Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted Image

Welcome to The Rec Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means there are some features you can't use, and you must enter that annoying anti-spam-bot confirmation code with each post you make as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Not to mention hassle-free posting. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Future Perfect Console Differences
Topic Started: Aug 14 2013, 01:08 PM (1,895 Views)
admiralhowdy
Member Avatar
Lighthouse Keeper
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've played plenty of mapmaker assaults with maximum bot numbers, but no, my lighting was probably never too complicated because I always hated the Gamecube glitchiness of light variation.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Knuckles83
Member Avatar
Shadow the Hedgehog with a gun? Badass, LAWLS!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
admiralhowdy
Feb 20 2016, 11:47 AM
I've played plenty of mapmaker assaults with maximum bot numbers, but no, my lighting was probably never too complicated because I always hated the Gamecube glitchiness of light variation.
I do remember the glitchiness of the lights when you moved around the colors would flicker over.

Another thing I recalled that I had no freeze issues with the Virtual Tileset, but go figure, that's the blandest tileset of all them.

Le_Faucheur
Hardcore Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
yeah, it can give good results, but overall it's awkward to use due to everything looking alike, light palette being very limited and bullet proof windows. but it enables tricks that no other tileset do, like a tile looking to be one color when the light is actually a different color. also you have some tiles with great 45 angles, if you like scifi handguns. windows placed diagonally also work great for the same purpose.
Edited by Le_Faucheur, Feb 27 2016, 01:41 PM.

admiralhowdy
Member Avatar
Lighthouse Keeper
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's one I wasn't aware of until today. My Xbox crapped out so I can't see what happens on that one, but as I transcribe one of my scary trees from Gambecube to PS2 so the lighting will stabilize, I see that in mapmaker, PS2 creates a type of fog in the distance, so that tiles farther and farther away have a thicker and thicker fog filter (for lack of a better way to describe it). Gamecube does not do that, at all. No fog filter for distance in mapmaker.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Timesplitters: Future Perfect · Next Topic »
Add Reply