Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Farthing-Wood.net Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fansite
Topic Started: Nov 17 2017, 03:18 PM (3,475 Views)
whispervixen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
Hey everyone! Long time no see :)

I wanted to know what everyone thought about their being a new fansite for the show again?

I now do web designing for a living and I'd be happy to design one for the forum to be uploaded to the server here. I still have all my old website files, from the fansite I had running years ago - so all the information is still there. It's just a matter of updating and modernising it for today.

Here's my online portfolio, so you can get an idea of what the design of the site would be like:

Running Fox Designs

Hope everyone is well.

:)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rhabarberaffen

Farthing Wood Animal+
Hi there! Omgosh, that would be amazing if you could! Might brighten up the livliness of the forum too if we can attract some new members ^_^ If you need any extra help with things such as graphics and screenshots, just give me a shout :) Love a project!

whispervixen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
Thank you - any help is appreciated.

Who currently owns the domain name and pays for the hosting?

Rhabarberaffen

Farthing Wood Animal+
Fenrir, I believe! Lute should also be able to help with that :)

whispervixen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
Thanks, I'll PM him.

Si Targaryen
Member Avatar
Princess In Disguise
Farthing Wood Animal +
That would be awesome!

Especially as 6th January 2018 will be the 25th anniversary of the TV series.

whispervixen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
Si Targaryen,Nov 17 2017
09:27 PM
That would be awesome!

Oh! That can be the target launch date? :)

Tsuki
Member Avatar
Partying like it's 1999
Farthing Wood Animal +
OMG that would be great!

Nice to hear from you again :D

whispervixen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
So it turns out I don't infact, have all the old files from the previous site. But that's fine - best to start fresh anyway.

What would everyone like there to be on the site?

Rhabarberaffen

Farthing Wood Animal+
whispervixen,Nov 17 2017
09:31 PM
Si Targaryen,Nov 17 2017
09:27 PM
That would be awesome!

Oh! That can be the target launch date? :)

Good shout, Si! Let's do this!

XD

As for things to include on the site... Pretty much all the awesome stuff that was on the old one! Such as...

Image gallery with screenshots and character information and episode synopses
Book vs. show differences
Maybe links to youtube, or embedded youtube files with clips from the show? (Affiliating with some of the Farthing Wood fans on Youtube might be a good idea!)
Random image generator was always a nice touch.
Fan Art gallery
Maybe a shoutbox/guestbook type thing?
Visitor counters and all that malarkey.
Maybe a page about merchandise? (Between us all, we could probably piece together quite a bit of the collection - though none be as mighty as the collection I believe you once had! XD)
Magazine scans maybe?
Could even have a section about the different languages and differences in the dubs and translations, and affilliations with Thalerwald.de and the Polish community (they both have/had brilliant websites!) and it might help reactivate their boards a little too!

All that info is kicking around somewhere, and I'm sure that we could piece it together amongst us all with the awesome members of this site! Any info you need, I'm sure we can try to find it!

I used to have some screenshots of the old site somewhere, (both the orange and green versions) I'll see if I can dig them out, as the wayback machine doesn't seem to show the images and content anymore :C

Bombardment! XD

Sorry, I guess I got carried away XDD

whispervixen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
All sounds good!

Ah, my collection! I sold it a number of years ago. Kept hold of the magazines, but sold them just last year. Wish I still had the pictures of it as that would have been great for the site.

whispervixen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
Oh, and I did try looking the site up on the wayback machine, but could only get the orange version and not all the pages or images work. I'm assuming I launched the green version after that, to match the forum? lol I don't know why I can't remember this.

Rhabarberaffen

Farthing Wood Animal+
Heheh, yeah I believe that's right! It was a long time ago, to be fair XD

Aww, shame about your collection! I seem to remember you had a billion things! I'll be glad to contribute photos of merchandise and scans etc. I guess I also have a few things XD More stuff! There's also a random photo of a Farthing Wood Duvet cover in there which was in my photo folder for some reason XD

I can also provide high res semi-vectorised transparent images of characters if you wanted to use them as decoration or clickable buttons or something? Screenshots also work I guess!

There's quite a lot of info on the current site that I'm sure could be transferred over too!

Amongst us all, we can definitely compile a vast knowledge of Farthing Wood content for the site :)

Omgosh, Baree, it would be amazing to have clips of American Farthing Wood uploaded - is that possible? Those songs...

whispervixen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
Nice collection! The duvet cover - I had that as part of mine, along with matching curtains lol.

Yes, any images of any kind - send them my way! I'll find use for them.

I found the green version on wayback. Forgot the URL changed from farthing-wood.com to farthingwood.net. Duh, Leanne! It's right on the banner on here!! But none of the pages work besides the index page. :(

AOFW Fox
Member Avatar
All work and no play...makes AOFW Fox a dull boy
Farthing Wood Animal +
Hey that would be cool Leanne, I'd be down to see a new website ^_^

Rhabarberaffen

Farthing Wood Animal+
whispervixen,Nov 19 2017
06:08 PM
Nice collection! The duvet cover - I had that as part of mine, along with matching curtains lol.

I found the green version on wayback. Forgot the URL changed from farthing-wood.com to farthingwood.net. Duh, Leanne! It's right on the banner on here!! But none of the pages work besides the index page. :(

Haha matching curtains, no way XD And thanks!

Yes, will do! I'll work on getting some better quality photos of the merch and some scans later in the week. Can make some clip art out some of the character art from the magazines and sharpen them up sometime too.

Yeah it's a shame about the wayback machine not showing the links/pics anymore... I'll try to dig out those screenshots from a few years ago if I can find my old laptop's power cable ^_^;;

whispervixen
Member Avatar

Senior Admin
Rhabarberaffen,Nov 20 2017
10:30 AM
whispervixen,Nov 19 2017
06:08 PM

Haha matching curtains, no way XD And thanks!

Yes, will do! I'll work on getting some better quality photos of the merch and some scans later in the week. Can make some clip art out some of the character art from the magazines and sharpen them up sometime too.

Yeah it's a shame about the wayback machine not showing the links/pics anymore... I'll try to dig out those screenshots from a few years ago if I can find my old laptop's power cable ^_^;;

That would be great, thank you!

Bat-Snake
Member Avatar
Coming and going
Farthing Wood Animal +
Looks like I poked in to see what was going on in here right on time :D

A new website would be pretty cool.

(Also, since I'm about to graduate from graphic design training in a few weeks, I'd love some pointers in finding jobs)

Ana-Vixen
Member Avatar
Happy 10th FW.net!
Mod
Hey there, long time no see! :D Go for it. ;)

Clan
Member Avatar
Phenomenal Cat!
This all sounds pretty damn good to me! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Site/Forum Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply