Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Big Boards. Big Boards at one time offered the Zathyus network our long famous Resource Archives, our extensive search indexes, and our info-packed resource forums. Eventually, these were made redundant by upgrades to the documentations and expanded search features added to the ZetaBoards software, and this forum then lost relevancy and subsequently became inactive.

Our team then embarked on a new project called Planet Nexus, where a bold new experiment in forum promotion is taking place. We call it nexworking. NexusTree offers social networking pages for forums in a fully automated format. Your NexusTree page is created instantly when your join the nexus. Find out more by visiting Planet Nexus, and become part of the nexworking revolution.

Posted Image Posted Image
If you're already a member please log in to your account for additional access:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Sims 3
Topic Started: Jun 22 2009, 11:56 PM (473 Views)
Addicted
Member Avatar
BB Theta
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Has anyone bought this game or want to get it?
Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Justin
Member Avatar
'forever.

One of my good friends has been looking forward to the release of it for a few months now, I dunno if he ended up getting it though.
Posted Image

Click to visit my Personal Forum
JUSTIN - PROUD MEMBER OF BIG BOARDS SINCE JANUARY 30th 2008
Useful LinksWhat's Happening Around Big Boards?
PagesServices
Quote Post
Goto Top

Linden
Member Avatar
BB Alpha
[ * ]
I'm going to hold out before getting it. From the reviews I've read, although a decent game, it's not worth the hype it has/had. I've also heard that Maxis has cut corners with Sims 3 - you don't have as many options with babies and Sims stand next to cars and teleport in rather than open the door. The jump from Sims 1 to Sims 2 was amazing, I'd even say revolutionary. The upgrade from 2 to 3? Not so much.

Also, Sims 3 isn't for the player who likes to play different house holds. Because Maxis has taken free will to pretty much the highest level, it seems like the game intends you to only play one household.

So yeah, I'll hold out. Too bad you can't rent computer games, huh?
Quote Post
Goto Top

~Vinr~
Member Avatar
BB Alpha
[ * ]
Yeah, I would hold off. I got it and, though my computer had all of the requirements, it still ran completely slow, the graphics were sort of fuzzy, and it just wasn't what I'd thought it would be. Disappointing. In my opinion it almost seems like this should have been Sims 2, and Sims 2 should have been Sims 3. The only things I really liked where the personality options (clumsy, artistic, etc), the customizable colors for shoes and clothes as well as being able to switch thing up like change the shoes that went with an outfit, and the increased range of movement for the neighborhood.
Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Linden
Member Avatar
BB Alpha
[ * ]
Yeah. Build-a-sim was the biggest feature they worked on, I think.
Quote Post
Goto Top

Hatori
Member Avatar
BB Beta
[ *  * ]
I would love to buy one someday :P My friend has it and i really think it's awesome :D
Reflections: Genre & Personality - Latest Mentor Guide
Request A Graphic From Me: ZBThemeZone
Quote Post
Goto Top

dynastygal
BB Alpha
[ * ]
Not bought or getting, Sims on PS2 suits me fine.
Posted Image

Playstation Revamped | UK Boards | Femininity | Tim Burton Fan Forums

Quote Post
Goto Top

Itachi69
Member Avatar
Train Insane or remain the same
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I had bought it and played it for about a week,but i just couldn't get into it. =/

I ended up turning back in and getting a refund.xD
Posted Image

Quote Post
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply