Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Who's your Big Daddy?
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to Nuzlocke Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokemon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find out that, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Story VS. Comic
I think the story is much better, you should write instead! 0 (0%)
I think the comic is much better, keep drawing! 2 (100%)
Total Votes: 2
Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke; 4/3/2012 PLEASE VOTE!!!
Topic Started: Jan 27 2012, 01:44 PM (959 Views)
ashgirl92
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Hello forums! This is my very first Nuzlocke run.. I have to say I am a bit nervous!! Below is my comic for the Nuzlocke, and please be patient, this is my VERY FIRST time ever doing anything with lineart, so at first few pages will be experimented on and mostly likely will suck. In real life my drawing skills.. well.. stink. I can't draw ANYTHING, so drawing even a simple circle in lineart is a huge accomplishment for me. If you have any tips or see any glaring flaws, go on and tell me, I could use all the advice I can get!

Also, for those who are reading this for the first time, please don't think the first page is what all of my pages look like. I promise they get better as they go!

ATTENTION!! PLEASE READ IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE PLEASE READ AND VOTE/Comment!! I'm trying something different...I now have a story! You see, I suck at Lineart, and I wanted to try writing instead. But, I can only do one. So. I need your help. PLEASE, all 5 of you, comment/vote and tell me which one you like bettter!!!

Here's the story
Story Nuzlocke

Here's the comic

Nuzlocke Pages

Or if you prefer my DA page: DeviantArt Page (It's a little easier to read the words/they are slightly bigger on my DA page.)

Thanks for reading... hope you like it!!
Edited by ashgirl92, Apr 3 2012, 09:12 PM.
Ashley's Emerald Cursed Nuzlocke
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ashgirl92
Member Avatar
Whoo! Here is Page 1! Finally... It took me soo long.. And yes, I stink at making people... and backgrounds... and Pokemon.. but I think it is better than my last page!

In the story, Ashley was tired of 5 years of being cooped up, so she decided to take a look around and take a walk. And poor Zigzagoon.. It only wanted to play! Also, remember that only Ashley can hear Pokemon, so Professor Birch really thinks the Zigzagoon is rabid and wants to kill him. lol.

Anyways, hope you like it!

P.s. Page 2 won't be up for a few days, most likely won't be up until the weekend. I have school unfortunately : /
Edited by ashgirl92, Feb 4 2012, 04:12 AM.

ashgirl92
Member Avatar
Page 2 is now up! I hope you like it! I have noticed how my art has
improved even throughout 2 pages. I am really loving making this, and I hope you enjoy it as well : )

Luke is such a cutie-pie isn't he?

Nuzfan20
No Avatar
Derp
Luke is indeed cute. ~Watching.

ashgirl92
Member Avatar
Thanks! Even though it was a bit difficult at first I love drawing Luke. Though upon evolving (if/when. I honestly don't know what will happen yet as I am not finished with the game by any means yet) I imagine that drawing him as a Swampert will be much more difficult lol.

Sigma
Member Avatar
Guess my idea of a curse of the nuzlocke isnt so original after all :\ ah well, I'm a noob here too, so let me know when you figure out how to change the spoiler title ^_^ This is a good comic so far!
It's times like these I wish that I had artistic ability

Larken
Member Avatar
There's no way this could possibly go wrong.
Ah, to link to the image itself, you still have to upload it onto a hosting site (so keep them on dA), but instead of copying the URL, you right-click on the image itself and select "copy image location". Paste it into a post like you normally would.

This is a good start, keep it up!
Posted Image
Feel free to shoot me a PM about anything, even if it's just to say hi! I love talking to strangers on the internet.

Ongoing!

No Sleep Comic Shenanigans!

ashgirl92
Member Avatar
@Sigma- Thanks : )
@Larken- Thank you so very much for the helpful information!

Darksaphira
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Violet Gym
I like the Idea^^
Going to follow this i guess
Current runs:

Lighting the fire
current Team

Badges: 6 | Deaths: 4

Metrollnome
Posted Image
No one is save!

Insanity - Dr. Insano wrecks shit in Randomised Inverse Hoenn

current Team

Badges: 1 | Deaths: 1

Successfull runs

Failed Runs

ashgirl92
Member Avatar
@Darksaphira Thanks so much : )

Page 3 is up!!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Took me most of the weekend, but I think it turned out better than expected. I think the pages are slowly getting better.

Ashley finally gets team members now, which is nice. As a note, Sally and Opal might be seen every once in a while, but will mostly be boxed/taken out of PC only when needed.

Ooooo.. father time. I am not looking forward to the next page... lot's of conversation ahead!

Enjoy!!

PRTGNST
Member Avatar
Analogue Player
ashgirl92
Jan 27 2012, 01:44 PM
p.s. I am truly a noob at this. If anyone could tell me how do you rename your spoilers to say comics or whatever? Thanks for everything... hope you like it!!
You need to put "=whatever" after the first {spoiler}, but inside the ]. So if you wanted it to be "Comics" you would put {spoiler=Comics} for the start of the code, and the normal {/spoiler} for the end, like so:

{spoiler=Comics}Content{/spoiler}

by switching { } for [ ] you get:

Comics

Most coding problems you run into can be answered in the Full BBCode List which you can link to from the top of the reply message box.
DeviantArt

Posted Image

ashgirl92
Member Avatar
@prtgnst: Thank you so much! I didn't even realize that BBCode list was there. Very helpful. Thanks again!

PRTGNST
Member Avatar
Analogue Player
No probs, I know I had hella trouble figuring out this whole coding business when I first started :roll:
DeviantArt

Posted Image

ashgirl92
Member Avatar
Page 4 is up! I had the link go to my DA this time because the writing was very small this time and really hard to see the other way. The page is a little shorter this time, but I just decided that that point was a good place to stop.

Here it is
Spoiler: click to toggle

Hope you enjoy!!

Cypher DS
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Violet Gym
The deviantart page is a much easier on the eyes. The text in prologue to page 3 was just so small that I couldn't read those pages.

It may be best to simply link to your deviantart account for future pages.
Posted Image
7/11 - NEW! - The Dragon Master of Mount Chimney

ashgirl92
Member Avatar
IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE PLEASE READ AND VOTE/Comment!!Now, I know that this isn't my normal comic update...you see, I really just.. not gotten tired of it, but I know that I suck at it. I thought I would get better.. eh.. so, instead of not doing it at all, I decided to see how I am at writing. Who knows, I might even be worse! But, I don't know, so, please, all 5 of you, vote on my poll whether I should continue with writing or the comic, or comment below if you would rather. But most importantly, I need your input on which one you like best!!

Here's the story:

Story Prologue

Enjoy, and let me know!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fan Challenge Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply