Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Please visit the TS Wikia page!

http://twilightsoul.wikia.com

New site and forum! http://tsgame.tk

<- If it still takes you to the old site,

try http://tsgame.weebly.com (Tsgame.tk is still working on

the redirection so it might not work for awhile)

Welcome to Twilight Soul. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kingdom Hearts Role-Playing System (W.I.P); A fully Custom RP system
Topic Started: Feb 28 2011, 08:34 PM (324 Views)
Linken
Member Avatar
Linken, Master of the forum RP
[ *  *  * ]
Just wanted to get the hype up about a Role-Playing system I have in the making.

For those of you who don't know what that is look down the forums a little till you see the RP section, then look at the character creation FFD6, that is a Role-Playing system, fully custom as well.

Anyways, on to what I'm mainly here to tell you about, the system itself.
(Btw, I'm also using this topic as a way to organize the system itself while i finish making it)

The system will be divided into three different modules, one corresponding with a different game or as referred to in the system, an "Era".
The three era's being put into the book are:
-Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (KH:BBS)
-Kingdom Hearts (KH1/KHI) (haven't decided which from of initials to use to represent it)
-Kingdom Hearts 2 (KH2/KHII) (same thing)

Each of the era's have different playing styles, classes, items, enemies and much more.

Summary of the Era's:

In the KH:BBS era, the most distinguishing feature is command styles, by landing a combo 3 turns in a row, you enter a command style based on what attacks you used to activate the command style. A command Style boosts certain stats of the character, causing different effects form elemental damage to increased combo chance.

In the KH1/KHI era, theres nothign really special about it, being a simple system it would be recommended for beginners and experienced players alike. Players would get to choose from three classes during the character creation process, Keyblader, Knight or Mage.

In the KH2/KHII era, you gain access to Drive Forms, being activated at will, or in some cases randomly, they can turn the tide of battle to your favor. The only things needed to activate are the Drive form itself and the Drive Bars required.

Like I said these are only brief summaries of the Era's, by the time the system is finished, there will be alot more to each of them.

Combat:

Combat consists of three main phrases for each player's turn:
-Movement Phrase
-Main Phrase
-Sub Phrase

Movement phrase lets your character mover to an adjacent range (Close, Mid or Far), Main allows the use of a skill or high level spell and can be exchanged for a Sub phrase as well and Sub allows the use of Items, melee attacks or level one spells.

Critical hits happen on a maximum roll possible during the use of anything aimed at causing damage to an enemy.

I don't want to give away too many more details but I will say this, there will be access to every world/keyblade/spell/ability ever to enter the Kingdom Hearts universe.

At the moment, I have a 35 page booklet of point form notes on the system and how it will be made, it's also very unorganized. As I organize it into the three different modules and I start writing the actual chapters of character creation and such, I am hoping to have a test run of the book fro each era, but that wont be for a while so don't get to excited.

If anyone here is interested in helping, send me a PM explaining why/how you wish to help, be it keyblade description, art for the finished product, or be it things you think would make a good addition, send any and all to me and I'll make sure to get feedback about anything sent.

This has been a brief description remember that, I also left out more than you can imagine, I didn't even describe one whole page here, so don't expect anything to be finished by the next day, all quality work takes time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Athagekin
Member Avatar
Master User
[ *  *  * ]
This belongs in the RP section.

Linken
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Actually, I believe this is exactly where it belongs.

It's a fan made system, and a unfinished one at that.
It may or may not be released on this site, that is my decision.
I posted it merely to get the hype up and maybe get some people helping, I didn't want to post something that people would attempt to use, seeing as it's still a work in progress.

I believe the RP section to be for character creation and use, not a place for people to post random stuff about RP's in progress, have you checked some of the older posts in the chat section out, that's where some of the RP's were discussed before, not in a thread in the RP section.

Just thought I had some valid points, but whatever the mods say, goes so do what you may.

wiiman
Member Avatar
Anti User
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks interesting and when can we expect to see it here?

Linken
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well, I need to write the descriptions and finish a few things for certain areas in the syystem.

And heres a list of all the classes and their respective era's available in:

KH:BBS:

-Speed Keyblader
-Magic Keyblader
-Strength Keyblader

KH I/1:

-Keyblader
-Knight
-Mage

KHII/2:

-Somebody
-Nobody

As for a release date, don't expect anytime soon, I work on it in my spare time and I don't really have alot of that so as I said in my first post, I'll keep people updated through this thread.

wiiman
Member Avatar
Anti User
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
.....nobodies as a class? Seems more like a race to me.....for canon related reasons they can't be in BBS era though.

Linken
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yes Nobodies are a class.

I found that if they were a class in the end it would become too complicated for my liking.

Besides, theres a whole different system for their weapons compared to the Somebodies.

Brief explanation of Nobodies vs. Somebodies:

Nobodies start the game with any weapon they like with one ability chosen from the nobody weapon ability list. every X amount of levels they can add another ability and so forth until ultimately they have a weapon of mass destruction in the uber high levels.

A somebody can chooses between 3 basic classes to start, Keyblader, knight and mage, and gain access to drive forms over time.

Each system has it's ups and downs, but in the end are about equal in my view.

wiiman
Member Avatar
Anti User
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What do knights get anyway? Mages got spells, Keys got that evolving weapon also, Somebodies got.....what?, and BBS seems weird.

Linken
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Knight have access to some abilities that no other class gets.

Somebodies are just like the KHI/1 classes, I just wanted to separate it into two different distinct classes at the moment.

BBS is the way it is for command styles in the future, certain classes can only use certain command styles.

Soldier-Of-Darkness
Member Avatar
Final User
[ *  *  *  * ]
that makes me want to do something like that

Linken
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Delete this post, site glitch

Edited by Linken, Mar 6 2011, 08:44 PM.

Linken
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry, but I beat you too it and it's taken amany math classes to get this planned out.

If you were to make one, I recommend reading up on alot of different Role-playing systems such as:

-The all familiar FFD6
-All the different versions of Dungeons & Dragons
-Pathfinder
-Gamma Worlds

Those are just a few to name, read up as much as you can so you can ideas for the different sections required.

ON TOPIC UPDATE

I've refined the combat system a little more, heres what I've done:

Combat is divided into three different parts on your turn: Movement phase, Standard action and Sub action.

During a movement phrase you can move you character to an adjacent range (close, mid, far), and change your angle of attack (which side your attacking the enemy from).

During a standard action, you have the chance to use any spell or skill you can at the time.

Sub action allow for the use of lvl. 1 spells, melee attacks and item use.

You can trade in the standard action of you turn for either a move action or a sub action, just as you can trade in both you sub and move for a standard action.

Melee damage formula: (1/2 strength rounded down)+(lvl)2D6
Spell damage formula: (1/2 Magic rounded down)+(lvl)(dice called for by spell)

Constructive criticism welcome.

~Linken

wiiman
Member Avatar
Anti User
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
When this is done it will be added to the topic "Attention RPers" which holds links to various RP systems.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Talent Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Are you interested in affiliating with Twilight Soul? If so, PM Tarou, or Click here.

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Aqu÷s by tiptopolive of the ZB Theme Zone