Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Texas Warmachine. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Foodmachine!; Saturday, November 17 - 11 am - close
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 04:44 PM (1,432 Views)
PG_BadHouse
Member Avatar
He's Bad
[ *  *  * ]
Hey guys, I'm really excited to announce an upcoming event that is near and dear to me: Foodmachine! This event looks like its going to be a lot of fun, and do a lot of good for our neighbors in North Texas. I hope you'll come out and support the North Texas Food Bank while cheating your way to first place.

Posted Image

Saturday, November 17th: 11 am - 8 pm
Foodmachine is a Warmachine and Hordes charity event that will be benefitting the North Texas Food Bank. Your entry fee is 10 canned food items (or a $10 donation), and every canned food donation beyond that (or $1 donation) allows you to cheat to win. For this event, bring a 50-point lists with reinforcements, second list optional. There is no painting requirement. Prize support is TBD.

At any point during a game, a player may donate a canned good to create an in-game effect. These canned goods are in addition to any canned goods that were donated for the registration fee. The following are the in-game effects that are generated by extra donations:

During your game, you may donate 1 canned good to:

• 1. Add +1 to your initiative die roll per can donated. Secretly decide a number of cans to donate and after your opponent decides how many cans to donate, reveal the total bonus amount and then roll for initiative.
  • 2. Re-roll 1 of your dice. Each subsequent time you break this rule, whether for it's for the same die or a different die, the cost to break this rule doubles. For example the 1st re-roll=1 can, 2ndre-roll=2 cans, 3rd re-roll=4 cans, 4th re-roll=8 cans. The cost resets back to 1 can at the start of your next turn. You cannot re-roll the initiative roll.
  • 3. Force your opponent to re-roll 1 of his/her dice. Each subsequent time you break this rule, whether for it's for the same die or a different die, the cost to break this rule doubles. The cost resets back to 1 can at the start of your opponent's next turn. You cannot force a re-roll your opponent's initiative roll.
  • 4. Shift damage one column/branch to the left or right or shift grids on a Colossal/Gargantuan once per damage roll.

During your game, you may donate 3 cans to:

• 1. SATED: Trigger 'Shake Effects' on a warcaster/warlock or warjack/warbeast instead using of using Focus/Fury. Can only be used once per turn on one warcaster/warlock or warbeast/warjack.
  • 2. FREE LUNCH: Give your warcaster/warlock an extra focus/fury point during the control phase. This may be in excess of their focus/fury stat, but does not change the stat itself. Your warcaster/warlock receives this focus even if other effects do not normally allow him focus/fury points. Can only be used once per turn.
  • 3. DINNERTIME!: Generate 1 free non-charge power attack. Each subsequent time you break this rule per turn, the cost to break this rule doubles. The cost resets back to 3 cans at the start of your next turn.
  • 4. REMEMBER REINHOLDT: Measure the distance between any 2 models on the board at any time.

You may donate 10 cans to:

• 1. STARVATION: At the start of your game, force an opponent's advance deploy model/unit to lose the advance deploy ability. Decide this after seeing your opponent's list but before you roll for the initiative roll. Can only be used once per game.
  • 2. At the start of your game, give 1 non-character jack/beast (non Colossal/Gargantuan) HUNGRY. HUNGRY adds +1 MAT, RAT, DEF, and ARM to the stat line for the duration of the game. Can only be used once per game.
  • 3. GAUNT: At the start of your game, prior to the starting roll, designate one of your warrior model/units to have Terror. Can only be used once per game.
  • 4. FRIENDS IN NEED: Designate one Mercenary or Minion models/unit as a friendly Faction model/unit for one game round.

The following cheats can only be used once per tournament. Once paid for they are in force for the duration of the tournament.

You may donate 50 cans to:

• 1. Take one out-of-faction non character (non Colossal or Gargantuan) Warjack or Warbeast for your Warcaster or Warlock (respectively). This Warjack or Warbeast counts as a friendly Faction model. May only be used for a single Warjack or Warbeast per tournament.

You may donate 75 cans to:

• 1. Take one out-of-faction Character Warjack or Warbeast for your Warcaster or Warlock (respectively). This Warjack or Warbeast counts as a friendly Faction model. May only be used for a single Warjack or Warbeast per tournament.
  • 2. Take one out-of-faction battle engine for your army. This model counts as a friendly Faction model. May only be used for a single battle engine once per tournament.

You may donate 100 cans to:

• 1. Take one out-of-faction Colossal or Gargantuan for your Warcaster or Warlock (respectively). This Colossal or Gargantuan counts as a friendly Faction model. May only be used for a single Colossal or Gargantuan per tournament.
  • 2. Bring a unit from another Warmachine or Hordes faction (respectively). This unit counts as a friendly faction unit. May only be used for one unit

Edit 1: Made it a one list event, with a second optional list if you so desire.

Edit 2: Update! Privateer Press will be sending down a whole lot of prize support for door prizes and raffles. The big thing we'll be raffling off is a hardback copy of the IKRPG signed by the staff at Privateer Press! Eat your heart out. Every raffle ticket will be either for a canned item or a $1 donation to the NTFB.

Edit 3: Added a rule, for 100 cans you can bring a unit from another faction.
Edited by PG_BadHouse, Nov 10 2012, 09:59 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

apollosun
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
GREAT RULES!
I do not like planning ahead. I prefer the perfect move for the moment. The rest is up to my dice.

Hoffburger
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I hope someone takes a Conquest with Bart. That would be hilarious.

SchnauzerFace
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Holy crap, this is going to be awesome! I love the rules -- really looking forward to this!

And for just 100 canned goods, Trolls finally have a worthwhile Gargantuan!

EDIT: LOL! I just noticed Nemo's fork!
Edited by SchnauzerFace, Oct 11 2012, 06:11 PM.

PG_BadHouse
Member Avatar
He's Bad
[ *  *  * ]
Update! Privateer Press will be sending down a whole lot of prize support for door prizes and raffles. The big thing we'll be raffling off is a hardback copy of the IKRPG signed by the staff at Privateer Press! Eat your heart out. Every raffle ticket will be either for a canned item or a $1 donation to the NTFB.

PG_BadHouse
Member Avatar
He's Bad
[ *  *  * ]
Update: I've changed this event to be 1 list required, 2 lists optional.

madpat
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Painting level?

PG_BadHouse
Member Avatar
He's Bad
[ *  *  * ]
madpat
Oct 17 2012, 09:32 AM
Painting level?
No painting requirements at all.

However, I can't allow proxies.

madpat
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Sure just with waiting on parts to come to fix the Hyperion not sure I can get him fully painted by the event.

PG_BadHouse
Member Avatar
He's Bad
[ *  *  * ]
madpat
Oct 17 2012, 01:42 PM
Sure just with waiting on parts to come to fix the Hyperion not sure I can get him fully painted by the event.
That's fine, and if they don't come in don't sweat it, just bring what you have (even if its a large base model and a pile of parts, I won't hold it against you if PP screws up).

madpat
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
maybe I'll just throw a Mr Potato Head on the Hyperion legs I already have assembled.

madpat
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Are you going to have a credit system so we can bank some cans and not have to drag them around from round to round?

Oh on a side note, I'm disappointed you can't give Hungry to a character jack, I want to run around with a Hungry Hungry Hypnos!!!
Edited by madpat, Oct 19 2012, 10:29 AM.

PG_BadHouse
Member Avatar
He's Bad
[ *  *  * ]
madpat
Oct 19 2012, 10:26 AM
Are you going to have a credit system so we can bank some cans and not have to drag them around from round to round?
Yep, I'll be handing out tickets for cans.

Bright Shadow
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Stupid question, but what qualifies as a canned food? I mean some vegetables are huge cans and there are cans of chili, fruit cocktail, weenies, etc that come in much smaller cans. Plus anything that the food bank really goes thru fast or they need the most?

PG_BadHouse
Member Avatar
He's Bad
[ *  *  * ]
Great question. I found this on the North Texas Foodbank website, so this should be a good list to go by. I didn't see a "banned items" list.

What canned food items are needed the most by the North Texas Food Bank?

Below is a list of food items, based on their nutritional value:

Tuna
Chili
Peanut Butter
Fruit Cocktail
Beans
Pudding Cups
Stew
Rice
Pretzels
Vanilla Wafers
Mac & Cheese
Cereal Bars

Edit: for things like mac and cheese, cereal bars, etc., I'll give you credit even if they aren't technically canned.
Edited by PG_BadHouse, Oct 21 2012, 08:08 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Area - 51 Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: