Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Sit down for some tea, and the featurers will find a run that's a match for you!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the PokÚmon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[INACTIVE]Leaf's Nuzlocke Challenge: FireRed Edition; Updated 12/16
Topic Started: Aug 7 2013, 07:44 AM (13,327 Views)
Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Eterna Gym
Yeah, I blame my brother for introducing me to the Nuzlocke Challenge. And I blame my lack of computer skills for the fact that I'm using traditional media to make this comic rather than using digital media like so many of the better-looking Nuzlocke comics. Still, this should hopefully be fun and maybe someone will like this.

All right, time for summary:

Kicked out of her home by her mother, armed with a Pokemon from the absent-minded and forgetful Professor Oak, and striving to beat her jerk of a neighbor that no one likes, Leaf heads out into the world to defeat the Gym Leaders and eventually face the Elite Four. Along the way, the child will combat the organized crime group known as Team Rocket and gather allies in the form of her team of Pokemon.

But the Nuzlocke Challenge means that the stakes are far higher than normal. Defeats will be paid for dearly and losses will occur. Loyal companions will risk death against their opponents. And at least one member of the team is not what they seem.

Will Leaf fulfill her goal and bring her team against their ultimate opponent? Or will she and her Pokemon fall short? What will be her final destiny?

The Links to the Comic
Edited by Bookwormgal, Dec 16 2014, 02:39 PM.
Check out my comic: Leaf's Nuzlocke Challenge
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
...And it is now up to nine pages.

🌠 Lucas 🌠
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
You got a PIKACHU! YOUR SO FRICKING LUCKY YOU AWESOME PERSON!

Anyway your PokÚmon are pretty cute and Professor Oak looks pretty boss.
Suppose I can plug my UCL challenge thingy here
[34/48 badges in, 24 dead. I failed the run but it was super fun!]

Whitey
Member Avatar

That pikachu is so adorable! I must hug it. (This is coming from a Guy)

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
I'm glad that everyone is as excited about the Pikachu in Virdian Forest as I was. I couldn't believe my luck.

Vivificient
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Dewford Gym...... so there.

This is a fun beginning to a comic. I enjoyed the jokes about the Pokémon's nicknames.
Rules

3. When a Pokémon faints, it is released and is considered deceased.
- The only exception is against the Elite Four.
Having an exception to the death clause for the hardest battles of the game doesn't sound very kosher. You've gotta look death in the eye and face it down fair and square!
Posted Image
Helpful team name spoiler (contains spoilers and helpful team names)
Posted Image

Battle for an Electric Unova!
Team Volt Tackle vs the Excadrill of Terrible Doom!

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Thanks. It partially comes from the fact my brother always thinks my nicknames for my Pokemon are stupid. It has reached a point where it has been decided that I shouldn't even be allowed to name my own children should I ever have any. So I just went with it in the comic.

...And in regards to the exception to the rule, I am considering getting rid of it. That was back when I held doubts I would even get that far in the game. I figured I'd lose by the third gym. In the game, I actually have seven badges and a lot more confidence that I'll be able to to make it.
Edited by Bookwormgal, Aug 8 2013, 08:40 AM.

quarkyguy
Member Avatar
Bear
[AUTOMATED] Hello! I've moved your thread to the Other Adventures forum as it is either not a Pokemon-based game or not in compliance with the core Nuzlocke rules.

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Okay, could someone please put my thread back to the "Fan Challenge Runs" where it belongs? This is definitely a Pokemon-based game and, as I told Vivificent, I am taking out the Elite Four exception. Thus, this would follow the core Nuzlocke rules and there would be no reason for this thread to be on "Other Adventures." I would deeply appreciate it.

Thank you.

🌠 Lucas 🌠
Member Avatar
XD, p.m. Quarky as he will move it back. He probably read the rules before and moved them or something.

Anyway you had a 5% chance of encountering it according to bulbapedia.

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Yeah, I talked to Quarky and I got it moved back. So I'm happy about that.

5% chance? I figured it was something like that, but I didn't bother looking up the exact percentage. Still, I knew it was definitely a lucky break for me.

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Page 10 and the first part of the battle with Brock is now up.

🌠 Lucas 🌠
Member Avatar
That poor geodude, never mess with tiffany, she will beat the living crap out of you if you make fun of her bow.

I think brock was checking out the main character XD

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Yeah, Tiffany may be a girl and she may like her pink bow, but she is still a Mankey and they are famous for their tempers.

And Brock isn't so much checking out the eleven year old girl as he's noticing that she has a fire-type starter instead of a water or grass-type. Blame any ambiguity of the situation on Spark's height and the fact that Leaf is wearing a skirt.

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Page 11 is now ready. And I can't draw a dust cloud to save my life...

Vivificient
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Dewford Gym...... so there.

For how big and tough he looks, Onix can't take that much, can it? That or it's just that nothing can stand against Tiffany's residual rage.

Note to self: do not question the fashion choices of fighting PokÚmon.
Posted Image
Helpful team name spoiler (contains spoilers and helpful team names)
Posted Image

Battle for an Electric Unova!
Team Volt Tackle vs the Excadrill of Terrible Doom!

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Hehehe. Yeah, Onix turned out to be all talk. Especially against Tiffany's Low Kick.

And fighting pokemon are allowed to look however they like. Or else they'll punch/kick you into orbit.

Glad you seem to like it.

QuickSilver
Member Avatar
I got my mind made up, man, I can't let go

Tiffany kicks ass! I like her, she's a boss.

I'm interested to see where you go with anime!Ash and his predicament! Maybe this hints at an over-arching plot for dear Leaf's adventure, hmmm?

Either way, this is cute! Great job!
Posted Image
(9/7) Chapter 39

Posted Image
(6/28) Chapter 2

Avatar courtesy of the lovely Degree!

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Yep, Tiffany is my precious, deadly girl on the team. And insulting her bow is a great way to end up being destroyed by her.

In regards to Anime!Ash and his role in the plot, there shall be some hints of how he ended up in the story once Leaf catches her next pokemon.

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
And now page 12 is up. And there's lots of dialogue with this one.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Incomplete Comic Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply