Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Big Boards. Big Boards at one time offered the Zathyus network our long famous Resource Archives, our extensive search indexes, and our info-packed resource forums. Eventually, these were made redundant by upgrades to the documentations and expanded search features added to the ZetaBoards software, and this forum then lost relevancy and subsequently became inactive.

Our team then embarked on a new project called Planet Nexus, where a bold new experiment in forum promotion is taking place. We call it nexworking. NexusTree offers social networking pages for forums in a fully automated format. Your NexusTree page is created instantly when your join the nexus. Find out more by visiting Planet Nexus, and become part of the nexworking revolution.

Posted Image Posted Image
If you're already a member please log in to your account for additional access:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Awesome Doc
Topic Started: Jul 3 2009, 01:12 PM (675 Views)
Posted ImageNicolas
Member Avatar

Awesome Doc
Written by: Nicolas
Inspired and edited by: Helena

ZetaBoards is a roller coaster of a forum software it has its ups and its downs when it's up it's really up and when it's down you know it's down. For all the great and wonderful features it has there's always the bug that makes you wonder if it's even worth it; in this documentation we will examine what some of those errors are and how you can solve them quickly, easily, and with your sanity still intact (assuming, of course, it was ever there).
  1. The Problem: A page simply refuses to load.
    The Solution: Walk around the computer three times chanting "Death to IE"
    The Explanation: Using IE is the root of all problems. Contrary to popular belief, internet explorer does not yet support the internet. ZetaBoards requires the internet for operation. As you can see, the two cannot be used in conjunction with each other.

2. The Problem: Error Code: -1337
    The Solution: Hamburgers for supper!
    The Explanation: This is one of the worse bugs of ZetaBoards. Stanley, the evil cow and want-to-be supreme ruler of IF/ZB must have taken a special interest in your board, making such evil errors pop up as "-1337"¯, so eating hamburger is the only logical solution. :shifty:

3. The Problem: When accessing your board a "You're an idiot!"¯ alert comes up
    The Solution: Stop being an idiot. If you're browsing in IE: don't anymore. If you're not browsing in IE: Something you have done has clearly upset ZetaBoards. Apologize and hope it forgives you.
    The Explanation: ZetaBoards is more than a forum software. It's a sentient being, almost, and it has emotions and thoughts all its own. It becomes insulted quite easily and sometimes it's been known to hold a grudge. Treat it nicely, though, and it'll return the favour... Unless you're just an idiot.

4. The Problem: "Hide and Go Seek Subforums" Your subforums are missing, or appearing in the wrong locations.
    The Solution: This one is quite simple, actually. Just say, in a very audible voice, "Olly Olly Oxen Free!"
    The Explanation: ZetaBoards is very fun loving. It's just been playing a game with you! Of course, it understands the rules of the game and as soon as you say this all your subforums will come out of hiding once more.

5. The Problem: Admin-Editable Only profile fields aren't working
    The Solution: Ban a few users! Get your admin juices flowing.
    The Explanation: ZetaBoards simply didn't think you were the Admin of the board, or worthy of that title, if you put a few users in their place it'll quickly realize just who you are, though. :D

6. The Problem: My board has 16 MILLION posts and I JUST registered it!
    The Solution: I'm not sure how that's a problem, actually. I mean, sure, it's unexpected, but really, your forum is just popular! Be glad!
    The Explanation: I suspect either Helena or Justin registered on your board, that or you're just a really, really popular person. :D

These are just a few nuggets of wisdom that we've come across in our experience with ZetaBoards. Hopefully you'll be able to draw from this documentation and perhaps even write a more complete version of your own for future board owners down the road. I know that a lot of the errors you surely encounter were not addressed in this, but these are the most common. And remember: If all else fails, don the cape of awesomeness.
Posted Image
First he got Clay...
Next he'll get you.
When will this madness end?
When is enough really enough?
Spider Bacon
(Join the Revolution)

"I can have oodles of charm when I want to." :glare:

Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Posted ImageReid
cool ZN coder

That is indeed awesome.
:zreid:
Quote Post
Goto Top

Posted ImageTony
Member Avatar
exit('failed to load member title');

Haha, brilliant.

Oh, and if Stanley visits your board; treat it as your last moments alive, and bow to him!
Posted Image
Zathyus Support - Are you aware that Zathyus has a DokuWiki?
Quote Post
Goto Top

Leon
Member Avatar
BB Gamma
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image
[You have received a random visit from BB Spider Pig. SpiderPig has deposited pig droppings in the amount of 50 credits in your account.]

I think I just gained five IQ points :o
Posted Image
PRETJE is open!

Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Nuke
Czar of the Nukian Empire
[ *  *  * ]
This was hilarious.

Also, I'm using an upgraded super-IE...it has more stuff than FF. And it only crashes when using it for games :P
Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Bluezone777
Member Avatar
BB Beta
[ *  * ]
lol nice work on the awesome doc. XD
Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Admin to Admin · Next Topic »
Add Reply