Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dusty Baker gives away another game
Topic Started: Oct 10 2017, 06:17 PM (132 Views)
waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Pulled Scherzer from game for Odalis who

There is a manager worse than MM
Not sure how he has a job after the Nats are bounced

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ColtsOriolesBullets1971
Member Avatar
Personal Guest of "SPIRIT OF ST. LOUIS"
[ *  *  * ]
waterdown

Dusty Baker Gives Away Another Game

o

Dusty don't you go downtown ........

You gave away another round for free ....... for free.

o

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Dusty really is a piss poor manager, but as TLR always said when he had to choose the top of a list - Dusty is tied for first with MMM among worst managers in baseball.

But seriously, he did get his team to the playoffs - something MMM did not do.

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I have said before and say again that they won in SPITE of Dusty. He had the horses and that's it. In a close race, he would lose.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Prot
Oct 10 2017, 11:59 PM
Dusty really is a piss poor manager, but as TLR always said when he had to choose the top of a list - Dusty is tied for first with MMM among worst managers in baseball.

Sorry Prot, even you cant compare Scherzer, Strasburg Roarke and their pen .... and Harper, Zim and company to what Mo gave the hapless MM to work with

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
waterdown
Oct 11 2017, 03:43 AM
Prot

Sorry Prot, even you cant compare Scherzer, Strasburg Roarke and their pen .... and Harper, Zim and company to what Mo gave the hapless MM to work with
At one time our pen was fine. Problem is the ABC method used by Matheny killed our good bullpen arms. You have to have time to recover. Too many times in 2014 and 2015 they were involved in close games and the same pitchers would pitch the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings. Do that four and even five games in a row and you are ending careers. He refused to use his whole pen and still does that to this day, although the quality drops off a lot. Problem showed up in 2016 and really finished in 2017. Problem is MO did not replace the guys that Matheny burned up. I can't figure what he was thinking with Cecil, but that is a disaster. His other bullpen additions have flopped and seems like the farm is not producing bullpen guys. That might change with Hudson and Alcantara, but I hope somebody monitors their work loads before they are burned up young.

I think Dusty and MM are close Waters.

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
waterdown
Oct 11 2017, 03:43 AM
Prot

Why not? Granted Scherzer is better than anyone we have - but primarily because he is mentally strong. His stuff is no better the Martinez's. Strasburg is the most over-rated pitcher of all time. Can't even start tonight because he has a runny nose. You will never convince me that he is a top of the line starter on any team simply because of his attitude. He is a prima-dona and I would compare him to JD Drew. A player with special talent who just doesn't give a crap. You just can't win with those type of players. Roarke is no better than Lynn. Their pen was actually worse than ours at the start of the season. Ours got worse from poor management, theirs got better because of trades. Also we don't have a Bryce Harper type player.

With all that said, keep the teams the same and swap managers and I would say our record would get better and their's would get worse. Neither manager should be managing in the MLB.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Nats have 3 SP with sub 3 ERAs. we dont have one. With that talent they should be able to get past the cubs. Even MM could do that.
they had Doolittle, Madsen and Albers all riding the pine while those other boobs blew the game
It is their ownership that coddles pitchers that was going on before Mr toothpick. Glad to see Strasburg had the nads to pitch anyways

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
cant believe the bean eaters have dumped to WS managers.
would love to see Farrell running the Cards.
Not his fault Sale pooped in the post season and their offense is punch-less with the roider gone

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
waterdown
Oct 11 2017, 08:21 PM
cant believe the bean eaters have dumped to WS managers.
would love to see Farrell running the Cards.
Not his fault Sale pooped in the post season and their offense is punch-less with the roider gone
I don't think they are firing Matheny unless the Cards drop another rung next year. I think that is wrong, but that is what I now expect.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Strasburg mans up and tells me to STFU.

Denny Crane
Member Avatar
King of the SABR
[ *  *  * ]
I think anyone with the Nats' roster could have won the NL East this year. What was the danger? The Mets lost their entire rotation by May, the Braves are still rebuilding, the Marlins still had Loria (and no real pitching), and the Phillies are the Phillies.

Having said that, I do kinda agree with Prot that the Nats record would go down and ours go up with a swap of managers, but not really by any meaningful amount (not that you specified one anyways). I just think that little of Matheny's managing.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Was great to see Strasbirg step up.
Over the course of the season Baker is a much better manager than MM which like you say isn't saying much
In the post-season Baker has made some real blunders and choked a lot. So I would say he is worse in October
Edited by waterdown, Oct 12 2017, 06:57 PM.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
can't hold a 4-1 lead with their pitching. Yea I'd take Matheny over toothpick in October any time

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Don't forget too...that one of the knocks on toothpick is that he BURNS up pitchers also.

If Baker had the Cards .... God forbid, I'll keep MMM thank you very much if given that choice.... I think their record would be worse. I still believe Baker's teams win in SPITE of him, not because of him. And he's spent his entire career trying to show up other players and managers. I have no use for him and when I went to Cincinnati the first time, their fans had no use for him either.

Edited by Sigonella, Oct 15 2017, 02:20 PM.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
was real fun watching Roberts out on a clinic the the last two nights. Should be must see TV for MM and Baker

Denny Crane
Member Avatar
King of the SABR
[ *  *  * ]
waterdown
Oct 16 2017, 09:26 PM
was real fun watching Roberts out on a clinic the the last two nights. Should be must see TV for MM and Baker
And Maddon.

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Denny Crane
Oct 17 2017, 01:03 AM
waterdown
Oct 16 2017, 09:26 PM
And Maddon.
Roberts is blessed with a lot of talent, but the way he deploys it makes it look even better than it is. He does a great job.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Roberts really turned that team around. they were going nowhere with Donnie boy

Denny Crane
Member Avatar
King of the SABR
[ *  *  * ]
waterdown
Oct 18 2017, 12:19 AM
Roberts really turned that team around. they were going nowhere with Donnie boy
Yeah I've never been impressed with Mattingly as a manager. When the Cards and Dodgers faced each other in the NLCS in 2013 Mattingly for some reason removed all but one of his lefty relievers from his roster when lefties could give the Cards fits.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Redbird's Nest · Next Topic »
Add Reply