Latest News

The Monster Massacre is over!
View results
Rules
Contestants
Armoury
The Final
PvP Videos
Welcome to Rsmdb. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join RSMDB!

Official Forum for sosolid2k.co.uk & Epicninja.com.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
99 Smithing guide; tips and tricks for 99 smith =)
Topic Started: Apr 10 2009, 11:31 PM (23,126 Views)
Ode to Slay
Member Avatar
Coaster Man
Hey there and welcome to my 99 Smithing guide, I myself personally have this cape, so I know what I'm talking about, most of the time(lol).

Posted Image

Levels 1-29:
Heres a very easy way to get 29 smith without smelting a single bar, all you need is 10 mining, and 2 iron bars. Do the quest 'The Knight's Sword'

Levels 29-35:
I would suggest making Iron 2h swords until 35 smithing.

Levels 35-53:
Even though this could take awhile, it would be very good to make cannonballs for these levels so you could make a profit, cause after u start making plates... you lose a lot of cash.. ('Dwarf's Cannon' required)

Levels 53-68:
For these levels bring coal and mithril and some cash to the blast furnace, make mithril bars and smith the bars into mithril bolts.

Levels 68-73:
Mithril plates are the best xp for these levels.

Levels 73-88:
Addy bolts are very nice xp for these levels. it is reccomended to attach feathers to them to save some money.

Levels 88-99;
Addy plates are the best xp per hour for these levels.

DISCLAIMER: For best xp while smithing use Stealing Creation hammers!!!
If not smithing will cost you twice as much! I reccomend STRONGLY that you use these.

Optional ways to level smithing:

After 40 smithing making gold bars with gold smithing gauntlets is great xp.
(Gauntlets are from 'Family Crest' Quest)

Cost?: All I know for sure is without stealing creation hammers 92-99 will cost you roughly 35m. From 88 I would say between 38-40m, if you decide to make mithril plates to 88 smithing and continue with addy plates after that, without Stealing Creation Hammers this will cost you about 75m.

NOTE: The cost for 99 smith from 92 is 17.5m with Stealing Creation Hammers, and from 88 it is 19-20m.

For FASTEST XP/HR: Use Varrock Armour! (From Varrock Achievement Diaries)
The best place to smith your bars into items is Varrock West Anvils, I don't reccomend smithing with a familiar (pets are ok) because when they can't follow you into the anvil house they will re-appear next to you and that will stop you from smithing.

Also if you happen to like PvP smithing gloves are perfect for this ;)

If you have any questions/suggestions just leave a post here, and I'll get back to you. I hope this guide helps. :)
Edited by Ode to Slay, Apr 11 2009, 08:06 AM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darkkill65
Member Avatar
oh no
nice thought out guide 8/10...
btw wouldnt it cost less to do steel pbs to 99?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ode to Slay
Member Avatar
Coaster Man
darkkill65
Apr 10 2009, 11:50 PM
nice thought out guide 8/10...
btw wouldnt it cost less to do steel pbs to 99?
Yea it would, though slightly slower, from what i know they lose about 1.1m an hour with hammers, like 550k loss an hour.
Posted Image

Eir259
No Avatar
Sup broski
Nice 99 smithing, and nice guide.

8/10

ageofmankind
Member Avatar
Meet me pet... He's amazing!
best way:

get smithing brawl gloves, sc hammer, and smith in yennale- always have en emergency tab tho =)
Posted Image Ageofmankind Posted Image
^thing 1^________^thing2^

Ode to Slay
Member Avatar
Coaster Man
ageofmankind
Apr 11 2009, 01:44 AM
best way:

get smithing brawl gloves, sc hammer, and smith in yennale- always have en emergency tab tho =)
Actually no, Varrock is a hotspot meaning more xp/hour but Yanille is ok...
Posted Image

Robodude35
Member Avatar
Steads Pls.
kool guide striker 10/10 :D now I'm gonna go get 60 smithing haha...but seriously..
Posted Image

summers69
Member Avatar
Legenda Forumus Maximus
Are addy bolts better exp than gold ore?
Posted Image

Ode to Slay
Member Avatar
Coaster Man
summers69
Apr 11 2009, 05:48 AM
Are addy bolts better exp than gold ore?
Addy bolts aren't faster or slower, they just loose less, which is a good thing ^_^
Posted Image

summers69
Member Avatar
Legenda Forumus Maximus
Striker2127
Apr 11 2009, 05:55 AM
Addy bolts aren't faster or slower, they just loose less, which is a good thing ^_^
Actually just tested them, they lose more, but are slightly faster ;)
Posted Image

Kirinoshi
Member Avatar
Pooping in mid-air
Addy bolts are a great alternative to 99 instead of addy plates. It is considerably slower but that's only because making plates 88-99 is RIDICULOUS exp lol. I've seen people go 95-99 in a day that way. It is also considerably more expensive. I'd say a good all around, decently priced, effective way to 99 is addy bolts.

You can also add feathers to them for really fast fletching exp. Get 99 fletching the same way pretty easily =]
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Little Brother

Ode to Slay
Member Avatar
Coaster Man
Kirinoshi
Apr 11 2009, 07:53 AM
Addy bolts are a great alternative to 99 instead of addy plates. It is considerably slower but that's only because making plates 88-99 is RIDICULOUS exp lol. I've seen people go 95-99 in a day that way. It is also considerably more expensive. I'd say a good all around, decently priced, effective way to 99 is addy bolts.

You can also add feathers to them for really fast fletching exp. Get 99 fletching the same way pretty easily =]
Agreed, and i did add attaching feathers to bolts tho :P
Edited by Ode to Slay, Apr 11 2009, 08:00 AM.
Posted Image

Grim
Member Avatar
Lolwut?
ya know, you could always add in buying iron ore and coal then making them in to steel bars and then making them in to cballs (if ur p2p) for those who actually want to MAKE some money from smithing ;)
I'm not racist... I hate everyone equally!

Posted Image

Posted Image
^ not even 1/4 of the way there... isnt that encouraging T_T

Posted Image

Ode to Slay
Member Avatar
Coaster Man
Grim
Jan 13 2010, 05:34 PM
ya know, you could always add in buying iron ore and coal then making them in to steel bars and then making them in to cballs (if ur p2p) for those who actually want to MAKE some money from smithing ;)
I actually did that for a bit, its extremely slow, but does profit. Tho its more of those who are in it for cash and not xp, and its practically afk-able =p
Posted Image

Grim
Member Avatar
Lolwut?
Striker
Jan 14 2010, 02:05 AM
Grim
Jan 13 2010, 05:34 PM
I actually did that for a bit, its extremely slow, but does profit. Tho its more of those who are in it for cash and not xp, and its practically afk-able =p
Indeed it is very slow, but can make up to around 300k profit per hour, which is also great for making money to spend on mith/addy bars to lvl smithing fast :P
I'm not racist... I hate everyone equally!

Posted Image

Posted Image
^ not even 1/4 of the way there... isnt that encouraging T_T

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Skill Guides · Next Topic »
Add Reply