Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Featurettes are back!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the PokÚmon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bringing Down the Sky; A Soul Silver Nuzlocke comic -- Chp11: p 199 19th May
Topic Started: Jan 8 2015, 07:04 PM (29,544 Views)
Roccenere
Member Avatar
cinderella man
check my deviantart page if I forget to update here lol
Most recent Update: Chapter 11: Page 199

Posted Image

BRINGING DOWN THE SKY
click for the cover page and rules
Warnings
Occasional strong language
Violence
Adult themes?
Spookiness
Come on it's a shit comic

A story about fumbling your way through your life and being picked on by some weird bird thing.
And on DeviantArt

Updates:
-Will always update on Saturday
-second and third updates depend on how my buffer is going
--may update on Weds/Thurs
I try to draw this comic around my life, and sometimes my buffer gets unhealthy so I drop back to 1 page a week.

The concept for the story is based on some other pokemon-universe story idea that I've had since 2009, before I had ever heard of Nuzlockes.

Rules

Prologue
Seeming

Part 1
***Art goes back to the beginning here, Chp 0 is more of a taste for what chapters 7+ are like (: please be patient with the first few chapters
Modus Operandi

Part 2
Tempest

---

Extra content

[/url][/url]
Extras

Fanart!

Pages completed: 231 idk Chp 13 is gonna be way longer than I thought
Buffer - 33[edit_reason]jfc[/edit_reason]
Edited by Roccenere, May 18 2018, 06:24 PM.
Posted Image
A Soul Silver Nuzlocke.
Story summary: Lugia is sick of your shit.
And on the Nuzlocke Forums
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MachuChang
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Awesome run so far! I love your art style; the world really feels alive. The detail in these first few pages is truly excellent, like the signs behind the car and the rattata (I think?) skeleton in Elm's office. Your poses feel nice and fluid, and every character has their own distinctive look. Heck, you just use perspective very well in general. I like the dialogue a lot too. It feels very natural.

I'm especially fond of your depiction of Totodile. Orm is awfully cute. I like his long neck and spiky little arms, and his speech bubbles are great.

Awesome work so far! I can't wait to see more!

Posted Image

Akitcougar
Member Avatar
Terribly Busy College Student
I'm enjoying this so far! I just read through all the pages, and I like how you pace it. The characters are nice and distinct, and I look forward to seeing how you handle Cass. Orm is adorable, and his facial expressions are fantastic!

The handwriting was a little hard to read in a couple places, but overall it works with the style of the comics and is readable. I'm looking forward to reading more of this.
The Divine Comedy (A Storylocke Trilogy)

Posted Image (Completed)

Posted Image (Current)

akitcougar on deviantart

akitcougar on tumblr

Nekophilia
Member Avatar
Gotta go fast!
Pleasant art, a story boiling on your head since 2009 and a Dragon Ball reference this early, yup, I'll be following this run.
No Homo - An Alpha Sapphire heterotype nuzlocke
Latest update on March 12

The offensive signature

Vivificient
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Dewford Gym...... so there.

Good start. The first page works well in setting up Cass' emotional situation in just a few snapshots. And I like your sleeker take on Totodile's design. Should be interesting to see where you go from here.
Posted Image
Helpful team name spoiler (contains spoilers and helpful team names)
Posted Image

Battle for an Electric Unova!
Team Volt Tackle vs the Excadrill of Terrible Doom!

Roccenere
Member Avatar
cinderella man
Hi guys!
I hope that you all enjoy it as much as I am currently enjoying writing it.
Do let me know if you can't read my handwriting at any point, so that I can translate into actual English hahaha.

I'm really open to feed back, so letting me know about stuff like handwriting is excellent (:

I hope I can hold up to expectation!
Posted Image
A Soul Silver Nuzlocke.

LeopardWriting
Member Avatar

Great art style, I love when comic creators create their own version of Pokemon we all know. The plot seems interesting as well, consider me a follower .

sophiecognito
Member Avatar
Pokebanker

I really adore Orm's design. Usually totodiles look more stocky but yours is slimmer and more reptilian/lizard than croc ya know? It's really nice (as well as your art style too). I'm interested in your protag's past, especially her arrests. That death must have hit her hard :/ That would make any future deaths interesting to show.
Current Run:

Posted Image
Xeno: Letter from Hoenn
Banner by the lovely Rainey <3
An Alpha Sapphire Storylocke/Letterlocke
Featured on 3/8/15

Roccenere
Member Avatar
cinderella man
Hi!

I based Orm's design a little more on things like ratcroc and boarcroc, and just probably overemphasised the forearm scutes hahahaha. I didn't want to go for the heavier modern croc design.
Huehuehue, I will probably do a couple of extra background comics for a her at a later time (:

Thanks for following ;P I'll look forward to any feedback you guys have!
Posted Image
A Soul Silver Nuzlocke.

jadethestone
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Oh hey! I've been following this over on dA and I almost didn't realize that you were, uh, you. I'm glad I found you over on the forums as well though.
I really like how you've been drawing the Pokemon - especially Totodile. I'll continue to be reading this!
Posted Image
Pokemon Diamond Randomizer Doctor Who-locke
Linked XY
Pocket Monsters Green
Fall vs Autumn: Silver Skies Autumn CommunityLocke

Emilianite
Member Avatar
just a blob

This is really cool so far, I like your style a lot! And I'll just echo everyone when I say I really like the design of Orm, and it also seems like our protag here has an interesting background. c:
Keep it up!
Posted Image Posted Image

Roccenere
Member Avatar
cinderella man
A wild update appears!
Chp1p7

but you have no pokeballs awwwwwl

Thanks for the positive feedback about Orm's change of design (:

Jade: haha :D I started posting it on deviantArt, I was actually way nervous about putting it up here for some reason. It was kind of like the next step in 'you can't bail now'. Hahah!

Emilia: Thank you! I chewed through your comic, it's really amazing, I have it bookmarked now :D Haha, yeah, she does have a bit of an interesting background, but as long as we all use little words she should be all right.
Posted Image
A Soul Silver Nuzlocke.

sophiecognito
Member Avatar
Pokebanker

Time for first rival battle! >:)

Also d'aww Orm couldn't catch up the poor sweetie.
Current Run:

Posted Image
Xeno: Letter from Hoenn
Banner by the lovely Rainey <3
An Alpha Sapphire Storylocke/Letterlocke
Featured on 3/8/15

MachuChang
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Aww, Orm! As always, I love the art design here. That has to be the single most threatening Chikorita I've ever seen. With looks like that, it actually makes sense to me that an antagonist would choose it. The expressions are great, especially Orm's, and I love Cass's snark in this confrontation. The little details like Cass's sweat and the sloshing water in the bottle really help bring the scenes to life.
Posted Image

LeopardWriting
Member Avatar

I liked how even though Orm doesn't speak his trainer understands him. I also agree, Silver's Chikorita does look intimidating.

Degree
Member Avatar
"F*ck"

This is a great comic so far man! love your style (particularly Your totodile!)

Keep it up man!
[Posted Image
Smackjeeves DeviantArt Tumblr

PossumFlavored
Member Avatar
Seals Make Deals
always fun to see people take diffrent spins with the pokemon in art styles. You can still tell which pokemon it is, but seeing how its different is a lot of fun. It brings new perspective to certain pokemon.
holy, just read that buffer size. That makes me super exited. Says that you aren't only doing this for gratification from others (obviously even if you dont have one doesn't necessarily mean that you are, its just I've seen a lot going ' i want to be that cool author with lots of fans' and gets like 4 pages done), which means its a lot more likely to last longer. You probably more confident in your art style, and practiced. And several more things.
Edited by PossumFlavored, Jan 12 2015, 10:18 PM.
if you would like a response from me, its best to PM me. I only check the forums a couple times a month, if that.

Umberoff
Member Avatar
9w6

oh my gosh, this totodile, I am in love with his lil' raptor face and long spiky arms and his movements and AH IT'S GREAT

Looking forward to see where this is going and seeing your interpretations of some of the other mons!
Posted Image
contains adequate amounts of wringing, and occasionally some locking

Posted Image

DeviantArt | Nuzlocke Tumblr | Personal Tumblr

jadethestone
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Another cool page. Rival battle time!!!
Posted Image
Pokemon Diamond Randomizer Doctor Who-locke
Linked XY
Pocket Monsters Green
Fall vs Autumn: Silver Skies Autumn CommunityLocke

Roccenere
Member Avatar
cinderella man
UPDATE: Chp1p8

Hahaha awww man I hope that you guys weren't expecting an awesome rival battle. Because for serious: nope.

LeopardWriting: 'understands' she'll miss a lot of stuff because a) she's a moron and b) she's not thaaaat good at reading non-humans. :D thanks though! It's interesting making a green bean with giant desu eyes intimidating.

Degree: :D thank you I will try!

PossumFlavored: That's good feedback thank you, I was a little worried that he'd look too different to the normal totodile, but at the same time, I didn't want to draw the normal totodile for like... one hundred pages or something. Haha yeah, buffers. Not gonna lie, I'm freaking out a little that people seem to like it so far. But yeah, I'm doing this story because I've never been able to stick with a long story and see it through to the end, and I want to with this one. Gives me a base to practice character development, drawing people, different expressions, and all that jazz. And also draw pokemon, because unf pokemon are cool bro.

Umberon: huehuehue his widdle raptor face is super cute. This nuzlocke run made me a big fan of totodiles (:

Jadethestone: are you ready for the most underwhelming rival battle ever?
Edited by Roccenere, Jan 13 2015, 06:55 PM.
Posted Image
A Soul Silver Nuzlocke.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Comic Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply