Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Pride Month Create-a-thon has now begun! Don't forget to check out Featured Fan Runs - this run really shouldn't be Lost in the Stream!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the PokÚmon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anthem - an Alpha Sapphire run; (5/31) Interlude #06: Rust // On hiatus, but Q+A is still open!
Topic Started: Apr 18 2016, 09:30 AM (38,996 Views)
Posted ImageGoGoGogoatPosted Image
Member Avatar
If you're scared, I'm on my way
After about a year and a half of saying I wanted to do an Alpha Sapphire run, it's finally time. Welcome to my fourth run, and I hope you enjoy it!

To begin, there are a few things I'd like to explain about how I plan to write this run. These will be covered in the "run notes" tab below, and I recommend you read it before the rules or prologue.

Run notes

Rules

Updates

Fanart (?!)

Prologue: Showtime

Thoughts
Posted Image

Last update - (5/31) Interlude #06: Rust // Q+A open!

Current team (spoilers!)

Posted Image

Not dead, I promise...

Posted Image

Last update - (1/22) | A compendium of my past and present projects. Check it out!

"So long as you always maintain a sense of exploration, you will someday find the way out. This is my hope."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Diaper McDiaper
Member Avatar
MOO? MOO?! MOO!
Hey, cool. I have been a preety much silent reader of thee (even when the runs were finished) and I have decided to stop by. So, preety cool. Huh.
We've walked a long way from home.
Am I still another one?

May the legend live on.

An ode to cows

Posted ImageShiny DustoxPosted Image
Member Avatar
reset myself and get back on track
*shrieks*

Been so excited for this run wahoo!

Apollo sounds like a hoot. The switch to dramatic narration definitely suits him and I can imagine will make some fun situations in the future. Suddenly, dramatic fabulous battle against Archie.

Also, I love the song you picked. Definitely sets the tone for the run. As I've mentioned in Discord, I totally suggest this song. Or this one apparently.

Good luck!
Edited by Shiny Dustox, Apr 18 2016, 10:08 AM.
Posted Image
art by AgentNein

Current Team | 23 - Fatigue Limit - vs Byron

Posted ImageTo view my Completed Runs, feel free to visit The Insectarium.Posted Image

Posted Image Jimcloud Posted Image
Member Avatar
Popped collars and fingerguns

Huh. I'm intrigued to see where this is going. Apollo's a bit of a space case, eh?

To be completely honest, I'm not much into the musical interludes, myself. I mean, I'm not really a fan of lyrical songs in general so it's just... a bit awkward for me I guess. BUT I WILL TOLERATE THIS FOR YOU GOGOAT-KUN. That being said, if you happen to need any instrumentals at any point, I'm your gal. :v:
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: man i wish i didnt use a monkey paw to get u as admin
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: like ur a great admin
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: but i have to deal with these
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: fucking
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: puns
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: all the fucking time
[4:14 AM] Jimcloud: So you'd rather we quit monkeying around.
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: all
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: the
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: fucking
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: time
[1:46 AM] the traveling clock problem: i'm more worried about the fact that it wasn't "unflawed" that was edited
[1:46 AM] Furfrou: unflawed is a word tho
[1:46 AM] the traveling clock problem: it doesn't sound pretty, i guess
[1:47 AM] Jimcloud: so it's not unflawed
[1:47 AM] the traveling clock problem: mag if you ever hire another admin never use a monkey's paw ever again jfc
[1:47 AM] Furfrou: it was necessary

Runs

Mychro
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
I was genuinely sitting in my chair grinning when I was reading the intro as the music was playing - You are starting on a high note, good sir!

A protagonist with an actual functioning family? That's actually pretty darn refreshing!

Not quite sure about what kind of music you want for these chapters, but this one is a personal favorite for emotional moments.
I'm a sucker for this one for a feelgood-segment.

Aaaaand leaving this right here because that one always makes me grin :v:

Finished Run

Current Run

Posted ImageRevenantPosted Image
Member Avatar
Do you hear the toll of the bell?

Ohhhh I really enjoyed this prologue piece. The rules seem really interesting and I'm all for the incorporation of music in runs, because music is an important part of life for me and I love seeing and hearing the music that's important for other people!

Apollo is an interesting character. I love the switch into narrator voice, it really makes him feel imaginative and bright. The atmosphere of this run feels so nice. Maybe when I stop being shy and brain dead I'll send some music I enjoy your way!

I'm super excited to see how contests come into play. When The Hoenn segment of the show came out and May got into contests I'll admit that I was always really excited to watch those, so I'm excited to see how these get portrayed in the context of a run. :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

RedSpeed'15
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
I'm excited to read this run and to see what songs you'll use in your run. Speaking about songs:
'Everybode Wants to Rule The World' by Tears For Fears, it's about wanting to rule over the world, it could fit with Team Aqua.

Sadly, I only have one more (clichÚ) song idea.
'Eye Of The Tiger', because Brawly.

I will post ideas when inspiration strikes me.

Edited by RedSpeed'15, Apr 18 2016, 10:51 AM.
Didn't really like his previous username (Pokemonforumlurker121)

Tiggy69
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Whoah that intro music made this run so legit! To be honest I forgot contest existed until now, so I'm really interested in how this is going to go. Cant wait for more!

Posted Image

NightmareAura
Member Avatar
Slowly, but surely, replacing picture links.
Cool to see another run from you. This already seems like a much more lighthearted run.

The focus of music and contests. Interesting.
Photobucket has stopped hosting pictures for free. I'm slowly, but surely, replacing picture links. This includes runs I've already completed so please bare with me. I think I have found a bypass for Photobucket. Sort of... EDIT: There seems to be a Add-on for Chrome to view Photobucket pictures. Seems to work fine for me, but you choose whether it's worth it.

