Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hungry for a new feature?
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to Nuzlocke Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokemon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find out that, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
[INACTIVE]Herding Cats; A Sinnoh decalocke – New chapter! Fun in moderation!
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 02:27 PM (4,492 Views)
Pillowcase
Member Avatar
imagine your favourite toddler wearing this
Warning - This story may contain spoilers for these stories: Blacked Out, Unovan Cuisine, Cinderella Syndrome, Everybody Dies and Four Friends.

This is the tale of two cities ten people, torn from their time and dimension to be inserted into this one, for reasons unknown. Together, they will endure hardships and overcome obstacles, survive dreadful dangers and eventually, they will learn the true meaning of fr-

- actually, they’re just going to bicker and argue and do silly things a lot. It’s what happens when you try Herding Cats.

Now. Four months ago, Pokemon_As_Leaders had the idea of doing a writelocke where other writelocke characters would make cameos all the time. Obviously, that was as far as he got with it.

This story was inspired by that idea, but truthfully they’re nothing alike.

Here’s the whole idea: Ten writers - in no particular order; Slothtastic, Erzz, Lolimoo, BlueGhost, Cobaltium, Megachipman, SirSoundwaveIV, Zeta Kaguya, Quintesson, and me – got together and started writing a multilocke. Instead of having a lot of cameos, this story will have characters from our other runs featuring as the protagonists – although there are also a few original characters.

Each of us have written a prologue of our own, and they will all be posted within the next ten days. After that, Erzz will be posting the first chapter, and then we will be writing one chapter each on rotation (with due help from the other nine, of course). Meaning; if a character is supposed to say something, then the character’s writer will write their dialogue.

However, you don’t really need to worry about how it works behind the scenes! Just sit back and enjoy the story. Here is the rules, characters, and starting Pokémon each person will be using:
Player info

Anyway, that’s enough info. Let’s get the actual story started, shall we?
Pillowcase’s Prologue

Table of Contents

And we hope you’ll have as much fun reading this as we had planning it all <3

Next up: Chapter 6, by Zeta Kaguya! Look forward to it :v
Edited by Pillowcase, Jan 8 2013, 01:33 PM.
All This Time
now actually on hiatus

A crazy dice run with a bad title --- ... ... ...
Broken --- Excerpts from LW.'s Journal
Offline Profile Goto Top

generic4
Member Avatar

Well, this certainly seems ambitious. "Ambitious" in this particular instance of course means "completely awesome." Looks like I'm going to have a lot more reading to do...

But anyway, this really is a great idea and I wish all of you the best of luck.
Current run:The Simple Life (last chapter up 12/12/14)

Current team

Completed runs:
Locke's story:Broken Memories, a Sea Green storylocke and Reckoning, a Sapphire storylocke
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageBulletPosted Image
Member Avatar
~swimsuit~

Took y'all long enough. :krn:

Good luck with everything, and Pillow, I like Mike- uh Miguel- uh Mickey- uh Mihh- screw it, however you spell your main character's name, my iPhone doesn't like how it's spelled- and I like how he and his Piplup get along. Be waiting for more.
Rocket Locke (Banner inside!)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hawkfire
Member Avatar
Nrghhhooooooooooh

Well, this certainly looks interesting! Good luck to y'all :)

I wonder what the title means though...
Look! Look! Look! I made an art thread! Warning: may contain art and shameless self promotion.
my tumblr
Large
Offline Profile Goto Top

Erzz
Member Avatar
Her glasses...

Replies

Hey guys. If you don't know me, I'm Erzz. I write Unovan Cuisine, which you can find in my signature. The character I'm using in this run is named Ambrosia, and she is the protagonist for Unovan Cuisine's sequel, though from like ten years after that story ends. I'll minimize spoilers as much as possible.

Anyway, here is my prologue! Italics are used for foreign languages (when enclosed by quotations) and thoughts.
Erzz's Prologue

Author's Notes

That's all from me, for now! Up next is Quintesson's prologue! Look forward to it!
Edited by Erzz, Nov 3 2012, 02:01 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Quint
Member Avatar
Herpin and Derpin

Well, guess it's my turn then, here we go!

Quintession’s Prologue

Notes

Expect Slothtastic's prologue tomorrow!
Posted Image Pretty Princess: Fire Red Omega Story Locke, CHAPTER 4 7/14/2013

QUINT PLAYS FIREREDWOOD!

FAILED RUNS

COMPLETED RUNS

Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar
~swimsuit~

I'm gonna have to stalk this thread like Jack the Ripper if I want to comment on all these as the come out, aren't I?

About Erzz's Prologue

About Quint's Prologue
Offline Profile Goto Top

Slothtastic
Member Avatar
Birds, birds everywhere.

Herp and also derp.

Slothtastic's Prologue~
Edited by Slothtastic, Nov 5 2012, 01:31 PM.
Everybody Dies, completed in April of 2012

The Graduate Students, completed in October of 2013

And the rest

ALSO I APPEAR TO BE DOING A SCREENSHOT RUN

Also I may or may not have started a sort of self-insert...
Offline Profile Goto Top

generic4
Member Avatar

Okay, reply time.

Quint

Slothtastic

Although, something just dawned on me...if this is the length of a typical story run, say in the realm of 30-40 chapters per character...well...I really am gonna have an awful lot of (very enjoyable) reading to do. I mean, even if it isn't quite that long...there are gonna be a lot of chapters here.

