Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Pride Month Create-a-thon has now begun! Don't forget to check out Featured Fan Runs - this run really shouldn't be Lost in the Stream!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[COMIC] Yonkoma Nuzlocke: Fire Red; Currently on a spiritual journey of finding myself - 365 pages! (ON BREAK)
Topic Started: Nov 25 2012, 04:34 AM (55,833 Views)
eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

Posted Image
3rd Most Improved 2015!

Posted Image

Click the Cover to read on SmackJeeves

Rules

I've done quite a few Nuzlocke runs, but this one is definitely the best one and despite having no drawing skills I just had to share it with the masses. I've decided to create a so-called yonkoma, meaning a comic consisting mainly of four-panel gags, but there are some actual pages, wherever plot or drama happens. And boy, the story moves slowly, but there will be plot, boy, there will be drama, so much!

I'm hosting the comic on Smackjeeves. I find it way more comfortable than clicking on links to individual pages, especially since my strips are short, so there would be more clicking than reading. I'd be extremely happy if you decided to VOTE on Smackjeeves and/or COMMENT - either on SJ or here. I'd love to hear all your opinions. No, seriously, all of them.

Fan Art for some reason!

By all means, tell me what you think.[edit_reason]New cover[/edit_reason]
Edited by eworm, Sep 6 2017, 11:06 PM.
Super Type Chart ˇ Perfect Type Chart? ˇ Repel Trick 100%

Posted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dachampster
Member Avatar
Oh, don't mind me

This is great! More please!
Posted Image

Completed

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

Want more, here's more. Just one strip though...

Which brings me to another point: I've decided to try a new schedule - updating once a week, but with 10 strips. Let's see if I can keep this up - should be more interesting than reading just one new strip. Anyway, comment and vote, people. I'm drawing this for you, so give me some feedback, please?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Dachampster
Member Avatar
Oh, don't mind me

Don't worry, I'll always be around to comment! I do this for all good runs that don't have enough attention.
Like this one. Seriously
Posted Image

Completed

Vuro
Member Avatar
All dressed up in bad news
For someone with "no drawing skills," your art's pretty great! Gary's a really likeable character this run, so I'm extra looking forward to reading this!
Posted Image
Pokemon! Getto da ze! - A Pokemon Yellow Nuzcomic
Last update: Page 8 on July 18th, 2016!

Red Spearow
Member Avatar
Detective

Yay! You listened to my advice! Love this comic! Still wish Gary was the Protag, but I good feelings about our Co-dependent protag as well.
Posted Image

"Remember my name, for I am the Red Spearow. All Pidgey will come to know it, and tremble in fear."

Completed Nuzlocke fireRed:
Spoiler: click to toggle

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

Thanks a lot for the undeserved praise, guys. I'm glad you all like my unusual Gary, I was wondering what the reaction would be. I can spoil you just a bit and say he'll be a very important character all throughout the story.

Also, some new info. In my pursuit for improvement, I've decided to try out shading. I'm doing it completely wrong most likely (I'd appreciate any tips, just saying), but in my amateurish eyes it does seem to help the art, so I'll continue. It does make the process a bit longer and more tedious though, so I'll have to take back the "10 strips a week" thing. I'll be updating once or twice a week with whatever I got at the time.

In other news, I've decided to speed up a little. Gags are gags, but it's been 15 strips and we haven't even got out of Oak's lab yet (we do in strip #16 though)! What I mean to say, I'll try to make it faster, by skipping some of my strips' ideas (the least funny ones) or shortening them and merging them together, so we can finally get to actual Nuzlocking. It'll still be kinda slow but not as slow as it was supposed to be at first.

Expect the next update of ~7 pages soon. We'll finally leave the lab and accompany our heroes to Route 1. We'll also see how Brom's lonely nature affects his behavior sometimes and encounter Doug's first capture, gijinka included.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Red Spearow
Member Avatar
Detective

Meh, do it at your own speed. There's no hurry, no need to burn yourself out quickly. This comic has a promising future, I'd hate to see it go up in smoke because you rushed into it.
Posted Image

"Remember my name, for I am the Red Spearow. All Pidgey will come to know it, and tremble in fear."

Dachampster
Member Avatar
Oh, don't mind me

^this but with me saying it
Edited by Dachampster, Nov 29 2012, 03:00 PM.
Posted Image

Completed

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

UPDATE
Comics from #16 to #21 + a gijinka of Doug's first capture!
Read it here.
Vote and comment and favorite and tell your friends and most importantly - enjoy.

A bit of a delay provided by a new volume of one of my favorite book series.
Edited by eworm, Dec 1 2012, 01:06 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Red Spearow
Member Avatar
Detective

Good skyrim reference. So, our favorite squirtle is a deadpan snarker, this adventure is going to be awesome.
Posted Image

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

Quote:

Good skyrim reference. So, our favorite squirtle is a deadpan snarker, this adventure is going to be awesome.

Sorry to disappoint but I don't even know what that "skyrim" is... :sweatdrop:

Also - around Doug pretty much everybody will end up as a tsukkomi type at some point.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Dachampster
Member Avatar
Oh, don't mind me

Doug's dialogue is getting a bit stale on some pages, however it's outweighed by:

Brom is pretty awesome.
Moving a lot faster
Posted Image

Completed

Red Spearow
Member Avatar
Detective

eworm
Dec 1 2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:

Sorry to disappoint but I don't even know what that "skyrim" is... :sweatdrop:

Also - around Doug pretty much everybody will end up as a tsukkomi type at some point.
...really? I present you with the arrow in the knee video from Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

It's almost word for word, replacing "Adventurer" with Wild pokemon," "arrow" with "pokeball," and "knee" with "beak."
Posted Image

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

Oh, I know the meme, I just didn't know where it's from.

I promise Doug will become much more interesting as things go on.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Pillowcase Posted Image
Member Avatar
it me @ you

oh my doug

I love this run already :3

seriously, the MC and rival are both great, and Brom's really fun, too. Keep it up!
SPECK
(updated 17.04.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW

eworm
Member Avatar
Certified Brodent

UPDATE: #022 - #024. Yeah, just three strips.
Sorry, I'm ashamed. But this week proved unexpectedly demanding, so that's the best I could do. I should be more efficient again this week. On the brighter side, I think I finally figured out how to make Squirtles and Pidgeys look like... well... Squirtles and Pidgeys (starting from #023).
And there's a new capture too! *chuckles suspiciously*

CLICK!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Pillowcase Posted Image
Member Avatar
it me @ you

Hah. Zea's attitude is fun. :3
SPECK
(updated 17.04.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW

Dachampster
Member Avatar
Oh, don't mind me

Ooh, interesting
Posted Image

Completed

J.E.W.
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
This is a really fantastic run that deserves more attention. You have a talent for making identifiable characters, and I don't know why you say you have no artistic talent; clearly you are being a bit humble.

I'll be sure to follow this one. I'm enjoying it so far :)
Posted Image
Check out my comic here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Comic Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply