|These rules are to be treated as absolutes, even if they are subjective at times. If you do not like the rules, go somewhere else.
* This site is mainly for those who like to write and Roleplay. That doesn't mean that not everyone is allowed to be here, but it would be more preferred if any interest for Roleplaying and Writing is there when interacting with us on this forum. It should also be noted that other forms of creativity is very welcome here, such as Art.
* If you are here to advertise anything, ask staff members first if that's OK, otherwise don't post advertisements!
ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT
* Try to avoid using generic names as your user name, and please capitalize it properly.
* Do not create or use multiple accounts. If you lose your password, it can be retrieved by email. Creating multiple accounts for any reason is grounds for an immediate ban and/or removal of any or all accounts found to be in violation of this rule.
* Your account is wholly your responsibility. Do not share your account, as you will be held responsible for any activity committed under it.
* Attempting to breach any security measures in place on ROA will result in your immediate removal and reports with the proper authorities will be filed, with possible legal action following.
* Do not request staff powers -- this will only shove you to the end of the list when the situation requires a new staff member hired.
* Staff reserves the right to alter your account for any reason (such as removing a signature or avatar deemed inappropriate) with or without your knowledge or consent.
* It is absolutely required to post an introduction thread upon joining. You must do two posts in this area to post in another section of the forum.
Furthermore, if you have not posted within 2-3 weeks of joining the forum at all, your account may be cycled out. You have been warned.
ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT - SIGNATURE
* Signature image formats allowed are GIF, JP(E)G, and PNG.
* The width of your signature in total is not to exceed 600 pixels (roughly).
* The height of your signature is not to exceed 200 pixels (roughly).
* Even though the maximum size of your signature is 600 x 200, this does not necessarily mean you must make an image that big. Sometimes smaller is better.
* Signature images are not to break any rules laid out on this page.
ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT - AVATAR & PROFILE
* Avatar formats allowed are GIF, JP(E)G, and PNG.
* Avatar dimensions are not to exceed 120 pixels by 120 pixels. The forum auto-resizes things sometimes, but do not count on it to do so. (Or effectively even)
* Avatar images are not to break any rules laid out on this page.
* Respect your fellow members. Treat them as you would like to be treated.
* Do not post anything illegal, political, religious, bigoted, nude, non-worksafe, or slanderous. Personal attacks are not tolerated. However, there are areas where some of these are relevant material, in which case you can post said material there.
* In the case of the Gaming Threads. Linking to and/or providing ROMs, warez and other items related to piracy is disallowed. Requesting ROMs, warez, etc. is disallowed. Discussions about these, however, are allowed in their respective areas.
* Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation is expected. While we can be somewhat lenient, there is a point where what you type is simply incomprehensible, and may be considered spam. Take your time posting -- this is not a chat room.
* Please do not abuse the forum features. While posting, you may note that the size of text, its color, and other attributes may be altered. Even though using these with reason and in moderation is perfectly acceptable, we would ask you not abuse them. To abuse them means (as examples) coloring an entire post, making the entire post size 8, and things of that nature.
* Reviving older topics (aka Necro-posting) is acceptable, but if you are going to do so, please post a good amount of on-topic information.
* Avoid double-posting if possible. If you wish to add something, please use the Edit button on your post. (This is not a hard rule, since people updating their own threads often double post. Just please avoid being annoying with it.)
* Do not make a topic on the board if it covers the same topic as one of our news posts.
* Do NOT make multiple topics. If a topic was made before, yet locked or removed, it was done so for good reason. Attempting to revive such a topic is seen as insubordination, and can lead up to potentially the banning of your account.
* If you have any complaints or issues, forward PM's to the Staff Members.
* If a roleplay has been inactive for a month, unless otherwise requested, it shall be locked and moved to the archives. If requested they will be returned, this is to slim the 'open and empty' threads.
* The owner of an out of character thread can decide how much off topic is allowed. Unless otherwise requested by the topic owner, off topic-ness is not punishable or discouraged.
* You are encouraged to remain in character on all role plays. You are, however, allowed to make chat threads for specific role plays.
The staff reserve the right to alter these rules at any time.
If you agree to all of the above, you are welcome at ROA.