Current team

Completed runs:
Locke's story:Broken Memories, a Sea Green storylocke and Reckoning, a Sapphire storylocke
Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar
~swimsuit~

And then we find out this whole thing was created by Palmer partying too hard. I honestly wouldn't put it past him. :v: (Seriously, I'm so glad you're using him.)

I'm really interested to find out which one of these people the professor is going to recognize, or if he knows any of them at all. Universe shenanigans are fun that way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cobaltium
Member Avatar
Cobaltium

Hello everybody! My name is Cobalt, and I haven't written something on the forums for quite sometime. I just wanted to say really fast that I'm honored to be included in this group of amazing writers and I have really enjoyed talking and writing with them. I'm looking forward to even more arguments about what our characters would do and making this run come alive.

But before I let you guys read my prologue, I have to respond to two of my favorite writers on the forums.

Replies

Cobalt's Prologue

Author's Notes

Check back tomorrow around this time to check out Soundwave's prologue! Trust me, it's a good one!
Edited by Cobaltium, Nov 6 2012, 03:26 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Other Runs

Who said youtube channels?
Offline Profile Goto Top

generic4
Member Avatar

Well, that's upsetting. Mostly the fact that I only played Chrono Trigger and not Chrono Cross...

Anyway, I personally liked Gale-at least as a sub-character. It'll be interesting to see how he plays out with more screentime.

Also, I see Dialga is now involved as well. And, I suppose Giratina if dimensions are being hopped...well, that wasn't entirely unexpected. Anyway, good to see you writing again and I eagerly await the next prologue.

Current team

Completed runs:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Win32error
Member Avatar
The man who laughs at your STABless runs
I will probably be following this, it's an interesting concept...but i think it may be a bit too ambitious. With ten writers, the style will probably be very inconsistent i imagine. Most runs also feature their protagonists as being pivotal in the world's events (that's what they're protagonists for), but will that work out with ten of them? In order to make a good story, most will have to fall back to a more supporting role, or it'll turn into a struggle for whom the lead is.

That being said, the idea is great, it'll be interesting, and i'll be following it closely.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
[/url]
Completed runs
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shadow31
Member Avatar
Resident nutcase

I have to disagree, Win32. If done properly, 10 can be just as pivotal as one. Basically all FF games/99% of RPGs do this in a form, with the party system, plus, should they decide against that, there doesn't have to be the one pentultimate goal/battle, like in the games. They're already tweaking the plot, they could easily make it so there were several events, with either each person or a small group being able to be the focus for that event.

That said, I will also gladly join the list of followers for this grand undertaking. Good luck!
If you're going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

[10:26:34 PM] Yoshigali: YOU TWO ARE [explicative] EVIL YOU HEAR ME? EVIL
Online Profile Goto Top

SirSoundwaveIV
Member Avatar

Replies!

Well, here goes!

SirSoundwaveIV’s Prologue

Author's Notes

Look forward to Lolimoo's prologue tomorrow!
Edited by SirSoundwaveIV, Nov 7 2012, 01:41 PM.
Posted Image
Banner done by Hawkfire, run cancelled
Offline Profile Goto Top

xaber
Member Avatar
Master of the | key
This is very cool.

I'll be following.
I'll just leave this here hoping someone will click on it (Platinum writelocke)
Offline Profile Goto Top

OLIVINE ARC
Member Avatar
IS A BEACH EPISODE WAITING TO HAPPEN

Replies

Hi, i'm Lolimoo! Sure has been awhile since i've updated something on this part of the forums! (Although I promise chapter four is coming out soon. No, seriously.)

I hope you enjoy!

Lolimoo's Prologue

Author's Notes

Tomorrow is either going to be Chip or Zeta, so I hope you're excited! c:
Edited by OLIVINE ARC, Nov 11 2012, 09:36 AM.
Posted Image
Links
Dog Days - A Gold Storylocke

Last Update - November 19th, 2014
Powder Snow - A Vega Storylocke
Last Update - September 9th, 2014
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zeta Kaguya
Member Avatar
Just an orca on a stroll

Replies

Oh hello, I'm Zeta Kaguya. I write toohoomon runs and Network Connections... and have a terrible updating rate. I'll be continuing soon, I promise! In return, have this prologue.

Zeta Kaguya’s Prologue

Author's notes

Tomorrow it's going to be either Blue or Chip. I hope you enjoy their chapters.
Edited by Zeta Kaguya, Nov 9 2012, 03:05 PM.
Current Runs Include:
The Worth of a Hero

Successful Runs Include:
... Nothing yet

Failed Runs Include:
Network Connections: A Sacred Gold Storylocke
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlueGhost
Member Avatar
child of naught
Replies

I'm a delightful shiny ghastly who enjoys tea parties and cartoons in the spring time.
I'm BlueGhost. I write ORDER, some writelocke about knights in armor.
.3 I hope you enjoy what we've got going here~

B| Here we go. Longest prologue...

BlueGhost's Prologue

Chip should be posting his prologue tomorrow~
... I think.
... -pause- where the heck is that posting schedule...
Offline Profile Goto Top

generic4
Member Avatar

Damn. Missed an update again. I'm really gonna have to be better about checking this...anyway:

Zeta Kaguya

BlueGhost

Current team

Completed runs:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Inactive/Failed Runs · Next Topic »
Locked Topic