Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Have you heard about the Autumn Communitylocke?
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to Nuzlocke Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokemon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find out that, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WonderLocke; Nuzlocke with a wonderful twist...
Topic Started: Oct 22 2013, 08:28 AM (1,721 Views)
Blinky
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Alright, so, I've made a list of rules for a new type of Nuzlocke, for X and Y specifically.

I absolutely love the Wonder Trade feature in X and Y, so I've decided to make extra use of it.

--Rules--
1) Your starter pokemon must be traded away as soon as possible using the wonder trade and the pokemon received can be used instead.
2) Catch one pokemon per route, but try and find the best/rarest one as to not spam the wonder trade with commonly found mons. The caught pokemon must not be used, but traded away on the wonder trade. The received pokemon can then be used.
3) When a pokemon faints, it is considered dead.

Simple, right?
When I get pokemon X, I may either do a storylocke or comic of this, who knows?
What do you guys think? Sound like something you'd try?
Edited by Blinky, Oct 22 2013, 01:17 PM.
Posted Image Have Larvestas in my friend safari, PM me if you're looking for one ~
Have a new storylocke up -Region Falsehood
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tinkerfel
Member Avatar
HappyHappyHappyHappy
It does sound really interesting, however there's one massive flaw you might come across; Wonder Trade people are asses. The best I've had from 50+ wonder trades was a lv 14 Venipede. I've also counted over a dozen Caterpie and Scatterbugs. So whilst it is interesting, you'd find a massive amount of underpower-mons and if you didn't include dupes clause, you're likely finishing the game with nothing but Butterfree and Beedrill and Diggersby. Unless you get lucky and there's some nice person out there.
Due to technical faults, my below runs are hiatused for reasons explained within.

Blinky
Member Avatar
Yes, you've got a valid point there, but among those caterpies and scatterbugs, you can often find amazing pokemon. I've got a lot of boring pokemon from the first few routes in the trade, and when that happens, it sucks. But now since I've completed Y, I'd find interesting mons to catch and send them off, and you'd be surprised at what you'll get in return. I even got a Chesnaught and Deino at one point.
So yes, you will probably get a lot of uninteresting ones, but with a bit of luck, you'll get something worthwhile.
Edited by Blinky, Oct 22 2013, 01:14 PM.
Posted Image Have Larvestas in my friend safari, PM me if you're looking for one ~

LeopardWriting
Member Avatar

I may give it a try when(or if) I get to nuzlocking x at the very end of my hexalocke . I get see it being any less risky than a random egglocke, so we'll see.

Blinky
Member Avatar
Hey, I'm just glad someone's interested in trying it out, thanks for taking notice.

Rumors
Member Avatar

The only issue I have with this is that the Nuzlocker will be sending out useless derps over the Wonder Trade, which only makes the problem of people spamming Caterpies and junk even worse.

Otherwise it does sound potentially fun.
Rumors' X/Y Trade Shop

Posted Image
Chapter 14: Heresy
9/10/14

Come play the Nuzlocke Text Adventure!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blinky
Member Avatar
At the end of it, I'll go on a catching spree for gravelers, haunters, larvestas, zweliouses and other pokemon considered to be good so I don't upset the balance. Heck, I gave away Yveltal on my Y run, I might as well trade off Xerneas as well.

Flandre
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Striaton Gym
Just do a dupe clause and resend any Pokemon you already received.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

♠♣SlayerEnfiniti - Expert Nuzlocker ♦♥
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Emails from my sister today:

"HOLY SHIT! I just got a Xerneas from Wonder Trade!!"

"I'm striking gold today. Another pokerus, a bred Torchic with speed boost, a Ditto, and that Xerneas."

"Oh, and a hidden ability Froakie."

...yeah, nothing but crap on Wonder Trade. XD
Y Me? A Pokemon Y Alphabetlocke!

[IN NEED OF HackING HELP]Madcap: A Pearl Randomized Metronomelocke! - Oh dear, not again.

First ever graduate of Nuzlocke University - Flandre House!

capmalachi
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Just a thought, but if you're trading it away anyway, why not just take a minute to find one of the better/rarer pokemon on the route to trade off? I might try this out at some point though, after I nuzlocke it normally.

Blinky
Member Avatar
Haha, exactly, you can find some fantastic pokemon on wonder trade!
Actually, yes, I think it might be a better idea to trade the better/rarer pokemon that can be found on the route. I'll edit that into the original post.

Rumors
Member Avatar

If you have two games and the ability to self-trade (or patience for the Poke Bank), you could make a catch, release it, get something decent on the non-Nuzlocke file, wonder trade that, and then xfer it to the Nuzlocke file. A bit convoluted, sure, but it stays within proper Nuzlocke rules and you're going to be getting a boost to XP either way. It'd also make it easier to avoid recycling crap dupes you get as well.
Rumors' X/Y Trade Shop

Posted Image
Chapter 14: Heresy
9/10/14

Come play the Nuzlocke Text Adventure!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blinky
Member Avatar
Hm, I guess I could do that. I'm sure I could find a few good ones to trade away. I see no harm in doing it.
Edited by Blinky, Oct 22 2013, 11:24 AM.

JungleB
Member Avatar
Breeding Pokemon (NOT MY 3DS)
Ok. Say you do get a Pokemon that's not completely awful that's really good. You could end up sweeping the whole game with a level 100 Mewtwo. :wooper:
Posted Image
Dreams of Change Banner by Catas123. Blind Vega Rulelocke banner by Perfect Apple.

Runs

I will breed for egglockes in gen 6! My FC is 5456 - 0096 - 7175 PM me or visit this thread
Posted Image
Name: Glitch
Adopt one yourself! @PokÚmon Orphanage

Personality Test Things
Click me!

Looking for Poliwhirl Friend Safari! PM if you would like to help.

Nate
Member Avatar
YES! YES!
One should also consider disobedience, but that could be seen as part of the challenge.
Completed
Posted Image
Pokemon Spectrum created by Hotrod198/Fluffystar. Updates every weekend!

Blinky
Member Avatar
Why, yes. You could be extremely lucky and end up with a level 100 mewtwo, hydregion, charizard and Xerneas, but of course you could get a team of scatterbugs, pansages and luvdiscs.
Ah, disobedience, that never even crossed my mind. Well, it'll simply add to the plot and character devolpment ~

But if there's no risk, there's no fun, right?

JungleB
Member Avatar
Breeding Pokemon (NOT MY 3DS)
Nate
Oct 22 2013, 01:04 PM
One should also consider disobedience, but that could be seen as part of the challenge.
Good point. Maybe there should be a rule for these types of things like if you get a pokemon 5 levels more or less than your highest level pokemon you must trade for another pokemon. Would that work?
Posted Image
Dreams of Change Banner by Catas123. Blind Vega Rulelocke banner by Perfect Apple.

Runs

I will breed for egglockes in gen 6! My FC is 5456 - 0096 - 7175 PM me or visit this thread
Posted Image
Name: Glitch
Adopt one yourself! @PokÚmon Orphanage

Personality Test Things
Click me!

Looking for Poliwhirl Friend Safari! PM if you would like to help.

Noossab Blue
Member Avatar
Rhendas should be real!

You could also take each pokemon you get over WT and breed it (once you get there). You'd have to request a ditto from a friend or something, but then you don't have an obedience or extra exp problem. And with the exp share so early, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to get it up to speed.
3DS FC: 3196 3609 8450
[Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, Golurk]
Noossab's Notably Better Breeds

Rise Up: They Were Chosen
(10/1) Ch. 3: Death by Bibarel

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Eclipse ~ Cast ~ Bow ~ Petal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Iridescent
Completed Runs
My dream team...

Talk music with me!Also I have a new hack!

Blinky
Member Avatar
Well, there are quite a lot of things to be taken into account, I guess this isn't as simple as it sounds. Nevertheless, a challenge is always welcome, even if the odds are against you...

Thanks for all the tips guys, and by all means, keep them coming. I do appreciate the help.

Blackie
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
I absolutely love the idea of WonderLocke. I will definitely do one right after my current (regular) blind nuzlocke run of X has ended.
I'm actually, weirdly enough, looking forward to getting lots of silly crap.

A couple of "problems" that have arisen while I've thought about the consept of WonderLocke though:

-Pokemon received might at completely different levels from what your Pokemon are currently at. Getting lv 1 'mons doesn't count though, as you can always grind them up to par with your current ones. I mean those lv 50 'mons at the beginning of the game. Disobedience is obviously a good option there, to compensate a bit if you have overpowered 'mons.

-Nicknames. I've seen lots of pictures of WonderTrade Pokemon having nicknames but obviously that won't always be the case. What to do when a Pokemon doesn't have a nickname and you (obviously) can't change it to anything? Do you just decide on a name and write it down or something, or do you just call it by it's Pokemon name?

I'm pretty sure I had more thought out but for now I seem to have forgotten. Thoughts?
Ongoing nuzlockes that are also on these forums:

>>I should receive a GOLD medal for this! - Pokemon Gold NO GRINDING Screenshot Nuzlocke<<

Pokemon Red & Blue NO GRINDING DUAL nuzlocke

Hiatus (might never be continued, sadly):
Pokemon Green Storylocke: Rollington's Defeat - The Ultimate Deathlocke : CHAPTER 3
By Blackie and Oddy

Posted Image
Narrated videolockes by Blackie and Oddy! (Randomizers, Metronome-lockes, evolution restrictions, blind nuzlockes and bunch of other crazy & hilarious nuzlockes! Don't miss 'em!)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Challenge Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply