Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
At What Point Did You Realize......; ....I need A Savior....
Topic Started: Oct 9 2006, 07:53 PM (584 Views)
Sis. Jodi
Unregistered

Let's make it interesting...Answer with a song. You don't have to write the whole song...but the part that is most important to you.....

Quote Post Goto Top

Sis. Jodi
Unregistered

When I was at this stage of life I realized I needed a savior....

I was hurting ALL ALONE
I was searching for a comfort
I COULDN'T FIND ON MY OWN
With no direction
Feeling down
MY LIFE WAS HEADED FOR DISASTER
Until you turned me around....

But Thank The Lord ....He gave me rest....Sweet rest!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

lupe
Member Avatar
Disciple
When I realized that he was everything to me..not my parents, not my lifestyle i was accustumed (sp?) to...not just the messages i knew by heart.

"Everything to Me" - Avalon

I grew up in sunday school
I memorized the Golden rule
And how Jesus came to set the sinner free
I know the story inside out
I can tell you all about
The path that led Him up to Calvary
But ask me why He loves me
And I don't know what to say
But i'll never be the same
Because he changed my life when
He became...

Everything to me
He's more than a story
more than words on a page of history
He's the air that I breath
The water I thirst for
And the ground beneath my feet
He's everything, everything to me

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bro_Malcolm
Member Avatar
Apt Pupil
I realized when...

Life was shattered and hope was gone,
Crushing the load that I bore.
Then out of the depths, I cried, "O God,
Give me something worth living for."

Something more than my yesterdays,
More than I had before.
Something more than wealth or fame,
He gave me something worth living for.

There with life at its lowest ebb,
Who could heal and restore?
Then He came and mended my broken heart;
He gave me something worth living for.

O the joy of sins forgiv'n
Nothing's the same as before.
My life overflows since Jesus came
And gave me something worth living for

Faith's Mom
Member Avatar
Pupil
I was in the hospital bed, once again, thinking I was about to lose my baby again, after losing one last year and all I could think about was, no matter which way things turned out this time -

God has it all in control
He has it all in control
And if he can calm a raging sea
I know he can take good care of me
God has it
All in control

(Are those the right words?)

Then, months later, even after giving my life to God, the doctors told me that I would probably lose the baby anyway and I had to have a 50/50 surgery, and I had to be willing to be Abraham and lay my child's life on the line, but with God having it all in control, he placed a ram in the bush!!

Another song -

I believe God, Oh I believe God
I believe him though dark clouds should hover 'bout
I belive God, Oh I believe God
I believ him for I know
He'll bring me out!!
1 Kings 19: 11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

mares
Member Avatar

Admin
Oh..I need a Savior every day. Does that count? :huh: :D

Wow Faith's Mom - look what god has done for you!! :hug:

One my earlier memories of "needing" a savior was remembering thinking that my mom was really great (dont all small children feel this way?), and one day realizing that where she was going I wasnt going to go, because she was clean and I was dirty; she was holy, and I was profane; she was in God's Kingdom, and I was not.

I can remember looking up at her from the floor and thinking that she was bathed in light, that she was angelic, and that she was on the side of Right, on the side of God, and that I was not, and that no matter how much I loved her, or she loved me, that this one small fact would forever separate us, and that as I lived, and as she lived, the chasm between us would only widen as I became dark and twisted, and she remained pure and holy.

And the only thing separating me from her; from God; from Light, was one small Choice.

While I express these concepts in adult language, I guarantee you that in some strange way I perceived them with great clarity in my childish mind - and I made that Choice. Then. And have never once regretted it.

Godspeed on your spiritual journey!
the mackenzy project
the plan

Vessel
Member Avatar
Apt Pupil
That very song:

I needed a savior to touch my soul
I needed a healer to make me whole
I needed Jesus just like the rest of mankind
I am so glad he reached down, and put His hand in mine

The 1st verse tell of ones we usually look upon and think "God they need You", but the verse ends saying

"I saw it clearly, I saw it plain, saw him in my mirror I was just the same"

I always have seen this song as a testiment of what showed me my need of a savior. I wasn't the begger, I wasn't ragged (outwardly), I wasn't a leper, I wasn't malformed (outwardly), I wasn't the young girl living in her shame (outwardly), nor was I the young boy running with his gang (outwardly) but inside I was wretched, going nowhere spiritually, I was being eaten up by bitterness, I was ashamed of what I had become. Hypocritical...I could see it in my mirror...(no one else could)...I was just the same. When I realized that I was truly in need of a savior like all the rest of mankind I am SO GLAD HE REACHED DOWN and put His hand in mine!!!! GLOOORRAY :clap: :clap:
Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

blueheaven
Member Avatar
Apt Pupil
I had already fallen out of a tree early in life (playing in the tree) and God spared my life because I was pretty much passed out on the couch for some time (and I mean, some time. . .) and should have slept right on into death but He showed mercy. Before that, I was almost completely lost at the train station in Chicago because I was being disobedient to my parent -hmm. . . Being lost was NOT FUN. I repeat -it was not fun! O MY GOD!!

---->
It was NOT FUN living in that darkness
So you can't convince me things have changed
I had no peace, but inward struggling, no God.
My soul was thirsting for change.

But in the nick of time, I felt something divine
Moving upon my soul saying "Come. Your sins let go"
My life was in need of change. I was trembling in my shame
Until I fell on my knees. When I left them, I sinned no more!

I read "Curious George" -George was always getting himslef into serious trouble because he was just too curious. There was so much danger to get into in life and God spoke to my soul, even in my youthful state, about the danger of Hell (reiterated what I had learned in family devotion and at church). It was like, "you know if you do that you'll pay dearly, Curious Blueheaven?"

lupe
Member Avatar
Disciple
so singing the song blueheaven posted made me think of this..why do you stay saved? for me it's because...

"say what you will. i know...what god has done..i will not change, although dark clouds may come. Jesus has cleansed me, picked me up, sanctified whole, hallelujah, praise the Lord. I'm going on, I'll serve the Lord!"

glory! :clap:

mares
Member Avatar

Admin
Vessel
Oct 31 2006, 07:36 PM
"I saw it clearly, I saw it plain, saw him in my mirror I was just the same"

So, oddly enough, reading Vessel's statement made me think of ANOTHER Sharon song, that always humbles me and it just goes to show:

Like the woman who tried SO MANY physicians, ........

and goes on to say so truly:

my sickness no different, my sins were SO MANY!

My God saints, can you SEE IT? We were just as sick, just as stained, just as wretched and undone in our spiritual condition - we were dying a slow and terminal death without god, until we pressed through the crowd to touch Jesus.

Vessel, you have truly captured that, and I thank you. I was saved from my youth up (and am still), and you know what? I was STILL JUST AS WRETCHED AND UNDONE when I was unsaved. It doesnt matter how nice you are, or how moral you are, or how good your family is: if you arent saved, you are just as sick, just as wretched - you are NO DIFFERENT, and you're wandering through life, from physician to physician, from church to church, from drug to drug, from drink to drink, from party to party, from relationship to relationship - hoping someone will have the medicine to heal you:

Touch Jesus. Be made whole.

Godspeed on your spiritual journey.
the mackenzy project
the plan

mares
Member Avatar

Admin
wow this thread really encouraged me right now!
the mackenzy project
the plan

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Salvation · Next Topic »
Add Reply