Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Farthing-Wood.net Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Today... Take Six
Topic Started: Aug 27 2011, 07:13 PM (11,567 Views)
-Andy-
Member Avatar
Patio Builder!
Mod
Time for renewal, you know the drill guys :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Charmy
Member Avatar
Jump for joy !
Farthing Wood Animal +
Like I said in the thought of the day topic: First day of the new school year here for my godchild and she adored it. She looked very happy, she's now in het first year of kintergarden. I went with her and the parents and amazingly she didn't shed one tear!

AOFW Fox
Member Avatar
All work and no play...makes AOFW Fox a dull boy
Farthing Wood Animal +
Last night I took my Dad out to see the Jo Jo Zep and the Falcon's reunion show at the Melbourne Forum. Cos none of you know who they are, Jo Jo were an Aussie band from the 70's that were extremely popular and my dad used to love them.. So, I got him a ticket for father's day and one for myself. ^_^ And it was a great night. The band may be 60 odd years old (maybe in some cases 70), but they were still playing like yesteryear. And they all genuinely looked like they were having fun together, which was awesome to see. Not to mention how simple it was. No fancy electronics, a simple light rig...really as simple as you can get. Garage band stuff. made the concert even better in my opinion. But yes, a great concert, and my Dad had a brilliant time which I was glad about.

Cervus
Member Avatar
Servd it
King +
Today i'm mainly trying to sort out the mess left by some scum hacking into my bank account and buy 600 worth of stuff from PC World

Thankfully got a call from the bank

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

StarWolf
Member Avatar

Farthing Wood Animal +
today im bored. lol

SilverShadowfax
Member Avatar
Derp.
Farthing Wood Animal +
Today was my first official day back at work for three weeks. I was so pleased to get back and see my team again. Had to go have a meeting with my manager, op manager and head of HR so that was a little daunting T_T I have to go through my induction training again as i've missed a fair bit of training/main work so guess it's back to the start. The positive is i'll be re-trained so will be extra smart and on the ball when I come back out. Bad thing is, first week im gonna be as bored as hell x___x

Im so glad they were good about it though as I kinda like the job and wanna stay. Guess i'll just have to be a n00b. Just pray I get to go back in my current team as they are pretty cool :3 Made two buddies already ^^

Well, went to see Jazz after work and as it's mine and Wll's one year anniversary :wub: we went out for a meal at an all you can eat chinese <3 Was lovely ^_^ Then went to the pier afterwards and poked the machines :D Good evening ^_^ Now im just chilling online for a bit, but bed soon as gotta be up at 7 D: Bye bye lie ins! Something i've liked the last three weeks :lol:

RosesNGuns
Member Avatar
Sheep in a snowstorm.
Farthing Wood Animal +
Today I drove my car up to The Galleria and back .. and played about practicing bay parking in an empty car park. :) It was great fun! Now all I need to do is wait for my dad to fix the radio (after he broke it) and then I can take it for my first solo drive. :D Can't wait!!

Shadyfox
Member Avatar
Wolves love apples!
Farthing Wood Animal +
Today I got a letter from my insurance company. I immediately thought that I have forgotten to pay the insurance bill, but luckily it was only a random ad.

Rhabarberaffen

Farthing Wood Animal+
Heeey, good going, RnG :D That's something still on my to do list D: Must. Learn. To. Drive. I do forget that Tawny has this ability... Tawny, why don't we have a car, and why don't you pick me up from work on days with hurricane force winds and horizontal rain? Eh? Eh?! :rolleyes: Mennnn :rolleyes: *gets glared at* ^_^;;

It actually wasn't like that here at all today...maybe 30mph gusts occasionally... Tawny experienced the full force winds on his outing for field work though, poor sod :(

Anyways.

Spent a lovely weekend with Tawny's step mum. The weather was utter rubbish, her flight was delayed, and graagh. But we still had a really nice time ^____^ Was good to see her again. We get on really well, and she's loads of fun to be with. Plus we have a boost in our supplies of delicious German bread...ohhhohohhh, I love German bread <3

Went to the art class today, and I got moaned at for drawing things too small and intricate. Haha, story of my life as an "artist" :lol: Did a rather childish looking smudgy badger though, which everyone seemed impressed with (it looks rather retarded to me... meh, modern artists...) Ah well. It's fun, apart from when I get lectured for not drawing things in the way the arty lady wants us to draw them...Heheh. She is very nice though, and also very talented.

Spent my working day sticking benchkote on trolleys, and consequently getting wheeled around by my colleagues. Being small is fun :D Heh... and my "apprentice" is back... I wasn't expecting her back for at least another week... Hrrm. Oh well.

RosesNGuns
Member Avatar
Sheep in a snowstorm.
Farthing Wood Animal +
Rhabarberaffen,Sep 12 2011
06:56 PM
Heeey, good going, RnG :D That's something still on my to do list D: Must. Learn. To. Drive.

All I would say is don't do so unless you feel you want to, and are ready to. My mum kept trying to persuade me to learn when I was 17 and thus old enough to get my provisional licence. It took a long time for her to understand that I just was not interested, and only wanted the provisional for ID. And check instructors out with friends / folks you know. I would reccomend the guy I learnt with, but not quite sure he'd be willing to go up to Scotland! :lol: Shame.

But now I have learnt, and I love driving my little car about. :D Besides, learning whilst at Uni was a bit of a pain - and unfeasable due to lack of funds - so it got put back till I had a job and could manage my money enough.

Today's been lovely - actually this week so far has (well, it's only Tuesday). I have been more gutsy and sure of myslef, thus gate-crashed a discussion at work that concerns my job (and to be honest, I'm not quite sure why I was not involved in it to begin with) and have yet to be re-buffed from the managers, so whoo. :bounce: Possibly managed to wing us a freebie (hope so!) that would otherwise have cost a fair bit, and built up a load of stuff for my PDR - for the first time in ...well, since being there.

Dug out my guitar this evening and dusted it off to play what 3 chords I know (heh, that's rather pathetic considering how long I've had the thing!!) and some very basic tunes. And for once it seemed to work. I think living with someone who plays guitar properly and is in a local covers band has helped somewhat. :)

Fen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
Rhabarberaffen,Sep 12 2011
08:56 PM
Heeey, good going, RnG :D That's something still on my to do list D: Must. Learn. To. Drive.

Having had a proper driving license since I was 18 I second what RnG said. The license itself is rather costy though it is an investment that usually makes sense seeing as it normally is a one-in-a-lifetime experience (unless you lose it at some point to repass it afterwards but most people drive well enough not to do that ;)).

However the most expensive stuff totally is the car, between the fuel, the insurance, the upkeep (not to mention the initial buying of the car). But it allows to more easily move around, with distances obviously becoming less of a problem. One has to thoroughly compare the pros and the cons.

I'd say a car is useful when living in the middle of the country with little to no public transportation; not worth owning one is most other cases.

As for today, I went to bed late but woke up at 10am to watch the rugby match between Canada and France. Les Bleus did not play that well till the end of both half-time, so there were some very nice attacks from the Canadians. Yet when the French had the upper hand, that was a real pleasure to watch (especially the very last action). Let's hope they can have such a level of play from the very start in their next match against New Zealand.

Going to the swimming-pool in half an hour (I can do with some sport, considering how little I've done over July-August); after that I'll see. ^_^

Tsuki
Member Avatar
Partying like it's 1999
Farthing Wood Animal +
Ugh. Today has been...hectic I suppose. Got up rather early and got ready to go to Uni as I thought I had to go and enroll though I had been in on Friday and they said they thought it was the 26th but there was no harm in trying today I thought. Finally got to Uni and started to walk towards the other campus where I bumped into Kate's sister who joined me on the walk.

I saw the same guy as I saw on Friday and asked if if there was any change. He was very nice and told me their hadn't been any. So I figured that there was no harm in asking at the check in. The guy there was a complete and utter arse who I would have loved to have punched in the face. Thank God Amy was there otherwise I would have given this guy hell. I told him my problem and he said I needed to register. I explained that I had already done that but I needed to enroll and get my student card. He asked me what department I was in and I told him I'd be in the Media department doing a Masters degree and he told me I had to come in tommorow. I looked at him skeptically and he get telling me to trust him. I didn't and asked to look at the sheet he had in his hand. He showed me but I still didn't believe as I didn't think he understood the difference between an undergrad and a postgrad.

I was so annoyed as I wouldn't be able to make it in tommorow but fortunately I had the letter I had been sent and decided it was time to start dialling numbers. I phoned the administration office who told me they had no information for my course and gave me another number to phone but no-one would pick up on that end <_<. So in the end I phoned my course supervisor,....which I should have done before tbh, and told him my situation. He was so lovely and told me to basically stuff what other people had told me and just come next Monday. Bless him.

So, mind at rest, I decided to go get some lunch in town (Yay Bagel!) and do a bit of mooching around. Popped into WHSmith to look at their discount shelf and found Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix audiobook for 10. Bargin!Got some food for my Mum and some Vege sweets for myself and I then took myself off to Piccadilly to get my tickets for tommorow and ended up answering this guys questions about getting to and from London. I felt like such an expert XD. Guy at the counter was awesome too. Ended up having a chat before he gave me my tickets. Then came home and now about to go get some food. Mmmm....food.

RosesNGuns
Member Avatar
Sheep in a snowstorm.
Farthing Wood Animal +
Oh no, Tsuks, that sucks big time. :( But glad it all got sorted. And you've made me thankful that my Uni was always pretty good at the registering and enrolling malarky.

If you can get some names and such of staff, perhaps note this down and complain to them? Once you're known as an attentive, studious, reliable student of course. ;)

Today's been good for me so far. I'm applying for a new job, so was busy working on that tonight, and I think I'm in with a good chance. Heh, now I've said that, I bet they'll pretend they never got my application form. :rolleyes:

Sir Cabbage
Member Avatar
Shut...
Farthing Wood Animal +
RosesNGuns,Sep 20 2011
09:08 PM

Today's been good for me so far. I'm applying for a new job, so was busy working on that tonight, and I think I'm in with a good chance. Heh, now I've said that, I bet they'll pretend they never got my application form. :rolleyes:

Good luck with that!

Roundhay
Member Avatar
Ice Bear
Farthing Wood Animal +
First day off in an age, so spent they day doing a bit of jogging (trying to get into some sort of exercise), watched a few films, played Civ for a bit, started on a few assignments, and thought I'd pop into my favourite forum to see how peoples are doing.

Si Targaryen
Member Avatar
Princess In Disguise
Farthing Wood Animal +
Roundhay,Sep 24 2011
09:16 PM
and thought I'd pop into my favourite forum to see how peoples are doing.

and how were they doing? :D

Roundhay
Member Avatar
Ice Bear
Farthing Wood Animal +
Si,Sep 24 2011
08:17 PM
Roundhay,Sep 24 2011
09:16 PM
and thought I'd pop into my favourite forum to see how peoples are doing.

and how were they doing? :D

They seem to be fine insofar as I can tell.

Shadyfox
Member Avatar
Wolves love apples!
Farthing Wood Animal +
Yesterday I went to Amoprhis concert. The concert was planned to start at 9pm and the doors should open at 8pm. Me and my friends went there at around 4.30pm and we were the first persons there :blink:. And it was good that we got a permission to wait indoors. It was a really good think, because the weather was quite windy and cold. So we waited and finally the conert started. It was a really good concert. And it was great to be in the first row ^_^.

Baree
Member Avatar
The Supreme Ruler of all fish.
King +
Today, after sitting at home for about a year and a half, I find myself doing something useful again. Currently I am in Amsterdam, working for the DRO (a local government organization). I will be inventorising around 130 ecological problem spots throughout the city, amongst other stuff, for the coming 5 months. It will take some getting used to not having unlimited free time, but I was stuck. As in, stuck in life. So I'm still happy ^^

Rhabarberaffen

Farthing Wood Animal+
Awesome stuff, Baree! Good luck with that :) And good luck also to RnG! :D

Today...or yesterday to be more precise... I found myself caught up in conversation with a Mr Jean Coustaeu about plastic bottles. Heh. Awesome. He liked our sculpture :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Day-to-Day Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply