Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Thank you for visiting PSOBB's Private server forums, reactivated till crono fixes the other ones.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Issues with BBA
Topic Started: Apr 26 2007, 01:49 PM (1,106 Views)
Fishy
Old School Gamer
Okay I just bought a BBA off ebay a while ago. I am having trouble setting it up. It was just the BBA no software or box. I pop'd in a copy of Planetweb 3.0 and went to config things and I was still getting the dial up settings and no bba. I tried connected anyways...

The ebay auction listed it as the Japanese Import (model # HIT-0401) BBA purchased from "Lik-Sang". I looked at the browser pinned topic and started downloading different bba enabled dreamcast browsers. The only one that lets me change settings is the Broad Band Passport (XDP sorta worked but I dont think it was working right). When i tried to go to a webpage an error poped up stating that it can not get an ip from the dhcp or whatever... I then tried manually assigning an ip and shit like that. At this point I checked the cable to see if that was damaged (there had been construction on in my room) it works fine. I then checked my router and the dreamcast wasnt showing up in any of the logs or clients table. I have another dreamcast I could try it out with luckily. Any thoughts on what I shoud do to get it working?

One last thing...How can I tell if i was sold the HIT-0400/401 or wrongly sold a HIT-0300 LAN ADAPTER? There was no sticker or bar code or any number on it, I could always open it up and find out what the chipset is but I would rather not.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

_lo_

Hi,

you can buy Quake III (us version) for testing. There you can setup the BbA (but it's only for quake III, for PSO you would need to do a setup with XDP).

If your BbA won't work with Quake III it should be a LAN adapter..

I hope I could help you.

Greetz
lo [ .t.r.i.c. ]

Thira CLONE
Member Avatar
Holy Lady of Ragol
If your adapter has LAN port faced pin side as outer ("L" side), it's HIT-0400.
Or if faced pin side as inner ("N" side), it's HIT-0300.

AleronIves
Member Avatar
PSO Addict
I've *heard* that JP BBAs must be configured with the JP browser, but I don't think that's true. I have a US BBA so I can't verify it. Also I recommend you use static IP, but make sure you have IP, subnet mask, DNS, gateway, etc configured properly. You'll need to pick an IP that's outside of your DHCP range.

Fishy
Old School Gamer
Thira CLONE
Apr 26 2007, 07:41 PM
If your adapter has LAN port faced pin side as outer ("L" side), it's HIT-0400. Or if faced pin side as inner ("N" side), it's HIT-0300.

Okay, so I am looking at the picture of it and the clip side is on the L and the "pins" are on the N side of the lan... so thats a HIT-300 and useless to play any bba games right.

AleronIves
Member Avatar
PSO Addict
You got swindled? <_< If it is indeed the LAN adapter, yeah it's useless AFAIK.

Fishy
Old School Gamer
Yah I was swindled. I emailed the seller and created a paypal dispute because the auction CLEARLY states the model number is HIT-0401 and the auction title is Dreamcast Broadband Adapter and in the auction description lists it as a Dreamcast Broadband Adapter. Hopefully I get it resolved with non negative feedback. I also bought another dreamcast adapter off the net... US model and complete.

psofreak
Member Avatar

Fishy
Apr 26 2007, 08:42 PM
dispute because the auction CLEARLY states the model numYah I was swindled. I emailed the seller and created a paypal ber is HIT-0401 and the auction title is Dreamcast Broadband Adapter and in the auction description lists it as a Dreamcast Broadband Adapter. Hopefully I get it resolved with non negative feedback. I also bought another dreamcast adapter off the net... US model and complete.

hi,
may i ask where you bought the one that is a U.S model at.
and do you know if they have any more?

thanks for any help.

Fishy
Old School Gamer
I bought it off of ebay, there should be some more listed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · PSO DC · Next Topic »
Add Reply