Completed Runs

Indefinite Hiatus

WHAT AM I!?

SprungGeoduck
Member Avatar

OH LORDY!

*squealing*

Been a fan of all your runs, Gogoat, and I can't wait to see how this one pans out. Seems like it's gonna be a good'un.
Posted Image
Banner by the amazing Rainey!

Miki-chan13
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
AAAAAAAAA!~!!!!1!!!!!!!!!111 8DDDDDDDD

I'm so stoked for this run- I'm already loving Apollo and the characters so far!

I've only read Mack's live reaction black 2 nuzlocke and I was torn between being upset he didn't like one of my favorite games, amazed at his editing skills and loving his narrative and Pokemon characters.

Some music suggestions? Um, Human by Christina Perri, Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift, Try Everything by Shakira, This is War by Thirty Seconds To Mars, This Will Be The Day/ I May Fall/ I Burn/ From Shadows/ Time To Say Good-bye Caffine by Cassandra Lee and Lamar Hall of RWBY Rooster Teeth and I can't remember any other good ones ^^;

Also, I vote Treecko as Apollo's starter if that means anything :)
Edited by Miki-chan13, Apr 18 2016, 06:06 PM.
Posted Image[/spoiler]

Noossab Blue
Member Avatar
Ramilda will take you down.

Yay I caught a run from the beginning!

I can't wait to see how the contests play out. I seriously suck at them so seeing a master at work will be nice :)
Noossab's Notably Better Breeds

Building up my Sun/Moon breeding pool.

Completed Runs
Iridescent
My dream team...

Sheepscope
Member Avatar
*imagining something fluffy with a sniper scope*

Oh, wow! You're starting this already, that's fantastic! I love what you're doing with Contests, especially just being in them.

Life's always going to be a struggle. Sometimes the world is too much, and especially in Hoenn, you'll find yourself swallowed in the sea (Parade of Lights reminds me strongly of Coldplay)

If you want something a little fun, there's Weapon of Choice.

Final Mix: A Black 2 RBO Nuzlocke
There may be death. And insanity. And occasionally eating yogurt.

Part 8, updated 6/15/18

The Team
The Retired

True Gold development thread

Everything in the past leads to the present, and from the present to the future.
I think one's outlook on life depends on whether one spends more time looking out, looking out, or looking out.

Posted ImageGoGoGogoatPosted Image
Member Avatar
If you're scared, I'm on my way
I've been swirling around ideas for this run for months now. I hope you're as excited for this as I am!

Replies
Posted Image

Last update - (5/31) Interlude #06: Rust // Q+A open!

Current team (spoilers!)

Posted Image

Not dead, I promise...

Posted Image

Last update - (1/22) | A compendium of my past and present projects. Check it out!

"So long as you always maintain a sense of exploration, you will someday find the way out. This is my hope."

General Pandemonium
Member Avatar
Hip to be Square
Ohhh I am definitely looking forward to this. I loved Luminary but it's going to be fun reading something a bit lighter (I assume).

I've never really done any contests and most runs seem to ignore them so I'm really interested to see you do them.

As for song suggestions... oh boy. I have an absolute TON (and that's just the one's I've come up with in a few minutes). I'll try and keep it to just 3 suggestions per comment but tell me if it's getting excessive.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Maps

Sam Sparro- Black and Gold

Woodkid- Run Boy Run
ON HIATUS

Former Runs

I also do a whole bunch of podcasts on books, TV and comics as part of The Geek Show. You can find us on Mixcloud by searching for Literary Loitering, On The Box and 4-Panel.

Erberor
Member Avatar
The Feelstabber

DAMNIT APOLLO YOU'VE EXISTED FOR 10 SECONDS AND I'M ALREADY IN LOVE WITH YOUR SASS!
Posted Image
Updated 12/22/17: Chapter 1 Rewrite
Posted Image
The Kindred, corrupted fragments of humanity's legacy, must fight if they wish to inherit their broken world.
6/22/18 - Part 10: Why

These are not Pocket Monsters: An "Egglocke" of Monster Hunter StoriesCome and lay witness to my attempts to stretch the nuzlocke rules to apply to a game they were never meant to.
"If we can't learn from a world that is 'fake', how can we hope to learn from one that is real?" -paraphrased from the words of Jacob, an old friend and the one who sparked my love of creation

Huntress Wizard
Member Avatar
she

alright, how many internal organs did you have to sell to get that capture system

This looks awesome! I love thinking of music that might go along with my runs, so this is right up my alley.

Uh, a song I like is Two Birds by Regina Spektor. It might be good if you have one cautious character and one adventurous character.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Completed Runs

crossedblessings
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
This looks awesome! I love contest and the remakes gave people a chance to love them all over again.
And, while Huntress Wizard kinda took my inital recommendation, how about Fine on the Outside by Priscilla Ahn . It kind of reminds me of Wally, yeah know? Also, anything by Queen. I love Queen and they have a song for everything. I can't wait to read it all!
Edited by crossedblessings, Apr 22 2016, 09:34 PM.

Speedcal
Member Avatar
Lightning ⚡️ Rod

Woohoo! Finally, a Gogoat run that I can read from the start! :)

Apollo seems (is already) a tremendous character especially his narrations. It's really fun to read.

The importance of music in this run is well, awesome! Won't suggest any music for now, but I'm really looking forward to this.

AncientAbsol
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
this looks like fun...Apollo is hilarious...and contests eh...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Screenshot and Written Log Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply