Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Sit down for some tea, and the featurers will find a run that's a match for you!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[COMPLETED][COMPLETED]2nd Annual Nuzlocke Games; Live To Play, Play to Live
Topic Started: Nov 14 2012, 07:31 PM (220,156 Views)
TheProjectCore
Member Avatar
Dictator of the Nuzlocke Games
"Another Hunger Games Nuzlocke! Except this one has a twist: instead of simply imposing a clause that restricts food, this run goes one step beyond. It pits Nuzlockers against one another in a fight to the death.

That's right, in this run, 12 Nuzlockers will enter, and through a series of elimination battle points located throughout the game, will each be eliminated 1 by 1 until only 1 sole Nuzlocker remains. It's the ultimate showdown and rivalry!

How it works:
12 Nuzlockers all start up a Game together. They will each play through their own game, and update with screenshots between certain designated compulsory stopping points. At these points, a number of things may happen: Some players may receive gifts from sponsors (that's right, even if you're only viewing the Games and not participating in them directly, you can get involved by supporting a player by giving them gifts throughout their journey!). Some may receive penalties for breaking rules or to help liven things up a bit and level the playing field. Most importantly though, several stopping points will be battle points, where two 'tributes' will be forced to battle each other on Pokemon Online.

What you will need in order to compete:
1/ A working VBA Emulator
2/ Access to a Randomized version of FireRed - If you successfully get in, we can provide you with the randomizer patch, but not the ROM itself. Forum policy. Sorry.
3/ Access to Pokemon Online, a free online battle simulator. You can download it Pokemon Online Download
4/ Time. In order for these Games to work, you will need to be able to update fairly frequently. We ask that if you do not feel you can update your run once every 72 hours (3 days) that you watch these Games instead of regularly participate.
5/ Creativity. If you want to win over support from the crowd, you're going to need to get creative.
6/ Determination. These Games are not easy. They will test you like never before.

The rules:
Standard Nuzlocke fare: Only one catch per route, first encounter per route, and fainting = death.
Fainting in online elimination battles is an exception to this. If you win the battle, you may continue on with the run, and any Pokemon who fainted in that battle will be exempt from death (unless stated otherwise). If you lose an online battle at an elimination battle point, you are eliminated.
Restrictions on in game purchases shall be imposed. However, gifts such as valuable TMs, held items and even Masterballs may be sent to you by viewers/sponsors as you progress through the Games. This will likely involve purchasing 10 items per mart. So you better watch your spendings.
CORE PENALTY- When allowed I can punish a tribute whenever I want.
GEO PENALTY- As winner of the last games Geo is also in charge. He is allowed to reward tributes.
MATT PENALTY- When I issue a punishment, Mattman can alter the punishment or add in an opposite of what I said. EX. Core punishes Tribute 1! Tribute 1 loses entire team! Mattman gives Tribute 1 a pokemon of Matt's choice.
QUEEN JENNIFER PENALTY- Catching a Lunatone, Nidoqueen, or Cubone issues a punishment by Queen Jennifer herself!

Alliance Rules- Alliance members must be set up by PM and PM only. Alliances are allowed to give pokemon to one another, step in for a battle for one another, and give each other items.

Non Elimination Battle Points-
These games we introduce something new! The non elimination battle poitns. A few of these will be set up around Kanto allowing for players to fight each other without elimination! The winner gets a reward and the loser gets a penalty!

Immunity- If a tribute was challenged in an ELIMINTATION battle point before they are immune from being challenged at the next one

The figthing Dojo is a trade center for all tributes however you are only allowed to train once so trade wisely

For the item system, Darkchibiking has set up the item list, PM her for questions on price. But basically every ELIMINATION point sponsers receive 200 points. Counting on you to check everything DarkChibi!

THE REAPING

• Ink
  • Kimori-Hinoarashi
  • Killrbladez
  • Loganx
  • Michelleus
  • 7th Y
  • Nate
  • REDalchemist
  • Wagenmaker890
  • Fickityl
  • Shudir
  • Bugsbob

The Reserves (remember to play as well in case someone drops out)

• Reader
  • Sweepstakes
  • Tyking1224
  • Jbeeber95
    [*RoboticZero

Elimination Battle Points
ELIMINATION BATTLE POINTS
Mt. Moon: Level 17 (Allows grinding for 2 levels between Brock and Mt Moon. Suggesting allowing tributes to enter the mountain for an extra catch, but not being allowed to pass through it: Assuming someone will have missed a catch, they will only have 5 Pokemon. Also the loser at Brock will be down 1 'mon due to the trade system (below). Hence, allowing a catch inside but no further progression might be good)
Nugget Bridge: Level 20 (allows 3 levels in mt moon, and given nothing really goes above low teens in level there that should be fine. Using rival battle before this to contrast, they would still be overlevelled for that)
SS Anne (captain's room): Level 24 (Seeing as Surge is level 25 limit thanks to his Raichu trump, I thought the end of the SS Anne might be a good spot. level 24 also makes you overlevelled against your rival just before this. I have tested this, and although tricky to remain under the level here, it IS doable if one thinks smart and actually grinds up their future 'cut slave' a little)
Rock Tunnel: Level 27 (Lower level here allows more flexibility for later points like Erika that have a lot of space between them. Also doable given there is only 1 route really between Surge and here)
Pokemon Tower (top): Level 35 (changed order here to help spread out a little and add something between the Game Corner/Pokemon Tower and the next point at the Safari Zone)
ACTIVATE SAFFRON DOJO SWAP POINT, LEVEL 35 -> This will be explained fully later.
Safari Zone: Level 40 (given there are 2 ways down to Fuchsia and people will want to use both for all the catches, I found I was unintentionally grinding up a fair bit. Plus, there's nothing between here and Silph battle wise unless they go for the gym, but they'd be under-level. Recommended they go for Gym trainers though to avoid them later (Koga and Sabrina have the same trump level. If everyone agrees this is a problem with preferring to challenge Koga earlier, we can change this. Would be interested on peoples' thoughts))
Silph Co: Level 40 (See Safari Zone. Also means before entering, player should be fine for rival battle. Just be careful for Koga and Sabrina)
Pokemon Mansion: Level 46 (2 levels should be enough for the water routes, whichever is taken to get here (probably Pallet))
Post-Lostelle (Berry Forest): Level 55 (Haven't reached here in trial run, but it feels right. Will test out, but we may change it (especially if whole Sevii Islands must be explored as a result of national dex patch - still yet to reach here, so untested)
After Victory Road: Level 60 (chose level 60 so that the two remaining tributes will be strong enough to challenge league straight after this)
After League: Level 65 (Rival's starter is level 63. This seems like a good, rounded, final number to me): Final Match!

Non Elimination Battle Poitns
After Brock: Level 15 (Brock's trump is level 14) 3v3, as nobody will have a full team of 6 yet.
After Misty: Level 22 (Misty's trump is level 21)
After Surge: Level 25 (Surge's trump is level 24)
After Erika: Level 30 (Erika's trump is level 29)
After Koga: Level 44 (Koga's trump is level 43) - SINGLE BATTLE! Some people have noted that the order for Koga/Silph with the level limits doesn't work, but based off this, it does. Unfortunately, Koga has a massively strong Weezing and otherwise weaker stuff. If enough people agree, we can change the level here and make you challenge him underlevelled.
After Sabrina: Level 44 (Sabrina's trump is level 43) - SINGLE BATTLE!
After Blaine: Level 48 (Blaine's trump is level 47)
After Giovanni (GYM): Level 50 (Giovanni's trump is level 50. But, the rest of his team, and the gym, is relatively weak, and there are no routes between here and Blaine (do islands AFTER this). 50 is a better, rounded number for the final gym, I feel)

The day has arrived for hell to break lose.

Core sat in his imprisinoment. He had no idea whether he wasbeing observed or not. But either way all he did was sat there and plan.

Planning got boring.

Time to act.

Core felt sad about leaving his body but the clone's body was younger and fresher. Not so many battle scars as well. So when Core's soul shot out of his body and left the imprisonent. Core didn't feel sad at all. Now passing through interdimensional plains is easy in a body but in a soul it could wore you down, possibly enough to kill you. Which is why Core's Clone with the other half of Core's soul made sure that every mirror in existance was in his room. We had to be sure of course.

Geo had done his part he had chosen the tributes and the reserves. So now it was up to Core who had been gone for two months to start the show. Geo deserved a cookie.

Core's soul bounced around through the plains taking a hit every time he passed through the wrong dimension. There was even one dimension where kids fight each other to the death! I mean who in their right mind would do that right?

After about three hours Core found the right one. His dimension his world to control. And no band of "pro" nuzlockers would stop him from having it. Without thinking he smashed into this copy's body and it was sent flying into another mirror. The soul combining process caused Core's eyes to shift colors and move all over the place. It was a horrible scene taht thankfully noone was around to see.

Finally it was done, Core was home. And those silly nuzlockers had no idea. He looked at the tribute list, interesting names this year. However this was no time to waste the games had to start after all.

Core emerged from his room, a brand new red as blood tuxedo he had worn today. It look smashing on him. He walked out of the room and past all the maids and servants who stood there in shock as they saw their Director walking out of a room looking younger.

Geo stood nervous if the Dictator wasn't there for the opening of the games there was going to be a riot. For the past two months instead of relaxing Geo has been filled with work taking in complaints, threats and the constant annoyance of the Distrticts. Geo was stressed and the grey hair had started to show. At least after so long he was able to rent Kanto from it's leader Lance. And now Geo stood at the podium biting his nails, he couldn't present the games with the certain flare Core could. It took years of practice of course.

Core patted Geo on the shoulder,

"Step aside Geo these are my games remember." Core said as he pushed Geo into his chair. Core looked at his audience.

"People of the Capitol! I am your ever-loving Dictator!" Core said.

The crowd cheered. Even after disappearing to an alternate dimension the Dictator was still loved.

"My good people! I bring you the 2nd Annual Hunger Games! The tributes have been decided and the reserves in place! Are you ready to watch 12 trainers fight each other to the death! Because I am!" Core said. The banners for the Nuzlocke games fell under him.
He loved being loved.

"Now most of you have probably been wondering where I was these past months. Well as you may notice I look younger! Do you know why? Because I found the Fountain of Youth!That's right! I am IMMORTAL!"

The crowd all gasped and then in 2.89 seconds they all cheered in an uproar.

"Long live DC! Long Live DC!" the capitol shouted.

Core couldn't believe that these simpletons believed something as ridiculous. Then again Core was immortal, and in a war with Gods so then again anythings possible right?

"Now! Get ready cuz the tributes are already being brought to their starting place in the hometown of Pallet! Let's thank Champion Lance for allowing us use of Kanto!" Core said as he clapped for Lance.

Lance took a quick bow and sat back down.

"Now give a round of applause towards Geo who organized the whole thing while I was gone!" Core said.

Geo stood up gave an awkward and tired wave and sat back down.

"Now I say tis time I took my leave! Remember tributes live to play and play to live! And may the odds be ever in your favor!" Core said before he left the podium a crowd cheering and whistling in the background.

Core sat in his room. And checked his four monitors. A camera was placed on each tribute the night before. He wasn't taking any chances. There was even a camera on Core's old body. One he kept near him in case of emergencies. There was a camera in Queen Jennifer's palace and bedroom as well. We had to make sure of course. Being a independent country and all. There was even some around Geo's mansion.

Geo was exposed to Dave. Geo could be a threat.

Core pressed his intercom...

"George could you be a dear and do three things for me. 1. Get a Vanilla Late. 2. Tell Queen Jennifer that if she ever enters my country unannounced again Ill kill her and all her noble pokemon where they stand.

Oh and get Geo a cookie will you. Double Chocolaty Chip, he deserves it for running my empire so well.

Core looked at the monitors.

Everything was in place.

Watch your back.

Bam! You guys can start posting now! A stopping point let's say...when you complete Oaks mission and get back to viridian Pokecenter to make sure all the tributes have the game working!
Edited by TheProjectCore, Nov 16 2012, 09:24 PM.
Life's got to hectic for these but I did do a run of Ultra Sun On my Own recently

Completed Runs
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pleindepouet
Member Avatar
Please choose your style.
Yes! I got in! I should probably start playing now.
Posted Image

Previous Runs

lesbian xion
Member Avatar
xion is best girl
Ohhh, this gonna be good.

Good luck to everyone! I'll be here, waiting to sponsor someone.
Edited by lesbian xion, Nov 14 2012, 07:45 PM.
Posted Image

Even if I'm not ready... I have to make this choice.

Beezle
Member Avatar

Got reserve! Better than nothing. XD

Congrats to everyone else that got reserve/the main 12. Can't wait to see how this turns out. :D
Posted Image

Indianapolis Cobalions: Season 5 Record
Completed Runs

What Pokemon Am I?

Ink
Member Avatar
Meme Queen

Spoiler: click to toggle

By stopping at the Viridian Pokecenter after Oak's Parcel, does that mean that that's the first Battle Point?
Completed runs

Rookie Frost
Member Avatar
A sound mind, dwells within a sound soul.

Hee! There's always next time. :D

Let me say, good luck to you all!

I'll be sponsoring, have fun! ;)
Be careful, I just might freeze you.

TheProjectCore
Member Avatar
No the battle points for elmination and non elimination points will be up as soon as Geo sends em to me. Or I get to excited and search for em myself but I'm sure he has em.

here are the non elimination battle points

After Brock (15): 3v3 Single: Loser loses 2 Pokemon that participated in the battle (chosen by winner). Winner received any item of choice (very good reward early game)
After Misty (22): 3v3 Single: Loser loses all Pokemon that were in the fight. Winner receives 1 Pokemon of their choice from loser's team.
After Surge (25): 4v4 Single: Loser loses 3 Pokemon that were in the fight (chosen by the loser). Winner's Prize = Immunity from being challenged until after Erika
After Erika (30): 4v4 Single: Loser loses 3 Pokemon that were in the fight (chosen by the winner). Winner's Prize = Any 3 items of choice.
After Koga (44): 4v4 Single: Loser loses all 4 Pokemon that were in the fight.
After Sabrina (44): 4v4 Double: Loser loses all 4 Pokemon that were in the fight. Winner receives 1 Pokemon of their choice from loser's team.
After Blaine (48): 6v6 Single: Loser loses ALL items (including sponsor gifts) plus 1 Pokemon that fought in this battle, chosen by the winner. Winner receives any Pokemon of their choice belonging to the loser.
Edited by TheProjectCore, Nov 14 2012, 07:38 PM.
Life's got to hectic for these but I did do a run of Ultra Sun On my Own recently

Completed Runs

Ink
Member Avatar
Meme Queen

TheProjectCore
Nov 14 2012, 07:36 PM
No the battle points for elmination and non elimination points will be up as soon as Geo sends em to me. Or I get to excited and search for em myself but I'm sure he has em.
All right.
Completed runs

Nuggets
Member Avatar
I wuv you :3
Damn, but there's always next time.

Good luck all, and be good, I've got my eyes open.

O.O <-My eyes.
Currently doing nothing, off 'locking for a bit. See you all in a few months.

Nekrem
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Oh damn. Here we go again.
Like a Boss...

Nuzlockes:

Don't Really know what I'm doing with this one....

Completed

failed

Chihana
Member Avatar
The little nuzlocker
;.; N-next time, there's always next time.
Best of luck to you guys, I'll be keeping my out for anyone interesting enough for me to sponsor :3
Current runs:
Posted Image

Posted Image
Name: Petal
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Shudin
Member Avatar
Fire-type Master (Self-proclaimed)

Shudir = Shudin?

If so, yikes! I better get playing! XD
Posted Image
The Tributes have been Reaped, and the Mentors chosen! Come check it out!

On Indefinate Hiatus

Other Runs

Youtube Channel: ShudinD- Currently Playing Pokemon Ruby!

TheProjectCore
Member Avatar
@Shudin

WOOPS sorry yeah it's you!

Completed Runs

SweepStakes
Member Avatar
Guess who's back?
WOOT RESERVE
Question: If someone drops we use our save or theirs?
Edited by SweepStakes, Nov 14 2012, 07:51 PM.
Back Again

Reader
Member Avatar
READING. UNDERWATER. Am I cool yet?
Eeeek first reserve. Here's to hoping someone drops out.

Good luck, everyone! I'll be playing right alongside you!
Current Runs

Failed Runs

Completed Run

Abandoned Run

Bladez Overlord
Member Avatar
Buttersaur returns, but stronger

Well Core ruined my old plot, but now to my new plot.

Core was watching all 12 tributes, suddenly the cameras started to get blurry, they found it was only a lvl five Porygon that messed with it. But what Core didn't realize was that one of the tributes were different.

Kevin was just getting to Pallet from the hospital. He found out that something between MT Silver and him kept him alive. He knew exactly who it was. As soon as he got to Vermilion he seen weird things. There were flags up for these
"Nuzlocke Games" and he heard the tributes being called out. Sadly he heard his name blared, and was said that he was from district 10. He rushed home, breaking his new shoes, to see what happened. It heard the announcement from Dictator Core when he got to Pallet, his home town.
"Great, not only was I knocked out for three years I'm stuck in some weird competition that I haven`t heard about."
I suck at Nuzlockes
Role play

Gif(s) of the week

DarkChibiKing
Member Avatar
the dark king of chibis
re-posting the the rules

everyone starts with 500 Cred and gains 200 every battle point
gain more though betting on who will win those battle points
and guessing which tribute gets to the next one first
beware because you will lose creds if you bet wrong
Sponsors will not be allowed to pool their creds together till the half way point(6 tributes remain)
Core is allowed to double the price of one item every battle piont(this lasts for the rest of the games)
Geo is allow to chose one item every 2 battle point to give to 3 tributes (he can poll or rng them his choice)
Mattman can Rng 1 item for every tribute but must choose those items from 450 below in terms of cred value
Jennifer can give 1 tm or hold item to a rng tribute every 2 battle point

item list(new things in specials)
Spoiler: click to toggle

In order to get on the sponsor list pm me
after all this position actually requires me to make paper copies of every thing
which it be easier for me if you pm instead of post it
i will also send the tributes what they receive though pm
also i'm sending a full list of this to core as backup just in case something happens once the games start
Edited by DarkChibiKing, Nov 22 2012, 10:25 PM.

Reader
Member Avatar
READING. UNDERWATER. Am I cool yet?
So does this mean we can't buy items, or what?
Current Runs

Failed Runs

Completed Run

Abandoned Run

TheProjectCore
Member Avatar
@Reader

Only ten items per town

That means either 10 pokeballs only.

or 5 pokeballs and 5 potions

Completed Runs

Shudin
Member Avatar
Fire-type Master (Self-proclaimed)

Reader
Nov 14 2012, 08:00 PM
So does this mean we can't buy items, or what?
I think we'll have a limit on how much we can buy. Don't know how much, but I'll bet Core will announce it once we all get to Viridian post-Oak Parcel

EDIT: Ninja'd
Edited by Shudin, Nov 14 2012, 08:02 PM.
Posted Image
The Tributes have been Reaped, and the Mentors chosen! Come check it out!

On Indefinate Hiatus

Other Runs

Youtube Channel: ShudinD- Currently Playing Pokemon Ruby!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Previous Event Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply