Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Pride Month Create-a-thon has now begun! Don't forget to check out Featured Fan Runs - this run really shouldn't be Lost in the Stream!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokémon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[COMPLETED][COMPLETE]Black 2 Written Log - The Forum Run; Update 10 - Chauntal to the End
Topic Started: Dec 21 2012, 04:23 PM (3,539 Views)
BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar
Resident Ophthalmology Geek
Alright, here's how it begins.

Rules

So, here I am. A Tepig. I'm waiting, hoping that this Nina chick that is supposed to be picking her starter today is going to pick me. I've always been kinda chill, probably because I'm mild, but I'll be freaking ticked if she picks that dang Smugleaf over me. I respect that Oshawott character, but, if I lose out in being picked to a dang Snivy, I'll be SO pissed.

Oh, wait, she just showed up...look cute...

YES! If I had hands, I would do a fist-pump. I don't have hands yet, though, so I have to settle for shaking my little tail at the dang Snivy. When she let me out for a battle against her buddy, who trained an Oshawott from an egg, I got hit all of twice. I respect Oshawotts because, well, they can drown me. Snivies, though? Prissy little things. So full of their own egos that they fail to realize I will be able to set them on fire soon.

When Nina took me aside to introduce herself to me, I gave a little bow. "Sweetheart, I am the nutter that is BeyondTheFail, BTF for short," I said when she asked me my name. "And, frankly, I'm glad you didn't pick the Snivy. It's really full of itself, and it probably wouldn't listen to you properly, anyway. Now, let's get ourselves some friends." She nodded.

Now, I've seen a bunch of catching before. That Bianca chick really dumbed it down for Nina, which is lame, since I know she's brighter than that. The first encounter was a little Patrat at Level 2. She introduced herself to me as Tokyo Oranges, Tokyo for short. She was brought up to closer to my level, then we went to deliver a Town Map to her friend, who I found out was named Harry.

We met a former Champion before we got our next catch, a Sewaddle named ky-nim. She seems like a good-natured girl, even though she's a bit too calm for my liking. I do enjoy her company, though. She was also trained to close to my level, which was just in time for a second battle with Harry. Seriously, that boy had nothing better to do, I think. Tokyo and ky-nim handled him very well, and then we were sent to chase after a lost Herdier.

ky-nim found another catch for us. Dang, she's quick on the draw. The Mareep introduced himself as Manic. He seemed rather modest for his pedigree. It's interesting. We also brought him to nearly my level by the time we had found the Herdier and made it back to Alder, our ex-Champion friend. He then said he wanted us to do him a favor, which was beating up the Pokémon of his little kid students.

We made it to the Aspertia Gym before finally getting a chance to rest.

Author Notes
Edited by BeyondTheFail, Jan 10 2013, 12:58 PM.
Black 2 Written Log - The Forum Run Complete
Badges: 8 Deaths: 12
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alex Nidas
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Login System
good good. I expect much rejoycing in the battle! But why don't the other pokes talk? and why are you rushing things? I NEED ANSWERS!
Updated 7/3!
Posted Image

Other Stuff

BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar
Well, I haven't added extra dialogue yet, plus, it's the Tepig's POV instead of the trainer's.

As for rushing, it's my first entry ever. More detail will come as things happen more.

BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar
Update time!

----

It was a long night. We faced Cheren, and we had a problem. Nina's strategy was to use Manic's paralysis to give us an opportunity to weaken that Lillipup after Tokyo had dispatched the Patrat. She cut it way too close with the Patrat, leaving Tokyo with one HP. Manic did paralyze the Lillipup and Growled down his Attack to make up for his Work Up boosts. What we didn't expect was a critical that took Manic down to nothing. ky-nim then went completely nuts and took out that Lillipup with a series of enraged Bug Bites. Calm, my stubby little tail. She's vicious when someone goes down.

After the battle, Nina dropped Manic into the box. I think she saw something I didn't. Usually, when we drop, we can be healed back up. I think she knows something we don't, but I can't ask her about that now.

We made it over to Virbank City and encountered a Magby named Kesha inside the Complex, as well as a Magnemite named Starf outside the Complex. Nina had us follow around a scientist talking about how the place worked. I'm not sure why, but I think the item we received was the reason.

While we were battling the workers, we faced a Youngster with...a Patrat. Now, Starf looked like he'd have no problem with beating this with two Sonicbooms. It used Bide. The second Sonicboom missed. That was a 40 damage Bide that would be heading our way, and I wasn't at full health (I was the only one who'd be able to tank that hit).

I'll take the blow.

That was Kesha who said that. I asked her,

Our trainer's infected. Better she loses me than loses any of you.

Infected? I asked.

Nuzlocke Disease. Her Pokémon can't be revived from death. I can't let her lose her only real counter to Roxie, she can't lose you, and I'd rather her not lose her first two catches. It'll hurt less if I do it.

I thought Tokyo would try to talk some sense into her. Stop that. You know it won't help to explain it. If you feel you have to do it, do it, but I'd be more than willing to take your place.

What. The. Crap. Tokyo, you, too?

You're our leader. We can't let you crash. Starf's the best bet against Roxie, and ky-nim will help when we get to Clay. We're the only two that it makes sense to lose right now.

Kesha went in before any of us could object. The fall was instantaneous. Starf cleaned up the Patrat afterwards.

We faced the last Worker and collected our reward after dropping off Kesha in the Heaven box. Gosh, she was way too young for that. Nina, with a tear in her eye, sent us hunting for Audino.

Audino are funny Pokémon. All they want to do is help you. And, if you punch them, experience just falls out. This helped prepare us for Roxie, plus, I evolved from the experience. I can do that little dance to taunt the Snivy now!

None of the rest of us even had to enter the fray for Roxie. Starf just took her Koffing and Whirlipede out. Dang. and he's supposed to be Timid.

Author Notes
Edited by BeyondTheFail, Dec 22 2012, 08:03 AM.

Alex Nidas
Member Avatar
wow....Manic and Kesha died.......that means two powerhouses in fourm history are killed in battle.......I'd hate for you to catch Core and lose him to a Siglyph. those things have killed many a pokemon......
p.s. The Leavanny can suck if you're not prepared.....it almost took out my growlithe when i first tried black 2......and the bad thing was that i had an oshawott starter.....
Edited by Alex Nidas, Dec 22 2012, 09:27 AM.
Updated 7/3!
Posted Image

Other Stuff

BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar
No worries, I'm a freaking Pignite!

Tokyo Oranges
Member Avatar
Literal Fandom Trash

I'm... not dead yet! :dance:

Anyway, good luck with Mr. Faaabbuuulooouusss! Burgh! :D

Posted Image

FC: 4484-8352-8793

Throh - Breloom - Machoke

What Pogeymenz is me?

Completed Runs

Alex Nidas
Member Avatar
Soooo.....Beyond. When am I coming in?
Updated 7/3!
Posted Image

Other Stuff

BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar
I honestly am updating as I play, and I usually play before I go to sleep. Don't worry, you'll occur soonish.

Alex Nidas
Member Avatar
*fistpump*
Score!
I'd like to be something from the castelia city areas! You can get Eevees, Zubats, Onixs..... All sorts of stuff!
Updated 7/3!
Posted Image

Other Stuff

BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar
Replies?

It's been a while since I last updated. And by "It's been a while", I mean "A metric ton has happened."

First off, Pokéstar Studios is a joke. Nina can't even use us there! Plus, Pop Roxie can't act for beans. But, that's beside the point. We met some Team Plasma people in Virbank City, and ky-nim proceeded to beat the stuffing out of them. It's weird: it seemed like she had some sort of vendetta against them. Very odd.

When we got to Castelia, Harry insisted we help him with finding Team Plasma again. Honestly, Nina seemed really sheepish about it. Iris (I think she's the champion, based off the fact that she was wearing a dang tiara) ended up showing us to the sewers, where we found Team Plasma again and I beat the stuffing out of them. After this, we met Burgh (incredibly gay fellow) and Colress (who is quite obviously a villain, despite what he says). Nina then had us follow her into the Relic Passage, where we found Tigger the Roggenrola, who is a bit spastic, causing her to be lonely. We went back into the sewers and found Leonidas the Zubat, who was very calm despite his namesake.

Nina then took us up to where Castelia began (at least, according to a worker in the area). She was muttering "Please, give me a dang Eevee..." And, lo and behold, she got one. Mudswat the Eevee joined our ranks, who seemed rather bashful despite his track record. When we got back into Castelia proper, Nina spent a ton of time...looking for a massage lady. Said it would help Mudswat reach his full potential.

We then went to train in the gym. This gym training brought out an incredibly stupid moment in our dear trainer. She left Leonidas out against a Dwebble, trying to confuse it. It used Smack Down. Leonidas never stood a chance. When we were done with the gym trainers, Nina spent a good amount of time Audino-grinding Tigger and I back in the Castelia Origin area. She then realized that grinding up Tigger wasn't really that necessary, since she had Starf around. Tigger would be backup in case Starf fell. Tokyo got her evolution, too. Now she's a fancy Watchog.

We also went north of Castelia to try and get another new catch, but I...kinda KO'd it.

Burgh ended up being a cakewalk with me leading and Starf cleaning up the Dwebble. That Colress dude decided to show up, though, and challenged us to a battle. I ended up sweeping him. ky-nim was wearing the Exp. Share (forgot to mention we got one from the Battle Company) and evolved because of that.

Then, to put icing on the cake, she evolved again a level later. Lucky woman...

We made it to Join Avenue, where we set up a beauty salon, of all things. Nina then spent about 7500 Pokén on Mudswat's hair. She said it'd be worth it. I thought "If you say so..."

We then went into the Desert Resort area. This time, our catch falling on us was ky-nim's fault (how was she supposed to know that Bug Bite would 1-shot a Sandile?). We caught a Yamask in the Relic Castle, whose name was danjer and had a very jolly perspective on life. Finally, a nature that makes sense!

Bianca showed us one of those Hidden Grotto things, where we found a Minccino with Skill Link named C0re. At this point, Tokyo volunteered for the box. Said that C0re had plenty of potential, while hers was capped out, thanking Nina for letting her evolve in the process. Not sure how much Nina understood of it all, but it was nice of her.

Other things we caught were a Venipede by the name of Hale, who is surprisingly quiet, and a Trubbish named Jaiy, who shares a Mild nature with me.

We went to battle some trainers on Route 16, and, surprisingly enough, Mudswat evolved into Espeon. Well, I guess that hair money was worth it...shame about his movepool right now, though. We'll fix that when we get to Driftveil.

Author Notes
Edited by BeyondTheFail, Dec 23 2012, 07:35 PM.

Alex Nidas
Member Avatar
NO! MY BOSS CROBATNESS WAS TAKEN FROM ME! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
P.S. I'm not under new catches
Edited by Alex Nidas, Dec 23 2012, 09:15 AM.
Updated 7/3!
Posted Image

Other Stuff

BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar
Thanks for that, I also added where catches were at in the notes.

Tokyo Oranges
Member Avatar
Literal Fandom Trash

*sigh* Watchog... Cool design but terrible stats. Well, I guess a life in the box is better than ending up dying horribly XD I can always be an hm slave! ;D

also, sucks about the Zubat :/ Crobat are badass as all hell.

Posted Image

FC: 4484-8352-8793

Throh - Breloom - Machoke

What Pogeymenz is me?

Completed Runs

Alex Nidas
Member Avatar
Tokyo Oranges
Dec 23 2012, 07:42 PM
also, sucks about the Zubat :/ Crobat are badass as all hell.
yeah, he accidently murdered me....
Updated 7/3!
Posted Image

Other Stuff

BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar
Since Christmas is coming up and there is much to do, I will not be updating again properly until the 26th. Spheal with it.

I would like to finish by the time the "Winter" season is done. I'll be taking notes on what happens to post on the 26th, so expect a long update then that will include, at minimum, Elesa and Clay along with Chargestone Cave. I'm sick, so I have a bit of time to play still. However, sick me makes dumb decisions, enters the fray too early. I'm not used to playing it safe yet.

In the meantime, imagine kitties comforting you.

danjer
Member Avatar
Don't mess with PINK
Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg Art by Dachampster ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggArt by KillrbladezgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggArt by Dachampster

BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar

This has been a hard ordeal, which is why my update is so short.

First off, before we faced Elesa, we level grinded for a couple days at Big Stadium and Small Court. In our last session of grinding, ky-nim got hit by two Flame Charges by a rogue Blitzle. Nina thought she could outspeed it on the second hit. ky-nim couldn't do it. After this, Mudswat insisted we take down Elesa in her memory, since it was in the process of training him up that she died. We also caught Black Frost the Gothita before the battle with Elesa, though, in case the worst happens to Mudswat.

danjer got the experience hat during the battle with Elesa. Mudswat ended up demolishing Elesa's team, and then managed to smash through Charles with me and Tigger.

Before we faced Clay, we met up with Venamisa the Tranquill and SABERinBLUE, SABER for short, the Deerling. Unfortunately, Clay was brutal. SABER and Starf didn't make it through the ordeal. Starf ended up sacrificing himself so we could finish up this battle with fewer losses. Another one gone because of me...danjer did lovely things in this battle, although I'm very thankful that Nina stocked up on Lemonades back in Nimbasa. Will-O-Wisp and Night Shade ended up helping with that Excadrill.

Thankfully, Nina let us head to the Pokémon World Tournament to blow off some steam in a very safe environment. Mudswat, Tigger and I ended up taking out the tournament participants we faced. We'll be taking care of Team Plasma next time.

Oh, and dang it! We missed out on our Chargestone Cave catch. We encountered a Klink and it kinda...got knocked out.

Author Notes

BeyondTheFail
Member Avatar
No replies? The sadness.

---

We had interesting times in this time. We smacked down Plasma members (Mudswat did most of the work), and we made it through Chargestone Cave. Professor Juniper came by to check up on things, as well as asking Skyla for a ride over toward Opelucid City. Over the course of Chargestone Cave, danjer ended up evolving, making him an awesome Cofagrius. I evolved shortly after. HAH! Take that, you smug little Snivy/Servine/Serperior/Whatever you are!

Unfortunately, in a grinding accident, Venamisa passed away. We won't let that happen again if we can avoid it. We met up with Rapunzel as a Cubchoo, which caused an evil grin to form on Nina's face. She then had everyone train up until Rapunzel evolved and Tigger got some more levels. We missed out on our Celestial Tower catch, but that Lucky Egg did lovely things for us training-wise. (By missed out, I mean that Nina avoided catching it due to it being predominantly Litwicks and not having any desire to catch an Elgyem either. She's allowing herself an extra catch in a future area potentially.)

Now, here's the thing about Skyla. Her team? It's weird. She had an Unfezant (the easy one), a Skarmory and a Swanna. No one perished there, but, dang! She's a weird bird. Literally. Lentimas Town has absolutely nothing of note within it except there is a Pokémon Center is in there.

We went through a rather strange house near Reversal Mountain, which had nothing but Litwick in it. We got this weird Lunar Wing, though. Strange...I think we saw a human ghost.

So, we didn't catch anything within Reversal Mountain yet (Nina repelled through the entire cave and we didn't go back, but we caught a Trapinch named Chandelure, but Nina is just calling her Chandy to lower her confusion, since there's a species called Chandelure. We also met an anti-explosive Jellicent named Honey, as in the Honey Badger. So, there we go. Not much changed, but not much was bad, either. Oh, and Chandy evolved, too. One more step until she's a badass Flygon.

Author's Notes
Edited by BeyondTheFail, Jan 2 2013, 06:45 PM.

danjer
Member Avatar
Don't mess with PINK
I forgot to reply to your previous post...I sad.
Anyways...
Posted Image
These extra hands will help with my nomming
Posted Image ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg Art by Dachampster ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggArt by KillrbladezgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggArt by Dachampster

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Completed Written Story Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply