Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Big Boards. Big Boards at one time offered the Zathyus network our long famous Resource Archives, our extensive search indexes, and our info-packed resource forums. Eventually, these were made redundant by upgrades to the documentations and expanded search features added to the ZetaBoards software, and this forum then lost relevancy and subsequently became inactive.

Our team then embarked on a new project called Planet Nexus, where a bold new experiment in forum promotion is taking place. We call it nexworking. NexusTree offers social networking pages for forums in a fully automated format. Your NexusTree page is created instantly when your join the nexus. Find out more by visiting Planet Nexus, and become part of the nexworking revolution.

Posted Image Posted Image
If you're already a member please log in to your account for additional access:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Zathyus Network Resources - are you using it?
Topic Started: Oct 28 2009, 10:00 AM (871 Views)
HelenaZF
Member Avatar
advanced techno-feeb

What do you think of the newly officialized comprehensive resource board, Zathyus Network Resources (formerly The ZBThemeZone, formerly the IFSkinZone). It is still in the formation process, but enough has been done that we can see the direction the network has planned for it. The plans are for it to be a one-stop shopping place for codes and themes already created, and a place to request ones that you need from the graphics and coding teams.

Having over 3 million existing posts, the board has a definite history and a definite personality to either exploit or overcome. I've been a member there since 2006, but have never really enjoyed the community. It always seemed cold to me, possibly because it was so huge and was such a revolving door. With partially new management things might be different. I'm willing to give it a chance to develope.

Are you using it? Having good experiences there? Like what it is becoming?
Posted Image Visit the Planet Nexus page!Posted Image

Posted Image
Download some of my graphic sets HERE
Quote Post
Goto Top

Lewiz.
Member Avatar
<3DaveDaveDaveDaveDave
[ *  *  * ]
Like you, i've never really been a member of the community there. It has always seemed such a big place. However, earlier this year i did start lurking (and even posting!) a lot more than i usually would. I eventually stopped when the stuff i was submitting wasn't getting sorted out and put into the right sub-forums. I guess with the new staff and route, i'll maybe go check it out again.

On a side-note: I do kind of like that it's become official - it always had that feel about it anyway.
Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Codes Rock
Member Avatar
<?php echo 'Codes Rock rocks!'; ?>
[ *  *  *  * ]
I never knew the "official" Zathyus Network Resources even existed.

Guess I'll have to go check it out. Maybe I can learn more about coding within the Zathyus Network.

My Web Sites
Tools: Search An IP | Image Tools | Test Your Site Code
Hosting: TierraHosting | GrandeHosting | IPBlogs
Small Domain (URL): SmallSizeURL | ExtraSmallSizeURL | Extra.SmallSizeURL
Shoutbox: FreeShout
Search Engines: GooYAHing | Can You Search | My Search Spot | ODP Search
click me -> Posted Image
Posted Image

IF/ZB Server Status Page | IF/ZB Board Locator | Follow Me On twitter
Quote Post
Goto Top

HelenaZF
Member Avatar
advanced techno-feeb

It didn't exist until just recently. Everything was posted on the support forums in rather jumbled up fashion and support for them given there. The plan as announced is to make the IF and ZB code snippets and indexes read only on the support board, and have everything of that nature take place on ZNR now. The new code forums are supposed to open up soon, and the code requests just were opened this past weekend.

Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Lewiz.
Member Avatar
<3DaveDaveDaveDaveDave
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, the whole benefit of it becoming official is that it'll get even bigger, reach even more people and hold even more stuff.

I just wonder if that's really a good thing sometimes though :/
Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

HelenaZF
Member Avatar
advanced techno-feeb

Well, they are certainly going to be catering to the beginner crowd for a good part of their traffic. But it could work out that the large traffic flow brings good designers in and they could offer some quality stuff. I think, though that there will always be room for specialty and request boards where there might be some deeper personal relationships between the community and the people who provide the resources. Like here on BB. We consider a lot of you that visit here our friends. :) Some people are just not comfortable on a huge board where they get lost in the crowd. And others look for that. So yeah, that could be a good thing for some.

Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Dorith
BB Gamma
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Some people are just not comfortable on a huge board where they get lost in the crowd.

Indeed.
Posted Image :dorith:
Quote Post
Goto Top

Moonface
Member Avatar
BB Delta
[ *  *  *  * ]
I visit it, but posting is a less frequent thing I do there compared to anywhere else I go. Usually I spend more time of the Support Board as I can find more areas I can post in without the problem of reading a few dozen pages to tell what's going on.
Posted Image
Explore A Brand New Universe!
Quote Post
Goto Top

Nivexonix
Member Avatar
Why is it so?
[ *  *  * ]
I've visited their for quite a while. Personally, I don't see any drastic changes from the TZ times, aside from the new code team. I don't really have a forum to use it with, otherwise I would probably be using their resources.
Posted Image
Posted Image
ZBCode: Great place for codes and more!
Tweet me!
Quote Post
Goto Top

Cr1
Member Avatar
BB Alpha
[ * ]
I havent really used their resources since early 2008, I dont really need them nowadays. Anyway to me too it has always seem like more of a lurking forum than a community forum. As in most members tend to lurk as opposed to posting.
APARTMENT BALL
Advertise your forum or website for free today!

Post updates about your forum every 24 hours!
No posts required before you can advertise - simply sign up
Joining is hassle free and takes a minute
Quote Post
Goto Top

24thcenstfan
Member Avatar
BB Alpha
[ * ]
I registered there a long time ago, and I advertised there once (this feature now gone), but I don't use the site as a resource. I have no plans to use it as a resource in the future either despite its new connection to the "Network".
Continue your Trek at Keep On Trekkin'!
Quote Post
Goto Top

Nuke
Czar of the Nukian Empire
[ *  *  * ]
I'll try to visit every once in a while :)
Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Posted ImageFiona
Member Avatar

I'm a staff member there, I'd love to see any suggestions you guys would have to make it seem a little less 'cold' and distant. We've been trying to improve the community of our board, but that's hard due to our large size... if you have any ideas or anything you'd personally like to see or that you think would help, please send me a PM and let me know, I like knowing your guys' opinions. I don't bite, honest. :P
Quote Post
Goto Top

Quantum
Member Avatar
BB Alpha
[ * ]
Recently I have been more active on it. I talk to the admin Steve occasionally on the board. He is a nice person. I like some of the changes though.
Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

HelenaZF
Member Avatar
advanced techno-feeb

Fiona
Nov 20 2009, 01:01 AM
I'm a staff member there, I'd love to see any suggestions you guys would have to make it seem a little less 'cold' and distant. We've been trying to improve the community of our board, but that's hard due to our large size...
Truthfully, I think its' going to be harder to build community there now than before it was official. The traffic is going to be more transitory, and officialness brings with it a more formal and strict operational style that is bound to influence the community.

That board already had the reputation of not being a very relaxed place with a lot of restrictive moderator rules. It's going to be hard to overcome the perception that a similar style will continue to be the standard operating procedure. But I wish you the best, and btw, congrats on your promotion. :)

I think you have a big job cut out for you. Perhaps the sheer volume of the traffic flow will foster some regular community members who like to be around that kind of activity. Maybe it will be enough to build on. I'd say try to work with those that are there but keep the inside jokes to a minimum or explain them. Like the pirate signatures. I'm not in on the joke, I don't understand it, and it doesn't make me feel warm toward the community to have the sense that I'm left out of the loop. Not a big deal, but just an example.

Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Posted ImageReid
cool ZN coder

HelenaZF
Nov 20 2009, 11:53 PM
Fiona
Nov 20 2009, 01:01 AM
I'm a staff member there, I'd love to see any suggestions you guys would have to make it seem a little less 'cold' and distant. We've been trying to improve the community of our board, but that's hard due to our large size...
Truthfully, I think its' going to be harder to build community there now than before it was official. The traffic is going to be more transitory, and officialness brings with it a more formal and strict operational style that is bound to influence the community.

That board already had the reputation of not being a very relaxed place with a lot of restrictive moderator rules. It's going to be hard to overcome the perception that a similar style will continue to be the standard operating procedure. But I wish you the best, and btw, congrats on your promotion. :)

I think you have a big job cut out for you. Perhaps the sheer volume of the traffic flow will foster some regular community members who like to be around that kind of activity. Maybe it will be enough to build on. I'd say try to work with those that are there but keep the inside jokes to a minimum or explain them. Like the pirate signatures. I'm not in on the joke, I don't understand it, and it doesn't make me feel warm toward the community to have the sense that I'm left out of the loop. Not a big deal, but just an example.
In reality, the rules there are quite lax. While there can be some stricter rules concerning requests, the rules for the community section are fairly easy to follow. Almost every post on any board you'll find falls in the rules; they only restrict the extremes, such as swearing and flaming and the like. I'd wager that every post on BB follows ZNR's rules. :P

As for the pirates/ninjas thing, it appears to be about community staff vs. resource staff. :ninja:
:zreid:
Quote Post
Goto Top

Posted ImageFiona
Member Avatar

Commies against everyone, more like. But, everyone knows ninjas are better than pirates, so we will prevail! :D
Quote Post
Goto Top

HelenaZF
Member Avatar
advanced techno-feeb

ok, so commies are ninjas, and resource staff are pirates? That clears somethings up for me.

Now I have to figure out who Pedro is. :)

Posted Image
Quote Post
Goto Top

Posted ImageFiona
Member Avatar

Pedro is Pedro. He doesn't really have a category he fits into. He's just... different.

But we wubs him. Well, we pretend to at least. :ninja:

:r
Quote Post
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Admin to Admin · Next Topic »
Add Reply