the pseudo-medieval (and truly feudal) setting, and the political aspect of it all is getting to me. Very, very original ideas for a Pokemon run.
Thank you for your update and I have to say that awwww the end was so cute!
A Healing World (A Post-Apocalyptci LeafGreen Storylocke).

Cypher DS
Member Avatar
Siffleuse
Mar 26 2012, 06:15 PM
Ohlala so much interesting action!
You have a way of making secondary, mildly-annoying characters interesting. Norman is my new hero, and I also enjoy Wally's character. Mostly, I appreciated your starting to give moral flaws to Virgil. I enjoy reading things where the protagonist is not beyond all reproach, but it is often hard to do (because well, writers usually love their protagonists or... get enough of them too soon and give up). This is very well done however. I also have a soft spot for physically damaged characters, so Virgil and Robin are about perfect here.
The way you develop the lore is also fascinating. I really enjoy the pseudo-medieval (and truly feudal) setting, and the political aspect of it all is getting to me. Very, very original ideas for a Pokemon run.
Thank you for your update and I have to say that awwww the end was so cute!
Glad to hear that you're enjoying Virgil! Writing that boy is something of a tightrope act - I want him to come off as flawed and with unlikeable points, but I don't want his bad attitude to turn off readers at this early stage.
I must say I'm surprised at how many people enjoyed Robin's introduction to Amon. Is there some 'puppy love' there? We'll have to see!

More Comments!

Thanks to everyone who's replied so far! First, I need to make a quick announcement for those who read the chapter in the first 24 hours - I've re-read chapter three and made a few cosmetic updates (Norman explains his bread-swapping plan in more detail, I've re-written Virgil's description of Petalburg Woods) and corrected one cosmic blunder because I did not do the research. The name of Wally's ralts was supposed to be Delphi, in reference to the location of the Temple of Apollo and one of the great Greek prophets. The pokemon names in this run are all specifically chosen, either for the literal definition of the name, or in reference to other fictional characters (well, except for Ling-Ling. I just named him after my favourite brand of panda bear pot-stickers.)

I'm off to work on chapter four! Hopefully I can improve my time between deliveries.
Edited by Cypher DS, Mar 27 2012, 09:06 PM.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Written Story Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply