Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Farthing-Wood.net Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Which is your fave of the later 90s Disney?
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame 4 (28.6%)
Hercules 1 (7.1%)
Mulan 6 (42.9%)
Tarzan 3 (21.4%)
Total Votes: 14
Late Nineties Disney Films; 1996 - 1999
Topic Started: Sep 18 2009, 05:03 PM (3,213 Views)
Sir Cabbage
Member Avatar
Shut...
Farthing Wood Animal +
I quite like them all in different ways, but I'd say Hercules is my favourite because the script's well written (and amusing) and Gerald Scarfe, whose character designs they used, is ace. :D And the songs are great! (Not so much Phil's song.) I have the soundtrack too. 8D

Hunchback is an interesting one really. Sometimes I like it more than others, but there is a level of maturity in it that I quite like. (But doesn't quite work with audiences who expect an all the family or kids only venture.) The baddie with all his lusting over Esmerelda. Gaspsss. :o And Esmerelda nearly says b*tch. Naughtys!

Mulan is quite strong and shows a woman in a non-damsel role (I'm actually not bothered about this, but plenty are it seems). It's rather amusing in parts. Good songs.

Tarzan isn't so interesting in terms of having Phil Collins droning on. XD But for some reason I quite like it. The ending is a bit whoaa! with the death. :o
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

StarWolf
Member Avatar

Farthing Wood Animal +
prob has to be tarzan. herules is ok but didnt like it as much. i love mulan too

Sir Cabbage
Member Avatar
Shut...
Farthing Wood Animal +
What do you like about Tarzan? :)

StarWolf
Member Avatar

Farthing Wood Animal +
i just love the story line when kala takes tarzan as her own. its great because it has suspense laughter and tears. nothing will beat the lion king though

Roundhay
Member Avatar
Ice Bear
Farthing Wood Animal +
Mulan, no contest.

Rhabarberaffen

Farthing Wood Animal+
I've never seen the Hunchback...I'd quite like to though...

Hercules is awesome fun, but it's not my favourite. I like the songs very much, but I always find the Muses to be rather annoying :D Even though they have awesome gospelly singing voices (who were they again?) I just meant the narration parts with them annoyed me :D

Mulan - I love very much. Epic story, awesome characters, great songs. It's got a lovely soundtrack too. I love the story and the message it puts across, about "being true to your heart" and doing what you think is right because it's what you believe in...

But, Tarzan is my favourite of the four there.

I was always a sucker for jungle/animal themed animations; I love the characters especially the crazy professor guy, and BRIAAAN BLESSEDDDDDdD as Clayton, and I also like Phil Collins because...just because! :D I like the songs and the soundtrack again, with all the jungley rhythms and the whole story of Tarzan; a man that grew up with no influence of mankind, and developed in a way where he adapted to his surroundings; was always one of my favourites. I think Disney did a great job with it. It's got the right level of happy and sad and shocking moments to make it reasonably epic in my opinion. Such things captured my imagination as a child and watching it still gives me that happy feeling :D

Sir Cabbage
Member Avatar
Shut...
Farthing Wood Animal +
There's no problem liking Phil Collins ;) - I just don't think he's quite right for Disney films. You get it with Tarzan, but in Brother Bear he was more unnecessary. Why do we need singing what we can see is happening? 'I'm walking along...' Yes, we can see that!!!

I like in Tarzan that you actually see him learning to be more human and learning English; it isn't a simple matter of grows up with animals, yet, miraculously, is fine with humans... just like that! *Tommy Cooper moment*

Bat-Snake
Member Avatar
Coming and going
Farthing Wood Animal +
These are all pretty good, but I voted Mulan. BIIIIIIIIIG part of my childhood. LOL, I loved Mushu. He was one of the first characters I made an OC girlfriend for :lol:

I love the thing with Frollo lusting over Esmerelda. "RAR! I want to rid the world of gypsies even if I have to kill innocent people and set the city in flames! I have kept a poor child in a belltower for twenty years and neglected him freedom and I have an obsession over a gypsy that's old enough to be my daughter! AND I'M A HOLY MANNNN!!!!" But, eh, he's voiced by Tony Jay XD .

Nuuhku87
Member Avatar
Badger (member)
I love Mulan. It might be the best Disney film ever :D

Sir Cabbage
Member Avatar
Shut...
Farthing Wood Animal +
*KABLAM!*

Bumping for BadgerTrey.

RosesNGuns
Member Avatar
Sheep in a snowstorm.
Farthing Wood Animal +
Been in a bit of a nostalgic disney mood of late, and haven't actually voted on this poll, so thought I would .... with Mulan.

Which is a bit of a bias answer really, as I haven't seen any of the other options XD. In all honesty, I didn't mind Mulan but haven't added it to my permanent DVD collection either ... eh, maybe I watched it as too much of an adult and not a kid. :shrug:

BadgerTrey
Member Avatar

King +
Mine is Mulan

Secret fox
Member Avatar
Evil Overlord of Team EpicFTW >D
Farthing Wood Animal +
Really really close between HBOND and Mulan, but had to go with Notre dame because it still gives me shivers when I watch it

Measly
Member Avatar

King +
Tarzan

Clan
Member Avatar
Phenomenal Cat!
I picked Hunchback, years ago. Still the same choice :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Other Animations · Next Topic »
Add Reply