Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Big Boards. Big Boards at one time offered the Zathyus network our long famous Resource Archives, our extensive search indexes, and our info-packed resource forums. Eventually, these were made redundant by upgrades to the documentations and expanded search features added to the ZetaBoards software, and this forum then lost relevancy and subsequently became inactive.

Our team then embarked on a new project called Planet Nexus, where a bold new experiment in forum promotion is taking place. We call it nexworking. NexusTree offers social networking pages for forums in a fully automated format. Your NexusTree page is created instantly when your join the nexus. Find out more by visiting Planet Nexus, and become part of the nexworking revolution.

Posted Image Posted Image
If you're already a member please log in to your account for additional access:

Username:   Password:
Closed Topic
Auto Script Hosting Questio
Topic Started: Aug 27 2008, 05:17 PM (311 Views)
vibrant
Member Avatar
BB Zeta
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Question 1 I was wondering if the Auto Script Hosting tool would work on other hostin providers. I sometimes use Jcink. The mods for that place bog up the board wrappers. Can it be used elsewhere

Question 2 Is there a way to edit the hosted code without rehosting it again?
Posting For 1 Year Straight

My Goals
100 - 200 - 300 - 400 - 500 - 600 - 700 - 800 - 900 - 100
Posted Image
Goto Top

Posted ImageMike
Member Avatar
Official BB Coda

1: It could work on other hosts if you had the source code and a few small modifications. I decided not to release it yet however, one reason being security and people finding potential loopholes, and for another reason I'll explain in the next answer.

2: With the current version, no. From the start I had the idea of user accounts that would allow you to edit and upload your own files and such. But this would be a major project, so I decided to release a simple one first before I went anywhere with it to see how that worked out (and it appears to have been pretty popular). Once I get around to making version 2, I'll probably open that up for BB members and leave version 1.5 for everyone else (reason being, I want to put V2 on the new server, and letting just anybody use it would really overwhelm and bog it down like what happened with V1.5). After that, I may also release the V1.5 source (not entirely sure yet for security purposes), but V2 will be kept secret.
Posted Image
Cory: "Mwr is right." - HelenaZF: "Mike is right"
^ All will realize soon enough ;)]
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Global Support Archive · Next Topic »
Closed Topic