Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
It doesn't matter how reckless you are - you really shouldn't abandon reading this week's feature.
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to Nuzlocke Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the Pokemon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find out that, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Manic's Dark Stars; Episode 21: Flashback
Topic Started: Feb 4 2014, 07:43 AM (97,610 Views)
Hyperius629
Member Avatar
NANANANANA
It astounds me how you can get 3 pages of posts (in one day) while only posting a prologue.

Anyways, to all saying he's the starter, I propose that he will become a voice in Sophie's head, and then the run will consist of Manic telling Sophie what to do from inside her noggin.

Alternatively he becomes Sophie but that's boring
I can't stop listening

Yo dudes, go check out The Nintendo Wars
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reikaosu
Member Avatar
Reikaosu, the infinity Monarch
There's always the possibility Manic is MULTIPLE pokemon, perhaps split back into the aspects?

...Ok, nevermind, that's the dumbest theory anyone's posted yet. (That's actually serious)
So, I've decided to start a new run, it's Duo Locke with Silverangel, I hope you all enjoy! Life's Journey and Death March, an X and Y duolocke

Current Team (Death march) SPOILERS! (Seriously, don't look yet. I haven't caught up to where I am in game in writing)

Losses...

I started a Comic too! Working on a banner, this'll have to do instead: Falling Star, A pokemon X Bluelocke

Daxter
Member Avatar
Meh.
Reikaosu
Feb 4 2014, 11:15 PM
There's always the possibility Manic is MULTIPLE pokemon, perhaps split back into the aspects?

...Ok, nevermind, that's the dumbest theory anyone's posted yet. (That's actually serious)
That is still a very cool idea, and given that it is Manic, entirely possible.
Edited by Daxter, Feb 4 2014, 11:19 PM.
Completed Runs
I'm a what..?

I don't always speak my mind. In fact, I'm usually shy. But when I do, it upsets everyone. I'm done.

TheThirdStreet
Member Avatar
Potato. That is all.
Jumping on the Starter bandwagon.

But someone that's not the trainer as Manic? Stop blowing my mind.

Also inb4 He really is a block of cheese.
Posted Image

Emerald Shine!: A Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke.

TrueZero2
Member Avatar
My nice hat is part of my cool helmet!
Well there are a few things I can think up, given all the speculation:

If he's a Pokemon, then we could have a sort of 'Pokemon training the trainer to help them improve' dynamic going, akin to him and Hideo in Vega.

If he's the rival, then it might be something more along the lines of what he was needed for was to bring about a change in Sophie to bring her up to the level that Sinnoh needs, in the same vein as a mentor figure but in a less prominent role overall (After all, Cresselia never said that it needed to be him that directly fixed the timelines, only that he became what was needed to fix them).

That being said, I'd love to see the aspects make a return like Reikaosu thought up. Heck, there's even six of him when you split Determined back into War and Peace versions. The reason I'm leaving Ascendant out of this theory is because he was formed from the other five reuniting. Heck, we still had him during Der Gnizalb.

I was about to pitch an idea of Manic the Artificial for Gnizalb's form for him, but then I remembered we have Mega Manic.

EDIT: I derped on Final Vega characters, fixed it now.
Edited by TrueZero2, Feb 5 2014, 07:39 AM.
Shadow of Death: A Platinum Nuzlocke
6th April - Intermission: Not Yet Over

Posted Image

Hall of Fame

Manic
Member Avatar
There is much to do.
Whew! Didn't think this topic would blow up quite so fast.

I was going to wait until later in the week to post an update, but at this rate, I think I'd better have one posted sooner than that. I'm thinking sometime Wednesday night.

Also, I'll go ahead and debunk two theories now: Manic is not split up in any way. Counter-proof exists in the epilogue of Final Vega. Manic is also not Sophie; she is a new character, and is the protagonist of this run.
Edited by Manic, Feb 5 2014, 02:49 AM.
Manic's Dark Stars

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Manic . . . . . . Cyrano . . . . Lewis . . . . . Tara . . . . . Peter . . . Elvira

All the world's a stage...

Completed Runs

Think.

Marps
Member Avatar
Screw Lord Goomy, Hail Goodra!
Much interest once again.

Here's a squiddle, just because. :squiddle:

Z-nogyroP
Member Avatar
whats a schedule
Manic
Feb 5 2014, 02:48 AM
Whew! Didn't think this topic would blow up quite so fast.
PFFFFTCHCHCH SURE

Come on, Manic. You know how popular your runs are around here. You really should have expected this.

Anyway, yeah, I'm jumping on the bandwagon that Manic's the starter. If he was the rival, wouldn't that mean that he would be repeatedly defeated, and his first rival battle would result in a failure, because his starter would be dead?

Also calling that this is Obsidian. If this is Bloody Platinum, you are so screwed you don't even understand.
Hiatused Runs

Posted Image
Downlord-Kluckatoa-Reptide-Rumbleweed-Darwinner-Beak Choy
This is a thing. Read it by clicking the banner!

Beast of the Sea
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Manic is Sophie's mother. :v:

(More seriously, perhaps Manic's her PokeTech? He tries frantically to guide her, she just naively wonders why her mom got her the model with the really advanced A.I. and worries about how much it must have cost...)
My Runs

Lady Chocobo
Member Avatar
Kweh~
Well, that was an interesting opening. Can't wait to see more~
Completed Runs

3DS Friend Code: 5043-2401-2358
FS: Ice-Type Snover, Beartic, Piloswine. PM me if you add me!

Sombres
Member Avatar
Honorary T-Fanger
Guessin' Manic is the champ, but pokÚmanic would be fun.

The apparent reality show setting can be interesting.
Posted Image

Undocumented Yet Another Fire Red Hack Nuzlocke (Attempt number: 002) [FAILED]

Name: Sombres
Badges: 8
PokÚdex: 59
Deaths: 26

BlackStarLine
Member Avatar
For Queen & Country..
Y'know, the idea of Manic being the little voice inside Sophies head giving her advice isn't half bad... Manic hasn't debunked it yet so who knows...

NuzJocke
Member Avatar
I'm a Daniel Bryan guy
He can't be stopped!

I'm liking the audition tape feel of the intro. I'm curious to see how this will end up being different from your usual runs, Manic. I'm sure it'll still fit into your overall story somehow...
Hall of Fame

Currently in Progress...
Posted Image
Many thanks to Perfect Apple for the tooooo sweet banner!

YoshiOrLuigi29
Member Avatar
Weegee was here
Z-nogyroP

Anyway, yeah, I'm jumping on the bandwagon that Manic's the starter. If he was the rival, wouldn't that mean that he would be repeatedly defeated, and his first rival battle would result in a failure, because his starter would be dead?

Who says that if Manic shows up as the rival that he would have Nuzlocke at all? He might show up as a secondary character that doesn't have Nuzlocke. And also, Manic didn't debunk the starter theory, the rival theory, OR the block of cheese theory so each of those options could be how Manic shows up here.

Or Manic might not show up at all and could just be pulling our legs.
Posted Image

My one finished run here.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Some shiny Pokemon that I've caught in Pokemon Y.

Z-nogyroP
Member Avatar
whats a schedule
YoshiOrLuigi29
Feb 5 2014, 01:07 PM
Z-nogyroP

Who says that if Manic shows up as the rival that he would have Nuzlocke at all? He might show up as a secondary character that doesn't have Nuzlocke. And also, Manic didn't debunk the starter theory, the rival theory, OR the block of cheese theory so each of those options could be how Manic shows up here.
Well, it would kind of defeat the point if Manic is supposed to restore the timeline, not Sophie. And Manic's "thing" has always been that he's had Nuzlocke. Just my two cents.

Also, this is sounding more and more like a TV program. The updates are called Episodes, and "How will anyone care about your Pokemon if they don't have names?" makes me think this will be a survivor-esque thing, not to mention the general tone of the prologue.

Denied also makes me think that this will be based on Ace Attorney, like Der was on MegaMan.

Guess for Denied!- After your first death, you may no longer catch Pokemon until you earn a gym badge, and then only once per time.

Not likely, but whatever.
Hiatused Runs

Posted Image
Downlord-Kluckatoa-Reptide-Rumbleweed-Darwinner-Beak Choy
This is a thing. Read it by clicking the banner!

MisterM
No Avatar
Derp
Hi Manic, I'm new here but I've been quietly following all of your runs and I'm really fond of them! This one should not be an exception :)

Anyway, here is my attempt at a hypothesis...

Quote:

I've put in a whole lot of work, done a lot of studying - but not too much! - and I think I'd do a really good job.

Great job? If it was a TV show or a contest (singing, dancing, whatever...) I'm not sure we'd be talking about a job so I'm guessing we're talking about something totally different! Extreme Makeover - Home Edition? #RandomIdea

Quote:

I'm going to be fourteen years old in about two weeks...just in time for the announcement!

Again, what announcement? Maybe just the announce of the ones kept for the 'final' round - Sophie, Barry and Lucas I'm guessing... but gym leaders are also contestants!! #WhatATwist

Quote:

I don't know if there's a uniform or anything

Something quite formal? To do a job? For an entertainment show?
... Am I the only one with a Hunger Games vibe here?

As for Manic's part in this, I like the idea of him being a Poke, but maybe with another twist linked to rule 7 - being the starter seems too 'easy' for Manic ;)

O-em333
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuschia Gym
I look forward to this run! Maybe it's possible that Manic's the starter, but he has ways of pulling awesome twists in his runs, so maybe not. I'm never any good at theories, so I'll just wait and see...

Tdub
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Good luck, Manic! Platinum's tough as it is, without a hack involved.
Current Run
Gleaming Platinum - A Tdub Run
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Michael Gina Charles Tristan Gem Jake

speedingAndroid
Member Avatar
Guy who keeps losing to Wallace
I think that Manic would HAVE to be the starter, my reason being quite simple. Manic has to defeat the champion in order to get to pretty much every legendary (or what is considered to be a legendary, anyway). He can't be in the "sidelines", because then the timeline would still be... bad in the way that this one has currently. If he is defeated, then that timeline is fucked. Which one he might be... I have no idea. Turtwig, maybe?

As for Rule 7, it probably has something to do with contests, because she seems like a contestant-type of girl. But it's probably going to have something to do with Gym Leaders. Like this: "DENIED! - After you defeat Roark, you may no longer heal at Pokemon Centers until you defeat the next one, and then only once"! If not, then I will have no idea as to what is to come. Knowing Manic, he's probably going to pull some shenanigans out of Sophie's hat, or something. :lilcal:

Steelio
Member Avatar
The Storm of Steel. Sorta.
I wonder which Platinum hack you'll be playing since you've already had a vanilla Platinum run. The possibilities are endless, given only the one screen shown right now, but either way I'm very much looking forward to this run.

Dat rule 7 has me worried, though...
Posted Image
^ Puppets can be our friends, too. (Non-Nuzlocke) ^

Run's slightly less dead, but don't expect consistent updates yet.

Current Run

Completed Run

This is how I roll

9 users reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Screenshot and Written Log Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply